Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Practical - Telekinesis 101 [RTL]

Objective: Teaching the basics
Ambiance: X
Tags: Azure Rose Azure Rose | Open

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Untitled498_20230515185620.png

Telekinesis was a rudimentary and highly flexible Force ability, with endless applications restricted only by the box of ones mind. More often than not, it would determine the outcome of a duel, and in the right circumstances would save countless lives.

Those who mastered the art could move mountains. Perhaps, these stories were hyperbolic but the point remained, and while Pyeth himself couldn't hope to move mountains he was confident enough to lead today's instruction.

Today any who came would learn control and be given a solid foundation to build upon, for those more experienced it would be a chance to practice, share, and guide. After all, what better way to reinforce their learning, or be challenged with new perspectives.

Too aid him Pyeth brought several large granite bowls, 10ft in diameter and inset into the floor they each contained matching spheres and a small pool of water at their heart.

' ' - Mimicry

Separators by Lossa Darcuhl

"That's a very big mortal and pestal, are you wanting me to make you something with ground seeds…..allot of ground seeds?"

He questioned as Raffinki brought him into a room with several large granite bowls. Though the pedestal in this case was a stone sphere. Maybe it was technique used by the Rishii? Still it would probably take some time to use one, perhaps he could find a better one in the kitchen?

At this point he had come to the realisation he was here to self-study and occasionally help out Raffinki in payment.

Objective: Teaching Telekinesis
Tags: Azure Rose Azure Rose | Open

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Pyeth smiled behind his beak, giving Azure a amused shake of his head. "Not at all." He said welcoming Azure into the chamber.

He sensed errant thoughts in his Padawan, likely wondering what this was all about. "They are tools, designed to practice our force capabilities." He explained allowing Azure to find a seat.

He took a position opposite, sitting cross-legged. "Here. Let me demonstrate."

Fanning his claw tipped wing over the bowl he centered himself and focused on the sphere. It wobbled, creating ripples in the thin pool of water then began rolling steadily against gravity, towards him.

He held it at the bowls edge defying gravity. "Telekinesis. It's one of the most common tools in a Jedi's arsenal, and is a excellent starting point for our studies."

He let the ball begin to descend, holding it steady to allow a slow and controlled descent.

"Control is, in my opinion the most important skill a Jedi can learn." He said, releasing it suddenly. The ball rolls, quicky accelerating and striking the water that splashed against Pyeth's wing.

"So today, I will teach you the basic principles of the Force, Telekinesis, and you will be able to move the ball without drenching me or yourself."

' ' - Mimicry

Last edited:
He looked at the bowls then back to Pyeth, were they actually learning something practice?
And telekinesis? Well that could be useful, how exactly it worked was another matter, what was the science behind it? He had spent enough time in the libraries of this place to get a general understanding on it, even if the majority of it was clearly cult and indoctrination focused.

“Okay…okay." he said, staring at the said bowl as not a lot seemed to happen, he clenched his claws and focused “Okay, move.” Still nothing. He couldn’t feel any energy going anywhere, not from his body at the very least.

An unforeseen amount of time passed, with him getting more and more frustrated, with the older bird giving him advice every now and then.
Still, this wasn’t actually helping, the most that had happened so far is that he had somehow short circuited his arm and he had to stop in order to get that working again.

He tapped the ball, seeing if physical contact would make it easier, before imagining the ball shooting upwards and decking Pyeth across the beak.
Nothing, nadda.

“Okay Can you please move” he growled as what seemed like the two hour mark sat in, only to be surprised when the ball seemed to tip slightly, was it his imagination? Or had he just nudged it?
Who cared, it was progress and frankly right now he was willing to delude himself with false progress if it meant he didn’t have to sit still any longer!
Cake, he would make an excuse about cake. He was going to make the most extravagant and tasty cake after this, He deserved it!

He let out a laugh at the thought of that, a cake higher than Pyeth was tall, perhaps made into the shape of him? A bark of laughter escaped his mouth at the thought of that.
The ball moved again, this time in a sudden jerky motion that shot it straight upwards, then gravity kicked in and it fell down with a loud splash, fulfilling Pyeth prophecy about drenching the two of them.

Okay, that was actual progress, Bad news. He was now wet.

“I don’t suppose I could be excused to get a towel….or we can do this later after I make a giant cake?”
Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Azure Rose Azure Rose

There was something familiar about the Jedi temple. The presence of the Force was similar to the Jensaarai enclave, but this temple was much younger than the one he had been raised in and this had a wilder feel. Suarbi and Dagobah were old worlds, but Suarbi had always been one more hospitable to sentient life. It was shaped by it, even, although Cryx had spent his life there cloaked in secrecy.

Not at all unlike what he had learned from the Disciples of Twilight. But this was an interesting new experience- learning from a Jedi. Telekinesis. Theoretically, one of the absolute basics. Whether or not that would work for him would be a surprise. He had never had any luck with it when he was young.

But sensitivity to the Force changed over time and made adjustments. There was no reason for him to not start over and try to learn something new again. The Terminus Free Republic was gone, at least for now, as was the Terminus Intelligence Cadre. He was back home on Suarbi, trying to shake off the dust and find his way back into the old world that he was more familiar with.

"Telekinesis?" Cryx asked, studying the two Jedi in the room, one a bird and one more mammalian. "This temple is a bit confusing in its layout."

Objective: Training Telekinesis
Tags: Azure Rose Azure Rose | Cryx Tillian Cryx Tillian

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Pyeth watched trying to guide Azure Rose Azure Rose on the path, it didn't come to him naturally. Azure wasn't particularly spiritual, his upbringing and exposure to the universe was very much scientific and only now was Pyeth beginning to understand the task given to him.

This was good, for both of them. Azure was frustrated and desperate for progress, the mounting pressure he placed upon himself was counterproductive and after a short period Pyeth intervened. "Relax. You shouldn't be pressuring yourself, and try your other hand."

The Force was a natural phenomena, and he wondered if it was more difficult with mechanical limbs. It was a theory, but one he considered reasonable.

After hours of work, they found progress. A slight wiggle of the sphere, "Great!" Pyeth said enthusiastically, "Now try and move-"

Pyeth eyes traced the sphere was it shot up, then Azure losing control caused it to crash spraying them both in water.

"Well done." Pyeth chuckled, "You've made great progress already."

He nodded in agreement, "I think there should be some towels down the corridor, in the wash rooms."

Pyeth eartuft twitched hearing a unfamiliar voice, "Oh hello there. Yes." He answered, hearing the Padawan was lost he nodded.

"It can get that way, but at least it isn't the changing caves of Qi'ko. I am Pyeth, and this is my Padawan Azure. Would you like to join us, or are you looking for something else?"

' ' - Mimicry

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Azure Rose Azure Rose

"I must admit I never made it to Qi-Ko before its occupation," Cryx replied with a shrug, removing his jacket to dangle it over his elbow. "I hear it was remarkable though. If I could join you, I would appreciate it." He wasn't sure how more to say. It was odd, coming from ORION, and transferring back home, essentially. "I was raised Jensaarai but was never good at physical elements of using the Force, so went and studied with the Disciples of Twilight."

It was awkward to speak the truth without taking note of what lies were being said or how they connected to his legend, and even more challenging to admit a weakness, especially in front of strangers. His mind was still racing and assessing the risks involved and a part of his subconscious was assessing what could be gained from a risk like that. "If not, I certainly understand- I did not mean to intrude on an apprentice and their teacher."

He gave a small nod before excusing himself to go grab a towel and dry himself off before anything could get any worse.

The mechanics of how this worked was utter alien to him, the fact that everything he had learned about the force was routed in spirituality suggested there was some sort of self-hypnosis element to it, That the belief that it worked meant that it was easier to accomplish. But without the mechanics to back that up? He still didn't know exactly what he was doing. Or how exactly he had managed to do anything, only that his frustration and then joy had bundled up until something had happened.

"Your right, very confusing, I have a map" he nodded at the strangers words, re-entering the room.
Older male, mammalian, Human he was guessing, though he would need to take a scan at some point to confirm that. "You want me to send you a copy?"

"Personally Im fine with someone else joining" he spoke after a moment, echoing his master's words "Maybe it could help me figure out what im doing…" He grumbled "Physics is currently crying and getting me soaked anyway."
Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Cryx Tillian Cryx Tillian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom