Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Power Converters & A Proton Capacitor

P6Eznsh.png

"The moment I stepped foot in this city I knew I already hated it." - Self Monologue​

Luck did not favor our titular hero this day. Drawing the short straw to fetch much needed repair parts for a bulk cargo freighter in high orbit of Tatooine. The ride down to Mos Espa was smooth on one of the freighters small shuttles. The view was even pretty spectacular in the early morning light. Mos Espa had a reputation many in the galaxy had heard off. Now it was no Mos Eisley. But that didn't give it a great reputation anyways. Not having been to this backwater of a city though, things were certain to go from smooth to rough. Even if this was just a simple parts run.

Rex ducked her head as she stepped off the shuttles ramp. The hot air washed over her in a most oppressive manner. Retreat was not an option here. She took another big step out onto the sandy landing pad. The shuttle ramp retracted up and sealed itself from the elements. While her fellow crewmate piloting it surely had a smug grin on since he had AC and she would not. She wanted to flip him off as she walked away but the exit wasn't in view of the cockpit. Rex forged on in the mission. To acquire some Power Converters and a Proton Capacitor. There had to be some ship parts supply store or salvage yard in this city somewhere. It was a spaceport after all. Rex cleared some distance quickly and headed away from the spaceport itself. Soon in a commercial district adjacent to the port, the search began.

Caradon Sun

C
fcfa82dbd6785cb1d842db5652e3d458.jpg

"Does EVERYTHING have to be broken here?!"
"It is a junkyard kid, why do you think they are called that!"

There was the commotion between the pair as they handled a rather small junk pile of starship parts, known as the "Alvak Part and Scrap", it was one of the small premier destinations for those needing parts for starships. Since a few others have kept taking each others spots, this was one of the older ones that had things kept almost a few hundred years ago.

One of the pair, an older Rattataki male leaned over towards a piece of scrap, watching the new hire work on a speeder from afar. With the clanking of hardware echoing through, the voice broke through as there was a yelp before a small bang like noise with another groan.

"When I said you could have your own ride, I did not expect you to try and fix that old piece of *%$&."
"Arghhh...yeah but it shows age, an age where rides looked like rides. This will win me a way off of Espa."
"Heh, if you can afford to get into one. Still owe me six thousand for hauling your rear off of Endor. Till then, your break ends in ten, so clean up the mess before you screw the wrong bolt on in a hurry or lose it."

There was a chuckle as the Rattataki male went away, going into a small office. The human underneath grumbled a bit over being a pain but he doubled his efforts, tightening up part of the fuselage that went loose underneath it. Grasping for a tool from the side, he grabbed a hydrospanner and proceeded to try and finish up his work...that or if someone else interrupts him working on a nice racing pod known as the Sunstrider.

Is'ekapi Rex Is'ekapi Rex

Half an hour of searching finally bore fruit. Rex stumbled across the kind of business she was looking for. "Alvak Part and Scrap. Sure hope they have what I need." Looking in through the gate revealed just a normal looking scrapper. Piles of junk from end to end. A few buildings. Not that she expected any different. Maybe more? Tatooine wasn't known as a shipbreaker of course. Perhaps the Jawa's stole most of the scrap this world made so the rest made do with what was left. It'd have to do for a start anyways. Rex stepped lively to avoid any errant impalement of her bare feet. Eyes scanning the area for threats and employees. A few droids working here and there were noted. She finally came across a young guy working on some old speeder bike. he work here? No idea. Can't hurt to ask him. "Hey man, you work here? I'm looking for some ship parts if you do. Power converters and a proton capacitor. Gotta be a five gen model for the capacitor though." Rex loomed over the man. Casting a shadow over him even from a few meters away.

Caradon Sun

Caradon Sun

C
Grumbling from below, he tightened the last bolt and slowly tried to crawl himself out from under the speeder. Hearing a voice, he raised his head as it made a distinct CLUNK noise, hitting his head once again on the metal. Falling back for a moment, a groan came from under the speeder and rubbed his forehead, coming out from under the bike completely. Without noticing her yet, he spoke out with a bit of knowledge.

"Y-Yeah, we got some power convertors. An old Bulk Freighter came in recently in that had its front end blown off from pirates...they are clumped together towards that left pile over there an-"

His voice got a bit quiet slowly as he realized how...tall this person was, a tall cat?! He had never seen anyone quite like that before and he took a moment to stare in disbelief. Regaining composure a bit quickly, Caradon shook his head and racked his brain on what the other one was, a proton capacitor?

"P-Proton...Capacitor....generation five? I...I...Yeah, I think there is two maybe, one is parts to repair a broken one and the other is as functional as it gets. Ones in that reactor that is in pieces, some hodge job and the other is in that aged hyperdrive that came from the Jedi Praxeum, almost a hundred years old."

Pointing out, he was a bit more confident but was a bit intimidated. Walking over towards it to lead the way, it was obvious what was left of what was called a command frigate has more or less, degraded into near nothing. Moving towards the hyperdrive portion, he tried not to stare at her like he did last time...the shadow almost completely covering him as he was a bit nervous now of...well, whatever the world this species was!

Rex trailed him. Breathing in deeply through the nose. Then out again. Quite loudly as a creature of her size would. Rex picked up that maybe, just maybe, this guy wasn't well versed in the ship parts industry. Since a gen five was about 25 years old at best. She was no ships engineer herself, but neither a stranger to helping out aboard the freighter doing maintenance. Plus the Chief Engineer had educated her on the very part she was to get in thorough detail. Not wanting to have the Togorian get swindled by a shady vendor for a very expensive part. Plus waste more time sitting around Tatooine when their cargo needed to get into port in a handful of days from now.

"You don't have any new ones then? I'm under orders by the Chief and he says it has to be new." Rex put it as deftly as she could. Not wanting to insult the human. Who's name she didn't even know. Nor had she given her own. Something she'd quickly rectify soon. Rex also took in a good look of the man as well. Short, scrawny, they all kinda looked like that to her. Really he was normal for a human. Had a serious look on him. Nothing wrong with that. She'd been told she had RBF before. Rex locked eyes with him. Placing her hands on her hips. Expectantly waiting his response.

Caradon Sun

Caradon Sun

C
The breathing made him...rather uncomfortable to say the least. Backing up a little, he would make a motion again towards the same freighter but moved towards the office.

"Yeah...let me ask on that. Owner may know a few others...just been always told anything that had that Hafey seal back in the day was overperformed in parts."

Moving a bit quickly into the office, there was a brief conversation inside before the Rattataki male came out from the office. He was an aged male with several tattoos surrounding his face and neck. Making a motion, he took her to a rather large pile as the human male had vanished from view.

"New anything on Tatooine is about near impossible to find. There ain't any factories producing it but I got one just as close towards it, came in from the asteroids, some yacht smashed directly into one. Bad pilot, their loss. Mostly new part, your gain. Up right about here..."

The Rattataki took a piece of rebar to make it like a walking stick and got up on a large pile, pointing towards a rather intact starship if it was not for...well the massive hole in the cockpit and a smashed nose. It would be indeed as close to perfect as it could possibly be.

The worker trodded off to find his boss. He'd have a far better idea of inventory and just what she was asking for. Rex waited around outside for them. Kind of regretting not following along. It was starting to actually get hot out. That office might have an AC unit. She wasn't built for the desert. The only sand she ever wanted to feel on her paws were located adjacent to a body of water. This place barely had any.

The owner came out. An older Rattataki. Gave her a verbal dressing down by his tone of voice. Rex could only growl lowly. The old man may have been right there was no real manufacturing on this sandbox. Nothing advanced anyways. And with the Mando's long having lost power over this world there was likely a lot less trade coming in. So she growled more to frustration at this than the owner just trying to do business. He just better be on the up and up on these parts. She would sure hate to have to come back and return the part for a... refund. "Fine then gramps. I'll take the part. Why don't you call your yard guy back out here and get him started on ripping out the part. We'll negotiate a price."

Caradon Sun

Caradon Sun

C
The Rattataki Male agreed and yelled out for the human to come back. Hopping over a small pile of rubble, he was told to start ripping out the part to which he started to get onto the starship and climbed on it...literally. The human male seemed to be accustomed to climbing around unusual objects without a harness, much less something that would protect him from a bad fall. The Rattataki male would give her a good price as the distinct snap hiss of a lightsaber ignited, pressing it against the door panel nearby and starts to cut the door off very slowly.

"Why are you using that! Where's the torch!"
"It is out of gas again, this is faster!"
"Yes it is but I can still get more scrap with a torch!"

With a distinct CLANK, the door would detach from its sides as it fell forward with a thunderous boom. Going inside the place, he would deactivate the lightsaber and start proceeding to take apart the photon capacitor. The owner made a grumble and waved it off.

"I am going to get the gas...just get her the part!"

With that, he was gone as the human was taking off tubing as it seemed to be a bit of a process but he seemed used to it by now.

Well her wallet was a might bit lighter after negotiations for the part. Granted it was from the ships purse, and not her own money. Still, it would cut in a little bit on the next cut of profits. Better to profit at all of course than not.

the distinct snap hiss of a lightsaber ignited

That noise. Rex's ears shot up. Eyes homing in on the source. A lightsaber! And in the hands of this guys little scrap worker. The gears began turning faster up in her head. He couldn't be a Jedi? Nor a Sith. Any order really. Working in a scrapyard of all places. Didn't fit his profile. He might have just stumbled across the weapon and took to using it as an excellent plasma torch. She knew it could cut through basically anything save pure energy or something like a Mando's Beskar armor. There was more to this guy than he let on.

Swaying playfully back and forth was her tail. She was getting all worked up now. She'd seen a few Jedi on her travels. Never had a chance to talk to talk to one. Was this guy also a Force User like her? It then dawned on her; she could just talk to him. Rex hastily made her way over to the wreck. The door he'd cut out and the edges of the hull were still glowing a dull red. Rex punched both sides of the hull and leaned into the doorway. Nearly half bent over she still blocked a good portion of the impromptu entrance. "You got a lightsbaer. That's so wizard. You actually a Jedi or something?"

Caradon Sun

Caradon Sun

C
Twisting at a few components, he jerked a bit hard at one of the large relays until it finally detached. Giving a bit of a grunt, he threw it to the side and taking out a hydro-spanner, started to take apart some of the bolts on the ground. Hearing a rather distinct set of clangs, he stopped for a moment to turn towards the noise to see...well, the very large cat like person blocking the entrance he created and denting it a bit more. Was it to just get through? Going back to work, he listened to her words though it was the first time someone told him a phrase...

"Jedi? Could have been if the Jedi did not strand me on Endor...after I was ejected out towards it. The Jedi left me there...New Imperial Order I think left me there...a Sith also left me back there. To say the least, I don't care for any of the following things, all I know is I have something that cuts and breaks stuff. Been pretty handy."

It was the truth, he had no idea how to really properly use it at all. He just knew how to swing it, fight up close in very rare circumstances and have an idea that it can deflect a blaster bolt...but it hurts. Undoing the last bolt, he tossed it to the side and pulled up rather harshly on the part before it snapped off. Pulling it to the side, he started to undo now the wiring still attached at the bottom.

"So far the only person that seemed to get me off world was a ten grand debt. Every other..."government" so to speak, was about as useless or fighting each other as the last one. At least I had a bunker to stay in, where I got this old dinosaur."

Seemed to have struck a nerve in him with that. Being abandoned and left behind surely isn't an easy thing to experience. She couldn't relate, but, she could understand. Rex just watched him work as he spoke for a bit. Every bolt he threw aside made here ears twitch. A reflex of her feline nature. Not something that happened all the time of course. Reaching a hand out as he tossed the last bolt she caught just before it landed in an invisible grip. Whether he noticed the lack of a metal on metal ping as he carried on removing her part she couldn't tell. The part was drawn nearer to her by will.

"You could still be in that bunker. Yet here you are!" A great deal of sarcastic enthusiasm was inserted into that last sentence. "A Jedi would probably say. It was the will of The Force to find that lightsaber and escape that world by any means. Or some schlock like that. Better yet though, you chose to leave. Took ten grand of deb to do it. Eh, probably worth it though."

The bolt began rotating end over end. Suddenly stopping. The reversing direction. Rex was rather careless with her abilities. Many Force Sensitives hide theirs away from others for various reasons. She did not have a care. Whether using it for a practical purposes or just entertaining herself like now. The Force was hers to use freely. Unconstrained by ideology or training. Limited of course without it in some ways.

"Hows the disassembly coming along though. Almost done. Starting to get way too hot out here."

Caradon Sun

Caradon Sun

C
"It was, got off a planet of horrible tiny bears that want nothing but my death. But who is counting?"

Wrenching apart the last one, he pulled it up and handed it to her as he finally noticed the bolt turning in the direction...held in place. He blinked a few times as he watched but kept very quiet. His right hand slowly started to reach towards the lightsaber again, remembering all the other times he had been shown this. Taking one step before another backwards, he motioned gently towards the generator with his left hand.

"Yeah, all yours...now pardon the language but get the kriff out of here. I don't want any more damn trouble from whatever side you came from!"

"Side?"

It took a few seconds for it to click with what he meant. Rex lost concentration, letting the bolt fall to the deck plating as he handed her the Proton Capacitor. She attempted to hold back her laughter but failed hard. Nearly dropping the damn thing in the process.

"You, hah, think I'm a Jedi or Sith or something don't ya now then? That's a reversal. Ha ha ha! Man I'm like a glorified office girl."

Finally she reigned it in and was back to her mostly composed demeanor.

"Wew lad, ain't had a laugh as good as that it weeks. Names Rex by the way. I really ain't one of them. I operate an ore hauling business for a living. That's why I need this part. Freighters busted without it and I got a deadline to meet. Sorry if I freaked you out at all. Guess you don't take too kindly to others with The Force."

Caradon Sun

Rex moved the part to her hip to brace it against. Not wanting to drop it on the way back to the shuttle.

"Well reckon you want me to shove off then. Before I go though. What's your name?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom