Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Begets Knowledge (Open to all OS Members)

Bellatrix lowered her head, her dull orange eyes still trained on the Sith instructor.

“Thank you, Lord Bane,” she said. “I will continue with the metal working and then meet you in the Eternal Library later.”

This was the first act of kindness granted to the half-Chiss slave in a long time. In the Blood Pact she was either abused or ignored, with not much in between. Her Sith Master, [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] could also be cold and temperamental. His determination to train her into a killing machine had him relentlessly pushing her, sometimes beyond the limits of what she felt she was capable of. When she reported back to [member="Kuryr"], at least her Taung master would be pleased to find out how hard the Togruta Sith Knight was training her.

But Bane was different. There was a hint of understanding in his dark eyes. She hoped that when they were alone, she would be able to find out a little more about him and his background. But for now, she continued on with her cutting and polishing.

[member="Sage Bane"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Darth Venefica"] @T'zanith Zebron [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Ally Skycrawler"] [member="Lord Eclipsion"] [member="Greta Kohler"]

Matreya

An alchemical school. The first thought when word reached him of such? Imbecilic! Whomever did the teaching had to worry about being one day surpassed, over ran, or killed by a large number of beings that would know their secrets!

But then, was not that the same that he learned when he first joined the Empire before it fell? Wasnt it he that was expected to slay Voracitos when it came time?

Thus Damien found himself on the way towards the new establishment hours before the first student arrived. Clad in a Corellian Silk suit, with a Cloak of Nuun to cover himself, he moved silent amongst many of the futures greatest minds. With every step he neared suspicion and yet he did not worry.

Being an adept alchemist, Damien was very well versed in the Art of the Small and thus could dwindle his Force Signature until it was nigh impossible to sense. Those that did, would simply believe it a student they felt.

Leaning against a wall to the side, arms folded across his chest as he watched events unfold, Damien smiled to himself. This Sage Bane was doing good. But did he possess knowledge of Metallurgy such as Damien? Did he know of Biological Alchemy as the Ancient Sith did?

Damien held multiple original prints of the highest caliber teaching of Biological, and had self taught himself to make steel, bone, or even wood to the hardness of Beskar!

Drawing his cloak away from his body, he let himself be seen. Yet still he remained silent. If [member="Sage Bane"] wanted a second teacher for the class he could speak to him.

Objective: 1, Group training class on Sith Amulets
Members: [member="Cath Lorr"] [member="Ally Skycrawler"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Bellatrix Celvina"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Greta Kohler"] [member="Erebus Seth"] [member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Damien Daemon"]

Sage snorted as Acolyte Skycrawler shuffled out of his class, flashing her teacher some kind of hand signal of unknown origin. Whatever it was, it was no doubt rude! Narrowing his brown eyes, the Sith Lord reached out to whisper directly into the young woman's mind. His tone was not imbued with kindness.

Come to the laboratories at noon tomorrow. I have a special project for you, Apprentice Skycrawler. Don't be late.

He turned back to the students to once more check on their progress before he left. Sage was a busy Hand, and his time was too precious to coddle the apprentices. It was time for them to sink or swim. However, the Sith Lord did want to make sure that the students' work was precise enough that their amulets wouldn't maim them or explode, like in his last class. It had been incredibly hard on the servants to get all of that blood and body tissue out of the Forge.

The pretty blonde apprentice shouted out a question, and Sage squinted at the flimsiplast she held up. "Ah, The Velinar Rune," he said with a nod. "That is precisely the rune you need, Acolyte Kohler. That should help you make 'pretty fires' as you call them."

Finally, the Sith Lord noticed a newcomer to the class. A man shimmered into view as he removed his cloak. Sage cocked his head and then crossed the room to the stranger.

"Can I help you?"

Matreya

Damien turned to the man as he approached, offering a slight bow to show respect - something he never did; the last person he bowed to being Rave Merill, the greatest Alchemist of the generation or possibly of all time.

"Lord Bane, I am known as Daemos. Many give me the title Lord as well due to my Kingship on Val'hala, but I do not expect the same from you." He said, righting himself he slipped his hands casually into his pockets, "I come with a few goals in mind. But before I elaborate, I wonder if you will indulge in my curiosity? What do you plan to teach here in this school?

"To what degree will those here learn? Accompanying that is the question: are you in need of staff?"

[member="Sage Bane"]

Sage returned the cordial bow. He was not familiar with Lord Daemos, but the man's demeanor spoke volumes about him. This man was starkly different from the petulant Acolytes overrunning the various Academies and Temples on the worlds of the Sith. He almost seemed to hearken from a different era entirely. He was confident enough in his own standing to realize that showing respect to another in a pedagogical position was not a weakness.

The Ally Skycrawlers of the world certainly could use a lesson or two in deference.

"Well-met. I plan to teach as much Sith Alchemy as I can, the abilities in my wheelhouse being everything from Sith familiars to talisman-making. As you know, one cannot hope to even learn a fraction of its gifts in one lifetime."

When Lord Daemos mentioned that he could teach, Sage cocked his head, his lips pursed in thought. He would, of course, have some slicers look into the man's background, but the Temple was starving for teachers. Here, one had fallen in his lap. The Sith Lord couldn't contain his grin.

"We are in dire need of more teachers here at the Temple of Pain. Here, there are brand new laboratories, libraries, and even a room specifically made for experiments with the dream realm. What is that you teach, Master Daemos?'

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Matreya

"A vast range of things. Many involving the manipulation of molecular constructs; such as making things hard enough to endure gruelling battle. As well, I own a scroll of the Knotters of Entrails original volumes, accompanied with Sideous' work on Alchemy as well. Though I have done little in the aspect of Spawn creation, I know it almost as well as I know metallurgy." Damien replied, cocking his head he thought for a moment.

"Will you be needing a resume or similar?" He questioned. He imagined that one would end up being sought against his wishes, though these tended to rarily bring forth anything save minor details. Not many put such an income to the secrecy of their affairs.

[member="Sage Bane"]

Objective: 1, Group training class on Sith Amulets
Members: [member="Cath Lorr"] [member="Ally Skycrawler"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Bellatrix Celvina"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Greta Kohler"] [member="Erebus Seth"] [member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Damien Daemon"]

Vengeance continued to work on the ground work of the Amulet. Making sure the details were correct as he worked. He was well aware that he was taking much longer with each step than the other people in the room. He didn't mind though he wanted to make sure he got it right. Part of him new he would be doing this again. Once he got to the point he needed to get Vengeance would wait until he had a chance to speak to Sage.

"Lord Bane?" "When you have a minute I have a question I wish to ask."

Vengeance didn't know anything about runes so he would seek out the advice of those more knowledgeable to make sure he was doing the right thing.

After several hours had passed, the Dagobah swamp witch had learned the words to the incantation spell from the old wizard. She thanked him, something she rarely does, and acknowledged that his debt was now paid in full to her. She bid the old man farewell and took her rune crested bone and headed for a more secluded area of the building. She knew what she wanted and she also knew she did not want to be disturbed by anyone as she performed the ritual.
Choosing a dark and musty section of the building, something that reminded her of her cave back on Dagobah, she sat on the floor discarding her skin cloak in the process. According to both Lord Bane and the old man, the ritual was going to be taxing on her both mentally and physically. Luckily for her, it had been days since she had a proper meal so the fasting aspect was already in place. Crossing her legs over one another as she sat on the floor, she closed her eyes and reached her mind further and deeper in the depths of the Darkside energy that surrounding this place and her.
"sulig natura antai kash mirtis ir sulig mirtis antai kash natura sulig jautrus mes aras aukotijas midwan sulig midwan mes aras aukotijas azinimas seniai ir zarchas jegala nu xuontai j'us kia grizti su nuyak doz'vamas mazo anas zhol gal buti evitika je'as visiskas beda," she spoke in the ancient language of the Sith, feeling the swirling energies combining into one. She repeated the spell thrice and felt the bone in her hand begin to vibrate and grow cold. Finally, she began to pour her own energy, the reserves she held back, into the spell transforming the bone into an alchemy artifact.
Feeling exhausted, she let out a small breath and opened her eyes. The small bone, once polished white, now had a black and green hue surrounding it. A quick check through the Force and she could feel the immense power coursing through it. The ritual was complete. The spell successfully achieved. And her new toy was alive.
Taking out a small dagger and pouch from her cloak, she quickly untied the pouch and produced two silver, small rings. She attached one of the rings to the end of the small bone, securing it properly and permanently. Then with the dagger, she cut a hole through the septum feature of her nose ignoring both the pain and the dripping blood. She shoved the bone through the holes and then attached the second silver ring on the other end. Now it was time to test her masterpiece.
Finding the old wizard again asleep in his quarters, she quickly produced her lightsaber, thumbed the activation stud, and cut the old man down in his sleep. With a small smile on her face, she pointed to the old man and spoke one single word.
"Pradzia!"
The lifelss corpse sat up, it's eyes now placed by green and smoky orbs, turned it's head toward her. The creature stood up and dropped to one knee, it's head in a bowing gesture.
"What is thy bidding my Master," it spoke with a hollowed and haunting voice.

Darth Venefica studied the undead old man, feeling the familiar flicker of her own Force signature radiating off him. Interesting. What also interested her was the ability of speech the undead possessed. She had seen other corpses brought back to life who did not have the ability to speak unless of course you counted grunts and moans as speech.
"What is your name," she asked the undead old man.
The bowing man raised it's head and stared at her. She waited a few more seconds and repeated her question. Again she did not receive an answer. Just as she was about to ask a third time, the undead began to speak.
"I have no recollection of a name, Master."
She began tapping her right index finger against her pursed lips. It seems the spell has robbed the undead of it's memories. But to be sure, she decided to rifle off a set of questions at it.
"Where were you born? Do you know or feel the Force inside you? Does the name Mirabella mean anything to you?"
The undead shook it's head as it struggled to find the answers to the questions posed to it. After failing to find what it sought it responded.
"I was born here when you created me Master. Force, I do no understand what that is and the only thing I feel is cold and a tingling sensation. Mirabella, is that your name Master?"
She began to understand what was happening. Since the old man could not recall the name of his exiled wife Mirabella, for starters, it led her to believe that when she raised a corpse all traces of their memory was erased. This was good. Also, the old man could not feel the Force and by her own feelings as well, she could not feel the Force in him any longer. So a raised Force user lost the ability to control the Force; which made sense since the Force only worked through the living and this old man was not among the living.

"Come," she commanded and led the undead through the halls.
Her creation exhibited loss of memory which in her eyes was not a bad concept, however, she needed to know what other weaknesses and what strengths it possessed before she attempted to raise another corpse in the hostile galaxy. In the temple, she could experiment with her creation away from the prying eyes of the galaxy. The first test, see how well it responded to Force attacks and for this she asked a Knight to accompany her in the trial.
"First, I want you to invade the mind of the undead," she said to the female Sith Knight that stood with them in the courtyard.
The Knight attempted to break into the mind of the undead several times, using various applications of mind control; and each attempt failed. So the undead was immune to mind attacks. To further understand this, she made several attempts herself to break through the mind of the undead and to her surprise, found she could not do this herself. Interesting. Next she asked the Knight to use basic Force attacks like push and pull to see what effects it had on her thrall. The undead was violently shoved to the ground when pushed and easily pulled toward the Knight when she called his body to her. So her creations were not immune to the Force at all, just mental attacks.
Just as she was about to speak, the old man's undead body began to melt and ended up like a pile of goo on the courtyard's stone grounds. Darth Venefica stared at the blob, understanding now that there was a time limit on the undead's life. She retraced their steps in her mind from the time they left the old man's chambers to the second death of the old man and calculated there was a ten minute window of survival. She had hoped for longer duration but the sole purpose of the raised corpse was to fight for her, not for the two to become best mates.
"You will continue to assist me in my experiments," she told the Sith Knight.
Darth Venefica needed a new test subject, and what better place to find one than the holding cells here inside the temple.

With a new and fresh undead thrall to work with, the trio moved to one of the training chambers inside the building where other alchemists and spellcasters could work or flesh out new ideas. She wanted to test a theory about her creation so she asked the Knight to command the undead to attack her. When the creature did not budge, she told the Knight to order the undead to attack the Sith Lady. Again, nothing.
"Walk toward the far wall over there," she ordered the undead prisoner.
"Yes Master," it replied and moved to take up a position next to the wall.
"Prepare to defend yourself Knight but do not kill it," she said to the girl then to the thrall she said, "Attack her!"
A haunting and eerie scream erupted from the undead as it charged toward the Sith Knight. The Knight moved right and left, sidestepping the attacks from the undead. After seeing what she needed to see, she ordered the undead to stop; which it did. So, the undead only listened to her. This was perfect! Now for the next test.
She asked the Knight to reach out and scan both of them through the Force to determine if the undead could only be felt by her or if it could be felt others. After the Knight completed her run, she frowned slightly while rubbing her head. Finally she spoke.
"That is strange Lady Venefica. There is no traces of the Force inside this creature yet I can feel your Force signature radiating off it."
"Yes.....I noticed it as well and I was interested in knowing if it was a side effect directly with me."
Again the time frame elapsed and the creature melted away. And like before she needed new test subjects.

They returned to clean chamber with two prisoners with them. Darth Venefica knew she could have one undead up and running but what about two. So after the Knight killed one of the test subjects, she raised it by speaking the word. And as before, she went through the rounds of questioning and Force attacks again and found the results to be the same. She know understood what she had created for herself.
The undead killed the other prisoner once the order was given by Darth Venefica, and after speaking the word to raise the other corpse she witnessed a major drawback. When the new corpse sprang to life, at the exact moment the previous one melted away. So, she could only have one at a time. This did not concern her since she believed her thrall would die anyway in combat. She could work around that.
However, after the rounds of testing on the new life infused corpse she discovered that the replacement undead was heavily vulnerable to the Force and that the bond between them could in fact be broken. Also, she discovered the replacement was far less intelligent than the one that was created when no other undead was previously alive. Even though it could still speak, most of the words where impartially pronounced and it's mannerisms bordered on incompetence. So only in desperate situations would she raise another before the first one's expiration time slipped away.

She bid the Sith Knight farewell and left the chamber where two piles of goo now remained. The initial testing had produced both positive and negative results; but she could live with that. She understood that not everything created was without some flaws, it was how you dealt with such flaws that strengthened the success of your creations.
Returning to the Forge, she thanked Lord Bane for his assistance as well. Before leaving, she observed what the others were working on and was satisfied with all their hard work. Alchemy and spells was no easy task to master. She knew that first hand but after this day, she now had a better understanding of her own personal knowledge in both.
After boarding the shuttle, she ordered the pilot to take her back to Anaxes where she had other projects in the works. So much work to be done and so little time to achieve it all. As she sat in the back of the shuttle reflecting on what she had accomplished, she could only smile to herself. This new concept of raising the dead was just the beginning. With what she was planning now and with the results she hoping to discover would make raising the dead look like child's play.

Finding she would need privacy in order to finish the necessary ritual to bind the pieces together and finally create her amulet, Darth Ophidia stood up. She gave Greta Kohler a court nod as to excuse herself. Her hands gathered up the flimiplasts, bauble and other necessary tidbits for the ritual. She did not go far, but just far enough to find herself undisturbed. Then, she laid down her notes on the Spell of Bonding. Her eyes closed as she called the Force to her and churned it inside her. Sitting on her knees, she put her left hand on her centre and extended her right hand over her amulet as she channelled the Force. Her fingers curled into claws and the amulet lifted from the floor where it had been lain. As it floated in the air, Ophidia connected to the amulet and begun the incantation.

"Jin' Qyâsik, tzrji diâ tsatotj aji ki dzuontai - Aji Ki dzuontai diâ satkari ki ki waria - Jin' Qyâsik, rodyt kam Nu shiyi Nasstûrchi ir ir kata Iw ri tzihra. Rodyt dia Shasona waini ri midwan Nu hyar. [SIZE=10.5pt]Jin’ Qyâsik tzirji[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]diâ[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]tsatoti,[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]nisosûti midwan[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]an tzihra diâ tzihra an kata. Nisosûti ki ri midwan iw zo[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]sûsasosûtsi asarsi."[/SIZE]

Darth Ophidia ceased her incantation and listened. She heard something. Something that was simultaneously less and more than sound. She had heard something similar once, when she was knighted. She remembered it well, the serpent of thunder in her vision of the Dark Side. The reply grew in power until it was like thunder in her head. A smile spread upon her lips, but her concentration did not falter. Darth Ophidia took a knife from her tools. It was time she sealed the deal. The knife cut her skin and blood dripped down on the amulet, filling both carvings with the liquid. As she continued chanting under her breath, the blood was drawn into the amulet.

Midwan an tzihra - Tzihra an kata. Mis Satkari j'us ri midwan j'us natiti, Tsitira.

Request accepted, she nodded in agreement. Her eyes opened slowly. She would have to continue the ritual, with fasting for an extended period in order to truly fasten the desired effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom