Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Spacing Formatting Incorrectly

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
  • Short Description: My posts are not recognizing the spaces in between sentences.
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Severity: Seems to be unique to this account only.
  • Description: After I submit a post, the format that shows up is different than what I typed. Spaces between sentences are removed. This has been happening on all posts I've made recently.
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • Link to Thread: See my most recent posts.

This happens to me on Firefox and Chrome (and I think [member="Coci Heavenshield"] expressed she has the same issue on a recurring basis).

If there's more than 1 space between characters (periods, colons, semi-colons, etc), the board ignores the spacing. So you just have to watch that you're not doing a double space.

For example:
1 space after period: [member="Valiens Nantaris"] likes lekku. He likes it alot.

2 spaces after period: [member="Valiens Nantaris"] likes lekku. He likes it alot.

Here's a previous bug thread about the same issue.

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
>spends entire life being taught to double-space between sentences

>now has to re-wire brain to not do this

>almonds activated

No but seriously, it would be nice if it was fixed but it's not a major issue, [member="Valiens Nantaris"].

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

It's been a thing on the board for me since 2015 (when JSC posted the bug thread I linked). I don't consider it a problem, as I've just learned not to use 2 spaces in posts.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Yeah still happening for me, but have learned to deal with it too.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Jor Kvall"]

After a period (full stop) you can put three spaces and that works like if typing two. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom