Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll | The Next Step

Hello CIS,

It's about that time again. Every so often the Staff team likes to put out a poll that that can be used to determine the next course of focus for the Faction. Whether it be PVP, PVE, Story-building, or more social RP. The reason we do this is to stay current with what you, the members, would like to do while a part of The Confederacy. It's been about six months since the last time we had a poll so for those of you who are new, I encourage you to submit feedback on the options listed and any unique ideas you yourself may have!

Recently our course of action has been a focus on Dominions and taking noticeable strides in our new Mandalorian Crusader and Black Bha'lir divisions. As always, we would love to have your honest feedback. Just like last time the options will be listed below for you to take your pick.

I. Stay the Course - Our current drive of focusing on dominions three/four times monthly is fine.

II. Centralized Expansion - The dominions are fine, but I'd prefer one big story monthly as opposed to four separate ones.

III. Centralized Story - Dominions are fine, but I'd like to see a bigger story that doesn't have an end date. Let's slow down expansion and do more larger, non-dominion storylines.

IV. Lite Competitive - Dominions are fine, but I'd prefer not to write my own opposition always. Let's slow down expansion and skirmish another faction(s).

V. Competitive - Expansion is fine, but I'd prefer there to be actual stakes with our stories. Let's slow down expansion and invade another faction.

VI. Other - Please explain.

Unpopular opinion time.

III. Dominions are nice, but we're getting inflated on the map. All that territory isn't doing anything but taking up space at the moment, because we don't have much in the way of visibly using it. Consolidation and development are as important as acquisition. The only drawback is that we'd need a source of conflict to drive story, which leads us to having an internal conflict or splinter faction.

But like...that's super cool on its own. Internal power struggles are awesome.

Vanric Dannon

Marshal of Many, Lover of One
Ah. I thought this would be more of an alignment direction goal. Hmmm. Well, as long as I'm writing with other interested, engaged writers, I'll be fine, but I like the idea of having a larger, more coreward focused story to get in on. That would help me connect with people more, as it would for others. The recent faction threads are good ideas to model after, but things that feel the most like a GM entertaining players will always feel best to me.

V girl all the way :D

ETA half a day later - we have enough activity to do all the things mentioned (except skirmishes, because let's face it, most of us loath skirmishes). I think we need to keep the general mixture of things we got, but add the occasional invasion into the mix. Sure, we'll burn out with a monthly invasion. So let's not do that. But do an invasion every 2-3 months, while keeping the rest the same as it is (dominions, division threads, faction threads)? We can only gain awesomeness from that.

Veena Reshma

V
V. I'd rather not twiddle my thumbs doing dominions that get stale quick. I'd like to do something with real high stakes.

VI

I’d like to see us connect all of these to be honest. Let’s develop an overarching story that drives out doms and invasions and everything else. It takes time, but what better way to make a premier faction.

Doms get stale after a time.
Pointless invasions get salty and burn out our admins.
Story that ties it all together makes it worth the effort.

Nya

N
III.

Raz has a point up there. We are a fighty bunch, and I love that and I'm into it - but sometimes we don't have a lot of story to lean on when it comes to why we're doing that. If we build some amazing places, really flesh out what we have and make it robust, it makes fighting for it all the more enjoyable and easy for everyone.

For those who've been around a while it's easy to find a reason to be motivated to fight - but some of our newer members might be more inclined to get their hands dirty if we can demonstrate that there's something worth fighting for.

#I'mAStoryStrumpet

I'm inclined to say III as well. How the CIS plays with everyone else is important, sure, but it's also important to play well with ourselves. Kinda like Nya said, expand on what makes the CIS worth joining and/or fighting for.

V: There are plenty of reasons to go to war, Dominions do get stale quite quickly especially when there is such an abundance of them being thrown up with no break to interact with other factions and offer PvP experiences. So WAR

III - As great as all of these options are I really think we should consider slowing things down a bit in the expansion arena because, just as [member="Razelle Breuner"] mentioned earlier, we have so much of our territory just sitting there abandoned. I think we could do a lot with what we already have to include so longer story arcs that drive RP and character development from within. Not to mention, it would certainly give us a bit more time to work on fleshing out some of our newer and/or less touched divisions (Black Bha'lir, Ministry of Secrets and Confederacy Defense Force to name just a few).

I am also of the belief that if we pushed for a more centralized story, many writers here would have a better opportunity to flesh out their own characters and develop them more as dominions often times do not relate back to a particular part of life that some of our characters find themselves in and can often times seem pretty random compared to what is going on around the galaxy and the faction as whole.

So long story short, I say slow down the Dominions for a bit and let's focus on creating something from within and give all that abandoned space within the big purple blob on the map a little more love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom