Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Policy of Victory [Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thalia stood in her place as she looked on and re read each provision one by one and rubbed her chin before sighing. She was far too new to all of this and what she was seeing was something she had not prepared for. But she spoke none the less as she nodded in conjunction with what the senator from Alderaan had said and spoke softly. "I agree with the others, this as a whole while some of them like the raw foods portion do have merit, it still as a whole feels to much like a... mass control by the Republic as a whole. We are here to support the tenets of our being, freedom being among them. If we were to take control of those that find sanctuary within our borders how much better are we than the Sith that we fight. Or the Criminals known as the Red Ravens. We are a group that wants to protect the people we represent, not use them like pawns. So i must suggest that the bill be heavily revised Chief Lasedri."

Jack took the time to read the proposal carefully before shaking his head.

"Kashyyyk stands with Senators Organa, Balor, and Rist in withholding support for this bill as it currently stands, and may I add you're all looking lovely today." He smiled at the trio of politicians, then continued: "A truly free Republic will find ways of acquiring what it needs without resorting to involuntary tithing, and certainly should never mandate production forcibly donated to serve the state. As I've so eloquently stated before, if you want to offer incentives to planets and corporations who willingly donate goods to the Republic, I would support that with all my heart. But this? No thank you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom