Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Point Zero

The Millennium Falcon
Demonsgate
Kathol Sector

//Start Script:
Captain’s Log. Set day to one.

That sounded official enough.

For those of you not in the loop the Underground blew up last week. The catalyst was the world I’ve currently docked at. Demonsgate. A place that looks deeply inhospitable from first appearances, like it is literally one fire as I once heard [member="Alec Rekali"] say during her own journey here.

We’ve put the Falcon down several clicks away from the sensor array placed by the ‘Alac Aday’ during her second landing on the planet several years ago, seems to be as safe as any place to bunk down and get the necessary repairs done after the whole mine situation. It has also allowed us to regroup with other agents of the Underground that many of us haven’t seen in years. Finally got that sabaac payout I was owed by Gast Balet, plus interest of course.

Anyway there ended up being a meeting on Demonsgate. A long and rather interesting meeting which suddenly saw our little resistance group basically evolve overnight into something more like a standing military. Some backer from within the Kathol Outback has pledged troops and munitions, volunteers seemed to sprout out of the volcanic craters themselves and boom, now we have something of an army on our hands. General [member="Jorus Merrill"] seems as lost as I feel, but hopefully something will come out of this.

Speaking of Merrill, he seems stressed, yet strangely in control. He asked me to make these records, in case we all die or something like that. Keep the chance that someone else will fight on. Eitherway I’m in for a busy year I feel. A very busy year.

We are starting phase one of what is being dubbed Point Zero. Apparently we are setting the Underground down, building areas that we can start to command a proper resistance from and seeing as currently I happen to possess the fastest ship in the fleet guess whose door they came knocking on. I have thirty hours to get the Falcon operational again and then we are to head off through the Rift to scout out a suitable location. Apparently I’m to pick up help from Yvara in the form of one of Jorus’ scouts who was on Rekali’s original tour of the Rift. I don’t think it’s necessary, but it would be nice to have someone else other then the walking carpet and the little rat to keep the Falcon going.

Demonsgate
Kathol Sector
Day 2

I got no sleep.
Nor did Charlwook to be honest. After carful consideration on the short distance to Yvara we decided that refuelling the Falcon was the best idea considering the scale of the Rift. While I could have pushed her there with what we had left if anything had thrown us off course or even slowed us down we probably would be stuck drifting within the Rift itself which after the side effects of getting here is something I would rather not risk.

Anyway I managed to convince a Sullustian cargo hauler who had been brought in with the auxiliary forces to give us enough fuel to top up the Falcon. It seemed like a good idea at the time, hell it seemed like a good idea right up until the moment we raptured the fuel line. The Sullustian’s ship took a pretty heavy hit with the fuel tank pressurising out in an instant so it burst the side-wall bulkhead, basically creating a wookiee sized hole in the port side of his cruiser. It was only the fast work of Charlwook who had managed to get the seal closed off before we lost the Falcon too.

So yeah in hindsight we still have the Falcon, but we’re grounded for another couple of days while I source a replacement fuel tap otherwise we’re gonna end up sliding out of the air somewhere above Demonsgate for all I know. Fortunately I know that Leslie Dapp landed somewhere in this little camp and he owes me a favour, a fuel tap sized favour.

Demonsgate
Kathol Sector
Day 3

Success!
I managed to track Leslie Dapp down, turns out he had been drinking away his small fortune in the back of his own ship after losing his co-pilot during the siege. It took a couple of simple words and just a small pat on the back in order to put his worries at ease, but at the end I managed to get hold of the fuel tap I needed and after several hours we even managed to get it installed with no issue. Okay, well there was one little issue but I managed to get the Falcon’s internal computer to accept the new part after some basic pleading.

It isn’t all good news however. General Merrill grounded us again, turns out the dark clouds we’ve been experiencing over the camp are some form of Rift space anomaly that is covering everywhere between here and Yvara, possibly beyond even. I had offered just to go at it, but according to Jorus even the Falcon wouldn’t be able to deal with the electrical issues the storm would create so until further notice we aren’t leaving this fire pit.

I just hope that my contact on Yvara has been informed because otherwise I can only imagine he’s sweating his little ass off right now. Ah well, I guess some sleep wouldn’t hurt after all it seems to be the only thing worth doing on this rock.

Demonsgate
Kathy Sector
Day 7

It took another few days but the word came in this morning that we can start thinking about leaving. It’s about time too.
These clouds that have apparently spread over the rift seemed to be strange interstellar anomaly that plays upon the energies of the rift. Our little companion, Newka seemed to be under the impression that they were a manifestation of some form of Force remnant power. A year ago I would have laughed in his face, but now? Well I can’t lie, even I could feel it. Something on the side of your consciousness, pulling and asking for you. Then there were the dreams. It was like the flight through the rift all over again, just more subtle and dangerous.

I’ve spent the last few days training on the meditation thing with Newka. Apparently I’ve come along way, but in my mind all I’ve seen in progress is my ability to perhaps guess where things are with my eyes closed. However I keep getting told that it is merely the first steps in my journey towards mastering the Force. Me? I think it is just a lucky guess.

Charlwook has done a fantastic job getting the Falcon ready to go. I’ve never seen someone so intent on using our downtime to make improvements that really didn’t need to be made, but now with them now in place I have no idea how we would work without it. He managed to get more output from the engines, MORE output if that was even possible. Recapping those fuel lines allowed him to really get the flow into the sunlights basically creating a completely rebuilt system in seven days. If I was paying him I’d give him a pay raise…maybe I’ll suggest it to the Underground command.

We’re going to pull up tomorrow at sunrise then read straight to Yvara, the storms have settled and it should be smooth flying. Or at least as smooth as the Rift allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom