Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plz Buff Rebellions

Major Faction

Joy

OOC Writer Account
[member="Auberon"]

I roleplay with multiple people. I'm more than happy to roleplay with you. It would seem that others have issues roleplaying with me because of the way that I am OOC. I don't like how some of you talk or think OOC either. I'm still happy to roleplay with you all because there is a difference between IC and OOC that I don't associate with.

I like to make broad statements about my opinions or expressions with the expectation that someone will either agree with me or disagree with me with reasons as to why. This is how I learn. This is how most people learn too. They explain their thoughts and then someone explains why they're right or wrong. I don't base my opinions on assumptions. I could have assumed what you just said to me in response but I didn't necessarily know. Educated guesses only go so far.

If we're talking accolades I have owned one major faction, administrated in three, and I have been running my own minor faction (emphasis on minor) for four years. I've also been writing on this board for as long as you have. We probably haven't met or spoken before because I deliberately choose not to include myself in the Discord groups unless I want too and not because I feel obligated to do so. I have no friends on this board out of choice. I've found having friends OOC affects my In Character portrayals and / or stories even if I try not to let them too.

If we're going to go back on topic now I would say that with your post in mind Rebellions do need to be changed if major factions are deliberately doing things to stop them from occurring. At the same time I maintain there is also likely a people problem. A lot of people on this board are lazy and like to change rules to accommodate their shortcomings as a writer and roleplayer. PvP has been brought up in this thread as it concerns Rebellions and if we can take lessons from how Invasions were changed to accommodate aforementioned shortcomings then you might find it easier to correct the mistakes with Rebellions. There is such a thing as 'bad roleplayers'. Don't be afraid to point them out when you see it. It's how people will improve.

[member="Krest"] gave me an excellent lesson recently for example.

Major Faction

Joy

OOC Writer Account
Tathra Khaeus said:
[member="Rusty"] | [member="Lok Munin"]

I'm 100% with you guys.

Two Hobbits beat Sauron.
The rebellion rabble beat the Empire.

Stop saying the lil guy doesn't matter. Numbers shouldn't quantify importance effort should.

And no, Major Factions and Effort are not synonyms.
Let's shake it up a lil.
Worth it to mention that Frodo and Sam Wise destroying Sauron and a rebellion consisting of a few thousand (if that) beating the Galactic Empire was highly unrealistic. Something like that happening on Chaos just wouldn't fly. People wouldn't stand for it. Even though said people loved the stories that came out of those highly unrealistic and BaD rOlEPlAy PoRtRaLs fRoM ThOsE rOlEpLaYeRs.

I think it's suffice to say people have different opinions between film fiction and what roleplaying is, wouldn't you?

Vazela said:
Worth it to mention that Frodo and Sam Wise destroying Sauron and a rebellion consisting of a few thousand (if that) beating the Galactic Empire was highly unrealistic. Something like that happening on Chaos just wouldn't fly. People wouldn't stand for it. Even though said people loved the stories that came out of those highly unrealistic and BaD rOlEPlAy PoRtRaLs fRoM ThOsE rOlEpLaYeRs.

I think it's suffice to say people have different opinions between film fiction and what roleplaying is, wouldn't you?
My point being was that acting as though smaller in number or less numerous doesn't always mean less competent or less important. And, shouldn't as far as roleplay is concerned.

And its not just film fiction - its story. And good story is what we should strive for in my opinion.

Major Faction

Joy

OOC Writer Account
[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

Not everyone will have the same opinion as us because their characters matter more than the story. At least to them.

Vazela said:
Worth a point to mention that nobody in this thread (me included) have ever actually tried to create or organise a rebellion with anyone else on this board. I think the problem probably stems from the people rather than the rules.
Half of the people posting in this thread have been involved in or part of the organizing process to start a rebellion, myself included.

Vazela said:
[member="Lily Kuhn"]

You don't read what other people post do you?
Unless you're implying that between June 2018 and today nobody has tried to organize a rebellion (which is the fault of the way you've used the English language to phrase your claim), nothing you said was true or had any relevance.

And even if you were stating that none of the people here were involved in trying to making a rebellion between June and today, that's still completely irrelevant. You don't need to have tried to do something in order to have an opinion or discussion on something.

Vazela said:
[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

Not everyone will have the same opinion as us because their characters matter more than the story. At least to them.
Not necessarily true.I may not be a PvP writer any longer, however I did for the first roughly 4-6 years of writing this character on other boards. I have no issue rolling with a well constructed story, or taking a hit that makes sense, especially if it makes the story better/more interesting for myself and my opponent. Problem I tend to see in these cases is rather simple. The opposing writer cares nothing about anything but the win, story be damned. Why should I be forced into taking a hit that does nothing for the story?

I'm not saying that I won't take a hit that I feel was well earned, but if it is clear the other person cares nothing for story, then I would personally leave the thread as the possible development is limited there for my character. When this started to become the norm of most PvP I saw on many boards I stopped altogether, there was nothing to be gained for advancing my own story any longer, thus it held no importance.

Take my view as you will, but do realize that unless it adds to the story for BOTH parties, there is no point in engaging in a duel. Give your character a good reason to be there story wise and work with your opposition to tell a good story THROUGH the use of PvP, otherwise just leave it aside. Yea, it requires communication OOC and I realize that can be difficult, but if the opposing party won't work with you then forfeit that duel/dogfight/fleet engagement, let them have their empty victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom