Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plz Buff Rebellions

[SIZE=11pt]Let’s face it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Rebellions are complete garbage in their current state.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I know it; you know it; we all know it. Stop pretending that minor factions have a fair say on the map because the current rebellion rules contradict that argument. Sure, technically they are part of the map game because of the rules, but when you really dive in and think about it they aren’t. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The last rebellion the board has seen was in [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]June of 2018[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. I have only seen the Sith Empire and the CIS be bold in doing three dominions a month and complete all three of them, inviting minor factions to rebel them if they dare. Otherwise, they go free and can claim their SSD. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]That’s nice and all, and I applaud them for that. But what about factions that only complete two or one dominion a month? Yeah, they can’t expand much further without the third one, but I take it as undermining minor factions and preventing them to initiate rebellions on targeted major factions. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]These are the changes I propose, changes that will be fair to minor and major factions[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]A Major Faction can be rebelled only once per month[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]A Minor Faction can initiate a rebellion only once per month[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]A Minor Faction can target any dominion whether it is the first, second, third, or fourth dominion[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]If a Major Faction is to win a rebellion on their first or second dominion, they may claim a SSD; however, they may not claim another SSD on their third dominion[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The rest of the Rebellion rules can stay as they seem fair and balanced. What I have proposed gives fair protection for Major Factions, so they don’t have to stress being swamped with rebellions; however, they can also be punished if they decide to complete two dominions for the month, thus expelling the undermining of rebellions and giving minor factions a chance of initiating one. Of course, Major Factions under the Hermit Kingdom Mandate should be exempted from rebellions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We all say that major factions must be prepared to face all risks and the consequences that comes with those risks when establishing their influence on the map, but these rebellion rules - in terms of trying to initiate one - are laughable and give too much protection for major factions. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Either revamp the current rebellion rules with what I have proposed or something similar to them, or just hack off rebellions once and for all because I really don’t see them being used consistently with the current acting rules. Doesn't seem fair to me that a minor faction has to hope and pray for a faction to complete three dominions and end up empty handed if a faction didn't do a third dominion whether on purpose or from being fatigue in activity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]What are your thoughts and opinions? Feel free to share any suggestions that can help to make rebellions fair and balance. Myself and others would love to see rebellions come back and actually have some effect on the map game.[/SIZE]

I dig it.

There are Mandates (Benevolent Dictator, Hermit Kingdom, and Frontier Exploration) if you don't wanna be Rebelled, plus it'll make Hermit Kingdom relevant since its benefit is the inherent benefit of its detriment, meaning its currently worthless.

Also gives Minors more options for targets to rebel, but keeps big Majors like CIS and TSE who can actually do the 3 per month from being swamped with a bunch of rebellions.

Full Support.

Mishel Kryze

M
[member="Lok Munin"]

What if there are no rebellions and the MFs complete their three dominions anyway? Are they just null and voided their SSD because no one stepped up that month? What's to prevent back to back rebellions and the fatigue from that? Not to mention this does leave room for someone to make their minor faction, wait thirty days and hit their intended target. Rinse and repeat.

Mishel Noren said:
[member="Lok Munin"]

What if there are no rebellions and the MFs complete their three dominions anyway? Are they just null and voided their SSD because no one stepped up that month? What's to prevent back to back rebellions and the fatigue from that? Not to mention this does leave room for someone to make their minor faction, wait thirty days and hit their intended target. Rinse and repeat.

Nah, I don't think this would be the way to get SSD's now, but just an alternate option. If a faction can start and complete three dominions within the same month, they should still have that SSD like they did up until now.

Abusers will be abusers no matter what rules are in place.

[member="Mishel Noren"]

If a Major Faction is to complete all three dominions and face no rebellions, then they can cash in their SSD. That rule should remain as how it is. Wasn't my intention of getting rid of that.

As to prevent rebellions? Well, there's no way to prevent them. Just like invasions a Major Faction can come knocking up your door and invade you whether you like it or nah. Major Factions, in theory, are ready to face any obstacles and opposition in their path. So no, there's no way to prevent back to back rebellions.

I actually enjoy the idea of a rebellion potentially being an all-for-nothing thing with a Minor Faction where they are destroyed if they lose.

Yet, at the same time I don't believe Minor Factions require any consequences for losing bar those that already exist.

Over the summer, when The Sith Empire were hit with a string of rebellions, I remember many members disliking the fact that they had put the work into completing three doms for an SSD and were then forced to do yet another thing to claim their prize. I would argue that this gives the Major Faction some benefit in return when they are rebelled as they may gain an early SSD.

That could provide some incentive for the Major Faction other than keeping what they have already worked for.

As a minor faction that loses fails to do anything to the hex, does not gain an SSD, and cannot go instantly major if they win, I wouldn't say there's a need for any new consequences for a minor faction's loss as is. If staff feels balance is needed then perhaps a time-cap before their next rebellion or before they can do another major faction application.

Progflaw99

Lok Munin said:
Stop pretending that minor factions have a fair say on the map
You're right - they don't. Because they weren't ever supposed to. As designed, minor factions don't have a say on the map because they're minor. That's the draw in having and maintaining a major faction, is to command map space (In it's simplest form. There are many reasons for major factions but that's the primary difference between the two.).

Rebellions don't need buffing, and the rebellion rules aren't inherently bad. What I would say is that if rebellions seem to be lacking in motivation (Or people don't want to do them) change something about the judging criteria for them rather than changing Rebellions as a dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom