Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pleasure & Pain

s8zCZm.png

Tag: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Desbre sat in the captain's chair watching the timer tick down. As it reached zero the little Loronar ship she'd had for years reverted to realspace. The mottled blue sky of hyperspace shattered into starlines. They leaped back, resolving into the cold hard pinpricks of stars. The tiny purple and gold marble of Zeltros rushed headlong toward the ship before coming to a screeching halt. It loomed large ahead. Or so it seemed. Desbre always loved the feeling of unimaginable speed and the momentary rush of that reversion.

latest

Unlike some worlds she visited, space around Zeltros was busy. Multiple stations and skyhooks were in orbit and hundreds of ships, skyhoppers, and pleasure craft floated about. It wasn't as choked as some places, but it was busy night or day.

A moment later ATC queried her ship and the one flying in tandem with hers. She flashed her ident, then Jedi credentials. Before long they received a course and berth down at the capital. Moving through the lines of ships, they loafed past a few defense platforms. There seemed to be a decent defensive perimeter, but nothing too overt or oppressive. Mostly she filed this away in the back of her mind as she did for most other related things.

dYUcntn.jpg

In less than an hour, she was making her approach. Skyscrapers jutted up from the landscape on the night side. Holoboards advertized clubs and all number of 'services' or 'experiences'. The lurid neon glow painted her ship in warm tones inside and out through the thin atmospheric haze. Ahead she spotted the landing lights of the starport and began making the approach. Settling down on the pad, she killed the repulsors and began shutting everything down.

"Well, we're here, now what," she muttered to the empty air. Taking a moment, she connected to the HoloNet and the local datalinks. She began sucking in updates to her software and navigation data while trying to discover what Jedi presence was on the planet. This she shunted to her datalink and stuffed it in her pocket before heading out.

She didn't dress in typical Jedi fashion at the moment. Instead, she chose a pair of dark pants and calf-high nerf hide boots, along with a plain gray top that clung to her frame. Over that went her racing jacket from home. The jacket itself was worn and scuffed, but she refused to replace it, or the patches she'd collected. With it went a small vibro knife, a holdout pistol, and inside, her lightsaber rested on a hanger where she could get to it easy. Even on Zeltros she wouldn't be going unarmed. It might be a pleasure world, but she could still wind up someone's plaything otherwise. Though attacking even a padawan was a grave error. Much less one that trained nearly to death and pushed way too hard.

cyberpunk-city-scifi-digital-art-uhdpaper.com-4K-4.1974-wp.thumbnail.jpg

For the moment, Des found herself wandering aimlessly through the spaceport. She wasn't entirely sure why she'd circled back toward the core, other than following her gut. But so far it hadn't lead her wrong, and she wondered if it was the Will of the Force guiding her. She'd heard of others speak on the matter, but she wasn't sure she bought into it yet. But it did guide her actions at times. Perhaps now was one of those times.

Zeltros, stardust had been its queen for awhile now, things had been quiet since she was more of th figure head. However she presided over a council that assisted with the business of the planet.

However tonight she was alone within her room meditating, the force flowed around her like a cool river, in a city teeming with people she could feel them moving about. She felt the guards on patrol around the palace, the maidens about their normal duties, yet however something pulled at stardust...images of a woman filtered through to her...who was this woman? Why was the force showing her? Opening her eyes she rubbed her chin and then opened herself up in the force to be beacon for whoever the force was showing her

s8zCZm.png

For a time, Des simply wandered, pondering finding a place to stay for the night. Sure, she had her ship. But it would be good to find a hotel or maybe crash at one of the many love hotels around the city. She was just considering this when something caught her attention. Elusive, at first. She took a moment to step out of the flow of foot traffic and to an alcove.

The Force rushed to greet her as she opened up more of her senses. It filled her up with warmth and life almost like the hug of an old friend or a blanket fresh from the dryer. She could feel the people walking nearby, every insect and bug. The place teamed with emotions. Mostly good. Happiness, pleasure, joy, curiosity, despair, and all the struggles of life. It was a welcome sensation but also, for a moment, made Des feel incredibly alone again. But only for a moment.

She expanded her sphere of responsibility, her awareness out, taking a census of all the creatures she sensed before a brighter spot in the Force came to her awareness. Like someone sent up a flare. She questered closer to it in her awareness, like a moth to a flame. Was this what you brought me here for? It was a silent question, directed to the Force. There was no answer, save for a feeling that she was on the right track.

Casting her gaze about, she sized up the structures around her, then gathered her legs and leaped. The leap took her high into the air, where she landed on a low rooftop. She began to run toward that point of brilliance, using the Force to power each step and bare her forward in a blur. It was a trick she had learned with her second teacher, enabling her to leap up the face of a mountain or run at speeds that left most astonished.

Before long she gained sight of the direction she was headed. A massive palace. The travel information for Zeltros listed it as the queen's palace. Interesting.

Soon she landed a couple blocks away, hitting and rolling through the impact before coming up in a steady walk, headed for the front. Standing outside the gates, she pondered how best to make entry. She could likely break in, but that wouldn't bode well. She didn't have official business, and her credentials would only get her so far as a padawan. She didn't know who she was searching for either. And they wouldn't just let her walk about the grounds willy-nilly.

For the moment she stood outside in the evening air. She stayed open to the Force, and simply questered out. The source was somewhere above and inside. That much she could tell. It was definitely someone who lived or worked there. And as high up as it was... Close to the queen. But they didn't feel like a threat, there was no hostility.

She kept her focus, air around her moved about as if the window was open, however it was but the force in great amounts around her, moving about as star focused on keeping herself bright in the force. It was like a flame, it burned bright, star hoped bright enough that whoever the force had shown her would notice

Soon something was growing closer, stardust focused on it, feeling it draw closer to her palace. Standing from her position she brought her sabers towards her and clipped then to her hip. Stepping out of the room she took her time waking down the steps to the main walkway to the gate. Outside he guards were staring warily at des, however their attention went to the queen as she opened the gates and stepped towards des and stopped about 15 feet away

hmmm, I think your the one I've been expecting

s8zCZm.png

The pale-skinned Arkanian stood out like a jewel in the night, turend a soft shade of pink from the various lights glowing against her skin. seeing the massive twi'lek she swallowed, then tilted her head. She spotted the pair of sabers immediately and at the same time simply knew this woman was the source of that beacon she had seen. She gave a brief nod. "It would seem so," she said. Her voice was airy and cool, but not cold, only soft and soothing, yet clear spoken. "This is not where I expected to wind up, but such is the way sometimes. My name is Desbre Gensan." As she spoke she regarded the guards with only minor concern, instead her attention focused on Star like a laser. But she remained wary, guarded. Echoes of past pain rolled off of her though her face gave little away.

well, the force has a odd way of...guiding people...I am stardust Solus Skirae, or queen Skirae but please please call me star or stardust

Her hand waved the guards away from stardust, eyes narrowed at her as stardust felt a wave of emotion...no not emotion pain...rolling off of the woman before her, standing up straight she turned and waved for the woman to follow

come along, weathers a little chilly lately and I think the inside will be a good place to speak

s8zCZm.png

Des nodded once, then simply fell into step with Star, just to her left and just behind. "Yes, it does," she said quietly. "I've wound up in some strange places and circumstances because of it already. Feel like I've spent the last three years getting jerked around." She sighed and shrugged. "Sorry, that's not really ... your fault, or your problem. I know I sound a little bitter." Truth be told, it was a big part of how she felt, but it wasn't really the fault of the Force. Just other people. The Force, for some reason, she still trusted implicitly. Like it was a part of her, and one she loved. For the moment she worried less about titles, instead, she felt at least some measure of kinship toward Stardust. Which ... was new. She'd not felt that toward anyone in forever. It might be premature, she thought. But she felt oddly calm, comfortable even.

pain rolls off you young one, sometimes we cannot guide our own selves. Sometimes the winds of fate will take control or even others for that matter

The gates would close behind them, gently clinking together, along t path stardust slowly walked so des could walk right beside her

I know not why the force has see it fit for us to meet, but something tells me it wants me to help you...in what way i am not certain

They would enter into the palace, the air was rather warm actually inside the main way, walking further in she led her to a room with some tables and chairs likely a small meeting room

take a seat, you can tell me a little of yourself

s8zCZm.png

Des took the area in. She assessed the space, noting distances and locations of things. Exits, and where each guard was, and how they were armed, and how attentive they were. Then she took them in socially after her tactical assessment was over. It took only a second or so and was more of a habit. there was a piercing level of intelligence in those eyes as she did it, but no hostility came from her. Only that guarded wariness. As they shifted into the room, mostly alone she relaxed a little.

Making her way over she sat, then crossed her legs at the ankles. She pursed her plush lips together as she thought while tucking her platinum white hair behind one pointed ear. "So, I've told this story a few times. But I don't really know where to begin in this situation. My parents died when I was little. I should have died too, along with my sister. Was a nasty collision. It crushed them, but I and my sister were only pinned. So we wound up living with our grandparents. Everything was fine, but after a time I just couldn't handle it. I started acting out. Got in with "the wrong crowd". Wound up drinking, partying, into some drugs, and screwing around, all for the wrong reasons. Trying to fill a void. Got in with some swoop riders and racers. And I got hooked on that. It kinda got me clean though."

"My grandmother worried about me so much. My grandfather didn't like the strain it put on her. And he generally didn't approve of my "activities". But I was very good at racing. I figure it's because of my strength in the Force that gave me an edge," she said simply. "Whenever I was home, my grandparents and I argued about ... well, everything it seemed. My sister though was the golden child. Perfect, could do no wrong. By then my grandmother's health was failing, and I eventually agreed to give up racing and went to help her. But after a bad argument one night I just.. needed to vent. So I dug out my bike and went for a race. For me, I always felt better. It cleared my head and I was freeeeee."

Her expression dropped and a fresh wave of pain rolled off of her, but it was old and dull. "Well, they found out. And my grandmother... about had a stroke. She...did have an aneurism," she said. "I felt it in the middle of the race. Almost got killed. Managed to get home safely, but my bike was totaled. But by the time I got back, she was gone. My grandfather blamed me. And he's right to do so."

She took a deep breath then, as she continued on through the story quickly. "We didn't speak for weeks until late one night. There we cleared the air, and I explained what happened, and he told me how she went. And then he told me that our family had some Jedi history and that maybe I had some of that in me. He presented an old lightsaber and some pictures as proof. He suggested that maybe I come to the Jedi and see what I could find out. Looking back, he was trying to get rid of me, maybe instill some discipline but also might have been doing me a favor." She frowned.

"So I showed up. tested, passed. Started training, actually under one of the knights. Things were tight at the time, and I guess I showed a lot of promise. I learned fast and soaked up what he taught like a sponge. And was able to deliver on it almost immediately. Then a short while later, he ditched me. And then after languishing for months, another wanted to take me on. But that fell through after a month, though I did learn a few things form her. How to control pain, and enhance my physical body to an extent. After that, I pushed and pushed and pushed myself. I trained hard at everything I knew how to do, to the point of failure. Over and over. I was determined to understand what was wrong with me, and why nobody wanted me." She looked to Stardust for a moment then sighed. "The third would-be teacher stumbled across me, realized I was going to burn out, and forced me to stop and recover. Taught me a little about healing. but then she too vanished. Since then I grabbed my ship and set out to find out if I still wanted to do this. But also, maybe .. find a way to complete my training. I've been on walkabout for months."

She let out a deep breath. "So that might be why I'm here. There's something for me to learn, or experience, or ... something here."

Stardust listened intently, it sounded like her early childhood...although stardust didnt have a family to turn to after her parents were killed, but she could sympathize with des here about it. Taking a deep breath she frowned hearing about the jedi order...that seemed unlike them but she knew they did have a few bad apples that didnt quite care about their apprentices. Letting a breath out at the end she nodded and spoke finally

hmm, you've good potential, if I'm correct judging by how fast I felt you move towards here you've got the skill

Standing ahe offered a smile to des, a friendly and sweet one

then if the force seems to deem it so, I'll train you, but do beware I am no jedi, I am not even part of the order. I will train you as a grey user does...should make for a interesting experience

s8zCZm.png

Des tilted her head. That was a new term. "Grey," she asked, blinking her large eyes once or twice. "Most of my training has been more technical than philosophical. Which I've been fine with. I suppose it applies when the situation is more militaristic. I've had some review of the Jedi Code. I've heard a little about the Sith code. I think a lot of them get it wrong. Or maybe I just have a 'weak and naive' view of it. But I don't think either applies to what you're talking about. There seems to be this idea that there are only two sides to the coin. But everyone forgets about the rim of that coin." She lapsed into silence for a moment. "I think it might be more of the rays of a prism. An array of degrees. And I wonder if ..."

Stardust let her speak, silent as she smiled, this girl had the idea down. Two sides of the coin was always seen but the rim was always ignored despite being in the middle of the two. Walking over she placed a gentle hand on her arm and then nodded

if your not part of the black or white? Your not defined by the two big choices but the one many choose not to go down?

s8zCZm.png

Desbre nodded, then found herself wearing a small smile. "I've never been one for the conventional as far as life choices go. I've been making my own way since I was little. Living by my own standards, making my own way. Some would say I'm being rebellious. Hard-headed. Others might call it foolish. But how do you wind up somewhere new, or better, if you keep traveling the same roads everyone else does?" Her smile grew then as she gave a small shrug. This was the most relaxed she'd been talking to anyone except her first teacher. And she'd poked at him endlessly. And then there was Anse. She liked the skinwalker. At first, she had little trust for him, but in relatively short order she realized he was more than trustworthy. Stardust was different than either. She didn't feel a need to reach for anything. Or pull back. With her, it felt more like talking to an old friend, which was unusual.

life's done to me as it has you, thrown me a few punches...I lost my parents when I was a teen on nar shadda...I should be dead myself honestly. But however instead of staying on nar shadda, becoming god knows what I got into ah...well transporting for gangs and stuff like that got good at flying and such...so I took that path and left the planet hahah oh I could go into so much more from there

Laughing a bit she moved back to her chair and sat back relaxing as she smiled towards des and nodded her head

do you think your road leads to my teaching?

s8zCZm.png

Des shook her head and shrugged. “I have no real way of knowing right now. I may have to meditate on it. But I’m clearly hear for a purpose. But I do think that I can learn some things from you. It seems that I might not have a permanent teacher but maybe will have a lot o teachers. Which isn’t bad. It would mean I would be well-rounded, but also maybe have some surprises up my sleeve,” she said, finishing with a brief smile.

Maybe we should take it on a day-by-day, case-by-case basis for now,” she suggested.

Stardust nodded. She was smart in being unsure, the force hadnt told either it seemed as to why they met. Smiling back star nodded her head gently and sat forward

in the meantime, I offer one of the guest rooms for you to use in your stay, I figure we will learn more in the coming days after a meditation session

s8zCZm.png

The pale one nodded after a moment. "O-Okay," she stammered. Surprise and uncertainty rolled off of her before she quickly regained mastery of herself. She supposed it made sense, but initially, she just planned to crash wherever. But it was convenient. And then the thought rolled through her mind - She was a guest of the Queen of Zeltros. That was something her sister would be hard-pressed to top. She pondered calling her and gloating. But that wasn't the Jedi way. Or her way.

"Um, if I might ask... How good are the historical records and data libraries here, or that you can access? I've been training non-stop for years, but haven't' had much downtime. My grandfather seemed to think I was a Legacy. I've not had a chance to look into that. I'd like to do that while I'm here since I completed my main projects." By projects, she meant repairing and practically overhauling her swoop bikes.

I've full histrolical records, both of this planet and of the galaxy, well what people allow others to have that is hahaha

Motioning to her she nodded her head and smiled

you'll have full access to them, or well what I can allow, gotta keep some things under lock hahah

s8zCZm.png

Des shook her head. "I don't really care that much about Zeltron history, or ... much of any other. For now, I'm more interested in family history. But that's good to know, and I appreciate it," she replied quietly. "Are there gym facilities I can access here as a guest? It might seem stupid on the surface, but I'm not from here. And for all you know, I could be a spy or anything else. But I want to keep up with training, even if it's not with you. At the same time, I don't really want to alarm your security service with my comings and goings. It's best to know where the boundaries are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom