Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phoenix

After paying a visit to Tatoonine, Ra had struck up a conversation with a lost and broken man. She had made a few observations about him and offered him the opportunity to make a future for at least his daughter. Now he still did not know she was sith or alignment within the Force only that she could use it.

Milo was dark and unfocused. A storm of chaos locked up inside of him. Nothing was wrong with that as long as it didn't break on her. She offered both of them a place to live and grow. Perhaps even guide both of them to find their places in the galaxy. So she invited them to join her within her Merchant Fleet.

However, she didn't feel either of them would fit in the long run within the fleet. This was going to be a stepping stone for them. No matter how long they stayed, a place would be found for each of them. Perhaps as the girl grew up, her future would be here among the stars. Ra didn't think so though.

In wanting to extend some trust to him, Ra allowed him to keep his ship. This way if he choose to leave, he wouldn't be held back by that lack. Now she was on the bridge of her flagship of the Merchant Fleet. Milo and his daughter had been on board a few days and she had given them a chance to settle in. Today though, she requested him or both of them to join her.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

A Howling Voice in the Desert
Milo strode into the bridge of Ra'a'mah's flagship. He already felt ten times better than he did on that giant sand dune of a planet. It was better to leave old things behind. He couldn't even recognize himself in the mirror anymore. What was once a pale, rotting shell of a man reverted back to how he looked years ago. There was still some noticeable tiredness around his bright green eyes, but some things would never go away.

​"Ra'a'mah? You requested me."

​Ra had been a gracious host so far, sparing the two no amenities. Still, Milo felt uneasy, and it was starting to rub off on Freya as well, whom had decided to stay in their quarters. As well as they were being treated, the former Ren did not feel like this life would suit him.

@Ra'a'mah

Looking up from her datapad when Milo entered, Ra had a momentary break in her business façade, not on the guard she had on her Force ability though. The change in him from when they had met on Tatooine was almost day and night. A slightly tired look remained around his eyes and she knew that would not go away. One of her servants was a former slave and had never lost the haunted look he had when she freed him.

"How is the settling in going?"

It was a general question for now, but would indicate Ra actually had an interest in him and his daughter. The façade was back in place and she set that datapad down. She wasn't trying to keep anything secret of her work from him and it was purely a regular merchant type job she had.

"If there's anything you want or need, just let me know."

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"We're doing ok. I don't think we need anything, but thank you anyways."

Milo slightly wandered around the bridge, taking notice of all the various stations and the view of space. Ra's job as a merchant was never called into question by the former Ren, but he was curious about the Force potential of the woman.

"If it suits you, I'd actually like to get to know each other better."

"Good. I'm glad to hear that."

It wasn't said to sound false and Ra actually meant what she said. He would notice most of the crew were droids with only a few organics. Milo wandered around looking at the various stations and what they were along with a view out in space. When he was done, he expressed an interest in them getting to know each other. Knowing the fleet's course was set and there shouldn't be any issues along the route, Ra nodded and would motion to him to follow her.

"Of course, I wouldn't have extended the invitation to join if I didn't intend on getting to know you."

Leading him off the bridge, but not far from it, she opened one of the doors. It lead to a typical looking office for a ship. Not full of junk or clutter, there were some collected items from the various locations she had visited. Nothing Force related or anything that would imply one calling or another. Here Ra was a businesswoman.

"Would you care for some caf or something to eat?"

Typical pleasantries were extended and if he said yes, she would request the items brought to her office.

The office did offer more than a desk and chair though. There was a couch and Ra took a seat on that with a welcome for him to sit on the other side. He could still choose to sit in the guest chair, but she felt it better to extend the invitation to couch. It would feel less like and interview and more like a normal conversation.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"No, thank you. Well, perhaps a glass of water."

Looking between the guest chair and the sofa, Milo chose the sofa. It would be rude to decline Ra's hospitality. He looked around the office, noting the different souvenirs from around the galaxy. It was a typical business office.

"So, Ms. Ra'a'mah. Or should I call you Mrs. Ra'a'mah? Tell me about yourself."

@Ra'a'mah

Touching a communication device, Ra requested some water be brought for them. Knowing she found him on Tatooine, water was likely very precious to him and not something to waste.

He decided on the couch and sat down with her. She sat turned so she was leaning against the corner of the couch and could face him as they talked. Her legs were on the floor and both legs in front of her. Body language indicated she was open to conversation and wasn't unfriendly. His first question concerned what he call her and when Milo mentioned her being married, she shook her head.

"Just call me Ra. No need to be so formal. If you do feel you need to though, I'm not married so Ms. is just fine. However, everybody else just calls me Ra. Telling about myself is something very broad. Is there anything specific you want to know?"

In time, Ra expected he would know pretty much everything about her. On the same note, she expected to learn about him.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"Very well, Ra? Where are you from? Tell me about your background."

Milo noticed that she held an air of relaxation. It felt good to be in an open environment. Temporarily, the former Den thought of how he would talk with Zesiro, back in the early days of their relationship. A pang of sadness ran across his face, then disappeared.

"Likewise, if you have questions for me, please ask."

Their water was delivered by one of the many droids on board the ship. A pitcher for the two of them and glasses. The items were set on the desk and the droid left, closing the door behind her. Ra stood up and poured them both glasses and carried them back to the couch. Handing Milo his, she resumed her seat once he took it.

He asked where she was from and that wasn't something she actually knew. If he was reading through the Force he would hopefully know she was telling the truth when she answered.

"The planet I grew up on didn't have a name that I was ever told. But my parents were farmers in a small community there. A civil war was going on around our town and it got destroyed. One of the men leading the assault learned my parents had been killed and took me in. He didn't know how to be a father though and instead raised me more to be a weapon and take over leading after him. As time passed, he grew in power on this no name planet until another civil war happened and he was killed. I was then forced to flee and went to Coruscant. From the age of seventeen to twenty-two I lived there and then I got hired on to be supplier for a now dead faction called the Dominion. After they died, I spent a little time wondering around again and being a merchant until HK-36 approached me and hired me on as lead of the Merchant Fleet."

Taking a drink of the water after saying so much all at once. She had left out the fact this man had been a sith lord and raised her as his apprentice. Everything she said was true though. So if he trying to ascertain truth from lie, there was no lie. Only lie by omission.

"Are you from Tatooine or just hiding there?"

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

Milo took it all in and nodded sympathetically. He had a soft spot for refugees and orphans of war. After taking a sip from his glass, the former Ren answered Ra's question.

"I'm sorry to hear about your past. War is truly a terrible thing. But, to answer your question, no, I'm not from Tatooine. I'm from a planet not far from Naboo. My father was a Republic Senator and my mother was a fashion model. The latter is where I get my good looks from. But in all seriousness, I ran away from home. My parents never really treated me as a son. They groomed me more to be a prodigy, to enter politics. My upbringing was decent, I suppose. I never wanted for anything. But there was no love behind it. So I left, travelling the galaxy until I ended up in Tatooine. Before I knew it, I was clubbed over the head and sold in a slave auction to a particularly vile Hutt, who kept me as her plaything. A...fellow slave...and I escaped."

A burning sensation rose in Milo's throat, and he fought hard to force his tears from dripping down.

"He taught me the ways of the Force. He was more of a father to me than my real one ever was."

Taking a deep breath, the former Ren continued.

"I joined the First Order, and was made a Knight of Ren and the Order's chief archeologist. Then I fell in love, fell out of love, got kicked out, and ran away for quite some time. The Dark Side called to me, and I fell. But total consumption by darkness is not the life I wanted to live. It had cost me too much already. So I went into hiding in the place I swore I'd never return to again, both to conceal myself from enemies and to find myself again."

He had left out certain details, like where Freya had come from and his former apprentice and lover, Zesiro, but it was the truth, much like Ra's.

@Ra'a'mah

In a way both of their childhood's had been the same. No real affection from the people that raised them. His parents wanted him for something and so did the man that raised her. He mentioned his good looks having come from his mother and she chuckled slightly. Having a mind more focused on work, Ra gave very little thought to the physical looks of the people around her.

When he mentioned he had been a slave, there was a clear look of distaste on her face.

"I don't approve of slavery at all. If there was a way for me to rid the galaxy of it, I would. I'm also glad you made an escape and put an eventual end to that owner."

Based off what he said, he sought knowledge. It was an aspect Ra could use with him, not to tempt or corrupt him as he said he had already been sith. That it had destroyed his life and she nodded in understanding. In its own way, it had done the same to her. The code was what she followed, but she was not evil. Nor was she power hungry and had vowed to herself not to turn into her master.

"Did you find yourself there?"

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"I didn't exactly find myself, no. But I did find what I wanted. A life without darkness. Not hiding from those who hunted me anymore. A future for Freya. Balance."

Milo lowered his head slightly, pondering for a moment. When he raised it back up, the former Ren had a grim, determined look about him.

"I'll achieve this, no matter what."

Looking back to Ra, he asked her a question, although it came out as more of a statement.

"What do you plan on achieving?"

Nodding as Milo spoke. It was where she had found him and offered him this. Here he didn't have to worry about people hunting him down and a potential future for both him and Freya. She could offer a form of balance, maybe in his own way, they would be similar. She might be sith in her code, but it didn't control her when it came to business or her interactions with others if it wasn't their path.

When he looked back up at her, the sense of determination that filled him brought a half smile to her face.

"I will do what I can to help you achieve that goal, Milo. You ask what I want to achieve and that's a rather fickle answer. It changes as I change. If you would have asked me that a few years ago...I was planning a coup within the Dominion. Luckily that didn't happen and now the Dominion is gone. If it had, I might not be here speaking with you."

Falling silent for a few moments to really think on what she wanted to accomplish right now. Looking back at him, her eyes grew back into focus and not lost in those thoughts. There was no cunning involved in the look.

"I crave knowledge. So while I travel the galaxy with this fleet, I seek answers, powers and knowledge. It is not my goal to learn everything, no one person can do that, but I want to know as much as possible."

With knowledge came power, but she left that unspoken. It was not something she craved to possess for the sake of having it.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"Knowledge, eh? An admirable pursuit. It is something I strove for many years ago."

Milo could sense the Force in Ra. Was she merely referring to knowledge in general, or pertaining towards the energy that bound all life together? He thought the latter.

"I could teach you, you know. In my travels, I've learned much about the Force. It's within you. You know this already. It's what brought you to me in Tatooine. But I can show you much more, if you'd like."

Reaching a scarred hand out, Milo gently placed it on Ra's shoulder, the physical contact bridging a connection between the two.

There was darkness. Flashes of pain, the smell of ozone. The steady humming of a lightsaber. War. Blood.

All these senses flooded the former Ren's mind as he winced in pain. His green eyes grew wide, and then hard as he quickly stood up, activating his white lightsaber in one smooth, practiced motion. He was in the presence of a Sith.

"You hide your ability and emotions well, Sith!"

"Life is a learning process, in all aspects. Mundane and spiritual, both."

Milo offered to teach her what he knew of the Force and Ra knew it would now be the best time to reveal what she was. However, his touch, she did not expect and once that happened, he learned and figured out she wasn't the simple neutral apprentice she projected.

What he saw and sensed, she did too. Bringing back the memories of her childhood. The civil war that ended up costing the life of her master. A man that had turned her partially into what she was today. One aspect he had not taught her was honor, that was something she learned on her own.

The reaction of Milo was swift and almost violent. He towered over her as she remained seated on the couch looking up at him. If he looked close enough though, a small lightsaber hilt rested in the palm of each of her hands. Their blades not turned on, but waiting to be activated if he attempted to attack her.

As she gazed up at him, it held no anger. Maybe a touch of resignation, but no hostility. A simple nod she gave him before speaking. That calm tone ever present, if he allowed her to speak instead of attacking right away.

"Thank you, Milo. It is something that is second nature to me. These people and those I work for don't even know I can use the Force, let alone where my alignment rests. I might be sith, but even I know I am a very unconventional one. Putting business before being sith, my code I hold close to myself and care not for what path another person follows.
What you witnessed was from my late teens and the civil war of my home. My master was killed and my mind wiped somehow. For years, I didn't know anything of my past and thought I grew up on Coruscant in an orphanage. About four years ago, I learned what I was, what happened to me when I was young. I've able to incorporate what my master taught me and still focus on being a businesswoman. That is what I am more than being a sith, Milo."

Her voice remained calm and resigned the entire time until near the end. As she finished, Ra spoke with a strong sense of conviction. There was just as much truth in what she said this time that had been there the whole time. She was not trying to deceive Milo at all.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

Milo held a grim, determined expression, his lightsaber still ignited, ready to strike at any moment.

"It wasn't a compliment," he hissed. "You could've told me this earlier, instead of having to find out for myself."

Ra wasn't a conventional Sith, that was for sure. She was cold, calm, and calculative, not letting emotion get the best of her. Maybe there was more to her than met the eye.

With an exasperated sigh, Milo deactivated his lightsaber, returning it to his belt. He remained standing, eyeing over the Sith cautiously, as if she were about to strike him.

"Why didn't you tell me, Ra?"

His saber remained ignited for a few moments before he hissed he hadn't been complimenting her. In staying she could have told him before, Ra shook her head slightly. Apparently her words and lack of violent reaction had the desired effect and he turned his lightsaber off, replacing it on his belt. He remained standing though. The understandable sense of caution showing on his face, he asked why she had not told him earlier.

"The answer to that is rather simple and also complicated in its own way."

Her hilts were back in the sheaths that held them hidden up her sleeves. Making a slow, but large motion indicating the ship and fleet around them, she looked up at Milo. Again there was not a hint of deception in her.

"These people do not know I can use the Force and are very anti-sith. So I cover what I am and keep it secret. Here, I am a businesswoman and not sith."

Tapping a finger tip on the arm of the couch, there was a feeling of stubbornness in her tone. Not harsh or mean, but set and resolute. ​With a lift of her eyebrows and tilt of her head, she offered for him to retake his seat if he wanted.

"When you offered to teach me a few moments ago I was going to tell you. The touch did it for me though. This secret can't go past the two of us."

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"And what would I have to gain by telling your coworkers that you are Sith? Nothing."

Milo shook his head at Ra's gesture for him to sit down.

"No. Don't pretend like nothing happened."

Still standing, he continued to stare down the woman seated before him. While he was not going to harm her, he was far from feeling friendly towards Ra.

"I want off at the earliest possible moment. Drop me and my daughter off at the closest planet. We'll find our way from there."

But was this really the best option? While she was Sith, the power she held over masking her own ability and allegiance was impressive. Perhaps he could learn from her?

"You might not have anything to gain for yourself, however I have everything to loose. Thank you though."

He then mentioned for her​ to not act like nothing had happened and she shook her head slightly. For her it as if nothing had happened. The revelation would have occurred any way. It just wasn't done in the way she had wanted to do it.

Requesting to be dropped off at the nearest planet, Ra went and picked up a datapad from her desk. Even now not using the Force and instead actually moving there physically and doing it. She just did not employ the Force very often. Rather doing things in a mundane manner. Turning it on, she pulled up a map of their course to see where in theory they were and what would be the nearest planet.

However, she sensed some hesitation within him. A touch of doubt on his words. Holding the datapas out to Milo, on it was marked about where they were and what planets were nearby as well as the fleet's destination.

"Most of the planets between here and the end of this journey are small and would not really be viable locations to drop you and your daughter off on."

Crossing her arms over her chest a moment after speaking, giving him time to look at the pad, Ra returned to the couch and sat down. Her body language and tone were not upset or hostile in any manner. Once seated, she was again showing an opening in her body to speak and not closed off like it might have been taken with her arms crossed.​

"Tell me something as you consider your options you hold in your hands there. Moments ago, you asked what I wanted to accomplish. I ask now the same of you. What do you want to accomplish?"

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

Milo' s brow furrowed as he went over his options. True to her word, the planets they would be passing weren't the best spots to get dropped off. It appeared he was stuck with the Sith for the meantime. Aggravated, the former Ren threw the datapad across the office.

Ra then asked Milo a very simple question. What did he want to accomplish? As simple of a question it was, the answer had powerful meaning. With a shake of his head, Milo sighed, the lines around his eyes looking more pronounced than they had before.

"Peace. A normal life, where I can take care of Freya without having to worry about a knife to the back in the middle of night. But no matter where I go, I always get wrapped up in chit again. And now I'm travelling with a Sith. A karking Sith. The Force has a strange sense of humor."

Milo cracked the slightest of smirks while casting a sideways glance at Ra.

"Also, I want a mansion, with a great view, a loving wife, three kids, and a pet gizka."

Casting sarcastic quips had always been one of Milo's preferred coping mechanisms. That, and breaking stuff.

"Look, you've treated us well. I'm sorry for my outburst. You don't deserve that, as a person."

The former Ren hesitantly took his seat next to Ra back, still keeping a slightly wary eye on her out of instinct.

"Are we ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom