Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Phase I Sword of Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
r2O8AQ.png
rffkXf.gif

• Intent: To create a uniform melee weapon for the Agents of Chaos
  • Image Source: [X] for the Sword, [X] for the shield (shield image in Description)
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Primary Source: n/a
rffWKA.gif

rf0rK2.gif

• Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
rf0oF1.gif

• Blade is made of Quadranium covered in Alusteel and has a Mullinine Edge.
  • The stone in the center is a Sonic Emitter with a 360 degree burst.
  • The pommel of the hilt is filled with a layer of Acid Covered Glitter and can be set to detonate from a distance. The explosion of the pommel will wreck the pommel entirely, leaving the blade useless until another pommel is constructed/attached to it, and the area around the explosion will be covered in Acid Covered Glitter. As always, it is up to the writer to decree how much of the glitter falls upon their character's hand or body, as well as how much damage they take.
  • A button on the hilt of the sword will generate a molecular shield in front or to the side of the wielder. The shield absorbs the damage that hits it.
rf0v0J.gif

• Sturdy - Both blade and pommel are capable of withstanding many different forms of damage, including lightsabers, blaster shots, and big burly people trying to smash into it.
  • Sharpy - The blade has a Mullinine Edge which ensures it stays nice and sharp enough to shave with. You do not want to get stabbed by it!
  • Don't Touch - To guard against enemies and thieves who may attempt to take the sword for themselves, the pommel may explode and spread Acid Covered Glitter, causing AOE damage.
rf03GQ.gif

• Heavy - Considering all the shiny that was placed upon this blade, it is heavy to wield, and may increase the odds of fatigue during prolonged usage.
  • To use the sonic emitter, the shield must be not in use, or it will destroy it.
  • If the shield is overloaded, the pommel may explode. The explosion of the pommel will wreck the pommel entirely, leaving the blade useless until another pommel is constructed/attached to it, and the area around the explosion will be covered in Acid Covered Glitter.
  • After suffering the pommel explosion the blade may be used again. Many blades will survive one explosion, a few will survive two such explosions, but no blades have remained useful beyond that. If your blade survived two explosions, you're best off using it as a paper weight or recycling the metal into other things.
rffRSN.gif

r2O7o2.png

Every group of good insurgents need some shiny weapons they can use for their goals, and the Phase I – Sword of Eve, is the first of many more to come. Named for the capital city on Scintilla (giant space construct that is the home of Agents of Chaos, submission to be added in the future), the Sword of Eve is the go-to weapon for many of the Agents.

For the purpose of this specific weapon, [member="Scherezade deWinter"] was called in along with her company Whimsy in order to create something that would not only be powerful, but also hold true to the name of the group, and inflict chaos where it went.

The Sword of Eve is made of made of Quadranium covered in Alusteel with a Mullinine Edge, which on one hand makes it slightly heavy, yet on the other hand ensures endurance. Strong people are required to wield it, for with the weight of the blade, battle fatigue may occur sooner than expected for those who are not accustomed to such.

With
Whimsy's involvement, Acid Covered Glitter was added to the pommel to keep the sword safe from would-be thieves and enemies, and the stone in the center served as an aesthetic cover for the sonic emitter, its colors bright and shiny. The default color was naturally, pink, but Agents are given the freedom to request different colors.

The Sword of Eve was made to serve the Agents of Chaos well as the Galaxy learned to fear their existence, and it does its job with splendor.

suGdfb.gif

January 12th, 2020

• Template updated to Factory 5.1
  • Links updated with new thread ID's

Last edited:
[member="Scherezade deWinter"],

Hey there, Enjoy the art you made for the sword. Very... pink.

Something that I think will benefit your sword? I feel like using diamonds are not that great. While they are used in conventional tools and what not, that way you have a shaper edge, diamonds are just sharp rocks, and can break due to kinetic impacts. Instead, I recommend using Mullinine, specifically in the form of a Mullinine Edge. Providing the same effect you seem to be going for, as well as not being weak to kinetic based attacks. Secondly, it can be used on the entirety of the edge of the weapon, making it sharp, and have the ability to hold that sharpness for an extremely long time.

Scherezade deWinter said:
Don't Touch - To guard against enemies and thieves who may attempt to take the sword for themselves, the pommel may explode and spread Acid Covered Glitter, causing AOE damage.
So a quick question, does this explosion of glitter, cause the sword to be damaged or broken?

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Thank you so much for the Mullinine recommendation! That definitely works amazingly well with this sword :D

The sword question is a good one. The explosion would obviously destroy the pommel, but I hadn't given thought to the blade. Quadranium isn't listed as something that is either resistant or vulnerable to any form of acid that I know of. We could go with weakening the blade though, making it more prone to shatter on impact if recycled. Would that make sense?

Not a problem at all! It just fits with the idea that you were looking for and not everyone can be a walking encyclopedia. :D

Alright. So due to the explosion of the glitter bomb, it can damage the handle, and it was specifically made so that the weapons' handles could be replaced with a new one when not in combat (Essentially after the thread that this said explosion took place. Not any time during said same thread). That is a cool idea. So here is what I recommend to do.
  • List it in the strengths the effectiveness of such explosion due to it being the size of a sword handle, while also having a weakness that should said explosion happen, the sword effectively just becomes a glorified paperweight OR at the very least, should the sword have a tang(Tang is the formation of the sword that is inside the handle and what allows the blade to attach to said handle for comfort, grip, or other reasons), That the weapon is more difficult to use. Especially since there is now just a butt ton of acidic glitter that just exploded everywhere.
  • As for the sword itself, I am fine with it being able to resist maybe a couple of these explosions. Reason being "Quadranium was an incredibly strong and durable element that was used primarily for the construction of starship fuel tanks." However, after many uses, it would start to lose its effectiveness.
Reason being for the addition of the acid, is that while the metal you used was once used for fuel tanks! Not a lot of people know that quite a lot of thinking and process go into making fuel tanks durable in conventional cars, because they see the constant elements, and are coating in paints and liquors and the like to prevent rust or breaking down of the metal. The same thought process applies here. You do not want your fuel source to just blow up on you randomly. However, pushing the limits of its capabilities, In this case literally blowing it up over and over, would easily wear it down.

Secondly, it just seems like that the literal bomb attached to your hand, was added as a fail-safe, or a last ditch effort of the sword. Not an application of it. I wouldn't mind seeing more pink glittery explosions on the battlefield, but that isn't matching with the purpose of the sword. So if you want to put hard numbers on how many times a sword like this can perform said explosions of glitter fun, or you can be vague with it and allow the writer who is using said sword to determine that. Up to you!

If you have any questions, or concerns, let me know.

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Alright. So due to the explosion of the glitter bomb, it can damage the handle, and it was specifically made so that the weapons' handles could be replaced with a new one when not in combat (Essentially after the thread that this said explosion took place. Not any time during said same thread). That is a cool idea. So here is what I recommend to do.
  • List it in the strengths the effectiveness of such explosion due to it being the size of a sword handle, while also having a weakness that should said explosion happen, the sword effectively just becomes a glorified paperweight OR at the very least, should the sword have a tang(Tang is the formation of the sword that is inside the handle and what allows the blade to attach to said handle for comfort, grip, or other reasons), That the weapon is more difficult to use. Especially since there is now just a butt ton of acidic glitter that just exploded everywhere.
  • As for the sword itself, I am fine with it being able to resist maybe a couple of these explosions. Reason being "Quadranium was an incredibly strong and durable element that was used primarily for the construction of starship fuel tanks." However, after many uses, it would start to lose its effectiveness.
Would I be able to use absolute phrasing for the pommel? For instance - "The explosion will shatter the pommel entirely." I don't mind the blade taking a few explosions before it stops being useful, but if possible, I'd love to smash that pommel entirely in one go.

Reason being for the addition of the acid, is that while the metal you used was once used for fuel tanks! Not a lot of people know that quite a lot of thinking and process go into making fuel tanks durable in conventional cars, because they see the constant elements, and are coating in paints and liquors and the like to prevent rust or breaking down of the metal. The same thought process applies here. You do not want your fuel source to just blow up on you randomly. However, pushing the limits of its capabilities, In this case literally blowing it up over and over, would easily wear it down.
This is super interesting. I didn't know... Any of this :D We will definitely be pushing the limits of what this sword can do. Hurrah!

Secondly, it just seems like that the literal bomb attached to your hand, was added as a fail-safe, or a last ditch effort of the sword. Not an application of it.
Exactly!

So if you want to put hard numbers on how many times a sword like this can perform said explosions of glitter fun, or you can be vague with it and allow the writer who is using said sword to determine that. Up to you!
I'm thinking 2-3 times should be more than enough, especially since this is a default standard type of a sword that's meant to be used as a generic option for those who haven't received division-specific equipment yet.

Would I be able to use absolute phrasing for the pommel? For instance - "The explosion will shatter the pommel entirely." I don't mind the blade taking a few explosions before it stops being useful, but if possible, I'd love to smash that pommel entirely in one go.
Because it is a definite mechanic of the sword, yes you are allowed to use that kind of language with the weapon. However, the amount of damage that a person may receive, is ALWAYS up to the writer. While the handle will explode when met with those criteria, language for if and when someone can or should take a hit, is up to the writer.

This is super interesting. I didn't know... Any of this We will definitely be pushing the limits of what this sword can do. Hurrah!
Yes. Typically vehicles that are in harsher conditions, or will be forced into circumstances where the potential for damage is unavoidable, companies will use stronger materials, in order to make sure that 1, it doesn't become damaged and leak fuel. 2, it doesn't randomly explode. I know that Movies and what not have you believe that a single bullet can cause a gas tank or a fuel tank to explode, which in conventional cars? Is nearly impossible due to technology. Now if you are talking about highly flammable fuels like compressed fuels? Yes. Those would explode, and thus, would require even more attention to prevent explosions. Either way, getting a little off topic for a sword.

I'm thinking 2-3 times should be more than enough, especially since this is a default standard type of a sword that's meant to be used as a generic option for those who haven't received division-specific equipment yet.
Very well. Go ahead and make sure you have all your edits done, and I can go ahead and approve this.

Thank you for working with me on the submission.

[member="Vigil Rostu"] Thank you so much for your patience and attention to detail ♥

I've added the following:

Special Features:
  • The pommel of the hilt is filled with a layer of Acid Covered Glitter and can be set to detonate from a distance. The explosion of the pommel will wreck the pommel entirely, leaving the blade useless until another pommel is constructed/attached to it, and the area around the explosion will be covered in Acid Covered Glitter. As always, it is up to the writer to decree how much of the glitter falls upon their character's hand or body, as well as how much damage they take.
Weaknesses:
  • If the shield is overloaded, the pommel may explode. The explosion of the pommel will wreck the pommel entirely, leaving the blade useless until another pommel is constructed/attached to it, and the area around the explosion will be covered in Acid Covered Glitter.
  • After suffering the pommel explosion the blade may be used again. Many blades will survive one explosion, a few will survive two such explosions, but no blades have remained useful beyond that. If your blade survived two explosions, you're best off using it as a paper weight or recycling the metal into other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom