Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Acid Covered Glitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCClhD.png

Bh0KLm.gif

• Intent: To create a base that will later be used as a core ingredient to make ammunition for various Whimsy weapons.
  • Image Source: All headers made by Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Primary Source:
Bh2k6n.gif

• Manufacturer: Whimsy
  • Affiliation:
    • Company: Whimsy
    • Closed-Market
  • Model: GA002
  • Modularity:
    • The color of the glitter itself is available in the following colors:
      • Pink - default color
      • Blue
      • Silver
      • Green
      • White
      • Yellow
      • Red
      • Purple
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    • Acid resistant adhesive
    • Non-eco friendly glitter
    • Borless acid
    • Packaging is done in acid-proof Durasteel cases

Bh27YY.gif

• It's glitter. Glitter is pretty. And potentially deadly. Be careful with it.
  • This submission is for the glitter alone and not its various uses in future or upcoming weapons.
Bh2YqG.gif

• You can never fully get rid of glitter. Everyone knows this. It's an indisputable fact. Glitter will live longer than cockroaches.
  • Glitter that is not removed will cause damage over time.
  • If the glitter touches non-armored fabric or skin, the damage is near instant.
  • Acid Covered Glitter is especially efficient against Beskar.
Bh2NTc.gif

• Glitter goes everywhere. A gust of wind is enough to set anyone in the vicinity in danger, whether they are foes or friends.
  • Durasteel and armorplast are completely resistant to the glitter. As such, components made of these materials in various buildings, armor, and weapons, cannot be harmed by it. But they will still sparkle prettily!
  • For things that are not beskar, durasteel, or armorplast, it is still likely to eat through flesh, bones, and armor. Flesh, skin, and fabrics would receive near-instant damage, but other types of armor, exposed bones, and things that don't directly fall into the 'near-instant damage' category will take damage at a reduced rate if the glitter is not properly removed.
  • Due to oxidation, glitter that has been exposed to air for longer than 48 hours is completely harmless (damage is reduced over time - the first few hours are the strongest, then it weakens until turning into simple acid-less glitter). However, damage caused before it oxidized, especially during its first few hours after release, is not undone by this.
Bh2igM.gif

After more than a year during which Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter spent using her special Scherezade Glitter Bullets, she realized it was time for an upgrade. Her personal weapon was small, nice, and very efficient (having even killed a PC with them), but it was time to raise the scales.

Using personal connections to gain real estate access on Krant, Scherezade opened her first Glitter Factory with the sole purpose of making gigantic amounts of this acid covered glitter. The glitter, as per its original design, is very efficient against beskar as well as various other metals and materials, though it is entirely useless against durasteel and armorplast. After Scherezade left the Southern Systems and moved to the Unknown Regions, that factory was moved to Eve.

While potentially deadly, the glitter does come with some downsides; despite the borless acid that covers it, it's still glitter, and therefore, extremely light. A breeze can make the glitter fly in an unwanted direction, for example, your face.

After several months of R&D, the ways to create substantial amounts of the glitter that would fit various weapons was at last uncovered, and production officially began.

su6SQF.gif

January 12th, 2020

• Template updated to Factory 5.1
  • Links updated with new thread ID's
  • Included Scherezade's move from the Southern Systems to the Unknown Regions in the description (second paragraph).
  • Increased font size from 12 (default) to 15.
January 23rd, 2020
  • Updated and re-worded some of the weaknesses as per FJ feedback.

Last edited:
Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter
First, let me begin by saying that the entire concept of glitter weapons is strangely wonderful. Neat idea, fun tech.

In your "Strengths" section, you write:

• You can never fully get rid of glitter. Everyone knows this. It's an indisputable fact. Glitter will live longer than cockroaches.
  • Glitter that is not removed will cause damage over time.
  • If the glitter touches non-armored fabric or skin, the damage is near instant.
  • Acid Covered Glitter is especially efficient against Beskar.
And then in "Weaknesses", you write:
  • Glitter goes everywhere. A gust of wind is enough to set anyone in the vicinity in danger, whether they are foes or friends.
  • Durasteel and armorplast are resistant to the glitter. As such, components made of these materials in various buildings, armor, and weapons, cannot be harmed by it. But they will still sparkle prettily!
  • For things that are not beskar, durasteel, or armorplast, it is still likely to eat through flesh, bones, and armor, but at a much reduced rate; it's unlikely to cause instant damage unless it touches skin, but it can cause lasting and lingering damage on armor/weapons/surfaces if it's not removed.
  • Due to oxidation, glitter that has been exposed to air for longer than 48 hours is completely harmless.
And this is where your write up gets a little bit off-mark and contradictory.

Yes glitter is insanely difficult to get rid of, it is indeed an indisputable fact. How does this actually affect RP, particularly combat? If you could please add even a line or two about why this is a problem with this glitter, that would be terrific. Combining your second strength into it would do the trick actually.

Next, you say that if it touches non-armored fabric or skin, damage is near instant. But, then in weaknesses, quickly point out that while it eats through flesh and bones and armor, it's at a reduced rate. This is confusing, as 'near instant' and 'reduced rate' are quite polar opposites. You say it's unlikely to cause instant damage if it isn't touching skin in the next line, but this contradicts the earlier strength regarding near instant damage through fabric. Finally this same weakness (No. 3) implies that beskar is immune, while strength No. 4 says this is particularly effective against beskar. Again, this is confusing. Please consider rewriting this section to clear up any confusion down the road, for future subs or RP, so that an otherwise great submission doesn't reported for misunderstanding.

Your description does help with this, but it would be good if the bullet points were more clear. Otherwise, thanks for using the new template and again, this is just a really fun idea. Tag me please when you have made these corrections!

Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali Hey hey! :) Sorry for the delay. Let's see how we can clear this up :)

And this is where your write up gets a little bit off-mark and contradictory.

Yes glitter is insanely difficult to get rid of, it is indeed an indisputable fact. How does this actually affect RP, particularly combat? If you could please add even a line or two about why this is a problem with this glitter, that would be terrific. Combining your second strength into it would do the trick actually.
I don't understand what you mean by how this could affect RP. While the damage of the glitter is described in the submission, I can't really decree what damage the other side is willing to take, hence the various strengths and options of what could happen.

Next, you say that if it touches non-armored fabric or skin, damage is near instant. But, then in weaknesses, quickly point out that while it eats through flesh and bones and armor, it's at a reduced rate. This is confusing, as 'near instant' and 'reduced rate' are quite polar opposites. You say it's unlikely to cause instant damage if it isn't touching skin in the next line, but this contradicts the earlier strength regarding near instant damage through fabric. Finally this same weakness (No. 3) implies that beskar is immune, while strength No. 4 says this is particularly effective against beskar. Again, this is confusing. Please consider rewriting this section to clear up any confusion down the road, for future subs or RP, so that an otherwise great submission doesn't reported for misunderstanding.
Thank you for catching that! I've made edits to clarify the speed/degree of the acid's effects in the weaknesses, I hope this clears it up.

If after these edits you still require me to make them as per the first quoted text, I just need the re-explanation and it shall be done :)

Thank you ♥

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter Thanks for tidying that up, I really appreciate it.

As for the 'glitter goes everywhere' and 'glitter is virtually impossible to get rid of' portions, I was just asking for a bit more clarification regarding what happens the longer it remains present. This would help writers to conceive of the kinds of damage or severity it might offer if the glitter itself remains in contact, which you address a little bit. For example, something like this:

"If not removed or neutralized, the glitter would likely continue to cause damage or erosion to affected areas for the duration of its lifespan."

Sort of like in a video game, where you get hit with a poison dart and the poison continues to cause damage to health over time kind of thing. Just want to make sure that the persistent nature of this annoyingly delightful substance is observed in future RP by other writers and such a statement would help to clarify that understanding.

Otherwise, this is good to go! So I can approve it as it stands or if you want to make the suggested statement, I can hold back until you do. It's your call and I am happy either way if you are! But, on a personal note, now I need to remind myself to bring a dust buster handheld vacuum into combat where this little toy of yours might be present from now on! :p

Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

As for the 'glitter goes everywhere' and 'glitter is virtually impossible to get rid of' portions, I was just asking for a bit more clarification regarding what happens the longer it remains present
OH! I'm sorry, those were meant to be a few light hearted jokes about the fact that glitter is super messy :) A very old version of this also mentioned that when time ends only glitter and cockroaches will survive. It's not meant to be taken literally. Any chance I could leave those in? Please pretty please with a cherry on top? I like it when things aren't too serious all the time. But I will definitely remove/reword it in case of need.

Sort of like in a video game, where you get hit with a poison dart and the poison continues to cause damage to health over time kind of thing. Just want to make sure that the persistent nature of this annoyingly delightful substance is observed in future RP by other writers and such a statement would help to clarify that understanding.
Yes! Reduced damage over time; first hours are the strongest, then it slowly dies out. Edited that term in, hopefully this clears it up.

Otherwise, this is good to go! So I can approve it as it stands or if you want to make the suggested statement, I can hold back until you do. It's your call and I am happy either way if you are! But, on a personal note, now I need to remind myself to bring a dust buster handheld vacuum into combat where this little toy of yours might be present from now on!
Made that edit!

If we rely on real life ways of removing glitter (because there is nothing in canon about removing glitter! I've checked! :D ), then your best bet is oil. Oil removes a lot of things that are hard to get rid of. MandalArms I believe also has a special protection spray that can be used in advance to avoid acid glitter damage. But, I may be working on a sub to deal with that as well ;)

In case this is the final edit - thank you so much for reading this so thoroughly and helping me improve it ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom