Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of course Shan was being serious about it, as he grinned in Cora's direction, before trying to brush himself clean of some of the mud. He wasn't as focused on cleaning himself off completely, but he wanted to at least be able to scratch his nose without coating it in mud.

"I just wanted to make sure. It feels...strange to insult someone, even if it was during a spar." He sighed to himself, listening to Cora's comments about him using his words to throw off his opponent. It was something he did on Elom, but it wasn't with insults. He had just kept talking with the intents and purposes of distracting the Sith he had fought. "Just remember Cora. No matter what anyone says, you're special. You don't need to listen to the insults of others, since they'll always be wrong. What matters is how you see yourself." Shan gave the ex-Princess a bright smile at that, trying to help reassure his friend. It was probably pointless at the end of the day, but it was the thought that counted.

Cora's question caught the Mirialan off guard, as he gave an awkward chuckle, tugging at the collar of his robes.
"Striking feels wrong to me, most of the time. I was trying to restrain you through grappling instead." He rubbed his chin in thought, almost as if he was trying to come up with more detail to his excuse, frowning afterwards. "I suppose it's also because...it feels wrong to use my hands to cause pain? I want to use them to heal. My lightsaber is for attacking. I suppose another reason is just...I didn't want to punch you. I was fine with throwing knees and elbows to get away from you, but striking you felt wrong. I didn't want to get back at you for punching me in the face, or for slapping me. Both of those were my own fault. Not yours."

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

mYIz8Ao.png

Myrkr
Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

To Resh's surprise, Eloise backed down as well. She even went so far as to compliment his fangs as "nice". The Pureblood blinked several times, then almost bashfully replied, "Oh— Um, thanks." He wasn't used to compliments in general. It felt good, even as atypical as this one was. Resh bowed, then stood a little taller as he left the sparring area.

mYIz8Ao.png

Tag: Braze Braze
Z9U36lL.png

The younger padawan didn’t even reply to Ko’s words, almost instantly responding with fighting instead. Ko reacted by quickly slapping away Braze’s attacks with his own lightsaber and backing away from the ferocious child.

The Kel Dor narrowed his eyes behind his goggles. His two clawed hands were fixed to his lightsaber hilt. Their emerald blades clashing together in the forest. If it wasn’t for the Force Suppression here Ko believed he’d have this fight in the back with the amount of telekinetic shenanigans he could get up to. Instead he could only just rely on his prior experiences and heightened reflexes for the sparring.

Eventually Ko moved in to engage with his own blade. Not to strike at Braze himself but to bind their weapons. Looking to use his two handed grip to have better leverage against Braze’s weapon.To shift it out of the way some before Ko pulled one of his legs up to perform a front kick to Braze’s chest.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png
Braze's response was immediate and instinctual, as he launched into the fray without a moment's hesitation. His youthful fervor was matched only by his eagerness to engage in combat, each move executed with the brashness of youth.

As Ko deftly deflected Braze's attacks, the younger Padawan didn't yield. His strikes were ferocious and relentless, driven by a fiery energy that seemed to radiate from within him. The clash of their lightsabers reverberated through the forest, a symphony of energy that blended with the rustling of leaves and the distant calls of creatures.

Amidst the clash, Ko's steady gaze behind his goggles didn't escape Braze's notice. The Kel Dor's stance and focused posture were what Braze's attention drank in. Braze found himself momentarily transfixed by Ko's calculated approach, even as the forest around them seemed to hold its breath in anticipation. It was a rare moment of admiration for an opponent, a recognition of the dance they were both participating in.

Bound by their emerald blades, the two combatants were locked in a display of skill and strategy. Braze's training blade met Ko's with fiery fervor, the clash of sabers resonating with each parry and strike. While the Force Suppression dampened the extent of their abilities, the energy that crackled between them was palpable, an electric charge that intensified the air around them.

As Ko moved in closer, Braze's instincts kicked in once again. The shifting of their blades didn't go unnoticed, and he quickly adjusted his stance to counter Ko's leverage. His muscles tensed as he readied himself for the Kel Dor's next move, a front kick aimed at his chest.

With a burst of reflexes, Braze attempted to sidestep the incoming kick. His training blade moved to deflect the kick-off to the side, the force of the impact jolting through his arms. However, the sheer force of the blow sent him stumbling back a step, his bootheels digging into the earth below. As plumes of dust kicked up around him, a hint of surprise flickered in his somber jade green eyes.

While the engagement was intense and fierce, there was an unspoken respect underlying Braze's exchanges. Each parry and strike was a silent acknowledgment of the strength and determination that drove them forward.

As their lightsabers clashed once more, Braze's strikes took on a rhythm reminiscent of a graceful fencing bout. His training blade moved with a fluidity that belied his age, each movement a calculated and deliberate extension of his will.

But within the elegance of his strikes, there was an unpredictability that set Braze apart. He bounded off the terrain like a feral creature, his movements unpredictable as he utilized the natural features of their surroundings to his advantage. The forest became his playground, the trees and rocks his allies as he launched into a counter volley of attacks.

Despite Ko's greater strength, Braze's tactics showcased his resourcefulness. He didn't seek to overpower his opponent but instead focused on exploiting openings in Ko's defenses. His strikes came from unexpected angles, his training blade a blur of motion as it weaved through the air with almost reckless abandon.

Bounding off the terrain of a nearby tree, Braze gained a burst of height and momentum. The air around him seemed to crackle with anticipation as he soared towards Ko, his training blade arcing downward in a swift strike that aimed to catch the Kel Dor off-guard. There was a primal energy to his movements, a wildness that set him apart from the refined precision often associated with fencing.

As he closed the distance, Braze's somber jade eyes remained locked on Ko's form, his senses attuned to the Kel Dor's every move. His strikes were fierce and unyielding, a whirlwind of motion that sought to test Ko's defenses from every angle.

mYIz8Ao.png

Z9U36lL.png

The two were now in a fierce and heated sparring match. Very likely the two boys were using the opportunity to vent some of their competitive drive and emotions towards one another. The two continuously clashed blades within the forest.

Ko was becoming rather shocked with the ferocity of Braze’s attacks, no longer did they seem like the measured, economical and graceful manuverse indicative of makashi. The older Kel Dor could respect it, but it was also a bit worrisome to him as well. The two were practically cut off from The Force at this moment. Everything the two were doing was entirely of their own skill and will. Now more than ever could who they really were on the inside be reflected. Braze was like a feral feline to Ko, fighting with the tenacity of a rabid Nexu.

Eventually the younger boy began striking out from more unorthodox angles of attack. Practically bouncing off the terrain and trees. Finally beginning to overwhelm Ko’s defenses. So he used his tactics to turn Braze’s over committed attacks against him. As the pale boy came flying at the kel dor with another one of their attacks, Ko parried their weapon to the side with his own and reached out with his free hand. Clawed fingers gripping the front of Braze’s clothes before tugging him. In a rather fluid motion Ko rolled onto his back and pulled his opponent with him. As he did he raised up a leg before pressing his foot against Braze’s chest. When Ko reached his lowest point and Braze was at their apex he’d kick his smaller sparring partner away and back behind Ko. All the while the Kel Dor continued his roll back onto his feet in the same motion. In the meantime Braze likely got launched into a tree or into the ground. Standing up Ko patting himself some to dust off his robes, almost casually before looking back over his shoulder towards Braze.

mYIz8Ao.png

Objective: Spar his girlfriend
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

div1.png

Taking her down to the floor, Silas wasn't able to do much due to Thelma's resistance. Choosing to keep her pinned rather than press, he was able to keep the vampire down after her attempt to roll him over "Sorry honey, I know your wrong but that isn't working on me" he said with a wink before letting himself get pushed off her.

Letting her get up, he had to keep in mind how strong Thelma was. She was a vampire after all, so he needed to be smart with how he attacked "Gotta keep focused Thelma, else you'll be down on that mat in no time" he smiled this time before pressing forward with speed.

Throwing a knee towards her midsection, he looked to knock the wind out of her sails before rotating his body for a spinning elbow towards her face.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png
Braze was taken by surprise as he was drawn in close and... down? This was not something he anticipated. Braze's world spun into chaos as he was suddenly yanked off his feet and sent hurtling downward. The unexpected force pulled him off balance, his lighter frame no match for the momentum that Ko wielded. He crashed down with a violence he hadn't seen coming, the ground rushing up to meet him with brutal impact from Ko's foot. His body was flung sideways, propelled by the very energy he had put into his attack.

A sharp, searing pain lanced through him as he slammed against the unyielding bark of a towering tree, HARD. The impact struck with a sickening thud, the force driving the air from his lungs in an agonizing rush. The back of his arm inadvertently collided with his own throat, the collision sending a jarring shockwave through his vocal cords, leaving him gasping for air. He fell to the ground next.

A guttural, strangled yell escaped his lips, but before he could fully process the pain, his breath was stolen. The wind had been knocked from his lungs, and his efforts to inhale were met with a crushing emptiness. Panic clawed at his senses as his body fought desperately to draw in the oxygen it so desperately needed. His training saber clattered to the ground, abandoned and forgotten as his mind focused solely on the struggle to breathe.

Tears welled in his wide green eyes, his gaze wild and frantic as he clawed at the dirt beneath him, his fingers digging into the earth in a desperate bid to ground himself. Every movement radiated agony, each attempt to find his voice met with a jolt of pain that left him trembling.

His body was a tangle of pain and fear, his chest burning as if it were on fire. He pushed against the ground with trembling arms, trying to force his body into a sitting position. But his limbs felt like lead, unresponsive to his commands as they shook with the intensity of the impact.

Braze's green eyes brimmed with tears as he shifted looking akin to a fish out of water with how he moved his jaw and he looked panicked suddenly. He pressed a hand to his side and removed it quickly before clawing at the dirt with one hand bowing his head drawing up a fist of earth and slamming it hard into the ground.

Braze's vision blurred as tears mingled with dirt on his cheeks, his world reduced to the searing pain that consumed him. He was trapped in a cycle of agony and desperation, each breathless gasp a reminder of his vulnerability. The forest seemed to close in around him, the once vibrant surroundings now nothing but a blurred backdrop to his torment.

In the midst of the chaos, he clung to the earth as if it were his only anchor, his movements erratic and uncontrolled. The pain was all-consuming, drowning out any coherent thought as he grappled with the sheer intensity of the situation. He couldn't talk, he couldn't communicate what his problem was, and worse, Braze didn't know how to fix this. He was leaning forwards and his knees had been pressed down, his boot toes digging into the earth but his upper half lurched forwards as he faced the ground. Braze did not make it back to his feet as he clawed at the ground in pain.

mYIz8Ao.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko hadn’t realized that there was a sturdy tree behind him that he just flung Braze into. Seeing the boy crumble to the ground made him wince some. Worrying that it might have been a mistake to perform the back roll. But concern rapidly crept into him as Braze didn’t seem to recover from the impact, in fact they seemed to be getting worse. Seemingly unable to breath

Ko deactivated his lightsaber and hooked it back to his belt. He didn’t think it was some sort of asthma attack since it likely would’ve been triggered prior from Braze’s exertion. Also from the fact that it seemed like the boy couldn’t breath at all. The Force couldn’t offer Ko any guidance so he had to act on his own intuition.

Stepping close to Braze the Kel Dor knelt down and looked him over, seeing that there were no open wounds, and he didn’t get stabbed by some sharp stick or rock. Ko was moderately more familiar when it came to human and near-human first aid than he was with even his own biology. He was worried that he broke one of the boy’s ribs and that it may have punctured their lung. But people like Braze had two lungs for things like this right? Ko didn’t have x-ray vision so he couldn’t tell if that was the case or not so he would just try and help how he can.

Although concerned, he wasn’t really panicking. Just trying to deduce what the proper thing was to do. “Alright Braze I’m gonna want you to sit up for me alright?” He said before trying to help Braze sit with their back up against the tree he just got thrown into. From there he’d recall something from a manual he read years back. Grabbing Braze’s arms he’d lift them up, supposedly it would help open up their breathing holes and tubes. “Okay see if this helps your breathing…”

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

A wince of pain contorted Braze's features as he was gingerly maneuvered back into a seated position. Tears flowed freely down his face, a silent testament to the agony that had engulfed him. His body still trembled from the impact, and the throbbing ache seemed to echo in every fiber of his being. The pain had rendered him momentarily speechless, his normally vibrant green eyes now clouded with both discomfort and a glimmer of vulnerability.

Ko's actions, however, brought a surprising turn of events. As the pale padawan's arms were raised, the movement seemed to trigger something within Braze's body. A sudden rush of air was forced down his constricted throat, a sensation that brought both relief and shock. His gasps for air were ragged, sputtering sounds that mingled with harsh coughs as his lungs fought to open up once more.

The act of breathing was no longer taken for granted. Each inhale brought with it a sense of victory, a small triumph over the torment he had endured just moments before. His body shuddered with the effort, and the sound of his own coughs seemed impossibly loud against the backdrop of the forest.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, his gasps for air transformed into more coherent sounds. Words formed between the coughs, a raspy and strained voice that cut through the lingering pain. "Thank... you," he managed to rasp out, his voice a mixture of gratitude and lingering distress.

The tears on his cheeks mingled with dirt, a testament to the ordeal he had endured.

Shan's words of encouragement garnered a look of mild surprise from the blonde. Slowly, her expression morphed into one of appreciation.

"Ah, so you don't think that I'm a womp-rat?"

Her tone was all teasing, but Cora was wondering just how to see herself now that she was stripped of everything that had defined her. Her family, Ukatis, and her duty to them both were no more.

Where she had trouble with her self-image, Shan found it difficult to harm anyone, opting for restraint over fists. It made sense and was largely in line with the Jedi philosophy they'd been taught. Still, knowing when to use aggressive force and never wanting to use aggressive force were two different things. Either way, the Mirialan's thoughtfulness did not go unnoticed; there was a touch of struggle in his eyes as he tried to rationalize his actions.

"Your fault? Me hitting you during a spar isn't necessarily your fault, Shan." Cora's brow furrowed and her lips thinned. "It's best to avoid being hit, but you took the punch to get inside my guard. That's not a bad thing."

"…I think."
She shrugged. "We should get cleaned up. I need a shower as much as your face needs a bacta patch."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

mYIz8Ao.png

Thelma managed to dodge Silas' knee, but not his elbow. The sharp point of bone hit her face with a painful crack, sending her reeling.

“Stop!” the referee exclaimed, pausing the spar. “Are you bleeding?”

Eyes watering from the pain, Thelma touched her nose. "No." Amazingly, there was no blood. It just hurt a lot.

“Okay, continue,” the referee said, stepping back as a slightly miffed Thelma swung her fist at Silas’ gut.

mYIz8Ao.png

Z9U36lL.png

After a bit the technique seemed to work, for some reason. But it did give Ko quite a bit of relief as well even though he wasn’t the one suffocating. He didn’t want his sparring partner to get hurt, after all that was the reason he didn’t try and pummel the boy earlier.

“Yeah, no problem. Just keep your arms up for a bit I guess.” He said before finally letting go of Braze’s arms. Shifting his body, some Ko sat next to the half-echani against the tree. Letting out a sigh be spoken up again, “I guess it’s sort of ironic that you were the one who’d be struggling to breath today huh?” He asked, in a slightly joking tone. Not really to make light of it.

It also kind of put it in perspective that losing the ability to breath out like that wasn’t just a unique vulnerability for Ko. In fact, because of his mask and thick skin he would survive some in the vacuum of space without an evo-suit. Something he didn’t expect many of his peers would be able to do.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

Braze's breaths were ragged and uneven, his chest rising and falling with each labored inhale. He shifted his gaze towards Ko, his expression a mixture of exhaustion and discomfort. It took him a considerable amount of time to regain a semblance of normal breathing, his body slowly recovering from the intense physical exertion.

His voice was a quiet, almost hushed, admission as he finally spoke, the words carrying a tinge of pain. "I think... I hurt my ribs," he confessed, a wince accompanying his words. The ache seemed to radiate from his side, a new constant reminder of the toll their training had taken on him. The distress was evident in his somber jade-green eyes, a vulnerability he didn't shy away from sharing.

"They hurt... a lot," he added, his voice a mere whisper. The discomfort was etched across his features, the pain a stark reminder of the limits his body had been pushed to. He couldn't help the soft, pained noise that escaped him.

Braze's lips curled into a small, rueful smile as he tried to find some semblance of humor in the situation. "I didn't foresee this turn of events for today's lessons," he admitted, his voice carrying a hint of irony. The unexpected intensity of their training had taken him by surprise, leaving him both impressed and caught off guard.

"That was a good execution of technique on your part," Braze acknowledged a hint of admiration in his gaze. Despite the discomfort, he was quick to recognize the skill Ko had displayed. His tone held a touch of playfulness as he continued, "I'll remember we're including hand-to-hand next time... perhaps with a bit more padding."

The strain on his face was unmistakable as he shifted slightly, his discomfort evident. "I think I'm done for now," he sighed, his admission laden with exhaustion and resignation. His body was protesting, and he couldn't deny the need to rest and recover. As he settled back, his expression turned more somber.

mYIz8Ao.png

Z9U36lL.png

“Hmm, it’s possible one of them might have gotten broken. Sorry Braze, I was expecting you to just fall onto the ground.” Ko explained, not having any intention to fling the younger boy into a tough tree.

Braze seems to also compliment Ko’s technique. He found it kind of funny how cocky the attitude they had before all but evaporated now. Their taunts were replaced with respectful acknowledgement instead. The Kel Dor also chuckled a bit at the comment of him using unarmed combat. “Thanks, but that’s why the lightsaber isn’t the only weapon you have on yourself when you fight as a Jedi. You have to be ready for an opponent who’s resourceful.”

Ko thought back some to an old statement about the second form of lightsaber combat. “You’re using Makashi right? I’ve never practiced the style myself, but I remember reading something about it I found very helpful to keep in mind, and can pertain to more than just Form II. The saying goes something like, “A Makashi duelist should also train themselves to avoid enslavement to form, as such devotion opened the practitioner to be defeated by unpredictable tactics.” Even the most disciplined fighting style will only thrive with an open mind.” Ko tried to explain to Braze, hoping they would find his words of wisdom helpful. But given their state Ko wouldn’t blame him for not retaining the information too well.

"But yeah, it might be best we get a healer to check you out in a bit..."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

As Ko began to deliver his lecture, Braze's initial reaction was one of mild irritation. He had never been particularly fond of being told what to do, especially by someone who was very close to him in age, and the sensation of having someone offer advice or guidance often stirred a mix of defensiveness and stubbornness within him. However, even as those instinctive feelings flickered, Braze quickly caught himself. He knew, deep down, that his eagerness to learn should be met with an open mind, especially when it came from someone more experienced like Ko. A moment of internal reflection washed over him, and he silently chastised himself for his fleeting resistance. He reminded himself that true growth came from being receptive to guidance, no matter how it was delivered, and that he should approach this with a more mindful and respectful attitude.

In that brief struggle within himself, the turmoil of his mixed emotions projected a subtle ripple through his Force presence, a small and involuntary projection of his inner conflict that those around him might have sensed, an unintended glimpse into the storm of his thoughts and emotions. Even in this unique environment where the Force was greatly suppressed and nullified, his emotional undercurrents managed to seep through the barriers, hinting at the potent connection he grappled with.

Even in this unique environment where the Force was greatly suppressed and nullified, his emotional undercurrents managed to seep through the barriers, a testament to the strength of his feelings and the potent connection he held with the Force.

Braze's pained gaze shifted towards Ko as he listened to the Kel Dor's explanation, his expression what that of pain and understanding. He winced slightly at the mention of a potential broken rib, the dull throb in his side confirming Ko's assessment. "No need to apologize. It's not like I planned on being flung into a tree either," Braze replied with a weak smile, his attempt at humor masking the discomfort he felt.

He found himself nodding in agreement as Ko talked about the versatility of a Jedi's skill set. "You're right, having more than just the lightsaber can be a game-changer. Being adaptable is crucial in a fight," he responded, his voice carrying a sense of admiration.

Braze's somber jade-green eyes held a genuine appreciation as Ko mentioned Makashi and its philosophy. He listened intently, absorbing the words and the wisdom they held. The pain in his ribs seemed to fade into the background as he focused on Ko's advice. "That's... actually really insightful. I appreciate you sharing that with me," he said sincerely, the respect in his tone apparent.

The mention of seeking a healer brought a mixture of relief and apprehension to Braze's expression. He shifted slightly, the discomfort in his ribs a stark reminder of his condition, the pain drawing a sharp breath from him. "Yeah, a healer sounds like a good idea. I don't think I'll be moving around much on my own for a bit," he admitted with a rueful smile. Despite the pain, he felt a sense of camaraderie with Ko in this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom