Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Phantasm Stygium Cloak

Status
Not open for further replies.
400px-Federation_cloaking_device.jpg

Image Source: http://www.startrekfreedom.com/wiki/images/thumb/4/45/Federation_cloaking_device.jpg/400px-Federation_cloaking_device.jpg
Intent: To develop a cloaking device for Aurora Industries to sell and use in projects
Development Thread: Thread where stygium is acquired here (will do more dev if required)
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: Phantasm Stygium Cloak
Affiliation: Open-Market (requires heavy background checks to purchase)
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, stygium crystals

Description:

Aurora Industries had been sitting on a rather sizable stash of stygium crystals for some time, acquired in a joint project with ShadowTech Industries, and Taeli decided it was high time they be used. Giving the green light to her research teams, they began work on what would become the Phantasm Stygium Cloaking device.

The Phantasm is a cloaking device designed to be used on starfighters and freighters, producing an effect that effectively makes the equipped ship near invisible to the naked eye and ship sensors and scans. The most a ship might pick up is a strange anomaly that cannot be fixed down into a firm reading and only a slight shimmer would be visible to the eye, impossible to see against the backdrop of space.

However, there are some drawbacks to the Phantasm. The equipped ship's speed is reduced, along with communication and sensor being disabled. Weapons also cannot be fired while a ship is cloaked, but a built-in device within the Phantasm deactivates the cloaks when weapons are used and then reengages the cloak once firing is complete.

Primary Source:

OOC Note: Equipping a ship with this system will require a thread of the device being installed before being used if this acceptable to the judge as a further limitation

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

This is going to require some self control on your part. I'd expect to see this on just a few unique or semi-unique ships. I do not expect to see this appearing on five different lines of limited starfighters that then appear all over the place.

Fortunately your cheeky fade to black in the dev thread has put me in a good mood, so I'm tentatively putting this as pending.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] please give a good look over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom