Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pfft, podracing? You ain't seen nothing yet!

The hyperspace vortex dropped away, the blue swirling void that surrounded Sheena's ship disappearing as the stars became streaks once more, and those streaks became pinpoints of light. She looked down at the blue sphere of Hoth, and she found herself pondering why she always found herself back around this ice ball. The first time she'd battled Kalinai Soluza and nearly killed her. Then she'd come back to rescue her. And now here she was again. For such an insignificant planet, she sure seemed to end up over it a lot.

"Arten, scan for the other ships!" She ordered, but R10, her loyal astromech, only beeped and whistled a negative report. "Like, huh??? Have they moved on, already?" Again, R10 beeped and whistled a negative. "How the heck did we get ahead? We were like, way behind after I had that... uh, like... tiny problem... in the mud on Kashyyyk." Sheena had no desire to really go fully in to the details of the issues she encountered trying to wade through river mud in stiletto boots. But the scopes were entirely negative.

"Okay, okay, like, let's not look a gift bantha in the mouth..." Then Sheena paused. "...like, what the heck does that even mean? What is a 'gift bantha' anyway?" She asked out loud. She pondered for a few moments, sitting, tapping at the controls. R10 knew better than to answer. "Like, never mind! We have a race to win! Like, I don't see any like, asteroid belt or mines or anythin'. This should be easy. I've even got a lock on the beacon." She beamed, as the bright pink X-38 began to make its way down towards the planet. "Hmm, it's like, showing as being in the middle of a group of life forms. I bet they're like some kinda settlement or something! Maybe we can, like, call them and get them to bring the beacon to us? That way I won't hafta walk in the snow in, like, my heels!" She said chirpily. R10 beeped yet another negative. It wasn't a settlement. "Well, then, like what the heck is it?" Sheena asked. R10 beeped and whistled again. Sheena just gave him a blank look.

"Like, what he heck is a 'wampa nest'?" She asked out loud.

Hyperspace
Enroute to Hoth
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"No I ain't trying to get into her pants, Sal!" there came the rather frustrated yet slightly amused retort from the Zeltron smuggler.

"Oh ye of little faith!" They would be arriving in Hoth Space soon, but all the while, Sal, the old coot of a Sullustan who'd been his co pilot for as long as he could remember, had been yammering about the Chiss pilot they'd chanced upon back on Kashyyyk.

"Hey, we were just doing her a favor. Got her beacon scanned and all good and proper," that's when the wry grin came curving over his crimson lips, the corner of his eyes crinkling in avid humor, "Pulled her out of that mudhole too." he leaned back against his chair, mind drifting to the fleeting sensation of a certain pair of Chiss assets that had been pressed against him while all sorts of embarrassed attraction radiated from Sheena.

"Heh... I am practically a hero, Sal!" He shot back over his shoulder, twirling on his comfy chair over to the piloting console, tracking the distance and preparing to drop out of hyperspace, quipping out, "Her knight in slightly scuffed shinning armor!"

Hyperspace
En Route to Hoth

The vine-swinging ascension gun theatrics on Kashyyyk had left him sore, sore, sore. And now that Sarge was aboard, the pain was just beginning. Sarge's presence made it infinitely more frustrating to struggle with various controls that were just high enough on the panels to set his strained muscles aflame.

Because as much as he respected Sarge, even liked him, there was no fething way he would let the guy fly Gypsymoth. Not even after that little extravehicular stunt.

"Bro...I only packed enough cold-weather gear for one. If we have to make landfall, I ain't sharing body heat."

[SIZE=10pt]Walking, no, more like shuffling back to the cockpit one Rogue XO was bundled from head to toe in extreme cold weather winter gear. Popping the goggles to the top of a driftwood blue-streaked haired head, she braced herself as they exited hyperspace with the white planet of Hoth looming in the viewport.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Still nursing sore ribs from their earlier-slight-mishap-stunt-but-really-awesome-maneuver, she dumped the second set of cold gear on an empty seat behind Dells as her fluffy and thoroughly clothed form slid back into the Captain’s seat of the Siren’s Song. “Have I said yet how much I hate the cold and wearing all these layers?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Dry plus cold was not good for a Galan. Plus there were…other memories Hoth brought back that she would rather forget.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A beep-boop-boop resounded through their cabin indicating the proximity of the beacon. And with that, she couldn’t miss the bright pink ship on up ahead. “Looks like Blue Barbie beat us here. Maybe she’ll scare off all the wampas before we even get there?” A strained chuckle left aqua lips.[/SIZE]

Delila had been busy pulling the ship out hyperspace to even worry about cold weather gear until Thessa tossed it in an empty chair. Once the lines had faded to normal and the ice planet of Hoth came into view did she even bother thinking of it. The Chiss had gotten quite a lead on them, especially since their mishap with the Sirens Song. Poor girl. She was limping along.

"Only once or twice. Stay inside, I got this." Bone chilling cold was not high on her list of fun experiences either. Ord Mantell was very dry and warm, never did she have to bundle up as a child. Unlike her friend, Delila did not mind. It was only for a short time period.

Getting up, Delila moved behind her and kicked off her boots, slowly putting the layers over her current clothing. The more the better in this case, even if it was going to compromise her mobility. Wampas. The Lieutenant would have to retrieve her A280 before they left the ramp-should they need to. The heavy blaster rifle could pierce through armor, so it should be more than enough to stop a Wampa.

"Just get me close to the beacon and keep the engines warm. Someone's got to keep this old girl going."

[SIZE=10pt]Thee shot Dells her best Kai glare. “Seriously, you’re going out there, alone?” Unfortunately Dells had a point and she hated it. But that didn’t stop the Galan from grumble-mumbling. Lowering the ship, she followed the signal to the beacon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I don’t like this. You’ve had so much…better ideas,” a forced smirk crossed aqua lips as iced-azure gaze sharpened, looking out the tinted windows at the frigid landscape and the life form detections blipping up on the screen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]There were no settlements out this far.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Either this detector got broken in our minefield extravaganza or there are some serious life forms out there.” Lowering the ship onto the barren field, she ran through post-flight checks, distracted gaze flitting from the instruments on the dash to her ground pounding friend. “Alright. I’ve got my comm tuned to your channel. If anything and I mean ANYTHING looks wrong, call me and come back. Got it?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Even a million whatever creds wasn’t worth death by wampa.[/SIZE]

Delila rolled her eyes. Her friend could be so dramatic. Where was this caring attitude when people were trying to kill her out on the battlefield? The Lieutenant knew it was two completely different situations but ti did not stop her from comparing the two. As Thessa lowered the ship, Delila collected her heavy blaster rifle, checking it over. Everything was fine with the weapon and she had her S-5 safely attached to her hip just in case.

"Don't worry. Your scales will wrinkle" Delila flashed a grin at her own lame attempt at humor. "You got it Boss." Although Delila had to silently admit a commchannel was not going to stop any wampas from eating her alive. No need to tell her best friend that though.

Pulling on the goggles, Delila turned her back and headed off the Siren's Song. Where she was sweating inside it was immediately bone-chilling out. Even with the cold weather gear on. Keeping the A280 close at hand, the Lieutenant started to cautiously trudge towards the beacon.

"It's ok, baby boy. We can share body heat.", comes the lewd reply as Sarge steps his way back into the cockpit, voidsuit now back in the cargo hold and his armor securely back on; half mask and all. Plopping down in an empty seat and giving a faint sigh, he looks around momentarily.

"We there yet?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Delila Castillon"]

Deagan wasn't too far off behind Thessa and her ship. In fact, Sal saw to it that they landed right next to the Siren's Song. Call it him being a bit of a worry wart; the Sullustan even hailed the other ship just to double check everything was ok.

In the meantime, Deagan had outfitted himself with cold weather gear for the frigid icy terrain that is Hoth. Seeing how things were still a bit iffy here -- been a long while since folk had stepped foot in the place, it would be a wonder just what or who had been left behind - the Zeltron saw fit to take his A-300 Needler along, holstered right at his hip. A thick hood, googles, and a cold weather scarf managed to hide the bulk of his features, but some strips of crimson flesh could still be seen.

Down when the ramp of the Valkyrie with an audible hiss, the hydraulics and the steel protesting at the drop in temperature. With a clap of gloved hands, Deagan began surveying the area, a small datapad allowing him to track the weak signal.

It was about two klicks when he spotted her; trudging along, faint coils of heated breath rising to the air. Considering where they were headed, he figured this was just another contestent, and well... as he was wont to do...

"Howdy!" He called out, even waving his hand in greeting for her to notice him. Of course, by now the weather had picked up, snow was falling and with the wind speed drowning out his greeting combined with the white furred looking cold weather outfit... from a distance he'd look like a Wampa.

@[member="Deagan Hunt"] @[member="Thessa Kai"]

Delila had a good read on the beacon but it was quickly fading due to the increasingly bad weather. Snow was coming down in a thick heavy blanket, tossed around by the wind. The soldier felt as if she was in some tourists' snowglobe, slowly trudging towards the beacon.She hadn't seen anything this way....as if even the Wampas were huddled in their...Wampa Dens? for the duration of the storm. It was quite eerie and placing her on edge.

So when she heard a noise, Delila had to turn to look. There was something growling at her, or barking? It was hard to tell. However she did see a large white beast in front of her, waving its one arm. There was no time to hesitate, raising the A280, Delila fired without even looking down the scope-hitting said creature somewhere in the shoulder area.

Once the creature dropped, Delila trudged back towards its location to make sure it was dead. However, she was greeted with the site of a bloody Zeltron laying in the snow. Delila had shot the Beefcake. Who wore a kriffing light colored snowsuit anyways? Dropping down on her knees at his side, she removed a glove and placed her hand against the pink skin underneath his scarf. At least there was a pulse.

"Thessa....I uh...just shot the Beefcake. Mind zeroing in on this location and flying over? I can't drag him far. Might want to comm his copilot as well...."

[SIZE=medium]“Well chit Dells, I knew you wanted to bag a man but this is going a little too far, even for you,” the quip was cut by strain, surprise, and worry in her tone. “I’m on my way right now, hold tight. Don’t let him freeze to death.” Or die…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kriff, kriff, kriff. A balled up fist slammed the spinning coordinate dial. The storm was doing a number on the already damaged sensors. Lifting up into the gloom, the freighter made haste to Dells’ position. Luckily, she wasn’t too far off. But the storm was quickly brewing into an all-out white-out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Fingertips flew over the comms device as they keyed in a channel to Sal. “This is Captain Kai of the Siren’s Song. Off your port. Your boy’s been hit. I’m going in for a pick-up.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Fingers gripped the controls as the ship rocked in the low-level winds of the storm. Grinding her teeth, she set the Siren’s Song down near the signal of Dells. Rushing through pre-flight checks, she leaped from her chair, bringing the wooly hood up over her blue-tinted hair and jamming the goggles over iced-azure gaze. Checking the power-levels of her blaster, she stepped off the safety of the ship and into the snowy-white wilderness, ignoring the shooting pain up her sides.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Dells, just landed. I can’t see two feet in front of my face. Can you see Siren’s Song?” A thickly gloved hand, held the comm as she tied one end of a grappling hook to the ship’s ramp, the other around her waist. Trudging ahead, she hoped Dells and the beefcake were within the circumference of her tether.[/SIZE]

The entire valley shuddered as Gypsymoth bellyflopped gracelessly. Jorus cinched up his nice faux fur hood and dropped the ramp.

"I'm picking up some odd chatter, Sarge. Sounds like someone out there might need your body heat more than I do. Who do we know with the callsign 'Beefcake'?"

Jorus examined a handheld scanner, or rather a remote unit tie into Gypsymoth's scanners. It would get less and less reliable the farther he went into the blizzard. “Tied this thing to Gypsy's eyes,” he said, closing the ramp. He set out across the snow. “Should lead us straight to the beacon...I'm hoping that they got close before Deagan started looking at farms to buy.” He slapped the scanner ineffectually. “I used to run with some rebel types – we had good gear then. Wish I could say the same now. We'd better hope we stumble over them, or get really, really lucky. And no, not lucky like Zeltros.” He cursed imaginatively. “You do realize you're the kid's godfather, right?”

"The company has good gear; I just don't have any yet.", he shrugs, trudging through the snow behind Jorus with a blaster in hand. "I'd end up with frostbite if Zeltros happened here." The man blanched at the last comment.

"Did... did you just make me an offer I can't refuse?"

"I was more going for 'don't fuck with me', but consequence is basically the same thing.", he shrugs. Wasn't anything he could do about it now. Faintly, he fancied he could see a few people ahead of them, but it was hard to tell on this rock when the winds picked up.

Then he realized he couldn't feel his fingers.

Shite.

"How much farther? Also Id be a terrible godfather. Now a Godfather yes. I'd love to be one of those."

"I'm thinking we should see'em within a few. Then again, there's some chance we'll walk right past'em without seeing'em. Who's this company you keep mentioning, anyway? Thought you already had plenty of Godfather types around."

He struggled with his pack for a moment.

"Forget this crap. I've got a flare gun."

His Mandalorian shell gun belched a fireball into the air, visible from a goodly distance.

"Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng!" Yeah, that meant exactly what you thought it meant. Frog-sucking son-of-a-queen in Zeltronese. He'd fallen flat on his ass with a blaster hole punching clear through the right side of his abdomen, clear through his liver.

Luckly, the other liver was doing just fine.

A grunt came sputtering from his lips, one that quickly turned to a groan. Oh he was cursing himself alright. Goes to show you that folk have twitchy fingers. 'Fore he knew it, the lady in question of shooting him was hovering over him, tugging at his clothes - well with her getting his pulse, felt that way - and saying all sorts of rubbish overhead.

By then, the scarf had pulled away from the lower half of his face, now a paler shade of pink due to the cold and you know... getting shot at. None the less, seeing and feeling the frantic state that the Rebel woman was in.. well... he just couldn't help himself.

"Y'know.." cough half grin through a grimace, " I don't mind .. a bit ... o' rough play... " another grimace and a half chuckle, " But if you were wanting .. to get me naked... should have ... stayed behind on Kashyyyk.... with me."

@[member="Deagan Hunt"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"]

The cursing-if thats what it was...Delila only spoke two other languages, neither of which was Zeltronese. She didn't even know much about Zeltrons period, so while checking for his pulse Force knows what she was really doing. Medic she was not. Listening to Thessa over the roar of the wind was difficult yet she was able to make out most of what the Galan was getting at.

"Umm...." Pausing, Delila looked around. She could make out some large dark shadowy shapes but couldn't tell if they were mountains or ships. "Maybe? I can't make out much. Someone just sent up a flare though."

Taking off her own scarf, Delila folded it then pressed it against the gaping wound. It didn't look all too good to her and she didn't want the exposed skin to get frostbite and make the situation even worse.

"Shame you didn't tell me sooner. I figured the only way I could see that physique of yours was to shoot you and then administer aid".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom