Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perennial Starlight [OOC] [Signup]

Hey everyone,

I’m happy to announce that The Primeval will be hosting a public campaign.

Taking place on a space station; characters will be able to choose two paths to follow. Each path will have a few primary objectives as well as a few side objectives. Some of the primary objectives will have rewards including unique items that may benefit your character.

The IC thread will provide a rational catalyst that gives reason for your character being there. Suffice to say that it'll be a bit cliche just so it remains simple enough to make sense for your character knowing about it.

A few facts..

In order to sign up please fill out the ‘form’ located at the very end of this post. For now, it’s pretty important that you read the following:

You can only pick a single path. There are going to be two connecting threads; the ascent thread and the descent thread. Each will have its own unique theme and challenges. These threads are connected, however. I will be managing a ‘storyteller’ subaccount that narrates the path and describes what’s going on in the station. To avoid spoilers, let’s just say when someone in the ascent thread completes a primary objective it will cause bad things to happen in the other thread. Think of like tug-o-war. The vice versa is also possible. Whomever completes the final objective -- regardless of the thread -- will get the grand prize and lockout the other objectives.

Be warned: When this happens the station will undergo a destruction procedure so that it does not remain at the end of the campaign per board rules. The station itself is 7000m vertically long and roughly 2000m wide in all directions. The way in which it will be destroyed is of course a surprise and will be handled via roleplay through the storyteller account.

No one is expected to have their character die but at the same time you are expected to roleplay fairly and not meta-game, power-game, god-mod, or otherwise do anything that would be generally frowned upon in roleplay. The more we respect each other and roleplay fairly the more fun we -- and others -- will have.

Some rules…

To keep the peace we do have a few rules to follow and by signing up you effectively agree to abide by them. Failure to do so may and likely will result in you being removed from the thread and your posts voided. I don’t think this will ever happen but better safe than sorry.

• One character per writer: You may only participate as one character; so choose wisely.

• No pre-teaming: Teams are allowed to form as things progress but I’d really prefer if people didn’t organize teams before hand. Note: This does not include people who traveled there together ICly, be it that makes sense, but say no one should see a powerful Sith Lord on the signup thread and PM them “Hey, would you please carry me through the thread?”

• Keep OOC out of IC: If you have a problem with someone’s roleplay or they misread it, please keep that in the OOC thread or PMs.

• Always tag the storyteller: If you do something and don’t tag the storyteller, your post may be overlooked. Which can suck if it means we missed the fact you completed an objective and thus someone else was able to do so before you.

• Don’t wait for people: If someone is slow to respond, don’t feel obligated to wait for them. Just move on. This isn’t really a rule but rather an encouraged suggestion.

• Don’t void the storyteller: Ignoring the storyteller is cheating because you could skip challenges. Doing so will result in your posts being voided.

That’s about it. If anyone thinks I missed something please let me know.

Signup Sheet

Name:
Sheet:
Ascent/Descent:
Do you agree to the rules of this campaign?:

THE THREAD WILL LAUNCH: 1ST, FEBRUARY
(subject to change)

Members Signed up:

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]
[member="Darth Tsolan"]
[member="Keira Ticon"]
[member="Xilo Gale"]
[member="Rain"]
[member="Geronivous"]
[member="Dredge"]
]

[member=Ciara]
[member="Felix Dunst"]
[member="Shargon'Ta"]
[member="Nyos Val"]
[member="Kadri Ughad"]
[member="Cryax Bane"]

[member="Felix Dunst"]

Added.

NOTICE!

The thread will be launching around Sunday, folks but OOC signup will be closing Saturday!!! You have about a day and a half to sign up :)

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Is it bad I've never watched Clone Wars?

I'll look up the synopsis if it's online, but pretty much it goes as follows: A bunch of people land aboard the center of the station, each taking a pathway either up or down the ship depending on the signup, and the descent and ascent will both have unique and separate challenges, their own bosses, and their own mob. There's action, and there's also objectives that require a bit of thinking and effort.

The winner gets a big prize, and there are side objectives that offer their own rewards as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom