Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Pellaeon-class Mark II Star Destroyer (Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
repel.jpg

Image credit goes to Wookieepedia
Intent: To update the Mk-II to current site standards.

Development Thread: None
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Model: Pellaeon-class Mark II Star Destroyer
Affiliation: The Empire/Black Sun
Modularity: It can be updated with new technology
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: Outfitted with cutting edge technology, the Mark II Pellaeon fits an overdrive bank that stores up energy from the reactor when it is being fully used and can release this energy. At a maximum output it could double sublight speed, deflector shields, or firepower for almost ten minutes. However, use of the overdrive system overheats electrical systems and the ship will need a 30 minute cool down, during which time everything operates under 50% optimum power. The gravity well generator was also removed to free up resources for the additional weaponry the ship needed to compete with modern ships of the line. Extra armoring was also layered over the ships recessed shield generators on either side of the downsized command section, which when combined together, drastically reduces the chance of some hotshot fighter pilot from some farming town getting lucky and crippling the Mk-II in a single pass.

Following the alliance between the Sith Empire and the Black Suns, the latter were given copies of schematics for much of the Sith's fleet, among them the MK-II which they began to produce as their mainstay capital ship.

Classification: Star Destroyer - Balanced
Role: Ship of the Line
Height: 400
Width: 900
Length: 1,600
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1
Minimum Crew: 2,000
Optimal Crew: 8,488
Armaments: Balanced

• Turbolaser Batteries: 120
  • Ion Cannon Batteries: 30
  • Turreted General Purpose Warhead Launchers: 80
  • Quad Lasers: 60
  • Point Defense Laser Canons: 40

Hanger:
  • 5 Fighter Squadrons
  • 1 Bomber Squadron
  • 10 Shuttles
  • 10 Gunships
  • 40 Walkers W/Barges
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Ion Hardened Armor
  • Overdrive Bank
Passenger Capacity: 2,700
Cargo Capacity: 11,000 tons
Consumables: 6 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 8

@[member="Domino"]

If your goal is to bring them in line with present guidelines, then I'm afraid there's still a bit of work to do. You've got too many batteries (230, whereas the ship can only support 175).

However, the more pressing matter is why a member of the Black Sun is posting an update for a Sith warship. I've spoken with Kaine, and he indicated that they had not asked for this.

Reasoning was that it was a black sun ship as well. We have the blue prints and I'd rather bring this up to snuff than design a whole new ship. (Though I'd be more than happy to speak to Kaine if you think it's necessary)
I have 150 batteries, the mass drivers were approved under the old design as a type of acceleration tube to sling missiles and torpedoes out in addition to their normal velocity which gives it the 80 small launchers.
The rest are small guns and are listed as individuals.

@[member="Domino"]

If you're going to update the ship to our new system, it's going to have to be done entirely. That means labeling them warhead launchers, not mass drivers. People are now using mass drivers as actual capital weaponry, so they're being counted as such.

As far as making it, you'll either need to talk to Kaine and make sure that he agrees with your changes or you need to provide the thread where the Black Suns got the plans for the ship and leave the affiliation to just Black Suns.

[5:48:32 PM] Othorious: Voracitos gave you the plans, right?
[5:48:43 PM] Othorious: To tide [stuff]t over between the Imps and the Suns?
[5:49:04 PM] aterfeles: along with everything else yall had at the time, yeah
[5:49:08 PM] Othorious: Aight

And this is him giving me permission.

@[member="Ayden Cater"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom