Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathway through the Stars

Roon, Obsidian Citadel​
Staring intently at the ball, Werah Unon concentrated. Feeling the force around it, he imagined the ball shooting of the desk. *Thunk* The ball slammed into the wall, denting it. Sighing, Werah went to retrieve it. His slender fingers had just grasped the ball when his communicator beeped. Pressing a command, Weeah spoke in a low, spooky voice, "You are talking to Werah Unon. Please state your message." The rushed voice of Alky Kerno, a young Net Zillo replied, "Werah, come here at once! I found some sort of...map!"

Sitting in the library-laboratory, Alky showed Werah the disk. "I found it in old Duuo's desk. I had a look, and...well see for yourself." Activating it, she placed the disk on the table, stepping back as rhe hologram appeared. Werah looked at it, trying to figure out the pattern that it displayed. Squares and dots were scattered everywhere, seemingly random. But one part of this mess stood out. A clearly labeled triangle, saying the words "Entry point 1". Interesting, but it makes no sense, thought Werah. Suddenly, he had an idea. Switching his goggles to Gamma Mode, Werah looked over the map again. A faint trail of purple lines was visible, leading from one dot to the next. And Inscribed at the bottom was the words, The Map of Kuret Anseron, Dread Pirate. Surprised, he told Alky what he had seen. "What! Darth Kuret was a super wealthy pirate overloard, but the Gulag plague destroyed his business. He had millions of credits, and ancient artifacts from the dawn of time! But when he vanished, his treasure disappeared too. If he hid it somewhere..." Alky trailed off, looking wistful. "So, we should look into this?", replied Werah. "You should", she corrected, "I'm far too busy to go treasure hunting...but tell me if you find anything" Smiling, she tossed Werah the disk, and left.

Confused was rather an understatement for Werah Unon right now, but he was set on figuring out the 'map'. After staring at it blankly for a while, he suddenly had an idea. His master, [member="Acaleus Thorn"] might be able to help...grappling the disk, he rushed off...

"Is the supplies ready?" "I bought everything yesterday Acaleus, enough for three trips" said Venus. He had enough money to retire but he didnt even think about it. His life was about having the excitement of fighting, of bleeding, of getting hurt. His next travel was going to be on the Jedi/Sith battle, without knowing if helping one or fighting both. Just the thought of that make him smile "Maybe im becoming mad" thought while strechting his arms to the sides.

Before he depart, Acaleus sensed a known life force approaching to the hangar and turned to see Werah running towards him "Long time no see Werah. I will guess you have a request" said expecting the answer of the neophyte.

[member="Werah Unon"]

"Acaleus! You need to see this!", Werah said hurriedly, obviously excited. He showed Acaleus the disk, saying, "It's a map, leading to somewhere! Me and Alky...we found it." Werah pressed the button, activating the map. It hung in the air, shining blue. "Can you take a closer look at it?"
[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

The assassin raised his eyebrow a little surprised, but curious about the 'map'. He walked around investigating the details "YO VENUS!" "WHAT?!" "BRING MY EQUIPMENT!" in a moment the pilot came with a black bag yawning "I will have my payback jackass" said as she gave the bag to Acaleus and went back to the ship. She was probably being watching a movie, she gets very mad when someone interrumpt her.

Acaleus took out sun glasses and wear them "It can show me all the visible and invisible spectrum...Also makes me look cool" he red the hole inscription and whistle "Would you look at that. Do you know that this could be a trap right? Maybe thiefs trying to ambush idiots who go find this mysterious treasure...But this was a lot of work. Why creating something like this just to attract travellers? They could just talk about it in a bar and get everyone attention...What do you think?" asked while finishing all of the brainstorm

[member="Werah Unon"]

"Yeah, I thought that first too. But heck, even if a fraction of his treasure remains, whoever found it would be rich beyond their wildest dreams..." Werah trailed off, thinking. "I think we should investigate this. Sure, it may be a trap, but we can handle it." Pointing to the marked triangle on the map, Werah spoke again, "This here, Entry Point 1. I think I know where it is." Taking a deep breath, he turned to face Acaleus, "Back on Halm , there was an old temple. It was said to contain the entrance point to a hidden hyperspace lane. This could be what we're looking for..."

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

He scratch his head while listening to Werah. His explanation was complete and precise so Acaleus was more confidance "This could be interesting. Just for be sure, bring all your weaponry with you. I have a ship to travel, just guide my pilot and we while arrive as quick as possible" said pointing out the AT-120 behind him "Ready to leave?"

[member="Werah Unon"]

-Part 2-

Halm, Temple of the Sun​

The AT-120 landed, disturbing the ancient sand that lay there. Rushing out, Werah landed in the sand, taking in the surroundings. His master, [member="Acaleus Thorn"] came over, standing beside him. Desert as far as the eye could see. This was a desolate world. Spotting the yellow spires of the temple, he pointed at it. "There. The Temple of the Sun. Belonged to a long-dead faction of worshippers." His goggles kept the sand out of his eyes, as he set off towards it. Walking beside him, Acaleus nodded. Soon they arrived at the Temple, it's gleaming golden walls shining in the harsh sunlight. "Well...shall we go in?"

He took his gear and walked out of the ship "Venus, take care of it and keep a check on the radar for foes" "Alright, just let me watch my program please. The new season is out today" said laying on the couch. Acaleus wore his wrist lightsaber and a Skorpion Evo, taking out two bags with supplies on it "We should be careful of traps" said putting on his hood. He didnt liked the sun or the sand, but bussiness were bussiness "Lets get going said walking towards the temple, letting the force channels open against any danger that could happen

[member="Werah Unon"]

Werah walked up to the temple door, and placed his hand against it. Closing his eyes, he felt the door with the force. He softly spoke the code word, told to him many years ago, when he was training with the sith. The doors creaked open, revealing a dark hallway. They stepped inside, checking for traps. Werah took a few steps in, and then jumped back, as a hidden blaster shot out. Dropping to the ground, he erected a force barrier, just in time to block the next shot. Behind him, Acaleus shot the blaster, and it exploded in a puff of black smoke. "That was too close for comfort", said Werah, dropping the shield. "We shoul-" He stopped suddenly, and ignited his lightsaber, quickly deflecting a bolt from his right. He ran forward, Deflecting and dodging, and using a barrier when necessary. He was tiring quickly, but the end was in sight- a second gold door. Diving towards it, he put up his shield. Looking over his shoulder, he checked how Acaleus was doing...

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Acaleus got angry very quickly as he sensed a blaster impact from the side to the bag on his back. He raised his hands without turning his lightsabers "Stop!" said launching a large force shield of his arms. The bolts stopped firing from the walls without having an exit, making them explode. Acaleus kneel himself taking out the bag "Damn man. My food!" said with a burned piece of cloth that was still smoking "At least my gun didnt take the same hit as this" said throwing it to the wall and lighting up his wrist lightsaber and walking to Werah keeping the force shield up and less. He noticed he was tired "Next time dont force it. It will be easier for you" said stopping inside the new room.

[member="Werah Unon"]

They stepped through the door, into the mext room. It was huge, arching walls, pillars and a gilded ceiling. But Werah didn't pay any attention to that. He was focused on the central dais, a single plinth set in the center. Atop it lay a holocron, unlike any Werah had seen before. It was perfectly circular, and glowed yellow. Werah began to wonder what they were getting themselves into. They walked closer, looking for any more traps. A large blaster suddenly opened up on the ceiling, and begin laying down machine gun fire. Werah deflected a few bolts, and got his barrier up, but it was losing strength. Acaleus was shooting it, but it seemed to be moving around on rails, dodging the shots. Werah's shield gave out, and a bolt hit him in the arm, knocking him off his feet. A lucky shot from Acaleus destroyed the blaster, and Werah pulled himself up. The blaster had injured him, but it was not too serious. Talking to Acaleus, Werah said, "Do you think we can just take the holocron?"

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Acaleus kept his Skorpion away and draw the ligthsaber again "I could raise it but dont know what others dangers could follow" said getting close to the holocron "I wouldnt be surprised that it had a bomb, let me check something first" he got his left hand close to the table and closed his eyes. This was a trick he learned to steal candys from his owner when he was a slave. Small force vibrations to know what was inside boxes or drawers. Apparently it was a normal furniture "Alright be ready for anything" once he lift the holocron, the floor got lower showing another trap "Explosive or maybe the ceiling falling said running away and pushing Werah to the exit.

[member="Werah Unon"]

Werah ran through the exit, his arm aching. He was too exhausted to keep up a barrier, but he managed to deflect all the shots fired at him, as they ran through the dark corridor. Pressing against the door, Werah quickly spoke the code word, pushed open the door, and ran as fast as he could, away from the temple. Now nearly back at the ship, Werah turned and looked back at the temple. The walls had begun to turn red, and the tips of the spires fell off. Looking closer, he saw that missile launchers were appearing where the spires had been. Panicking, he dashed into the ship, closely followed by Acaleus. "Go, go, go!", he shouted to Acaleus's pilot. Suddenly, the missile launchers turned and pointed at the ship...

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Acaleus saw the missile launcher moving in direction of them "Venus! Turn on the weapons!" "It will take a moment" said the pilot trying to keep her cool "We dont have one!" that kind of fire power could easily destroy the ship and turning them into corpses "Werah put your ass in the cannon controllers!" said going to the hangar of the ship. He climbed up into the roof of the ship and collected all the force in his hands. Stopping the shots would be suicide and wouldnt work but diverting them away could.

The ship began to fly and a few missile were already in the air. Acaleus used the force to strap his feet to the ship, avoiding to fall to the ground. Just when a missile was getting closer, Acaleus raised his hands and divert the bullet. He had to do it several times and he was almost dizzy for the effort

[member="Werah Unon"]

Werah quickly fired up the cannons, trying to shoot down as many missiles as he could. While partially successful, Werah had never used this kind of weapon before, and more than half of the missiles got past him. Luckily for them, Acaleus was managing to deflect the remaining ones, but he seemed to be tiring, and one of the next missiles only just turned away from them. They had to get out of here, fast. The missiles weren't going to stop, but the ship began to take off, cannons pounding. More launchers swivelled round, and Werah could hardly shoot them down fast enough. Werah knew that Acaleus couldn't keep it up any longer, but the missiles were nearly on them. Suddenly, with a burst of speed, the ship zoomed off, escaping the missiles. They could rest during the journey back to Roon, and take a closer look at the holocron then. Werah slid away from the controls, and sat down, exhausted...
[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

-End of Part 2-​

-Part 3-
Roon, Obsidian Citadel​

Werah stepped out of the ship, refreshed after their rest. Taking the holocron, he walked through to the laboratory, Acaleus following him. Carefully setting it down on the table, Werah asked Acaleus, "So, how do these things work again?"

Acaleus patched his wounds with a bandage cloth efficiently enough against infections. A fine trick he learned in his years as a slave gladiator "This kind of things dont usually have a key to enter. It needs a force user to open it or a robot that knows how to. Either way i cant do that right now" said having to lay on the wall "If i use the force again i will throw up" said feeling weak. He didnt like being weak and defendless.

[member="Werah Unon"]

"Well, I'll have a go then", said Werah, though he wasn't in much better shape than Acaleus. He reached out with the force, examining the holocron. Improvising, he spoke the code word that had gotten them into the temple. Nothing happened. Checking again, he searched the holocron for any clue. Still nothing. He tried thinking the code word, layering the thought with the force. Something clicked in his mind, and the information rushed in. "The Asertu System? Never heard of it. Still that seems to be where this hyper lane will lead us.", said Werah dizzy from using the holocron. "Good news, we can enter it just near Roon. If we take your ship, we can enter it soon."
[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

"Fine by me" said standing still with his bones hurting "I will charge you the next visit to the doctor. Yo Venus" "Please i just arrived to the hairdressing" "Blame Werah" "Im going to kill that moth..." the communication was interrupted by Acaleus "Lets get going then" said walking to the spaceport. The ship didnt had any damage so Venus only had to fill the fuel with a mad expression on her face.

[member="Werah Unon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom