Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Pathway of the Mystics

Status
Not open for further replies.
image0.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
HYPERLANE INFORMATION
  • Hyperlane Name: Pathway of the Mystics
  • Hexes Crossed: 16 hexes
  • Starting Hex: Three possible starting points
    • Metellos Hex
    • Jedha Hex
    • Ilum Hex
  • Ending Hex: Three possible ending points
    • Metellos Hex
    • Jedha Hex
    • Ilum Hex
  • Route Points:
    • Metellos
    • Jedha
    • Ilum
    • Chaldea
HYPERLANE CHARACTERISTICS
  • Speed: Very Fast
    • Since the Hyperlane is a straight-shot between the three planets of Metellos, Ilum, and Jedha, not much redirection is needed. You can put the pedal to the floor and get there in no time.
  • Accessibility:
    • Very Unknown. The route was last documented with usage nearly two thousand years ago. It has only recently been rediscovered.
    • Much like the Metellos-Ilum Hyperspace Route, force-sensitives were the only people that have the ability to travel the route. It took an advanced set of skills that only these people could posses. While the path connects light-sided planets, Sith were still able to use the route for their own travel.
  • Route Hazards: With little knowledge about the route, there are many hazards that have come into play on this Hyperlane.
    • Large Asteroid Fields
      • With the shifting of small planets and large masses of rock in the last 2,000 years, asteroid fields now populate big sections of the route. With careful calculation they can be bypassed, but it is a tricky and risky maneuver.
    • Purrgil Colonies
      • Around 300 years ago, a lone Purrgil colony migrated its way along the Ilum to Jedha section of the route. While not a direct danger to pilots traveling the Hyperlane, Purrgils can still be an issue to ships crossing their path.
    • Scouts from the Brotherhood of the Maw
      • With Maw forces fast approaching from the Unknown Regions, the risk of running it then is high. While traveling from Ilum to Jedha, it is suggested that you don’t exit hyperspace at all, or you may run into Maw ships.
    • Small black hole near Wizar II
      • Somewhere along the last 340 years a small Star near the planet Wizar II collapsed, forming into a black hole. While this could be avoided with a slight change in course, the black hole has pulled pilots out of Hyperspace. Lots of caution should be used on this section of the route.
  • Rest Stops:
    • The only rest stop on this route is a recently added one. Chaldea provides a spot for travelers to stop and refuel, as this is on the largest stretch of the route. While the government of the planet doesn’t know about the Hyperlane itself, they are still more than happy to provide service to Jedi that travel the path.
    • The route was meant to be a secretive, straight shot path between the planets of Metellos, Jedha, and Ilum. Only ships freighter size or up were meant to travel the route, making fuel stops unneeded. If a ship were to run out of fuel while traveling along the Hyperlane, they would have very little help, since the path is known only by Jedi.
DESCRIPTION
Two thousand years ago, the Pathway of the Mystics was the main Hyperlane used by light siders. Forming a large triangle, the route would lead them to the planets of Metellos, Jedha, and Ilum, all heavily attuned to the light side of the force. This route was created to provide a straight-shot path for these light siders to get to these planets.

During these ancient times, light siders would use this route to link up with others that lived and operated on these planets. Temples were set up on each of the planets provided a place to teach the next generation of students. The Hyperlane was used frequently and was known all throughout the Jedi orders.

When the long past Jedi-Sith War was fought, the route became a dangerous place to travel on. Sith occupied the Core Worlds, meaning that passage on this Hyperlane became far too dangerous. Jedi starfighters and cruisers would get frequently attacked, left in pieces to float in space. Soon thereafter, the route was forgotten about, lost to time.

Now, two thousand years later, the Jedi Knight Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei has rediscovered the route after translating an ancient Jedi textbook detailing many Hyperlanes that Jedi used. The book gave a small, yet detailed, description of the route. Personally traveling to the location and traveling the route itself, the Knight found that the Hyperlane was a crucial connection to the Galactic Alliance’s outer territory. While only force-sensitives could travel on it, the discovery was still huge.

Now that the planets have shifted over the course of time, the planet of Chaldea has now aligned with the route. While the planet has remained neutral from the Alliance, they still offer their services to any travelers that may arrive. This makes a perfect spot to rest and refuel on the longest stretch of the Hyperlane.

Though this is a very resourceful find for the Galactic Alliance, it comes with a very dangerous risk as well. With the Brotherhood of the Maw now closing in on Alliance territory, the route is now a hazard. If it were to be discovered, it would give the Maw a quick and easy path to the Core World of Coruscant. It will take much time before the route can become properly and fully secured by the Alliance. Hopefully the force will be on their side.

Last edited:
Under Review Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

This is a simple, straightforward submission, and it looks like it hits everything it needs to. I like your use of prior Legends information about a Jedi-scouted Metellos to Ilum hyperspace route to ground this in Star Wars lore. I'd go ahead and add the Metellos-Ilum hyperspace route article under Links, since this technically builds the two routes to Jedha onto that, unless you have an objection. In the Legends article, it notes that only a Force-sensitive pilot could make the Metellos to Ilum direct hyperjump. Do you intend to keep that part of the route's lore?

You could also expand a couple of sections a bit, though this is not required for approval. I'd love to hear more about the black hole near Wizar II and the kind of dangers it poses. Does its mass shadow pull ships with slight astrogation errors out of hyperspace, for example? You also mention asteroids and purrgil; do they often interdict the route, causing realspace reversion, or would you only notice them if you came to a stop on your own? Is the lane difficult to navigate, or pretty much a straight shot once you know it's there?

Rest Stops asks "Are safe ports frequent, or are there long lonely stretches between fuel stations and waypoint markers?" Each leg of the hyperlane is pretty long, and so I'm guessing the latter. What happens to ships that run out of fuel, or run into trouble along the way? Again, not required, but I think it'd help flesh out the feel of the hyperlane.

If you go ahead and add the link, and consider the other additions, I'll put my trainee approval on this and we can kick it over for secondary approval. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

The Mongrel The Mongrel

Alright, so a couple of edits have been made.

First off, I didn't even know the Metellos-Ilum hyperlane was a thing! Kinda odd I guess. I added it into the links regardless. I also went ahead and added the part about only for each-sensitized could travel it, and info regarding that.

Next, I expanded a lot on the dangers of the hyperlane. Thank you for your suggestion on that, becuase I think it made the route a whole lot better.

Finally, I went ahead and expanded more on the Chaldea rest stop and why it is the only one on the route.

Thanks again for taking the time to judge this and help me flesh this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom