Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Passage to a bunch of ruins

Dired wakes up again and goes to the cockpit to inspect the travel time. The light of the hyperspace travel was beautiful. In a way it was mesmerizing, almost like a hypnosis spell.

Eventually they were launched from hyperspace and into an interesting space sector.

He didn’t know how and he didn’t know when but the ruins of a giant space station appeared from nowhere. In legend there was a sith that rebelled against his own kind, and destroyed them by attacking the legendary star forge. The ruins suggested just that. Most of it was destroyed, creating an impossibly circle of metallurgic garbage. But overtime the ruins of it’s command center became compacted together to form a new deformed space station that behaved like a monster.

Dired smiled proudly at it as he said "We’re here."

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

Gwyn smiled as they came across the planet, then frowned. It was... ruins. Ruins. It reminded her too much of home. She bit her lip, turning and jumping into the cockpit, "Yeah. We're here. Where do you want to land?"

She shook her head. She was so lost. And she had just gotten her mind off of her troubles. She gripped the steering controls as she lowered the ship down into the atmosphere. Was there any hope? Was there any escape? Was there any freedom? Was there any justice? She sighed, looking over the space station and looking for where Dired might want her to land.

"Say," She asked her new acquaintance, "Do you have the money you need for that arm?"

Dired Mieflow Dired Mieflow

Dired smiled brilliantly at the ruins. In a moment he then spotted a flashing light by one of the landing docks.

"When my arm was cut off my mechanic found me in a trash heap in the lower levels of Coruscant. He wanted to try experimental prosthetic technology on me. I gladly accepted it because why not? We also made a deal that since it was experimental it'd be free for any kind of repair."

He then pointed towards the flashing light.

"Land over there. And before you go I think I am going to need your services for another trip. If you bring me to Coruscant I'll pay one thousand credits for both transportations." he said as he walked back into the living space.

Gwyn blinked, focusing on landing but considering the proposition given. One thousand credits? For another trip? Was she willing to go to Coruscant during such troubling times? She activated the landing gear and landed the ship expertly in the hanger. As she went through the proper and needed procedures, she wondered what this situation was turning into. It was not like she did not trust this man, but her emotions were running haywire. At least, the deal seemed very good for her.

For a moment, she remained in the hanger. She lifted a finger and tapped her lips. She was very willing to go through with another trip. Problem was, would she be able to harness her emotions properly this time? With a sigh, she stood up and walked out. Inside the gloomy hanger, she was unlikely to see the ruins outside. That was good. Ruins only reminded her too much of the reason she was not maintaining a stable engineering job on her homeworld right now.

She lowered the ramp and allowed the doorway to open. As smoke swirled, she stepped down and looked around. She then looked up to see if Dired would follow.

Dired casually bounced out of the ship and stepped onto the ground. He had his helmet on, so any signs of toxic air would be useless against him. As he walked out a droid came out from a hiding place. Under his helmet Dired smiled.

TW-II was a humanoid droid originally intended for ambassador work. But his A-I proved too complex and one night he escaped from a senator's clutches. Over the years he learned the craft of prosthesis mechanics, eventually becoming a master in the craft. He was a very dark silver, almost black, with blue eyes that told unique stories on their own.

As he approached he stretched his arms out wide "Dired! Glad you made it okay!" he hugged the young Mandalorian.

Dired hugged with his one good arm "No thanks to you! I swear you only make this thing easier to break."

"Oh hush! With the technology here I should be able to give it a substantial upgrade! So no need to fret now." as he turned he spotted Gwyneria "Oh hello! And who are you?"

Gwyn could not help but smile watching some kind of friendship play out before her. She felt wistful, yearning for something she could never have. As she was turned to, she smiled to the droid shyly, "I'm Gwyneira Craft, a spacecraft engineer and odd job worker."

She offered her hand out in a handshake.

~~~​

Meanwhile, inside the ship, Mini slipped into Gwyn's private quarters. What was he doing in there? He rummaged through her things, as if looking for something.

"Nice to meet you Gwyneria! I am TW-II. I am this dumbasses mechanic and only friend." he extended his arms for a hug. He embraced her awkwardly before letting go "Come, if you love technology, then this engineering miracle will impress the lights out of you!" he then turned and walked further into the ruins.

Dired turned to Gwyn and said "Come if you'd like, I personally would like a ship waiting for me. I won't stop you though. The stuff TW does is borderline magic." He turns and follows TW further into the ruins. If she left him on those ruins, boy would he have a hard time getting out. He liked Tw, but the thought of being stuck with him disturbed him.

After being very uncomfortable with a hug, Gwyn watched the interactions play out. She blinked, curiosity causing a small smile to tug at her lips. She shrugged, "Sure, I do love technology."

She followed the two into the ruins. Looking around, however, she shuddered at how close this felt to home. Buildings she grew up thinking would eternally stand the way they always had - demolished. People she grew up knowing, mostly people who hated her but some who were nice - slaughtered. Livelihoods, jobs, stability, and normality - burnt until they were nothing but ashes. Glancing around with wide, darting eyes, she expected enemies to bolt out, ready to kill anyone and everyone. She bit her lip, forcing herself not to whimper as she followed the Mandalorian and eccentric droid deeper and deeper into a nightmarish memory lane.

~~~​

Mini finally found it! He pulled the item out and chirped a bit, turning and rolling out into the living quarters. What was he planning?

Dired followed TW further into the ruins. They were sprawling with dead technology and painful memories. As they all walked TW told the story of how Darth Revan turned against his apprentice after he himself was betrayed. He then told of how the starforge was once one of the pivotal pieces in winning the great sith war way back in the day. Eventually they all found the center of the forge, the place where Dired's arm would be prepared.

"Here we are! Now Dired just place your arm on that table and we will begin." TW then waddled over to a control panel as Dired rolled up the sleeve of his armor.

His arm was slick in it's black paint, as well as the slim red lines that lined the edges of the mechanical arm. As TW started up the magnificent forge, Dired sucked through his teeth.

Ah, yes, betrayal and battles and great wars. More reasons to loathe the Sith. Gwyn rolled her eyes at it all as the droid eventually started working on Dired's arm. She was more than happy to focus her engineering knowledge and nerdiness into the arm. She leaned in closely and inspected every detail she could soak in. The arm's many intricate workings and how the droid effortlessly worked on it. Gwyn frequently pointed and asked questions with bright, irisless eyes. She was completely smiling, lost in her element and happy to stay there. No wars, no Sith, no Jedi, no nothing. Nothing but the technology and art that she was so happy to spend long periods of time indulging in.

~~~​

Mini rolled up to where he had noticed the guest sleeping so many times. With nothing but a mechanical shrug, he dropped the object into the floor with a thud.

TW finished operating on his arm. With a violent shock, the nerves in Dired's stump connected with the intricate wires of the arm. He opened and closed his fist multiple times. He then gave his arm a couple of swings and smashed down into the work site. It worked like a charm as always. As usual each movement he made with his arm was like a monster moving it's tail.

"Ahhh, you know just how to make em T." Dired said, happily putting on his armor.

"That should reduce the amount of short circuits. It should also be more durable now. Don't want any jedi or sith slicing through that thing easily!" TW said with a vast amount of charm

Dired held out his hand to TW "Thanks T, I'll call you when I break it again." He chuckled as he shook the droid's hand.

"Anyways, I should be going now. I have to make a very important deal in the Inner rim. Near the ruins of alderaan." TW said, packing his things. He then made a bow to Gwyn. "Take care of yourself, you have a bright future ahead of you." TW left to go further into the ruins, never to be seen for a long time.

Dired turned to Gwyn and asked "Should we get going? I know the way back."

Gwyn turned to Dired happily and nodded. She motioned for Dired to lead the way with a bit of a smirk, "After you."

As they walked back, Gwyn continued to feel discomforted by the ruins surrounding them. She shivered, hugging herself and fidgeting as her anxiety only was getting worse. She needed to get out of here. Walking hastily, trying to outrun the memories, Gwyn spoke, "Let's hurry. Please."

She really was in no mood for any more causes of stress, or emotions, or sadness. Or anything.

~~~​

Mini turned, satisfied, and left the room. Slipping to the back of the ship, he left a lightsaber laying on the floor, near where Dired would surely chose to sleep once again...

Dired nodded and hurried back to the ship. If he still had time he could make it back to Coruscant and deliver the bounty before that planet’s nightfall.

Through weaving tunnels and treacherous gaps the two returned to the ship. As Gwyn made her way to the cockpit, Dired returned to the living room.

However, as he began to sleep again, his eyes passed over a peculiar object, it couldn’t be….he sat up and looked to where a beautiful lightsaber was. He carefully picked it up, and ignited it. It was crimson red just like his. That meant this girl knew how to bleed a kyber Crystal.

Should he tell her about this? If so how would she even react? He had to tell her the truth, the last thing he needed was an untrained force user on his trail, especially when he was on her ship. He carefully set the lightsaber down on the table in front of him, where he found it.

Carefully he shouted "Hey Gwyn! I think you might have misplaced something! I found this when I came back here."

Gwyn had slipped into the cockpit and was taking off. In the corner, Mini was acting more... invasive than usual. The droid that usually kept to himself, pushing.

"You're a Force user. You have evidence. What if that brings trouble?"

Gwyn sighed, "Dired seems like a decent guy, Mini. I think I can trust him."

"But what if you can't? Remember he said he had a master?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"
Gwyn groaned, really not in the mood, "Of course I'm wary, but he has done nothing to warrant suspicion."

"I saw his eyes, Gwyneira. They can glow yellow."

Gwyn froze midway tapping some buttons for a moment. She froze, then continued to tap buttons.

"Mine have done that too."

"Gwyneira-"

"Enough!"
Gwyn turned, throwing an arm and hissing, "I think I can trust him! So shut up and stay out this!"

The droid turned its head then looked back, "Too late."

Butterflies flared in Gwyn's stomach, "What did you-"

"-Hey Gwyn! I think you might have misplaced something! I found this when I came back here."

Gwyn froze. Mini fell silent and Gwyn immediately could tell - Mini has planted something. Likely her lightsaber. Her anxiety roared. Heart pounding and sweat dripping, her hands shook on the ship's steering stick. She was stuck. Mini was acting out in his own way, thinking that exposing any secrets would help. She sighed, feeling very uncertain and uncomfortable. What was going to happen outside this room now? Could she truly trust Dired?

She truly wanted to. She was desperate for some kind of friend.

Fingers trembling, she sent the ship speeding into hyperspace. She arose jerkily from her seat and stormed out, pointing and glaring at Mini, "Take over. No more trouble."

As she left, she struggled to control her body. Shaking, she fidgeted wildly with her hands. She bit her lip, causing it to bleed. Step by step, she came closer to the living quarters. What was going to happen in there? Would Dired truly be someone trustworthy? They were literally in hyperspace, alone together in a freighter. If they were to at all reach the dreadful conclusion of fighting, would she be forced to fight? She truly, deeply, hoped not.

She entered the room, tightly gripping her hands and fidgeting wildly. She had to force her clamy hands down to her sides. Indeed, lying on the table was her lightsaber. She heard her heart pounding in her head. She sucked her swollen, bloody bottom lip.

"Yeah. That's mine. An acolyte tried to killed me, but I defeated him and took his lightsaber. He got electrocuted in some wires, good riddance."

Her voice, despite the obvious fear, had traces of bitterness inside. Gwyn looked up to Dired, still desperately hoping despite all the evidence. She finally added, "I fought a Sith once, it was terrifying. It was more like me running and having to spring a trap than some kind of epic duel." She carefully worded this, "I don't want to ever go through an ordeal like that again."

Dired sighed "I get the sense that your droid is looking out for your protection. And I guess I have something to admit."

In a singular motion he whipped out his lightsaber and turned it on. It flowed with the red crimson that comes from bleeding a kyber crystal. He then turned it off, as if it was harmless.

As he sheared it and put it in away "When i was younger me and my master got into an argument about traditions of the sith. It ended with me without an arm and him dead. Since then I haven’t been sith in any sense of the word except for powers and abilities. I assure you, I mean you no harm, or any harm to the galaxy. In fact in a way I don’t care what other people do with their lives, I’m just trying to forget the father I lost to the sith tradition."

He put his hands up calmly, trying to appear as harmless as possible.

Well. Wow.

How... unsettling.

Gwyn blinked, wide eyed and fearful. Her heart was beating against her chest so hard, she felt like it was going to burst out. She was shaking. As he lifted his hands, appearing harmless, memories screamed in her mind. The Sith killing civilians, the Sith cruelly attacking her world. The Sith Acolyte that relentlessly chased her through a ruined shipyard, until she was forced to kill him. Could she trust Dired?

Looking back on all their conversations, she could feel the heartache. She could tell that his heart was broken by the Sith. He lost his father to them, like she lost her mother. He had agreed that the cycle was terrible, like she believed it was.
At the same time, he had lied to her. He had outright covered information and completed cloaked important facts. Now that, that was a cause for concern. Was Mini right? Yet, she was sure there must be a reason why. He had never done anything to hurt her. He always gave her a choice on this line of work, he followed her rules, and he was actually a nice person to her. She was so conflicted...

Of course, there was the other glaring matter. They were stuck on a ship together flying through the isolation of hyperspace. They were stuck together, whether she liked it or not.

Gwyn sighed, reaching up and wiping the sweat from her pale face. She had made her decision. She looked up to Dired and nodded.

"I'll trust you on this. Just- just don't go pulling any Sith sorceries on my ship..."

She realized that probably came off as too aggressive and looked to him with an apologetic expression, "-I mean! You have been a wonderful guest, you haven't broken anything. I don't think you would."

Another shiver caused her body to vibrate. This anxiety was killing her. Without completely taking her attention off him, she half turned towards the door, "I-I like you. You're a nice guy. So, um. Just-just do your thing. We'll be to Coruscant shortly."

She fled the room, gasping in relief as the door closed behind her. As the memory of being chased knocked on her mind's door, she outright ran to the cockpit. As she rushed over to her seat, she fixed Mini with a hard glare before sitting down and starting to cry. She cried like that lost child she was.

Dired sighed and slumped back into his seat. If that damned droid hadn’t done anything he’d be free of his….guilt. He then heard crying in the other room, most likely Gwyn’s soft moans.

He let the sound play for thirty minutes before getting up with a groan. Dired strode over to the cockpit and opened the door to find the astromech guarding Gwyn. He put out a calming hand and sat next to her in the co pilot seat.

"I’m sorry that I kept that side a secret. I sensed the force in you and I feared for my safety. Me and my master are always grouped in the idea that sith are purely bad. We imagined that our empire would be built on exploiting the Jedi’s need for control with peaceful protesting and rhetoric spreading. Me and my master were sith in the sense we rejected the Jedi’s teachings and kept the rule of two. So you can imagine the kind of segregation I’d face if I went public about me being sith. I’m sorry for what happened to your mother. It was horrible, and it never should have happened. But…I believe in you is a force for change. You just have to find the will to make that change. First you just have to begin with yourself."

Dired sighed again and continued "If you’d like I can travel with you. I can help you control the force within you. And maybe we can heal your kyber Crystal and make it stop bleeding."

Gwyn sniffled, wiping her eyes clear and leaning her head against the seat. Mini protested at Dired's entrance, and protested even more when she showed zero signs of fight in her. Gwyneira seldom slept, and she was exhausted. Too exhausted to fight, just listen.

Dired had too logical and understandable of a point. He would obviously face horrendous mistreatment for his former life as a Sith - and Gwyn was sadly proof of that. It made too much sense. At least Dired could hide his ugly side. Gwyn was a half breed who had been rejected by her father's race for being an abomination. She had the perfect mixture of Arkanian and Human traits, her ugly was unconcealable.

Slumping in her seat, the girl sighed. What about Dired's offer? She was far from trusting enough to let someone affiliated with the Sith at a point to stay on her ship, her safe place, for such a long period of time. As much as the promise of a companion was pleasant - heck, even with how handsome he was - she could not trust him. Yet. That did not mean, however, that she did not care.

The promise of teaching was awfully tempting still. To learn to harness this power she had... To make sense of this vague entity that apparently guided the entire universe in war,it sounded nice.
Gwyn gulped and swallowed. She spoke, "Maybe one lesson, before we make it to Coruscant. One lesson would be a good start."

Dired nodded and gestured for her to take a meditative position on the floor.

"The most important thing to understand about the force is that it is apart of you and you are apart of it. Because of this, it is easy to lose yourself in its power and lose your humanity. You need to be able to keep your individuality as you use it. You need to recognize that the force is around everything and in you, you apart of the scene and you are the scene. Like a farmer looking at a river."

He recites the lessons his master taught him way back in the day, they worked for him and they should work for her.

Gwyn gulped, standing up and sitting down across from him, mimicking his meditative position. Losing her humanity to the Force? It sounded like a fate worse than death. Her dyed hair and gothic clothes probably gave away her sense of individuality enough. She nodded firmly. Of course, she had never meditated before. What was she supposed to do? Still, she was used to a schooling system of listening to long lectures and only bringing questions in at the end of class. She silently listened, intently focused and engaged in the lesson at hand.

Her hands were still shaking, even as she tried her best to keep her meditative stance loose and calm. She still was able to focus despite her anxiety. In fact, this lesson was drawing her away from her anxiety.

[I[So we are all a part of the Force, but still individual. Like mechanical parts connecting together to form a ship. If one part of the ship is lost, the entire vehicle is doomed. Yet, parts of the ship like holograms and guns, are unique and to themselves. As we are meant to be with the Force. To keep my humanity as a Force user, I have to remember who I am and not follow the Force blindly.[/I]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom