Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Passage to a bunch of ruins

Tatooine

Dired walked about Moss Eisley as the twin suns began to set on the planet of Tatooine. The extreme heat that had defeated Dired twice in his monthly stay on the planet always cooled down to comfortable temperatures. Eventually he found himself in the usual motions of going to the starport to try and hitch a ride on an independent vessel.

His helmet didn't give away the attitude in his face that dusk. That was one of the only things that made him proud to be a mandalorian. The fact that he could wear a helmet most of the time and he wouldn't be judged for it. A part about himself that saved him more times than he can count.

Earlier that day he had been trading with Jawas (nasty little bastards) in hopes of purchasing cleaning oil for his arm. Then the tech in his arm malfunctioned and he got into a fight where he needed to fend off an army of the hooded creatures just so he could keep his mechanical arm in the socket. As it all happened slurs were thrown and he was chased down for the murders of three Jawas. So yeah, not really a good day.

He made his rounds around the star port. Waiting for a likely target to swindle to give him a ride. He made sure to keep his lightsaber hidden in his large black cloak of course.

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

Gwyneira Craft sighed, dusting sand off her clothes as she pulled herself out from under her ship. Her freighter was in solid shape, and she was happy to gaze upon her baby with pride. Of course, Tatooine's relentless sands made the ship impossible to clean, but the ship was working like a well oiled machine. As her astremech droid, Mini, took a bunch of tools back into the ship, Gwyn sat down with a huff atop a crate.
She thought things through. She would need a job soon. She had used the last of her spare credits to buy food and some mechanical stuff. As she sat on the crate, she tried to think through her options. Within the star port, parked and ready to go, she really did not want to take a job on Tatooine. She already took one job here. Never again.
Question was, what other options were there? She wanted off this sand rock. But she would need the credits for the next pit stop. And food. And a metal album she wanted.
What to do, what to do?
She shook her head, standing up and stretching. She would have to muse a little bit and think this through. Or, perhaps the answer would walk right up to her? Who knew?

Dired Mieflow Dired Mieflow

Dired paced the starport for a little while longer before spotting a woman by her star cruiser. He hides behind some barrels as he inspects her for a moment. Her hair was a platinum blonde and she was wearing a MV-18 Vambrace. And he could smell the force coming from her. It was a mixture of both light and dark sides. He didn't know what to do. Her starship seemed well suited to his needs. But what if she was a jedi in disguise. Well, a jedi in the outer rim. That'd be a risk he would be willing to take.

He dusted himself off and approached her. With his good hand he put up a calm gesture and said "Hello there. Are you the fine owner of this starship?"

Gwyn looked to see some random, cloaked man approaching her with a helmet on. She tilted her head, struggling to figure out what to do with this guy. She clenched and unclenched her fists for a moment, then tilted her head the other way. She looked him up and down. His demeanor was casual and indefensive. Loose and calm. He seemed to be no threat. She reached back and pushed some hair behind her ear,
"Yep. This freighter is my baby. Why do you ask?"

Yes! She didn’t suspect a thing. He ungloved his right arm and showed his mechanical arm malfunctioning.
"I don’t have enough money for my own star cruiser, and after I contacted my mechanic he told me to meet in a place that’s in the middle of space. I was hoping to board your ship and get passage to the coordinates?"

He then pulls out a device that pinpoints the exact coordinates on the galaxy map. The coordinates belong to the ruins of the ancient star forge.

"It’s just a simple and fast trip, in and out." he said, almost believing it.

Last edited:
A job? That involved getting off this rock? Yes!

Gwyn smiled, nodding, "I believe I can do that, yes. But I will need to lay out some rules for my ship."

Ah, yes. Her baby. Her beautiful ship.

"Stay out of my quarters, that's my personal space. Feel free to help yourself to any food, but please only take what's needed. I'm on a budget. Don't touch my stuff, no vandalism. And please, be gentle with Mini. He's a bit skittish with new people."

Gwyn folded her arms, businesslike and firm. Yet, she wore a pleasant and even excited smile as well, "I believe I can take you to your destination for, mm, let's say five hundred credits. I need the funds for the costs of transporting you, plus more for my own needs. But you're in a bad spot yourself, so I'm trying not to demand too much. Sounds good?"

F-five hundred credits? That’d be most of the money in his pocket. But he does need to get his arm fixed. Plus he will get payed back that much when he turns in the bounty.

"Sounds like a plan! Can we leave this rock now? I can’t stand the heat any longer."

He made a step towards the ship, but he waited for the woman to enter first so as to seem polite.

"Dired Mieflow, likewise." he extended his hand and shook hers. He hoped she couldn’t sense the dark side within him. That would end badly for everyone.

He entered the ship after her. It was quite cozy, more so from the outside. He was reminded of a picture he had seen of the millennium falcon years back, a ship that was similar in shape to this one.

He took a sandwich out of the fridge and began to eat it after his helmet was off. Thankfully his eyes were their natural Light Green. He’d hate to use the force on this voyage. He then spotted an astromech staring at him. That must have been Mini.

He began to sleep in his cloak as they began to leave the star port.

Gwyn was happy to hop into the cockpit and start the engine. Her quest was likely safe in the back. Very likely eating some of her food. She sighed and after getting all the safety procedures and precautions finished, took off. Ah, space. Space was a wonderful welcome after the harsh, bright deserts of Tatooine. She sighed and started clicking all the buttons she needed. Remembering toe coordinates from earlier, Gwyn sent the ship off into hyperspace. She leaned back, gazing at the blue lights, starts, and energy blazing past. She was always mesmerized by hyperspace travel. It was a gorgeous... She gazed off into the passing lights for a long while, before falling asleep in her seat...

~~~​

Mini slipped out from the corner of the room, watching the random stranger who took a sammich and fell asleep. He just kept watching, observing, for any signs of trouble.

~~~​

Gwyn squirmed in her seat, jerking around in her sleep. She grimaced, eyebrows narrowed. Sweat coated her skin and she moaned in terror. She was not sleeping well. Panic exploded inside. Harsh memories replayed in her young mind. She was reliving hell, and she was once again scared, chased, abandoned, caught in crossfires, forgotten, and alone... Oh. So alone.

"Get out of my sight! You were never my child and you never will be!"

She awoke with a scream, shooting out of her seat coated in cold sweat. Trembling, she lifted her hands and wiped her face. Rubbing her eyes, she panted heavily. Her life right now was hell, and it was all their faults! She bit her lip, angry and sorrowful. She turned and stormed out of the cock pit to do something else. Anything else. Something to keep her mind off of her life in ashes.

Dired was having his own nightmare. In an instant he was back at the battle with his master. He relived every gruesome detail, the argument leading up to it, the decapitation of his limb, the stabbing through the chest. And finally his masters corpse slouching on top of him. He was then suddenly awoken from a scream in the cockpit. Then Gwyn came storming out of the cockpit. Scared and angry, but what about?

"Are you okay?" Dired asked, half delirious "That scream was pretty loud."

He would then sit up in his seat. His helmet laid beside him. His eyes still the light green they were meant to be.

Gwyn paused as Dired asked of her well being. She stood frozen as the door closed behind her. She shuddered, heart pounding as she reached back and pulled her hood up for some kind of comfort. She sighed, slouching a bit. Mini rolled over to her and gently pushed against her leg. Gwyn gave the droid a patpat as she admitted to Dired, "A war hit my homeworld, completely demolished it. My mother died, and my father disowned me again. It was tough..."

She shook her head and wandered over to the food cupboard. She pulled out some food and shoved it into her mouth. As she gulped down the first bite, she put on a brave exterior, "But that is behind me now."

"Sorry, that must have been hard. I had it easy, I never knew my parents. My master just told me that he found me at the scene of a massacre and-" shit! What the hell. He revealed too much.

If this was a trap he was caught in it. He hoped she wouldn’t notice the detail about his master. That was the last thing he needed.

"What war hit your home world?" he asked, trying to divert the subject.

Gwyn raised an eyebrow. Master? That was... not promising. Still, this was her ship and she was in control. So far, Dired had been nothing but a good guest. She decided to ignore these details unless he showed hints of being a threat.

Gwyn looked down and watched her four digit claw hands. She clenched her hands and gritted her teeth, "It was those... those blasted Jedi and Sith! Karabast!" She hissed, "They came to my world! They invaded! They ruined everything! I was so close to my official engineering degree! I was so close to somehow doing something good in my life! But war! That stupid war! That pointless, endless cycle of monster Sith and oh so heroic Jedi fighting each other like they always did! What a bunch of poodoo! What a waste!"

Gwyn lifted an arm and slammed her fist into a wall. As Mini retreated from another one of her angst sessions, Gwyn lowered her head with a weak, shaky sigh, "I was only trying to survive, but I got attacked. I just-... I just lost everything. And those karabasting Force cultists are to blame."

Shit. She was a force wielder who hated both sides equally. Crap, why didn’t he choose another ship.

"That cycle of theirs creates nothing but death and destruction. One side leans on losing humanity while the other leans on creating destruction where they can. It’s wrong, horribly horribly wrong."

He clentched his fist, and held it to his mouth. Tears started to form in his eyes.

"It creates nothing but pain. And suffering. I lost my father (master) to that cycle. It ended horribly for everyone." The carefully picked words came cleanly out of his mouth. His master could be anyone now, independent from any sith or Jedi.

Gwyn nodded grimly, tears forming in her own eyes. Every word he said echoed the thoughts in her mind. That wretched cycle. She also learned that she was far from the only victim. She was talking to one right across from her. She could not help but feel comforted in that.

"I'm sorry about your father. Losing a parent is awful. I guess it proves the point, doesn't it? You're right, the cycle is terribly wrong. But how does a nobody like me stop it?"

She finished eating and turned around. Slumping down against the metal wall, she reached up and wiped her tears from her irisless eyes. "But you seem to understand where I'm coming from. I... I appreciate it. I'm not alone, and that's..." Well, she could not admit it felt good. Especially when she knew what it was like to lose a parent. She closed her eyes, leaning her head against the wall. "Well, misery loves company, right?"

"Sadly the galaxy was built on this cycle. For nobodies to stop it, it would take the efforts of so many different people who would need to reject the cycle." He says as he stares off into nothing "But, we can change the cycle. We can reject the old ideas they’ve established. It may be small, but at least it’s something."

He sighs, and he begins to contemplate his role in the force. As he closes his eyes he clutches his lightsaber under his cloak. His eyes go amber red under his eye lids, but as he opens them they go back to their normal green.

"But who am I to say anything on the cycle? I’m just a simple bounty hunter." He laughed, his eyes being a light green wonder.

Gwyn could not help but sense something... darker... it was like her bleeding lightsaber crystal, tucked away in her quarters. But it was different as well. She opened her eyes. Blank white met bright green. Both crying, both filled with confusion and loss.

"Yeah..."

Gwyn was lost. And Gwyn did not like being told she could do nothing about it. Sniffling, she stood up, "I'm going to do routine check ups and stuff, keep my baby in order." Engineering was Gwyn's passion and skill. Perhaps, checking around her ship would help her out, Without any other words, she left to do just that.

Dired nodded and let Gwyn do her business. Turns out there are more people who experienced the darker side of the cycle as well. He just hoped Gwyn wouldn’t cross blows with him. He believed the cycle could be changed, she wanted to break it. If she found out, how would she feel?

He noticed the droid was staring at him. He scowled angrily at it, accidentally flashing his amber eyes at it. He turned over and began to sleep again.

A little droid couldn’t do much harm, could it?

Mini squeaked a bit and turned around, leaving the room. Had he noticed or not? Did he care? Who knew...

~~~​

Gwyn had spent perhaps hours working on the mechanical stuff in the data storage room. She was lost in the engineering and smoothly working with the machinery. She even smiled. Eventually, after a very long time, she emerged from the room with some faster working equipment in the data storage room. As the door swished closed behind her, she yawned and trudged back to the cockpit to check on progress. She passed Mini and patted his head as she walked through the ship and to the steering wheel of her beloved ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom