Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Party of Seven

Life was moving fast in the wake of the battle on Exegol. There was always more to be done, and in Amani's case, there was arguably a lot more. Relief efforts were expanding across the galaxy to pick up the pieces. And as Chief Healer, she made a great many efforts to be involved as much as possible.

Today, however, was a quieter day. And Amani had made an arrangement with Valery to use this free time for a get together. Both of them were in the process of bringing multiple new lives into the world, and in need of a break from everything else life had to offer. Besides, this wasn't Val's first time around the block. Maybe she'd have some advice to bestow. As exciting as it was, there was an undeniable nervousness that came with it all as well.

Amani had finished cleaning what was left of their apartment, when a knock on the door signaled her friend's arrival. "Hey!" She said, opening it to let Valery in. The space was a bit less decorated than last time Val saw it, as the Organas were in the process of upsizing to a space that would better accommodate their growing family.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Going upstairs had never been this difficult before.

Stubbornly as always, Valery had decided to take the stairs, just to try and be as active as she could. But by the time she reached the floor of Amani's apartment, she was breathing a little heavier and her cheeks had reddened. There was no way she'd do the same on the way back down. Staying active and even working out to some extent was not a bad thing, as long as the body allowed it, and carrying triplets was putting types of strain on her body that she didn't believe possible.

But she wasn't the only one having to deal with carrying multiple new lives.

It had been too long since she last saw Amani just one-on-one, and now they were both pregnant at the same time. Not too surprising, since the end of the war meant the perfect time to expand a family, but a funny coincidence nonetheless.

After knocking on the door three times, it opened and Valery immediately beamed a bright smile when she saw her close friend, "Hey you, it has been too long!" she chuckled, stepped forward and carefully leaned in for a quick hug. "You look great! Everything going well with the pregnancy so far?"

"It has," Amani leaned in to reciprocate the hug, before stepping aside to let Valery in.

"Pretty well so far. There's… a lot to get used to, but, we're making do." Not only were they preparing for their first kid, they were preparing for two kids at once. There was plenty that needed to be done, and plenty that Amani was dealing with physically every day, "It's a bit overwhelming sometimes."

She gestured to the couch for Val to sit, before stepping into her room to grab some things before they headed back out, "What was it like for you that first time? With Vera?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Oh I can imagine," Valery said before finding a place to sit. She was still a bit exhausted from the walk here but being able to sit really seemed to help. "Mood swings, food cravings, back and breast pains..." she sighed. There were definitely difficult parts about starting or expanding a family, but it was all worth it in the end.

But what she had mentioned were also the more manageable aspects of it.

"Well, my first pregnancy was very difficult. I got pregnant right as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble left to confront his father, and fell to the Dark Side," Valery said with a small frown. "I stayed on Denon with Yula Perl Yula Perl and Dagon, who both really made a difference and helped me out. But it's still different without the support of your partner. I stressed out a lot and feared that I couldn't give birth in a safe environment."

"But even now, I still worry a little. It's just the motherly instincts, and I'm sure you have it as well."

Amani nodded along, "Yep, yep, and yep," It was a peculiar experience, undergoing such distinct changes in what was a relatively short amount of time. The scientist in her was almost fascinated by the firsthand experience. She'd seen and dealt with plenty of pregnant women throughout her career. To be on the other side of it was a whole new perspective.

Listening to Valery recount her own time pregnant with Vera brought a similar frown to Amani's face. It couldn't have been easy. Especially as a first time. Were she in that position, Amani would have stressed a few years off her lifespan.

"It's hard to describe. It's almost… surreal," She placed a hand over her stomach, and looked down lovingly at the two children she knew were growing within, "Still got a ways to go, but, Alicio keeps me strong," He was going to be a great father. That much Amani was sure of.

She sprinkled a bit of feed into Archibald's cage, earning a happy chirp from the phoenix. Then she grabbed a bag and closed the door to her room, "Wanna head out? Get some fresh air?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Good, that support is crucial," Valery said when she mentioned Alicio keeping her strong. Kahlil very much was that support pillar for her, and after going through a pregnancy without such support, she knew how vital it was now. "But if he's ever difficult, let me know and I'll have words with him," she added jokingly with a grin.

No matter how bad the mood swings or food cravings were, she didn't think Alicio would ever get all that agitated. He wasn't a Jedi, but he was certainly as peaceful as one.

Valery then got up from her seat and nodded while she looked at the phoenix, "I'm ready to go. We can go to our usual shopping street and grab something to eat and drink there. Hopefully, keep it a very relaxing day." That hadn't exactly been the case her first time either — too many assassination attempts.

"Hmmm, maybe get some stuff for the babies?" She loved getting things for the kids, so it was going to be another day of spending Kahlil's credits.

"But if he's ever difficult, let me know and I'll have words with him,"

Amani chuckled and shook her head, "Last thing he needs is two crabby pregnant women coming at him," Not that their relationship ever hit roadblocks quite like that anyway. Marriage would always have its ups and downs, but at the end of the day, they both loved and respected each other more than anything else.

"I love that idea!" She chirped, when Valery mentioned doing some baby shopping. It would be a nice change from the usual routine. "Let's go, then. If we're quick we can beat the lunch crowds." In no time they were out the door, down the turbolift, and onto the street hailing a taxi. A marked speeder flew down to meet them, opening its doors. Amani slid in, and gave the driver their destination.

"So… Three kids, huh?" She turned back to Valery with a slight smirk. One baby was already an undertaking. Twins doubly so. Triplets? Amani almost shuddered at the thought, "Did Kahlil pass out when he learned that?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"That's very true." Valery snickered at the idea of them teaming up against their partners though. She'd always have Amani's back, no matter who was on the wrong end of the barrel. But much like her Mirialan friend, she knew that the relationships they had were too strong for serious fights and arguments.

So without spending more time thinking about it, she shifted to more fun subjects, and Amani seemed to love the idea as well. "I had a feeling you'd like it," Valery said with a grin before she nodded and followed along quickly. Luckily, they took the turbolift down this time and soon made it inside a taxi.

"So… Three kids, huh?"

Valery blinked, turned to Amani, and snorted at the question that followed. "He started laughing while I burst into tears, so I think he knew he was in trouble. Although that probably was because he figured out that he'd have three daughters and only one son." She grinned, knowing that it'd put the boys at a disadvantage at home.

"I'll say, though, it's not easy on my body and I've already been through pregnancy once. I can't imagine what it's like for your first pregnancy to be twins already." Valery paused and tilted her head. "Any idea if they're boys or girls already?"

"Sounds about right," Amani chuckled. The Noble household was about to literally double in size, with double as many girls as boys. Then again, so was the Organa household, albeit with a more even split in gender, "A boy and a girl," She confirmed with a smile. It was the ideal outcome, in her eyes, "Now we just need to get fully moved out and into a bigger space. The old apartment just doesn't have room to spare for one baby, let alone two."

"You guys thinking of upsizing, or happy with what you've got?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Awwe, that's great! I'm really happy for you two," Valery beamed her best friend a bright smile and gently nudged into her with her side. "I wonder if our kids will get along. I imagine that they'll see each other a lot, and they're going to be the same age too." Valery thought about it, then smirked. "Vera is without a doubt going to be very protective of your kids. You should see her now whenever she's out with me, and the triplets aren't even born yet."

Amani and Alicio were practically family to Vera, so there wasn't a thing in the world she wouldn't do to be nice to them, and protect their kids as well.

On the topic of living space, Valery flashed a sheepish smile, "Yeah we know that feeling. We could have managed if it was just one baby, but not three. I found out about the triplets long before I got pregnant because Vera had seen a vision, and was making three extra beds in her own room by stealing every pillow and blanket in the house." She snickered at the mental image all over again.

"But we're not going to have three crying babies in the room with her. So we need to look around as well."

Turning her eyes forward, Valery watched as the taxi began to slow down — they had reached their destination, so the doors soon opened and they were allowed to step outside after covering the fee. "Clothes or toys first?" Valery asked. Diapers and other less fun necessities could wait for another time.

"Yeah, I guess they will be pretty close," Amani said, only now considering how minimal the age gap would be. It would be nice for them to have some playmates their own age from the start, "Maybe in the future it'll be Vera's turn to babysit my kids."

They arrived at the shopping plaza soon after, stepping out of the taxi and into the street, "Hmmm… Let's do clothes first," Like old times, except this time they were shopping a few sizes smaller. "Got any name ideas, yet?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"She'd love to, I'm sure," Valery said with a dip of her head. Vera was incredibly protective already, so there was no doubt in her mind that she'd love a chance to look after Amani and Alicio's kids.

The two then reached the shopping plaza and Valery agreed that clothing was a good start. The last time they went shopping for them together was fun, and now they could gush over how cute baby clothes were. "Oh yeah, we've got three names already for them." She chuckled.

"Aeryn Jade for one of the girls. The first name was a friend's suggestion, and the middle name is the name of my sister. We learned more about my family after a trip to Keshi, so it felt nice. Our other daughter will be called Aurra and our son will be Adam, who we're naming after my old Master. He was like a father to me, and Kahlil met his Force Ghost as well, so we both have a connection to him."

Valery smiled brightly for a moment, as they entered the shop and began looking through clothes. "What about you? Are you going with traditional names of either of your people, or got something else in mind?"

Amani grinned, "I'm sensing a theme," Between three A-names and two V-names, it seemed Kahlil would be the odd one out, "Seems like you guys have it all planned out, though." Valery had already done this routine one before, after all.

Amani slowed to a stop in front of the first display of baby clothes. She picked up a pastel blue onesie, lifting it to eye level, "We've talked a few things like that. Haven't really decided on anything for certain yet, though," They were obviously a bit more indecisive, being first-time parents. Everything had to be absolutely perfect, and committing to anything at this stage of her pregnancy was a tough call.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I know, I know. It just worked out like that, okay?" Valery said almost defensively, but she was quick to meet Amani's grin with one of her own. She really liked the names they came up with for their kids, but she also understood what it was like to spend a lot more time thinking about it. In her case, with Vera, it had largely been because she didn't want to come up with a name without Kahlil, but she would have taken more time regardless.

"You have plenty of time, so make use of it." She smiled and picked out a cute one-piece. "This is adorable, maybe something for Aeryn or your daughter?" The bright smile made it clear just how much she loved thinking about these things. It kept her mind away from war and duty.

"Once your kids are born, are you planning some fun trip or anything to celebrate?" Valery then continued while she searched for more clothes. "Or keeping it simple?"

"Wait— you mean it wasn't intentional?" Amani snickered at the thought. Alliterative names had also cross her mind, but she didn't want to deliberately make a gimmick out of their children's names. If the Organas just happened to settle on names for both that started with the same letter, then that was different.

"Ohh, that's cute," Amani leaned in for a better look and scrunched her nose, "I think it'd also be fun to get the twins something matching. Would that be too corny?" She chuckled. Surely a little bit of corniness could be tolerated when it came to babies. Looking through more of the clothes, she found two knitted baby-size beanies and held them up.

"Once your kids are born, are you planning some fun trip or anything to celebrate?"

Amani blinked, "Is that a thing people do?" Either way, she shrugged, "I'd imagine we'll be sticking to home for a bit. There's gonna a lot of adjusting to do. Managing a vacation on top of that sounds like a headache waiting to happen." It was all new for the Organas. Best to just get the new family acclimated to home. "Why, are you?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It wasn't but Kahlil was quick to point it out when I suggested some names." She smiled sheepishly and looked away at the clothes she had picked for a moment. Now she really hoped that the kids wouldn't be bothered by it later when they were older but only time would tell. She still loved the names.

"It is cuuute and I love that idea!" Valery nodded and immediately began searching for matching clothes. Both for Amani's twins and for the triplets. Amani quickly found some matching beanies, and Valery just grinned. "Perfect for going outside. It's important to keep them nice and warm." She chuckled and grabbed some as well.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was going to see quite a drop in credits on their account by the end of this. But if it was for the kids, it'd always be okay.

"Is that a thing people do?"

Valery pursed her lips, "Well, it's definitely common to take time off to watch the kids like a hawk and celebrate. But you should definitely take it easy. Friends and family tend to want to visit and see the babies, but they often forget just how demanding it is on the parents. I plan to go radio silent for a bit and have Kahlil fight off whoever tries to visit." She smirked and reached for what looked like a tauntaun onesie.

"According to Vera, Aurra will love Tauntauns." Or was it Adam? Valery blinked and looked at it again. "Think it's cute or too much?"

"Well, it's definitely common to take time off to watch the kids like a hawk and celebrate. But you should definitely take it easy. Friends and family tend to want to visit and see the babies, but they often forget just how demanding it is on the parents. I plan to go radio silent for a bit and have Kahlil fight off whoever tries to visit."

"That sounds ideal," The Organas would need whatever private time they could get. Friends and family were one thing, but the entirety of Alderaan would probably be clamoring to see the latest additions to the royal family.

Amani glanced up at the onesie Valery held out, and shook her head, "It's never too much with babies. There's only so much time we have to dress them up in cutesy outfits before they outgrow it, right?" Already thinking so far into the future. It was impossible not to imagine how things might play out. What they might look like, and who they might grow up to be. She grabbed a pair of colorful baby pajamas, and draped them over her shoulder.

"Maybe we should go see what kind of toys are on sale? Before we spend all our money here,"
She chuckled.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"That's very true," Valery agreed with a smirk, which also meant that onesie was coming with her. "I'll warn you, though, it's not going to feel very fast at first. Not until you get used to just how tiring it can be." She chuckled and thought about the long nights and restless mornings again.

"But at a certain point..." she sighed. "Time does seem to fly, and they grow so quickly. Vera is getting incredibly tall and she still has growth spurts coming up. I foresee a lot more shopping." These little things in life were at least enjoyable, and likely something Alicio and Amani would discover as well when their kids were older.

But for now...

"Let's go look for toys!"

After paying for the clothes and ignoring the damages, Valery walked over to a nearby toy store. On entry, she spotted a rack with dart guns, and her eyes twitched a little. Alicio's gift to Vera had become one of her favorites, but she was quite a menace with that thing.

"Baby toys tend to be pretty simple, luckily." Valery hummed and looked at some instruments made for babies. "What about this? If you're going to be up all night watching them, might as well have some music, huh?"

"Well, if she's anything like her dad, you're going to end up being the short one in the family by a pretty big margin," Amani chuckled. Same thing went for the triplets. The Noble family was going to have quite a bit of height to them.

They gathered their assortment of clothes and paid before heading off to the nearby toy store. Passing a few aisles, they eventually found the section dedicated to baby toys. Amani stared blankly at the display, furrowing her brow at Valery's suggestion, "That's certainly an opinion," She snorted. If anything the addition of a baby incessantly banging on some instrument seemed like it would make the process all the more maddening. "Still…" Amani picked up a colorful, wooden percussion instrument, "It is good for creative expression." It seemed that was a worthy enough sacrifice for her.

The mirialan turned her attention to some of the other toys nearby, "Maybe some new stuffed animals are in order," She picked up a plushie tauntaun, and waved it at Valery.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery shot Amani a look, but jokingly so, "Please. Don't remind me..." she smirked and thought about it for just a moment. It was very likely she'd end up being the shortest, and that was an almost scary thought. But, for now, she was just going to enjoy the time that they were still little.

The times when they'd really need their mother the most.

Focusing back on the toys, Valery snickered at Amani's reaction and tapped on one of the percussion instruments, "Well, yeah, but you should probably keep these toys out of reach at night." Still meant they could be menaces during the day, but there was something cute about that as well.

To some extent.

After picking up a keyboard of some kind, Valery turned around and looked at Amani waving a tauntaun plushie at her. again, her eye twitched — Vera loved scattering her plushies around the house. "Can't ever have enough of those. Vera won her siblings each a plushie at the arcade too, but if they're anything like Vera, their plushies need friends." Lots of friends.

Soooo... Valery began to pick out a few of them without looking at the price tags.

"Well, I think we got quite a bit now. Anything else you'd like to get them, or maybe want to grab some lunch? I don't know about you, but my feet are already getting sore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom