Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Part of the crew

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Sassshra Sassshra
With the parasite slowly killing her, a baby to take care of, and Padawans to keep a watchful eye over, Valery had been extremely tired for quite a while. The only bit of relief she caught happened after she told Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble about her condition, who offered help and carried much of her exhaustion through their dyad. Whether she really realized it or not, she probably wouldn't be able to keep going the way she was without his help.
But because she was still able to stand on her feet, she wanted to do something to make both of their lives easier; something she hoped he would appreciate quite a lot as well. On the Bastion, Valery had found records of old crew members who used to work on it, likely dating back to his spacer days. There she learned about Sassshra Sassshra , who had been able to maintain the Bastion in the past with her skills as a mechanic. She didn't know what the woman was up to these days, but Valery could use someone who was able to handle the Bastion for them.
So for that reason, she sent out a message.
Greetings Sassshra,
My name is Valery Noble, and through some old records I found, I learned that you used to work on my fiance's ship, the Bastion. With our lives getting busier, I'd like to hire someone capable of maintaining the ship, and you have experience with that already.
You also know Kahlil already, so that makes it all easier. If you're interested in potentially taking on this job, please meet me at the coordinates I sent you that will lead you to Empress Teta. The Bastion will be parked there in a hangar bay we hired.
As a side note, don't contact Kahlil about this — I'm looking to surprise him with it if it all works out.
Hope to see you soon,
Valery
n0m34qi.png

Purpose: Answering a summons! (got invited)
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

" Greetings Sassshra,

My name is Valery Noble, and through some old records I found, I learned that you used to work on my fiance's ship, the Bastion. With our lives getting busier, I'd like to hire someone capable of maintaining the ship, and you have experience with that already.

You also know Kahlil already, so that makes it all easier. If you're interested in potentially taking on this job, please meet me at the coordinates I sent you that will lead you to Empress Teta. The Bastion will be parked there in a hangar bay we hired.

As a side note, don't contact Kahlil about this — I'm looking to surprise him with it if it all works out.

Hope to see you soon,

Valery "

The idea of surprising her old employer made the Fillithar giddy, her scales rustling as she slithered up to the Bastion, looking upon the old girl fondly. She wondered what sort of person Kahlil was planning to marry, who they were, and just how mischievous and fun they must be to snoop through the Bastion's old logs and find Sassshra's contact information.

The fifteen feet of scaled muscle curled up in front of the Bastion, forked tongue flicking out, tasting the air as she glanced about for the sender of the message she'd been sent.

"Hello~? Valery~?"

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
"Ah! There you are."
Valery had heard the woman's voice and quickly moved over to come down the ramp. Seeing the tall, scaled lady, Valery began to smile only brighter — no matter how much experience she has, she was still meeting new species in the Galaxy, and they were all fascinating to her.
"I'm so glad you got my message and were able to come," she said before bowing her head in greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet to finally meet you. Please, come inside and don't mind the crying if you hear any. My daughter might be waking up soon." she chuckled and began to lead Sasshra into the lounge area of the ship.
"Is there anything I can get you? Some water, tea, or something to eat maybe?"
n0m34qi.png

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Ooooh, yesss pleassse~! Sssome water would be jussst sssuper!" Sassshra hissed joyfully as she slithered calmly, following close behind Valery as the headed further into the ship. Crying? Daughter?

"You have a child? How old isss ssshe?" There was pure excitement in curiosity in her voice, though she kept her volume down so as not to wake the little one. Was the child Kahlil's? What did children to humanoids look like? Just smaller versions of them? She'd been so buried in her own work even when she hadn't been a part of the crew that she hadn't taken much chance to observe the outside world. Had she met some before? She couldn't remember, her thoughts were all over the place at the mere fact that she could see the Bastion again!

n0m34qi.png
"Some water won't be a problem." Valery smiled warmly and began to guide Sassshra through familiar territory. She wasn't sure if Kahlil had changed much between the departure of his scaled mechanic and meeting Valery, but they really hadn't done much since they were together. The only real difference was the room for Vera.
"Kahlil and I have a child together, yes. She's about 9 months old now," Valery said as she got the water and offered it to Sasshra. Without much effort, she could tell that the woman seemed rather excited about it, so she had an idea.
"Come, I'll introduce you." she chuckled and made her way over to the room where Vera was squealing and making all kinds of baby noises. The moment Valery looked at the girl, it was as if all her exhaustion washed away instantly, and a bright smile flashed through.
"Cute, isn't she?"
n0m34qi.png

Sassshra slithered up beside the crib, pushing herself up into the air, almost to Valery's height to look into it. Her pink tongue flicked in and out for a split second, tasting the air before her own, soft squeal of excitement as she gazed upon the small baby girl. "Ssshe isss!!" Her tail tip twitched back and forth, almost like a wag, even as she coiled herself up a bit, dangling her tail tip above Vera's small hands.

"Ssso ssshe isss nine monthsss old? Ssshe'sss ssso sssmall!" Sassshra giggled softly, very gently booping the tip of Vera's nose with the end of her prehensile tail. "You are very lucky, little one. Your father isss a very good man. I don't know your mother very well, but I'm sssure her and I will get along jussst fine." The Fillithar beamed up at Valery,

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
"She's our little star."
Vera began to squeal happily when Sassshra held her tail just above her hands and tried her best to reach for it. She seemed incredibly bright and happy and just wanted to play. "She's small now, but she could get as tall as her father. Maybe taller." Both Vera and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had Epicanthix blood, after all.
It was definitely going to be strange to one day look up at her daughter.
A boop of the nose then followed, and Vera squealed even louder, now with both her arms flailing around. She already loved Sassshra, and Valery felt herself warming up to the Fillithar as well.
"I'm sure we will, too." Valery offered a warm smile in return and stepped closer to the crib to pick Vera up and gently hold her in her arms. "So, Sassshra, does the Bastion still feel familiar? You're of course more than welcome to stay here and set up a room for yourself to get used to it all. That is... if you're interested in helping us with the Bastion again, of course."
n0m34qi.png

"I would be more than happy to help with taking care of thisss old girl again." Sassshra hissed joyfully, gently patting a wall with her tail tip, a spark of warmth in those dark eyes. "Ssshe hasssn't changed much from what I can sssee." The Fillithar coiled up, using her own body and strength to come eye to eye with Valery.

"You won't need to worry about a room for me." That pink tongue flicked out for the briefest moment. "I can easssily ssset up another hammock in the engine room if my previousss one isss gone. If that would be agreeable?" Sasssh tilted her white scaled head as she asked the question, tail flicking back and forth gently.

n0m34qi.png
"I appreciate it a lot, and I think Kahlil will be happy to hear it, too." She smiled warmly and turned her fiery gaze down to the little Noble she held cradled in her arms. She was still squealing happily, so Valery leaned in closer and booped her own nose against Vera's, which she loved.
"Such a cutie," Valery chuckled and looked at her daughter with intense, motherly love.
"Oh, of course, you can set up wherever you'd like. Kahlil and I have a shared bedroom, then we have this room for our daughter. Anything else is free to take. That said... is there anything else you need?" Valery asked. "In terms of food, tools, and equipment or... anything."
n0m34qi.png

"Hmmm.." Sassshra hummed in thought, curling her tail up to cup her own chin much like the humanoids would do while thinking about something. It surely was an interesting sight to see from the Fillithar. "I'm good on toolsss, for now. And equipment, I won't know until I get a chance to look at the old girl. If I need an upgrade or new ssstuff, I'll be sssure to let you know."

Her tongue flicked out a few times as she thought, staring off into space. "Food, however. Sssometimesss it'sss a bit tricky, for me. I prefer meat. Sssteaksss are nice! Or jussst ground meat of sssortsss, ssso long asss it'sss cooked, I can't eat it raw. I can eat one large meal a week or sssmaller portionsss once a day.

Usssually I eat once a week, but only becaussse I tend to be ssso engrossssed in my projectsss that I forget to feed myssself."
She giggled sheepishly, tail tip wagging back and forth.

n0m34qi.png
"Please do. I'll get you anything with his credits that you need," Valery said with a bit of a grin. "He won't mind though, especially not if I ask with puppy eyes." He was technically immune to them usually, but she liked to think that she had some leverage against him when she wanted to.
In reality, it was just that he loved her.
At the topic of food, Valery brightened a little more, "Steak, hm? I actually love steak too, so I wouldn't mind preparing that for you." It was her favorite dinner date too — steak dinner with some Alderaanian red wine. It was romantic and it just tasted perfect in her opinion.
"And you can eat as much as you'd like. If you want to eat only once, that's fine. But we take good care of those close to us here. So if you want anything in terms of food or drinks, just tell me." Valery then paused for a moment and continued to gently sway Vera in her arms.
"Hmm, is there anything you want to ask me?"
n0m34qi.png

"Hmm" Sassshra leaned back, her scaled eye ridges furrowing slightly as she thought on it. Did she have anything she wanted to ask Val? Plenty! How her and Kahlil met? How long they'd known each other? But those were better questions saved for over dinner, not at a 'job interview'.

"Well. Are there any roomsss that you would prefer I not exsssplore? Obviousssly, you and Kahlil'sss bedchamber; I would never knowingly enter another persssonsss room without permisssssion." Her tongue flicked out in thought, tilting her head a little. "And if there are any ssspecsssific adjussstmentsss or renovationssss the Bassstion needsss, that you actively know about; can you make me a lissst, ssso that we can make a plan and work to get her fixed up?"

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled at the mention of no-go rooms and her bedroom with Kahlil. "I think that's really the only one. Every other room is either important to the ship's functioning, or not all that special. As for adjustments and renovations, nothing comes to mind at the moment, but anything that comes up will be passed along," Valery said with a soft smile.
"There is one other task that I'd like to request your help with."
Her eyes now shifted down to her squealing daughter, and that motherly smile appeared again. "Vera is often with us on the Bastion as we move around. Any help keeping an eye on her is much appreciated. I don't want to make babysitting part of your job if you want to focus on the more mechanical skills, but... she's far more important to us than the ship."
n0m34qi.png

"By my tail! You want me to help watch Vera!?" The Fillithar squealed in excitement, slithering right up to Valery and Vera, wrapping around them much like a snake would constrict their prey except.... she was gentle. She was hugging them. "Of courssse! I'd love to help! Ssshe'sss jussst ssso presssciousss!"

Sassshra nuzzled smooth scaled cheek against Vera's, the corners of her maw curled just enough to make it look like she was smiling. "If for whatever reassson I am... indisssposssed... and cannot help, I will be sssure to let you know!" She unwound from the two, not wanting to overstep any boundaries, coiling up beside them once more.

n0m34qi.png
Valery's eyes widened with joy when Sasshra not only accepted the offer but even seemed excited about it. As Vera's mother, Valery of course believed her little star to be the best thing in the Galaxy, so for someone else to also be excited made her feel extremely happy. "I'm glad to hear it," Valery said as she leaned into the hug, and held up Vera so Sassshra could more easily reach her.
The little Noble began to squeal and reached for her new friend with both of her little hands. Gently, too, as she patted Sassshra on the head.
"I appreciate it and... I know Vera can be a little much. If you want time off, that's totally fine. I appreciate all your help, and I'm sure my husband will feel the same." With another smile, Valery turned to the kitchen and hummed. "Are you hungry at all? I could prepare us all some food and maybe we can talk a little more socially?"
She was quite curious to learn more about Sassshra.
n0m34qi.png

"Oooh, food sssoundsss quite lovely! Yesss pleassse!" Sassshra beamed, slithering up alongside Valery as she made her way for the kitchen. "And I won't need time off ssspessscifically due to feeling overwhelmed. Every other month or ssso I have sssomething I mussst do... I guessss in that regard I ssshould ask for a sssmall room I could lock myssself into.." She laughed sheepishly, but that same friendly and joyous grin was across her face.

"If that isss alright, I mean?"

n0m34qi.png
"Great! Kahlil will be back soon, so I'll send him a message and we can all have dinner and talk together," Valery said with a bright smile before she listened to Sassshra's request. "Oh, that won't be a problem at all. We all need our privacy, hm?" she chuckled and grabbed a comms device to send Kahlil a message about an old friend coming over for dinner.
She knew that he disliked surprises, so she wanted to make sure that he'd be comfortable.
Soon enough, Valery sat at the dinner table with Sasssha, while Vera was sitting in her lap. It was steak dinner with fries today to celebrate a friend coming back, but Vera had her own little meal. "Here comes the X-wiiiing~" Valery hummed as she brought the spoon closer to Vera's mouth.
The little Noble squealed and happily snacked on whatever her mom gave her.
"Oh! I think I sense daddy approaching."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

An old friend, huh?

Kahlil rubbed the back of his neck as he walked through the door. He wasn't too sure who Valery meant, but an old friend was interesting enough. How old of a friend? .. How close of an old friend? There was no denying that in his younger years he'd made quite a few good buddies. Would that mean this was going to be awkward? Like, really awkward? He put on a smile though as he glanced to Valery and Vera.

They always made him smile.

"Hey. .. Uh, who is it?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Sassshra Sassshra

Without much sound the Fillithar would dart out from under the table, circling her way up around Kahlil, wrapping around the Jedi to hug him as she'd hugged his wife earlier. She squeezed, squealing with excitement, the hug perhaps just a bit too tight.

"Long time no sssee Captain!" Sassshra beamed at the human burrito, tail tip twitching as she seemed quite proud of herself.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom