Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part I: How To Make A Yuuzhan Vong Character

This tutorial is for members who wish to have a guide to making a Yuuzhan Vong character.
HOW TO MAKE A YUUZHAN VONG CHARACTER
By [member="Tsavong Kraal"]​
Please follow this tutorial if this is your first time making a character: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/1575-guide-how-to-create-a-new-character/
STEP 1: Understanding Your Options For Yuuzhan Vong Creation
There are so many options when creating a Yuuzhan Vong! Please understand from the beginning that you do not need to choose the actual Yuuzhan Vong species. You can pick any species as a baseline, and we can help mold and shape this species into a certified Yuuzhan Vong by way of your Character Biography or through actual role-play once you have a Character Bio created. Before we delve into your options, please read the Character Creation Rules.
Your Options For Creating A Yuuzhan Vong
2. Pick any species and have them be Vongshaped/Vongformed.
3. Become entralled or enslaved by the Yuuzhan Vong via Surge Coral.
4. Willingly swear allegiance to the True Way religion and have your character be Escalated.
5. Create a new species that traveled with the Yuuzhan Vong from their Galaxy, like the Chazrach.
6. Have your character be a victim of or a descendent of a victim of the Vongspawn Virus.
7. Have your species be a descendant or hybrid of the Yuuzhan Vong and another race. This should be used extremely sparingly. Please note that Humans and Yuuzhan Vong reproductive organs are stated as incompatible.
STEP 2: Finding Your Avatar & Signature
So now you know how you're going to become integrated into the Yuuzhan Vong culture and religion, but you're not quite sure how to continue from there. I find it much easier to begin the character creating process by searching for my avatar/sig images that I wish to use, or at least a character picture for my Character Biography. Below are some resources for you to use to find a picture of your liking. Depending on what option you chose for creating your character, your images will wildly differ, but hopefully these suggestions will get you in the ballpark.​
Art Resources
2. Tsavong's Yuuzhan Vong DeviantArt Collection (Always being updated.)​
3. Tsavong's Species DeviantArt Collection (Always being updated.)​
4. Drawcrowd (A bit more difficult to search)​
5. CGSociety (A bit more difficult to search)​
6. Artstation (Decent search options)​
7. Tsavong's Artstation Collection (Always being updated.)​
Once you're done picking your images, head on over to the Art & Design Forum to see if someone can help you out. Oh, and remember to link to the artist! They should be credited for their hard work.​
STEP 3: Naming Your Character
Neato! Hopefully we have a cool image or two by now to get started. Now we need a name! Luckily, there's a plethora of naming resources already out there. I'll start with the Yuuzhan Vong resources and then add in a few extra to help you out. Please note you are not restricted to the Expanded Universe's Yuuzhan Vong Domains. You may create a new Domain.
Character Naming Resources
1. Yuuzhan Vong Domains (Domains are Families/Clans, and meant to be used as potential last names)​

2. Members of the Yuuzhan Vong (Names of Yuuzhan Vong Members.)​
3. Yuuzhan Vong Officers (Names of Yuuzhan Vong Officers.)​
4. Yuuzhan Vong Senior Officers (Names of Yuuzhan Vong Senior Officers.)​
5. Yuuzhan Vong Warmasters (Names of Yuuzhan Vong Warmasters.)​
6. Mordor, Land of Shadow Orc Name Generator (generates your Orc name. First name only!)​
7. Fantasy Name Generator - Orcs (generates a randomized count of Orc names. First name only!)​
8. Fantasy Name Generator - World Of Warcraft Orcs (generates a randomized count of Orc names. First names and last names.)​
9. Fantasy Name Generator - Elder Scrolls (generates a randomized count of Orc names. First names and last names.)​
STEP 4: Making Your Character Unique
Alright, let's make your character unique. But first you need to make a decision.​
Does your Yuuzhan Vong hate non-organic technology, or is he cool with it?
It's been a long time since the Great Galactic Invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong into the known Star Wars galaxy. 800+ years by our timeline. So a lot can change in so many years - remember, it's been less than a century since Nazi Germany invaded Europe - now they're a member of the United Nations and NATO. If so much can change with such a hated country (at the time) in our own real world, how can the outlook of the Yuuzhan Vong by the Galaxy change in 800 years? That's upwards of 40-50 human generations.​
We'll cover more on the culture and background history of your character in the next step, but right now, you need to decide if you're cool just using organic technology or you wanna hybrid it up.​
Thoughts have changed over the course of eight centuries, and I role-play my own Yuuzhan Vong character as a bit more tolerant of non-organic technology. However, his preference is to use only organic Yuuzhan Vong technology, per his ancestry. So he tolerates normal Galaxy technology - but he prefers his own culture.​
Made your decision?​
If you're only Organic technology, stick to this list of resources to biologically graft onto your character's body.​
Canon Organic Grafts You Can Add To Your Character's Body

Eyes
(Changes color of eyes depending on emotion. Can see beyond visible light spectrum. Binocular vision.)​
(Reusable deadly venom ranged spitter that replaces an eye.)​

Head
(Lowly Worker cap for wearing when protecting one's self from waste disposal.)​
(Language Translator that is inserted in the ear.)​
(Allows user to see in the dark when worn on head.)​
(Allows user to breathe in atmospheres he would be unable to breathe in.)​
(Makes you look like medusa. Serpents on it are alive but not inherently poisonous. Used by Shapers.)​
Hands
(Firespitters replace bones in the forearm. When activated, ejected a ball of flaming and highly explosive biomatter that was created by chemicals.)​
(Used as small hammers or mallets.)​
(Centipedes with claws that could replace your hand. Warriors used to consider it a great honor.)​
(Retractable arm blades used with muscle movement. Named after the First Warmaster.)​
(Hidden blades grafted into your knuckles, and like Wolverine, they can retract. Blocks lightsabers, cuts through energy shields.)​
(Usually used by Shapers, this small straw-sized talon inserted in one's finger can quickly eliminate an enemy.)​
(Tentacled hand replacements that shapers use as tools for shaping. Finger spears can be implanted in the tentacles.)​
Torso
(A stomach implanted that allows you to spew the vongform virus on someone once per thread.)​
Q'et
(Hidden pouch for carrying hidden stuff.)​
(Warmaster Tsavong Lah grafted one of these thing's arms in the place of his own. They're segmented like a Human's arm.)​
(Carries liquid.)​
(Another hidden pouch. Requires a frequency code through tapping to unlock.)​
(Used to torture during interrogations.)​

Legs
(Considered a great honor to have one of these things' talons replace your foot.)​

STEP 5: Culture & Religion of the Yuuzhan Vong
I'm going to make this short and sweet because you can read more about this here if you wish to really delve into the Yuuzhan Vong culture & religion.​
I'll provide below some simple rules to live by when trying to mesh well with the culture and religion of your new Yuuzhan Vong.​
Rules to live by when role-playing your Yuuzhan Vong character.
1. A lot has changed in 800 years. You don't necessarily need to stick to the norm that the wiki tells you - there's so much that could have changed in eight centuries. Don't just apply bandwagon mindsets achieved from reading the books; Find new, unique ways to spin your own stories! It'll make for great role-play.​
2. Yuuzhan Vong, by nature, are aggressive. Whether you're descendant from the peace-loving hippies that left with Zonama Sekot or the fledgling exiles of the YV Empire that didn't go with Sekot at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, you're gonna have some heat in your soup. You can play it down, like a peaceful shaper or priest, or play it up - either way, the way they were introduced into the Galaxy was extremely aggressive. Are you at odds with this, as a character, constantly struggling to find your zen... or are you gonna raise the roof and burn this mother down? That's your call.​
3. Yuuzhan Vong, even before their aggression, are highly religious. Yun-Yammka, the God of War, only came in the picture when the Yuuzhan Vong needed a god of war due to the Cremlevian War. It's thought that he was created by some super sneaky priests. However, all these other Gods were around well before he was. Signifying that even without their violent nature, the Yuuzhan Vong are a highly religious, superstitious, ceremonial, and faithful people.​
4. They're really into pain, sacrifice, and death. Though there are some misconceptions about whether they draw pleasure from pain or not thanks to Domain Shai, most Yuuzhan Vong believe that life is pain. Yeah. Emo-style. But think about it more like this: these people believe Yun-Yuuzhan, the Creator, sacrificed parts of himself to create them. Therefore, it stands to reason that once a Yuuzhan Vong dies, he will be rejoined with his Creator. Every limb you sacrifice, every muscle torn, every wound - a little bit of you is returning to the Creator, the being who gave you life. This is why the Yuuzhan Vong have no regrets when sacrificing themselves or marching to their death. They believe that they are merely returning to when they came, and that this life is a life of struggle and of change.​
5. Most of the Yuuzhan Vong are separated into Castes. Exiles, Workers, Spies, Warriors, Scientists, Priests, and the Elite. You can find out more about the Caste system here, though you'll realize I've explained it in more simpler, understandable terms.​
That's about it! Keep a look out for Part II.
You do not need to read this massive tutorial in it's entirety. Once you're ready to jump in, stop wherever you're at and just go! The best way to learn is by diving in and learning on the go.

Durotar

Nine Feet of UNLIMITED POWAH!
*grumbles*

You wear a couple days too late posting this....

I'll probably make a shaper, though... Eventually.

Lurcano Car'dann

"Kark you, I won't do what you tell me."
[member="Tefka"] This was amazing. I am ridiculously excited to make a Yuuzhan Vong character now....Oh, and your art is pretty ridiculous as well. Can't believe I'm just seeing this, will definitely have to stalk a few more of your threads.

If anyone wants an avatar I just encountered an interesting one.

warlock_heretic_by_fetsch-d62tvue.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom