Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three
Interacting with Aris Noble Aris Noble

TddmRqj.png
-

Comfort food. The word immediately made Zaiya think of her meditation practice with Braze Braze and Loomi Loomi and how comforting mac and cheese had been between the three of them. Eating a meal, drinking tea, enjoying each other's company.

A firm series of nods came next, Zaiya taking a deep breath and a softer, grateful smile drawing over her lips, this time, the worried hues that shifted over her skin were edged with a slight golden highlighted hue. Aris's instincts were correct, this would work.

At least until he asked what Zaiya wanted to talk about.

"I.. I'll talk about it as we walk there," Zaiya began, gesturing for Aris to lead. It wasn't because she didn't want to look at his face while talking, but because she needed to move or else she just might reach out to him again, and she didn't want to until after she had this conversation.

As they began to walk, Zaiya incessantly played with her fingers, and she ducked her head, pondering how to start. Aris was absolutely patient with her, and he was correct in showing that he was worried would only worry her more. His soft smile and calm tone helped the Lovalla teen get her words situated.

At least, enough to not babble everything in a hot mess….maybe.

"So Shan was helping me learn how to heal others, and we talked, and it came up in a conversation about how your sister is his mat- no, not mate, dating, I think? Although the way he explained it seemed like one anyway..." Zaiya clarified getting sidetracked gain, as Shan had been insistent that being mates was not the case -- although it really seemed like it anyway, she wasn't going to argue semantics.

"Anyways," she fidgeted, "When I asked him to clarify the differences between that, and then asked if they had any Force bonds since Lovalla created those without the Force, he said that they have this big thing about not using the Force on each other, and that consent is a big thing."

"I told him that my kind just...create bonds with our parents and our mates, and that it seemed that the Force was allowing me to mimic those with others now, like with you, Braze, and Loomi, and now I'm worried that perhaps in my excitement, I didn't put any of your thoughts or considerations regarding how the Force is affecting whenever I touch you and resonate."

Now she was starting to get anxious again, blanching further in her worry. Blinking rapidly.

"Then he said how Colette does not like holding hands because she feels as if one is claiming ownership over the other, and it made me realize I was automatically always trying to hold your hand or be near you, but I never really asked if it was okay, and I really don't want to make you, Braze, or Loomi uncomfortable or end up hating me because I can't control how I resonate or because I just end up showing my affection for you by physical touch. Soo... let me know if I make you uncomfortable and what you do not want me to do," Zaiya went through a mental list of what physical acts of affection she'd made, from holding his hand, hugging him, leaning against him, running her hands through his hair. It was hard to think of it all because she'd just been naturally drawn to do so. It was in her nature. But she didn't want to use that as an excuse to do whatever she wanted to do freely.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable at all. You are my very first real friend, and I... " Her eyes were beginning to sting again, dark, inky, and grey patterns of melancholy and anxiety sweeping over her skin, her fingers tightening more as they interlocked together, desperately wanting reassurance but stopping herself so she could do what was right, murmuring in a whisper. "I don't want to lose you."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris listened. He walked ahead of her, never once glancing back as she spoke. He wasn't sure what to do as she did, but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Honestly thinking, Aris didn't know what to say or do. There were a lot of things she was talking about he didn't completely understand, so how could he respond? Owning people by holding hands? He didn't even know that about Colette, which again filled him with a brief sadness of not knowing his own sister.

That he could change and fix. He would, but right now he wanted to focus on Zaiya.

He paused his walk, turning to face her again. There was a lot he couldn't answer for her, about the others. But he could answer about himself. He reached up, gently tapping her forehead much the same way his own mother tapped his when he was vastly overthinking things. "I told you before, I'll tell you if it's too much or I'm feeling uncomfortable or anything like that. People seem to think a lot about what it all means, but.. It doesn't mean anything like that to me. It's just.. Nice. It doesn't have to be more complicated. You're my friend. What other people might think doesn't matter, only what you and I do. .. Does that make sense?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

It was the tap of his finger against her forehead that jolted her out of her reverie, bringing her attention back to the present. The action was effective, drawing Zaiya from the black hole of self-created inner turmoil and despair of what-if situations that had absolutely no bearing on her friendship with Aris and how they decided to show it. Startled, she looked up at him, her iridescent blue eyes searching his face for understanding. As moments passed, the color slowly returned to Zaiya's complexion, and her tense expression softened into a tentative smile. Aris's words sank in, reassuring her that their friendship didn't need to be complicated.

It is true; he had told her before if it was too much, he'd let her know. What mattered in this particular moment was what Aris thought and how they both wanted to express themselves. He had told her he wouldn't let her feel alone. She had also been upfront regarding how her kind showed affection. He accepted her as she was and wanted to be her friend. He was right. It didn't have to be complicated. As long as it made sense to them both, then it was alright, right?

"Yeah,"
she responded, her voice wavering slightly with uncertainty. Despite her understanding, she was still a teenager seeking reassurance.

"Really, really?" Zaiya asked, her amber-hued patterns reflecting her contemplative mood. A desperate hum thrummed through her to reach out to him in that reassurance. If he confirmed so again, she'd immediately reach out to him for a tight hug.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

He nodded and smiled. There were a lot of things he couldn't reassure her on yet, not until he learned more and got stronger. But being her friend? That he could, and would, whenever she needed it. He blinked in surprise as she rushed to hug him, but didn't hesitate to return the hug, gently squeezing her shoulders. "We're friends. We always will be friends. .. You ready for some mac?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya held on tightly, breathing Aris in. She hid her face against his chest needing a few moments to soak up the reassurance in his returning hug that he gave her. It was okay. It was fine. Aris said it was fine, the Lovalla told herself over and over. There was no hiding the relief and comfort she felt by it, and that familiar resonance would float out of her let Aris know as well. She'd have to talk to Braze Braze and Loomi Loomi later and have the same conversation, if at least, a little less anxious now that she had it with the Epicanthix.

After a few more seconds, Zaiya finally took a deep breath, held it, then let it out. Pulling back slightly, she tipped back her head to look up at him. His smile was still there. While she dropped her arms away, her hand once again went searching to curl around his. All was right in her world again.

"Yes, please. I am ready for some mac and cheese."

There was no better way to end this bit of angsty hover roller coaster of an afternoon than that.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom