Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padawans Unite: Training

When Asaraa stepped past Zavii's attack, the Zabrak tightened the arc of her second strike into a more vertical upward block and let the momentum carry her in a circle; her first use of her Soresu lessons in a duel. Her aqua blade slapped the silver one upward and Zavii closed space to try and sweep the other teen's legs. With her right heal striking out at Asaraa's ankles, Zavii had bent her left knee and swung her lightsaber just behind her leg at hip height.

She'd been caught out of position, that much was certain now, her lightsaber had been knocked up leaving her body vulnerable to the sweeping attack driving in at her lower body. When in a loose loose situation all you had to do was pick the least bad option, and in this case that was avoiding the lightsaber strike. The Togruta felt the zabrak's legs drive against hers, knocking her to the ground as she reached down to the ground, cushioning her fall with the force as she took a two-handed grip on her lightsaber. The Togruta fell back into her normal form, angling her blade forward and up, catching her opponent's lightsaber in a parry as she followed through the Shien strategy, twisting her blade in a counter-attack aimed at Zavii's body.

[member="Zavii"]

This Togruta was crafty, Zavii had to give her that. She had managed to deflect Zavii's blade while rolling back into stance in such a way that while the Zabrak's leg was still out to the right, her saber was knocked left. She went for a standard waist-high Sai strike; the kind that would disembowel or halve and opponent while stepping right to recollect her footing. Before she could make contact, however, Asaraa had whipped her own blade around and hit Zavii in the ribs.

The blow, since Zavii had stepped right into it, knocked the air out of her. She crumpled with a soft "Oof-ahg" as her lightsaber shut down. The girl curled up and rolled to her side slowly as she gasped and started to chuckle. She continued laughing as she tumbled back to her feet, hands on her knees and grinned at Asaraa. "That was good... didn't see that one coming."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Asaraa shook her head, a genuine smile playing across her lips as she inclined her head at the Zabrak, thumbing her lightsaber off and letting it float back to her belt. The togruta managed a rueful smile as she flipped over onto her back, reaching down to rub at her leg. "That sweep was inspired, I didn't even see it coming." She twisted her head back to stare at Zavii, grinning at her as she reached over, holding out her hand. "That could have gone either way at the end, you almost had me...anytime you want to go again, I'm in. That was great."

The Padawan knew she was a capable fighter, maybe not the best but more than able to hold her own. However, she'd never seen training as fun, not until this moment, it had always been something she'd been driven to do by a need, but this time...she thought she might enjoy sparring with the zabrak Padawan.

[member="Zavii"]

"Sounds good," Zavii took Asaraa's forearm and pulled them both upright. Still grinning, she looked into Asaraa's azure eyes for a second and saw someone she hoped to know for a long time. "You know what i could use? A snack. You wanna go find one?"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The togruta let Zavii pull her to her feet, reaching down to dust off her clothes as she grinned at the zabrak. "I'm sure we can find something to eat," she allowed with a smile, "the kitchens normally keep a few treats out for hungry Padawans, just as soon as we're done here. Who wants to go next?"

[member="Zavii"]

"Right you are, Asaraa," Zavii nodded, then turned to the rest of the room to see who, if anyone, was still present. "Who indeed?"

[member="Arekk"] [member="Akela Ru"] [member="Draven Dursden"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"] @Epistor @Asaraa Vaashe

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
After a few minutes minding his business, the half masked man's training was interrupted by a Zabrak who had taken an interest in him. As soon as he saw the blaster heading his way, Ar'ekk grabbed it mid-air and quickly showed off some skill by performing some twirling tricks.

Leaving the wooden staff on the ground and wiping the sweat beads dripping down his forehead, the young Jedi Knight greeted the girl with a simple nod. All the training had exhausted him to no avail and depleted his energy entirely despite having a very fit life.

Wafting his hand and shaking his head negatively, Ar'ekk tried to gather his thoughts and recover some of the air. He felt lightheaded for a minute but managed to recover right away.

"I would never deny such an offer but I think I've picked up a small injury."

Rightfully so, the man removed his shoe and revealed a slight cut in his sole that probably occured during a previous sparring session. This would cause him a slight amount of pain when walking but if treated rightfully, he'd be able to do one more fight.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Zavii"]

The young Zabrak was pleased to see that [member="Arekk"] was still here, partly because he'd been watching her pistol and partly because she found him so interesting and wanted a chance to actually meet him. She smiled politely at his decent and approached the Human as she clipped her lightsaber to her belt. "That's fine, I'm sure you'd have just kicked my ass anyway."

She flashed her teeth and held her hand out for the slug-pistol, but would maintain the hold as a sort of handshake once he offered the weapon. "Thanks for holding this, by the way. Force forbid that little rascal Akela got a hold of it, she'd end up the only Jedi left on the planet!" Zavii snickered at her own joke, ran a hand over her horns and hair, then asked "Why don't we go get you to the infirmary to get that cut checked out before it gets infected? You can call me Zavii, by the way. What should i call you?"

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Ar'ekk carefully placed the pistol on the Zabrak's palm and shook hands with her afterwards as she held it out, broadening a warm smile to her as they exchanged glances. He could sense the girl's Force signature come out pretty strong, emanating all sorts of sensations that he would be able to perceive.

Walking with slight discomfort and grabbing his shoes from the floor, the Jedi Knight couldn't feel but agree with the girl's words.

"Don't mention it. Better be safe than sorry, I guess."

Letting out a brief cackle and caressing his jawline, the man took a moment to ponder before replying.

"Ar'ekk. It's nice to meet you, Zavii. How about we head there now, huh? Otherwise I might end up losing another part of my body."

There was nothing more delightful than making jokes about your own disabilities, specially when you're missing an arm and half of your face was scarred to feth. Always looking at the bright side of things.

[member="Zavii"]

Zavii instantly laughed louder than she'd meant to and slapped a hand over her mouth to recover. After a second she turned to [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] and waived. "See you around!"

Stepping out of the training room, she turned to [member="Arekk"] and said "Thank you so much for making that joke... I hate when people can't talk about the bantha in the room." She lead the way toward the hospital wing of the Temple. "So, am i right in assuming that you lost your arm in battle? You sure swing that staff like you've killed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom