Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padawans Unite: Training

He was gaining ground. Typically, he wouldn’t be this offensive, but he needed to see if his attack had worked. His initial hit on her had certainly been to his advantage. He could tell from her skill in defense that she was probably much more seasoned than he was, at least when it came to lightsaber combat. Perhaps she typically practiced a more defensive form, like Soresu, which would explain why her offense wasn’t as refined. Still, he could tell that she was losing balance.

As she spun away from him, he prepared for a defense, pulling his saber into a vertical block that would cover his torso and head from any sort of horizontal strike. She was going for his blade rather than his body, yes, but the force behind it was still there – she meant business. As their blades clashed, a brilliant flash and display of sparks spat from their cross. Searing pain in his shoulder shot down his arm due to the effort of keeping up the defense. The sabers were mere inches away from his face, but Cassius looked past them to lock eyes with Kira.

Left hand letting go of the hilt of the training saber, he gently grabbed Kira’s arm. “Let’s just call this a draw, huh?” he asked, slowly tracing his blade down the length of hers before disengaging. “I think we both could use a trip to the medical ward.” His tone was gentle, but respectful. The blade of the training lightsaber retreated into the hilt with a high-pitched sipping sound. He stretched out his arm again to test it. Yeah, still hurt.

“You did well,” Cassius said. “Maybe you can give me some pointers sometime.”

[member="Kira Novak"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Ar'ekk found himself in a good shape to start an exhausting training session as he religiously loved to practice whenever time allowed it. Practice would make him even better than ever before and to achieve the objectives set ahead of himself he would have to be focused and give the best of the best during training and battles. Sweat beads poured down his forehead and eventually lost sight of them as they hid underneath the half mask he wore obligatedly, the hissing sound made by the regulator as he breathed let anyone know how exhausted he was in that instant.

The young Jedi warrior moved to the training room where he encountered a fierce group of Silver Jedi hardously trying to work on their lightsaber technique. In a tight grip, he held a wooden staff that was used earlier.

His right foot stomped heavily on the ground as he began swinging the wooden staff around, practicing the form he liked the most which was Makashi. A balanced stance that brought him many victories in different battles throughout the years, one that he perfected and used the most ever since he was a teenager. Ar'ekk didn't want to interrupt the group's concentration so he stood in a corner of the training room, minding his own business.

He had perfected his technique throughout the years and that was obvious if you stopped to look at the way he handled the staff in his hands. A completely trained warrior himself, training made the Jedi Knight stronger than he could ever imagine despite being at a disadvantage now with the cybernetic arm he carried as a prosthetic replacement of the extremity he lost years ago on Malachor V, fighting for the Silver Jedi Order.

Draven walked down the hall, glancing at other Padawan as he passed, often they averted their eyes when confronted with his icy cold eyes, it was a common thing he had gotten used to at the temple. He had received a message about some training group, and he figured his master would want him to get out and socialize with the other children. So here he was, headed to the training room, he was dressed in the typical Padawan's tabard and hand wraps, with soft leather boots on, quite comfortable. His messy shock of blonde spikes were as outlandish as usual, and his face remained lazily uninterested as he moved along. The Padawan stepped into the room with a deep yawn and looked around, not saying a word, eyes shifting from one person to the next. He wore his two lightsabers openly on his hip as he entered, rarely going anywhere without them. The cross guard sabers had taken quite a bit of tinkering and favors called in, along with some advice and help from his master to create, and that being so, Draven took quite a bit of pride in them.

His whole air gave off the feeling of being cocky and arrogant, from the way his shoulders rolled along with his walk to the bored look on his face, he certainly did not seem like he was overly enthusiastic about being at the training session. He noticed all the Padawan which had crammed themselves into the room, even a knight was there, so he just lingered at the door, looking from head to head with a unsurprised look. In his mind Draven was sizing everyone there up, who would he spar with if it came to it, who would he talk to, and who appeared to have half a brain cell.

He stuck to the wall, moving along it until he got near the corner and reclined against the wall, one leg resting up on it, the other supporting his weight, both arms crossed. He was simply going to watch the others for a bit before he jumped in and started singing cumbia. His eyes did linger on the more alien looking Padawan, he still had to get used to seeing anything other than humans....

There was a rather noticeable red sword mark which ran along his jaw, that looked extremely fresh. Draven rubbed it slightly as he waited to see what these Padawan were up to.

Akela Ru

Most Adorable Ball of Adorable
"Padawan War Journal: Entry something something something. My initial contact with the people in the room has gone unnoticed. My skills with force stealth have become god tier level as they didn't notice me here while they practiced the lightsaber techniques. [member="Zak Dymo"] would be proud as I have taken his techniques and made them better. Next step is complete and total invisibility. Al of this is important as the means to fight the war against veggies"

Akela was watching and had some more candy as other people were coming into the room where everyone was standing around and watching. She wasn't really certain about who they were but trying things now. Who knows she might even be able to mimic and use these saber techniques herself before she went after some fo the real training. With Sor-Jan or even using the holocrons from Kiriko and Sorel.

Reggie had practiced in a corner by himself, swinging his blade horizontally and vertically. After awhile, he stopped and turned off his lightsaber. There were all these people around, so why was he training by himself? He does that everyday. Seeing two of the Padawans train together made him realize that it would be a lot more beneficial if he trained with someone in this room.

Now one question remains: who? Everyone in here is better with a lightsaber than him, so who is he going to train with that wouldn't be too much for him, and wouldn't be hindered by his lack of experience? Eventually, Reggie's eyes fell on Jerit. He was the only person that he knew well enough in the room. Reggie begins to approach the fellow Padawan.

"Hey Jerit, It's been awhile since I've seen ya! Would you mind training with me, maybe have a sparring match? Just a warning before you answer, my skills aren't that great with a blade, so don't be afraid to say no if you think i'll just hinder your training."

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Jerit watched as all the other padawans mingled and talked. He studied everyone around him, without giving any consideration of himself until a good friend, [member="Reggie Faayare"] came to him and asked to spar.

"Of course, I would love to spar. It won't matter if it'll hinder my training. As long as it helps you, then that is all that matters."

Jerit walked over to a safe space in the sparring room where he would lead Reggie to help him practice lightsaber combat.

If Reggie was ready, Padawan Kolomor would take out his Father's lightsaber and ignite it. He would make sure to turn the power down so no wounds would be fatal. The boy got into his Shii-Cho stance and looked to Reggie to begin the spar.

Reggie was glad that jerit accepted because he didn't know if anyonme else would agree. Now here comes the next problem: Will he be able to keep up with Jerit? Only one way to find out.

Reggie followed Jerit to the space and faced him. He ignited his lightsaber, the green blade appearing out of the hilt. After turning the power of his lightsaber down, He breathes in and out and clears his mind. He gets into his Shii-Cho stance and focuses on his opponent.

Any opponent that Reggie would face would most likely have the advantage in strength, so he had to rely on his speed in battle. Reggie dashes towards his opponent, closing the distance between the two and swings his blade horizontally, aimed for Jerit's right side, which would be followed by a downward strike, and a strike at Jerit's right shoulder.

His attacks weren't very strong, but they were fast. Reggie has seen Jerit in action once before, so he was sure that his attacks would be blocked or dodged. All it took was one opening to win a battle though and that's what Reggie was waiting for.

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

The padawan saw his opponent dash fast before his eyes. Jerit knew he had to stay focused mentally in order to keep up with Reggie. He blocked the first swing easily, but the second swing was blocked but barely. Reggie was indeed fast, and that made the boy rely more on mental status.

After blocking the two swings, Jerit tried getting Reggie out of his space his an Ari attack. If landed correctly, Reggie would be driven back from Jerit to allow spacing in between the two. This would prove an interesting fight. The boy loved to spar with his peers so he can learn more about them and a chance to bond with them as well. With the opening swings from Reggie, the boy could tell that Reggie was indeed a good fighter. He had lots of potential.

[member="Reggie Faayare"]

Zavii woke with a start and sat straight up. She had been outside meditating near the Gardens and must have nodded off, but that happened sometimes whenever she had spent the previous two nights staying up with her insomniac friends Raven and Asaraa. The young Zabrak stretched, yawned and looked around the empty field before rolling back to kick up onto her feet. She had seen Asaraa holding a lightsaber up as if to strike an opponent in her dream, and felt a pull toward one of the training halls.

Must be one of her telepathic calls, she thought as she followed the presence into the Temple. After a couple minutes of searching she found the right room.

There were two boys sparring, Regge and Jerit, she thought, but those two were kind of hard to tell apart, especially when they were fighting.

The next person she noticed was the taller Human Knight with all the prosthetics; Ar'ekk. She always found him so intriguing, with his serious demeanor and the ever-present bo-staff he carried. It looked- and smelled- like he'd spent his whole day training, as he seemed to do ceaselessly. Something in Zavii stirred every time she saw that man... she felt drawn to him, but she had never actually spoken with him. Perhaps that could change. Maybe.

Immediately to Ar'ekk's left she saw another Human Padawan, but more than that she could feel his presence. His seemingly aloof glare could never quite hide the immense pain that radiated from him like the flares of a giant star. She had talked to him briefly but couldn't remember his name... did it start with a D? She had been told to steer clear of him both by her instincts and his reputation. She had heard that he had broken someone's arm once in a fit of rage. Even though he was supposed to be one of them, he had only been here a couple of years and she had trouble finding excuses to spend much time around him.

And finally, of course, she noticed the two Togruta in the room. Her old friend Asaraa and the little Akela. As soon as she stepped through the doorway she crouched and beckoned to the youngling with a wide grin, and cast a glance at Asaraa as if to say 'Thanks for the invite'.

When Jerit began attacking and started pushing Reggie back, the flurry of attacks doing what his opponent wanted. Reggie knew that he would soon lose if this continued, but there were no openings for him to go for. For the moment, Reggie took a defensive approach and blocked the flurry of attacks.

Of course, this caused a problem for Reggie. His opponent had the upper hand and all he was doing was defending from the attacks. When the next vertical strike in the flurry clashes with Reggie's lightsaber in a horizontal block, he tries to pivot the blade to the right in order to bring their lightsaber blades to the ground, which would allow him to kick Jerit away from him if he was successful.

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

As Jerit began slashing more and more he accomplished his goal of getting Reggie back. But, as the final slash occurred Jerit blade was to the ground now. It was locked with Reggie's saber. The boy tried breaking free but there was no time left for the padawan. Jerit was kicked away from his opponent.

He stepped back and turned off his lightsaber. That was very surprising.

"I must say, you are skilled in defense. I admire how you counter my Ari attack. Good work, Reggie."

Jerit clipped his lightsaber back onto his belt and bowed to his friend with respect and honor. He had to admit, it was fun sparring with Reggie.

[member="Reggie Faayare"]

Akela seemed hesitant to cross the room, what with the two Humans in the middle of a duel, so Zavii stood upright to watch until the shorter one, Reggie, kicked Jerit away from a blade-bind and Jerit shut off his blade. She let her lips split into a wide smile and clapped as they bowed to each other. "Well done, you two! That was a good counter, but if you fight defensively, maybe close space instead of creating it. Even Soresu can be deadly if you get too close to the dome. Now watch out, I want a turn." She stepped toward the center of the room, unhooking her pistol-holster from her left hip as she did. With a little spin to look around the room, she pondered. "Hm... Well i don't know," she mused aloud with one hand on her chin and the other holding her gun casually by the holster and tapping it against the hilt of her lightsaber. "Who hasn't gone yet?"

This was going a lot better than she'd expected...apart from the whole injury thing but...maybe Yuroic or the Grandmaster wouldn't find out...no no she was probably gonna hear it later but still. Asaraa pushed herself away from the wall, her bare feet padding silently on the floor as she grosses to stand across from Zavii, turning to present her profile as a smile tugged up the corners of the Togruta's lips. "I guess that would be me," she allowed as she held out a hand, her lightsaber tumbling off her belt to slap into her hand as she bowed her head at the Zabrak across from her, "Asaraa," she introduced herself as she straightened, her gaze settling on her opponent as she angled her unlit lightsaber up, her finger hovering over the ignition button.

[member="Zavii"]

"Excellent," Zavii glanced at the older Human, Ar'ekk, whom she knew for a fact had seen battle from she stories she had heard. "Please hold this," she tossed him the pistol before turning to face the Togruta with an excited grin.

"Zavii," she replied, emphasizing the sibilance at the front of the Z as she put her right fist to left palm and bowed low. The blue-robed Zabrak righted herself, then slowly drew her lightsaber hilt and took a wide, low stance with her weapon pointed back. It was a deceptively dangerous Shii-Cho position for both parties in a duel, but she was confident in her own speed. The thin, skilled fingers of her left hand turned a knob near the base of the hilt until it clicked, ensuring that the blade-field would be potent enough to prevent more than minor burns or bruises from all but the most forceful blows.

She then bared her teeth and locked with her sparring partner's shining eyes as she fired up her cyan blade. "Who's first?" she asked with soft voice and shining eyes.

Akela Ru

Most Adorable Ball of Adorable
[member="Zavii"]

She looked at the others who were sparring and then there was someone motioning for her.... 'How did she see me?' She thought it to herself with a look though... 'She saw through my invisible cloak.' Looking at her though she walked over and narrowed her eyes suspiciously though when she had some jelly beans and a twinkie. "You are just trying to butter me up to take my sponge cakes aren't you." She pointed with a smile. "I am on to you." She brought her fingers up and went from her eyes to the zabraks.

At that moment, little Akela decided to speak, catching Zavii by surprise with her pointed accusation. The Zabrak's toothy grin widened and she glanced at the youngling. "I would never!" she giggled. "Now step back, little one. You don't want to get hurt."

Asaraa turned, presenting her profile to the zabrak, watching her talking to Akeela, a smile playing across her lips as she watched the two of them talk. The young woman waited silently for Zavii to take up her stance again.

The Togruta ignited her lightsaber, presenting her profile to Zavii as she swing her blade up into a salute, the silver blade casting a purple hue to her features. Taking a breath the young woman let her blade fall down to angle down towards the ground as she rolled up and down on her tip toes as she felt her muscles loosening. Makashi was the newest lightsaber for she’d learnt, she'd been desperate for something to make fighting other force users easier after everything, but she’d been putting a lot of time into her training and was looking forward to seeing how her skills played out in reality. “Go ahead,” she offered, “I’ll let you have the first strike.”

[member="Zavii"]

Once the young Togruta retreated to a safe distance, Zavii returned her attention to the older one and resumed her stance. She watched Asaraa go into a classic Makashi low-guard and gave a little snort of approval that came out as little more than a louder breath from her nose and a slight twinkle in her eye. She hadn't practiced with Makashi herself, but she had seen how dangerous it could be when performed by a Master. She also knew the weaknesses that would hinder a younger practitioner, unless Asaraa had been blending forms; which was advised by nearly every holochron that Zavii had spoken with.

"Alright," she spoke up, "one beating coming up!" She took another deep breath in, wiggling her rear heel back and forth as she sunk to almost 90 degrees at the knees, then leaned forward and closed with the other girl by making a large upward slash followed by a quick flourish that could serve to parry a thrust or side-strike to the head as well as change the blade's direction to try and tap the Togruta right on the side of her head.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Epistor was very, very late. That she knew. But she came anyway, her goal to finish the sketch of her lightsaber build, and watch her fellows while they trained as she did.

Even though training herself was not her goal, she was always willing to spar, and in such she had strapped her makhaira dagger to her belt.

She had gotten a little too zealous in her reading in the archives, but hopefully she now knew enough--though still admittedly little--to not make a fool of herself.

​Spotting a floor cushion in a corner, under some window, she made her way over to it. As she did, she untied her cloak and began folding it neatly over her arm. When she came to the cushion, she set her cape beside it and sat down. Her legs crossed, and she leaned over her worn leather journal as she began to sketch out the form of her ornate hilt.

She looked up periodically, trying to remain aware of the happenings in the room.

If there was one thing that she’d been taught, that had been drilled into her head from the start of her training in the form it was that Makashi was not a form about power, which was hard for the Togruta to wrap her head around. Asaraa’s natural instinct had always been to barrel in, to use the natural strength of her species to surprise and overwhelm her opponents. But this was the opposite, it was all about footwork, about tactics and grace. So watching her opponent come charging in the Padawan simply refused to be drawn, slipping smoothly away from the strike.

Asaraa took one step backwards and to the side, twisting her body to the side as she circled around Zavii watching her strike forward. The togruta let a smile tug up the corner of her lips as she let her blade lash out at the zabrak’s side as she span on one foot, setting her foot down behind her as she reset her stance, profile towards the other girl.

[member="Zavii"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom