Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padawans Unite: Training

For a weapon that had no actual blade, a light saber always seemed to have a heavy weight that seemed to pull at Asaraa's arms each time she flicked the switch to bring her saber to life. The Padawan new that it was all psychological, a weight in her mind more than any physical presence. It was a measure of what it meant, the blade was always something she'd been skilled with, but recently she'd found herself questioning that skill. Knowing her Kata's was one thing but using them in the real world, she'd found, was something else entirely.

Still, the young woman paused, her blade held by both hands above her head, angled down in a high guard, there were worst ways to spend a morning. She held the pose, eyes closed as she felt the wind playing across her lekku, tugging at her clothes as the sun fell down on the red skin of her arms. The Togruta held the pose for a moment, a statue-like figure perched on the tips of her toes as she pushed her sense out into the temple. She'd messaged the other Padawans, inviting any of them who wanted to join her, it was just a matter of seeing who would turn up.

Reggie was meditating at the time when he received a message through the force. He had went through his daily rounds of researching and practicing, so he decided to make a appearance. As he arrived, he saw [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] there waiting.

"Hello there!"

Ellidar was still laying on the bench, still reading his book, still wondering what was going to happen next.That's when he received it. He looked up from his book, surprised. "A message, for others, and me?" He thought to himself. He closed the book, put it away, and sat upright. He stared at the ground, then at his lightsaber, that was sitting neatly on his utility belt. He nodded and stood up. When he arrive, he saw two others.

"I guess you guys are the other padawans, but who sent the force signal out?"

[member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Akela Ru

Most Adorable Ball of Adorable
Padawan Menace War Journal Entry 542

I have successfully infiltrated the class, Zak would be proud of me... maybe... or auntie Sochi and Rasu. Either way we are learing about saber skills and I shall be the best. using everything that I might be able to do. I have my robes, these synthmesh padawan robes, ten times stronger then the toughest beskar but lightweight then phrik.... more protective and for a lightside jedi it keeps me safe.

Akela was sitting there and the small petite padawan remained in the training gi as it was radiating the lightside of the force for her. She had her field kit as well as her training saber before she was looking at the other togruta with her beads on her montral. Before rising up to look at the others who came into the room giving a large smile on her face when she was looking up at the others with masive doe like eyes. "Helo." She had the milk and candy in her pockets when she puled it out.

Ellidar stared at the three that already here. He noticed an oddity with one. "Always so cheerful." He thought to himself. Since the room was fairly silent Ellidar decided to speak up and say a few words and things on his mind.

"So i'm guessing that this is it. Everyone. I mean, I know there's a little more but still, there not showing up. Is this going to be the group or is there a few more coming?"

[member="Akela Ru"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Kira stopped just before the doors to the training room. She took a deep breath, counted down from ten, and then entered. It's fine, it's going to be fine. The Padawan wore the simple white robes of her Order. Her lightsaber hung from her utility belt. She looked every bit the typical Padawan, though that was a conscious choice. Easier to blend in. Kira took long strides as she made her way to where the others stood. Don't embarrass yourself.

"Hello everyone," she gave each of them a quick look. "Sorry I'm late. I had business with Master Sindal," she lied. Kira had worked on her excuse the whole way there, evening pulling a fake name from a story she had read once.

When she received the message that the other Padawans would be training she was alone in her room, resting. She spent the better part of a half hour working up the nerve to go, arguing with herself over and over again. Finally, she decided that it was worth going, after all, she had been putting in more effort lately in social activities and so far they hadn't gone so bad. By the time she left the campus she was already late, and was too ashamed to say the real reason she had taken so long. It's better this way.

Kira stood with the others, though she still kept her distance. "What are you all training in today?" She wondered whether the other students were interested in matters of the Force, or the lightsaber.

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Jerit was meditating in his room as usual, though something was different. He felt someone or something... out there. He had a grasp on it but was unknown to him. It felt very weird feeling that presence. It was as if it was from some place he had known...

Then he felt a message come through to him. He sensed the connection was familiar, until Jerit pinpointed in his mind that it was his friend, Asaraa. Jerit opened his eyes and let a huge breath of air out of his mouth. He looked in front of him and on the ground was his Father's lightsaber.

Training? Alright, let's see what's in store for this.

The boy caught balance in his feet and stood up without any assistance from his arms. He picked up the lightsaber, changed into his Jedi Robes, and headed toward the location of the force message.

On the way, he was reciting the Jedi code over and over and over. He focused on one line. There is no emotion, there is peace. Jerit had proposed to himself to let go of his rash emotions and to be at peace. It was hard, but the boy thinks he is making progress.

His Jedi boots thumped around the temple until he soon discovered the location of the force message. He entered in without any hesitation and noticed familiar and unfamiliar faces.

He bowed towards Vaashe and gave a playful grin.

"I hope I am not too late for this. I could use some training to brush up."

Jerit turned his head to the other padawans and gave them a smile.

"Greetings! I cannot wait to train with each and every one of you!"

Did he show emotion? Jerit was thinking about that line too much in his head...

[member="Akela Ru"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Kira Novak"] | [member="Ellidar Pertho"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"]

Cassius Droma was sitting on a cargo crate in the hangar bay, looking over a historical entry on his datapad while the mechanics worked away on the Stardust Melody. One of the cargo elevators had been stuttering as it opened and shut recently, and the young Jedi wanted to make sure that it was safe to fly before he tried to take it into orbit again. Having a sudden decompression in either space or hyperspace would leave him not a great place.

A call through the Force caught his attention. Raising his eyebrow, he put down the datapad and sighed. He needed more training, but a part of him just wanted to tinker with the Stardust all day. Regardless, he’d been neglecting his Jedi duties, so he figured this would count. Grabbing his utility belt, he clipped it over his Jedi robes. Still lacking a lightsaber since he’d given his away, a collapsible jo staff was in its place at his hip, and his trusty A180 blaster had once more taken its place on his thigh.

It hadn’t taken him long to find the source of the Force call, and Cassius scanned the area, taking note of each Padawan. They were certainly an inhomogeneous group, varying by gender, species, and especially age. If Cassius had to hazard a guess, he’d have to say he was the possibly the oldest one there, but that wasn’t to say he was the most skilled. He’d been in a few conflicts before, yes, but he’d only recently started his Jedi training, relatively speaking. Even the younger Padawan here could have years of training on him.

“Hi,” Cassius gave a slight nod.

[SIZE=11pt][member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Ellidar Pertho"] | [member="Akela Ru"] | [member="Kira Novak"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"][/SIZE]

Akela Ru

She was the smallest one there and the cutest... and the most awesome by far with a handful of the candies while she looked at the ones arriving for herself. Getting a better idea so she could add them to the padawan menace war journal for future generations to understand... next to the stick figures of them all. Or maybe she would get the plushies... plushies were cool and it gave you chance to have pillows in those new sleping pods that had been made. Aside from the awesome night sleep from the force crystals.... gel layering and everything else... Son-Jan had an x-wing frame on his. She moved towards [member="Cassius Droma"] offering some of the sweet jellied candies. and looking up with a mouthful of multicolored blob in her mouth. "Hello, want some candy?"

Asaraa finally shifted, her thumb sliding up the side of her lightsaber as she clicked the blade off, the thrum dying away as she let go of the lightsaber, catching it as she pulled it in towards her bet with the force. The young woman turned a grin on the group of Padawan's who'd collected as she stooped to grab a towel off the ground. She could see one or two familiar faces in the group as she waved over at Jerit and Reggie, but a whole lot more that she just didn't know...yet.

"You know, I kinda figured that one or two people might show up. I didn't figure on well, everyone being here."

For a moment the Togruta fell silent as she glanced over at the assembled crowd, losing her confidence for a brief moment before the smile returned in full force and she dropped her towel to the ground next to her, leaving it lying there in a heap as her lightsaber leapt back into her hand.

"Since we're all here then I figured lightsabers might be the easiest, unless someone particularly wants to practice with the force?"

[member="Akela Ru"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"] | [member="Kira Novak"] | [member="Ellidar Pertho"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"]

Having all these Padawans together felt nice. In this room, everyone was trying to improve their skills and strive to become Jedi. That was something they could all relate to, something that would bring them together at times like these, and for the future. There were a lot of people here Reggie hadn't met yet, so it was his goals to make friends of everyone and figure out what they specialized in.

Listening Asaraa, Reggie felt a bit nervous. He didn't mind practicing with lightsabers, but his skill with them was.....lacking. He was more attuned with his force abilities. Everyone here would most likely be better than him in lightsaber combat, and that is what made him nervous. What better way to improve than with the company of good friends though?

"I'm alright with that! My skills with a lightsaber are lacking considerably, but that's even more of a reason to practice with them, right?"

Scratching the back of his head, Reggie grabbed his lightsaber hilt from his belt, holding it in his right hand.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Akela Ru"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"] [member="Kira Novak"] [member="Ellidar Pertho"]

Akela Ru

"I'm.....[unintelligle garlbling as she eats." Akela stood there and was looking at all of them as she had the candy but also the snack cakes and some milk to wash it down. Getting a small grin on her face that was wider and wider until she had gotten out the training saber she would be able to use for this. If they practiced saber skills or skills with the force then as she looked up at all of the tall people and wondered who she might have to train with.

Ellidar stared at the lot of padawans. He noticed when the Togruta said "lightsaber", some of them rather had a look on their faces that said "Yes!" or "No!". Ellidar laughed. He had recently been training with his lightsaber more than ever. So Ellidar had no purpose of saying no. Ellidar grabbed his lightsaber, and spinned it in his palm. He knew this would be the perfect opportunity to work on his skills overall, but on the new technique he's working on.

"Alright. Let's go. I'm ready for it." Ellidar said smirking, as he knew this would be a fierce competition that he would enjoy.

[member="Akela Ru"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Kira Novak"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Kira was glad to learn that most of the other Padawans were interested in lightsaber combat. Something I'm good at, she thought. Her abilities with the Force came and went, and she often had trouble controlling it, but fighting with a blade was something she never found difficult. In fact, it was one of the only things she was actually good at. I can't rely on the Force, she lamented, but I can always count on my sword. She unclipped the saber from her utility belt. Now, I just need to find an opponent. There were so many others, and she wasn't sure who was paired up yet, or who was looking for a partner. Best just to ask.

Kira stepped forward from the back of the room. Her trust in her abilities pushed her nervousness out of the way, down deep within where it couldn't escape. "I'm looking for a sparring partner," she announced to those around her. "Anyone want to go a round?"

[member="Akela Ru"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Ellidar Pertho"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"]

The little Togruta came right up to him and offered him candy. Not one to say no, Cassius kneeled down and put on the best smile he could. “Um… sure, thanks,” he took one and plopped it in his mouth. Cute little thing. Hard to think that one day she’d grow up to become a powerful warrior.

It was settled upon that lightsabers would be the subject of their training session that day. Cassius raised an eyebrow and tried to not look disappointed. Looking around, he could see that he was the only one, sans the youngling, that was lacking a lightsaber. Everyone else seemed rather eager to get started, as was typical – if he had been their age and owned a glowing sword that could cut through anything, he would have used any opportunity he could to use it.

And yet, here he was, a Jedi who had given his lightsaber away.

One of the other Padawan stepped forward, asking for a sparring partner. Typically, Cassius would have stayed silent and watched from the sidelines in order to study their technique, but seeing as how the young woman was probably the closest to him in age, the young Jedi stepped forward. He had also quickly found that he learned better by doing, rather than watching – some of the time.

“I’ll go,” he said, standing opposite of her. Realizing he needed an actual lightsaber, as his metal jo staff would get sliced in half the moment their blades met, Cassius looked over to a small rack off to the side where a few training sabers sat. Reaching out his hand, the one on the top whipped into his hand, making a nice slapping sound as it hit his palm. Flicking the activator switch, he frowned slightly as a yellow blade sprang forth. Not exactly his color.

He looked to his opponent. “I’m Cassius, by the way.”

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Ellidar Pertho"] | [member="Akela Ru"] | [member="Kira Novak"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

A Padawan stepped forward to meet her challenge. She was glad that he was at least around her age. It would have been weird to fight someone younger, especially that little one, she thought, glancing over at Akela. I wonder why he didn't bring a blade of his own? A Jedi was never without his weapon, she thought, hopefully that training saber is up to the task. Her lightsaber ignited, casting a blue glow over the two of them.

"I'm Kira." She gave him a grin. "It's nice to meet you."

She circled the man slowly, holding her blade in one hand as she looked for an angle of attack. I'll use Djem So in this fight, I need the practice with it. Only recently had Kira begun studying Form V under her Master, and she was not at the level of skill with it as she was with Soresu. She stopped and began circling around Cassius in the other direction, like a predator hunting its prey. I have to get out of the defensive mindset that Form III has taught me. It's time to press the assault.

"Get ready, Cassius!"

Kira pushed forward, quickly closing the distance to her target. She brought her saber up for a two-handed strike, the signature attack of Djem So, the "Falling Avalanche". Down came her weapon, cutting through the air as it made its way towards her opponent. She held back slightly, ready to stop in-case he couldn't block the strike, which limited the power of her blow. The last thing Kira wanted to do was harm a fellow Jedi in a training session.

[member="Cassius Droma"]

After the young woman introduced herself as Kira, she wasted absolutely no time in pressing the attack. Her downwards strike was a classic one, indicative of some of the more aggressive lightsaber styles. Not that Cassius paid too much attention to which styles did what, or worried himself about which specifically numbered form he adhered to. He used knowledge and cunning, defense with counter attack, but not too strong to over-extend himself. If someone were to label him with a specific style, it would probably be Shien, the more defensive of the Form V variants.

With the power behind the attack, it would be foolish to try and block it outright – it would be a waste of energy. Completely dodging it could prove fruitful, but there wasn’t enough time. The logical course of action would be to redirect. Cassius wasn’t even thinking about this, as much as he was letting his trained body and the Force move through him to act.

He side-stepped to the right, bringing his saber up in a horizontal parry, but angled slightly down towards the tip of the blade. With any luck, this would drive her momentum off, and he would have an opening at her legs. If successful, Cassius would go for her knees. Luckily, he was wielding only a training saber, so if he did actually hit her, it would only leave a bruise instead of leaving her without legs.

[member="Kira Novak"]

Kira's saber hummed through the air as it made its way down towards Cassius. She watched him step to the side and bring up his own weapon for what she thought was a block. Before their blades connected she thrust down even harder, hoping to overpower him when their swords met. Instead, Cassius opted to redirect her saber, turning her blade, leaving her weapon skidding off the side of his and hitting nothing but air. Damn, she cursed herself. Too aggressive, I need to take my time.

But Cassius' counter didn't stop there. His blade continued on its course downwards, aiming for her kneecaps. There's no time to block! She instinctively jumped over his saber, leaning backwards into it to put some distance between him. But it wasn't enough, she couldn't get the height to clear his blade completely. The training saber made contact with the side of her ankle, nicking it as she tried to tuck her legs up as far as they go. She landed a few feet away from him, trying not to let him see the surprise and pain that she was feeling. If that were a real saber I might have needed some implants to walk, she thought, thinking of what the injury could have looked like. The pain is still there, I won't be able to do much running for the rest of the fight.

She walked towards Cassius to close the rest of the distance, trying to disguise the fact that her movement was hampered. I have to keep him distracted from my injury, she decided. Kira slashed out at her opponent in succession with a quick one-two strike. Her blade swung at an angle at chest-height, first at his right side, and then she quickly moved to bring it around to his left. The swings were wild and reckless, and she wasn't worried about her own defense, she merely was concentrating on keeping the assault on Cassius, not allowing him a moment to breathe and notice her weakness.

[member="Cassius Droma"]

His attack was mildly successful. He’d gotten her ankle rather than her knee, but a hit was a hit, and he made a mental note of it. Any swordsman knew that an important facet of dueling was footwork, and if he’d managed to hinder her ability to do that, he’d use that to his advantage. Then again, the way she recovered suggested that she wasn’t as affected as he previously thought. Or, she was good at fighting through pain. Either way, he felt the need to test his theory.

Just as he was going to pick at her defenses, she pressed the attack once again, making horizontal strikes at him. The moves seemed wild and erratic. Typically, this would work in Cassius’s favor, but the fact of the matter was, he couldn’t predict her moves at this point. His lack of need to loosen up made him ironically susceptible to this type of attack.

Her saber nipped at his left shoulder, and he hissed as he recoiled, the searing heat burning through his robe and searing his flesh. Not a serious wound by any means, but one that certainly made him stop for a moment. He stretched out his left arm as his right kept a hold on the saber for defense. Testing the mobility of his arm, he determined it wouldn’t take him out of the fight, but it would certainly burn until he could get to a medical ward.

“Not bad,” Cassius nodded, his left hand gripping the training saber once again. Now it was time to see how the injury he’d inflicted upon her actually affected her. With fluid movements, he moved forward, with slashes and stabs that wouldn’t be followed through, so he could recover and block within a moment’s notice if needed. By moving around himself, he hoped to wear her down and eventually make the pain in her ankle enough for him to deliver another, more powerful blow.

[member="Kira Novak"]

Her saber made contact with his shoulder, burning a hole through his robes and eliciting a hiss in response. Now the playing field is even. Her opponent stopped for a moment, clearly testing the extent of his wound. He moved his left arm around while he held his saber with his right. To Kira, it didn't seem that it would hamper him too much, though that burn looks like it should be treated soon. On one hand, she was glad that she was able to land a blow, but on the other, she was worried that their fight could soon end with one of them severely hurt. I should have used a training saber, she lamented.

Still, Cassius came forward, undeterred by his wound. He swung at her much like she had done earlier, using quick strikes to keep her off-balanced. Kira struggled to keep up with his assault. She was completely on the defensive now, only blocking with her saber, unable to counter with a slash of her own. He moved her back across the training room as she fought to stay afoot. The pain in her ankle slowed her considerably, and she was almost limping with every step. I'm protecting it too much, she knew, I'll never win like this. But he's injured too. I'll do something to end this now, for better or for worse. What choice do I have? She grimaced.

She put all her weight on her injured ankle, twisting away from Cassius after one of his strikes. Kira cried out in pain, but she had successfully put more than a blades-length of distance away from her opponent, giving her much needed time to collect herself. She gripped her blade tightly in both hands. Kira swung hard at him, her blade seared through the air to make contact with his own at chest height. She was purposefully swinging at his blade instead of going for his body. The preparation for her attack wasn't nearly as fast as she would have liked, and the incoming strike was widely telegraphed. Still, she thought, this could end both of our suffering now. She was unsure whether he would simply try and block the saber, dodge it, or counter with a powerful strike of his own. Kira put everything she had into this final strike, but her ankle gave out slightly during her swing, causing her blade to waver in mid-air and lose some power.

[member="Cassius Droma"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom