Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Out of the Ice, and Into the the Unknown

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
3190162-u1

Having been dropped off by Gotto outside the jedi temple, Jonyna was left to her own devices. She took a moment to just...stare at the outside of the temple. A sight she was denied as a child, the chance to become one of the knights of the galaxy, heroes to all. Or at least, that's what she had been told. Her journey with her old crew had rusted away at her heroic myth she had built up for the jedi.

But Gotto told her that things were different now. Hopefully she could keep Giran's memory alive, and show the galaxy what she was made of. There were sith still about? She'd take them down, Cathar style. Valery Noble Valery Noble Iris Arani Iris Arani

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Iris Arani Iris Arani

After spotting a ship coming down at the Landing pad outside, and receiving a message up in the Council Chambers about a new arrival, Valery made her way down the elevator. She stepped through Temple Halls, greeted some other Jedi, and paused right at the entrance of the Temple. The view from up there, even after seeing it hundreds of times, never ceased to amaze her and the way the wind blew through her hair was something she enjoyed as well.

But once her fiery gaze focused on the presence she felt not too far up ahead, Valery decided to make her way over. She wouldn't be alone, however — from the Temple, she sensed another familiar presence approaching. Her former Padawan had returned from medical school not too long ago, and even helped save her life.

It seemed that whoever visited for the first time would at least be received warmly.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Waking up out of ice?

Iris snickered at the similarity. She walked through the halls, idly flicking through a holoprojection displayed before her. Domxite, her ever faithful friend, had some pretty handy features now in their droid suit, such as this display.

"Gotto said she's from.. Nine hundred years ago. These the common diseases from that time?" A flash of emotion in the Force was her answer. She nodded in perfect understanding.

"Good. Couple scans, then. Gotto didn't think she was sick but you can't be too careful, huh?" Another flash of emotion, then a familiar sight. The colors that made of the Force for the young Keshain brightened in a way she was all too familiar with. She didn't look up from the projection, but she did raise a hand.

"Hey, Master. Seems this one isn't as old as you but doesn't this feel familiar?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

The Cathar seemed to catch herself, shaking her head as she brought herself out of her daze.

"Right, let's not look like a Gorg and actually go...inside."

She paused at the sight of the woman coming down the stairs. Her first exposure to a real jedi...

Alright Jonyna, go time. Don't look like an idiot.

She took a step towards Valery...and immediately fell on her face after missing a stair.

Damnit!

It took a moment for the Cathar to pick herself up, letting out a weak
"Ummm....hi?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble Iris Arani Iris Arani

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Iris Arani Iris Arani

"Iris," Valery said, her smile much brighter now that she saw her former Padawan again and... realized just how much she had changed. Grown. Sure, she had seen Iris on that medical station when she saved her life, but this was different. Valery was finally able to look at her with clarity, and while she saw that familiar young woman who often really got under her skin, she also recognized how much she had matured.

She was so proud, and she couldn't hide that in her smile.

"Not as old as me, huh," Valery then grumbled. "But it is familiar, yes." She chuckled and turned to meet the newcomer... only for the younger woman to fall over on the stairs. Valery blinked, briefly glanced at Iris, and then back at the Cathar.

"Greetings, I'm Master Noble and this is Knight Arani - welcome to the Temple."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Mm. You're from the Old Republic. She's from the fall of the Empire. So.. You're older." Very factual, and if not for the grin on Iris's face behind the screen she absolutely wasn't making fun of Valery. Domxite's projection blipped off as the door opened and the new woman popped in and.. Fell. On her face.

Iris blinked. Domxite on the other hand hopped down. They immediately went to scan Jonyna, both for injuries and go check for any ancient illnesses. Always better to be safe than sorry.

"Yes, welcome. I was told you woke from ice? Are you feeling anything odd, abnormal, or painful right now? .. Asides from your face. From the fall. Where you landed on your face."

DeadpoolMLP

"No, I'm...fine." She took a moment to touch a finger to her nose, checking for any form of bleeding. "Definitely fine. And yeah, woke up on an ice planet, found a monkey, got taken here."

She took a moment to stand up, brushing herself off, before offering the master a handshake. "Jonyna Si, Knight. Though, not sure at this point. Does my knighthood have an expiration date? Because if so, I'm like 900 years out of date. Also, technically didn't get it from a master. Got it from a fellow knight. Sylvar? You ever heard of her? I found her ghost back in my day."

She shook her head, taking a long breath. Her mind was racing. She was at the jedi temple, talking to a master. "Sorry, just...this is a first for me. Back in my day, this was all under the Empire's control. Even getting close to the core worlds would be a death wish for folks like me. Stormtroopers everywhere and..." she paused, wrinkling her nose. "Sith, I think they were called. Evil Jedi, as far as I was ever aware. Only ever met the one inquisitor. He was my best friend's secret brother. Not a great day, friend lost his hand."

The bot wouldn't find any injuries other than old scars and maybe a cut on her nose. Illnesses, she was amazingly healthy for someone who's been in the ice for 900 years. She might have a cold though.

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Iris Arani Iris Arani DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

"I'll remember this," Valery told Iris with narrowed eyes before it was time to meet the new Jedi. She had made an unfortunate fall, but seemed to be alright, and confirmed it when Iris mentioned it and asked how she felt in general. A good question because she could still remember what coming out of stasis was like for herself. She was blind at first, couldn't walk or use her muscles properly, and it took a little while to make that full recovery.

But there were different types of stasis, and perhaps the amount of time trapped mattered a little too.

"Jedi tend to be thorough and serious about Knighting because it's a big step on our journey. So, I'd say you're still considered a Jedi Knight, as long as you feel ready for it." If she was from 900 years ago, nobody could blame her for not having been promoted by a Jedi Master. There weren't exactly many of them around after Order 66.

Valery then briefly looked around and dipped her head, "Take all the time you need to get adjusted. Things are very different now, and coming out of such a long time in stasis is not easy. I remember the struggles I had to go through." But also the people who had helped her, and as she briefly touched her wedding ring, she smiled at those memories.

"If you'd like, we can go into the Temple and talk more. Unless you think she should go through medical examination or treatment first?" She looked at Iris now.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

There was a surge of emotion from the little droid, bleeding through the Force in a surprisingly living way. Such was the nature of the Rainbow Gem within that controlled it. Domxite could only truly speak in emotion. Which, to most, was just a rush of feelings that made no sense. To Iris? A wave of colors that she could read as clearly as she could read a book.

"She seems fine by the scan. Maybe a cold, but nothing serious or contagious. If you start to feel anything off though, do be sure to tell someone. Nine hundred years is a very long time to be under ice. There's no telling what could be wrong."

Domxite hopped back up on her shoulder as Iris extended a hand with a bright smile. It wasn't as heavily scarred as it had been before, thankfully, but she still was missing the portion near where her pinky had once been.

"Iris. Also a Knight, though I've been more focused on being a doctor as of late."

DeadpoolMLP

"No, I think I should be fine. Let's go inside before I actually catch a cold." Jonyna at that, let out a sneeze. "So...I never got the chance to ask Gotto. What exactly happened to the Empire?"

She took a breath, looking back up to the temple doors briefly, taking the first step. Alright, don't fall on your face this time.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Iris Arani Iris Arani DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

"Very well," Valery said before turning around to head back to the Temple. They'd pass by some guards along the way, but soon stepped into the grand halls of the Coruscant Temple. To their new arrival, it was likely something she had only seen in forms of media she may have collected, and all of it would look similar.

The rebuilding of the Temple had been done according to original designs.

"The Rebellion eventually managed to defeat the Empire at several critical battles, the most notable one being the Battle of Yavin, where the Emperor's death and Darth Vader's atonement and subsequent death meant the collapse of their power structure. Remnants of the Empire went on to fight for a long time, but the New Republic formed and the Galaxy shifted into slightly better times."

She paused. "There are a lot of specifics I'm skipping, but you could read up on everything here in the archives if you'd like."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Mm. There's quite a lot that happened, and rarely any of it actually matters in this day. There's another Empire, another group of Sith, several at that anyway, and all kinds of other threats. We just ended one of the longest wars we've had, so it's a time of peace where we can have it. A good time to at least learn the state of the Galaxy without worrying about being hunted."

Iris shrugged a little.

DeadpoolMLP

"That's good to hear at least..." She sighed, shifting after a moment to a pout. "Kinda a bummer I didn't get to do anything to help much."

The cathar took a moment to just...take in the front hall of the temple. Seeing it for the first time in person left her a bit slack jawed.

"...Giran would've loved this." She muttered, before pausing, looking back to the two. "When...everything went to hell, I was only 5. I was on my way to the planet when I had to flee for my life. So, this is all...a bit awe inspiring." She smiled at Valery, dropping into a short bow. "You're the first real Master I've ever met. I'd love to learn anything you have to teach me..."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Iris Arani Iris Arani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom