Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Our turn to babysit

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png
Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa (Kahlil free to join)

"This will be interesting..." Valery muttered to herself while she looked at the sleeping triplets. Vera was still in her own room, either playing or trying to study, and soon enough, two more kids would arrive when Alicio showed up. If they all slept or at least weren't awake at the same time, it'd be easy enough to handle them. But the idea of all 6 of them being awake and needing attention at the same time was quite... frightening.

It was, however, the least she could do for her friend. Alicio and Amani Serys Amani Serys also needed their time alone, and they had been babysitters for Vera more times than she could ever remember. Still, six kids were quite a challenge to handle, and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was still on his way home from an assignment away from Coruscant. Maybe if he made it back in time, he'd be able to help or at least be some good company.

She always loved it when the whole family was home, and luckily she loved kids. She could do this.

"Vera?" Valery called out.

"Hmmm?!"

"Can you help with your siblings? Alicio will be here soon, so I'll have to get his kids settled." She had to still feed the triplets too after they'd wake up, and knowing them, they would also want to play or at least be close to their mom.

Hopefully, Alicio's kids were less attention needy.

"Okay!" Vera called back before running over into the room with her siblings. Aurra had woken up, and while Valery would usually hold her and sway her, that task was now for Vera to handle.

"I think I feel Alicio approaching. Want to come look at his kids with me?" Valery smirked because she already knew the answer.

CORUSCANT
OUTSIDE THE NOBLE RESIDENCE
What if something went wrong? What if there was trouble, and he wasn't there to help? What if Lia and Aug got lonely? What if...

It was the first time both Amani and Alicio had to be away from the twins. With her pregnancy over, Amani had Jedi duties off-world, and an emergency, last-minute meeting at the Senate pulled him away. He'd considered bringing Liana and August with him, but quickly thought better. They were at an age where they needed constant attention. He couldn't multitask that well.

Finally, with nowhere else to turn, Alicio called up Val. He was lucky she said yes. She was probably the best person to look after the little Organas, what with her experience and close ties to the family, but he couldn't help but worry.

Hell, he couldn't stop thinking about them when he left the kids with Amani. How would he ever focus on the Senate, knowing that August and Liana were without both of their parents?

Alicio walked up to the Nobles' door with a million awful things that could happen plaguing his thoughts, a large, egg-shaped hover-pram floating behind him. Within the open capsule laid the most beautiful things Alicio had ever seen; his children. Both were awake, staring at their new surroundings with a clueless sort of speechlessness only young babies could attempt. They turned as much as they could, drinking in the sights with open-mouthed, wide-eyed awe.

Both children looked almost as if someone had mixed Amani and Alicio's features together in a bowl, and poured the contents out into two tiny forms. Liana had lighter, soft green skin, while August held a darker shade similar to his mother. They both had already begun growing dark hair, though they were young enough for it to still be wispy. And they both had splotches of Alicio's skin tone, almost like inkblots on their bodies. Liana only had one over her right eye, but August had many across his body, including one over his left eye.

Looking at his wonderful kids one last time, Alicio sighed, and knocked on Val's door.

- Valery Noble Valery Noble -

Last edited:

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png
Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Knock, knock, knock.

"Mommy, come ooon!" Vera yelled while she sprinted for the door, reached for the button and opened it. Valery was walking up right behind her, chuckling, but Vera was already laughing and running up to Alicio for a big hug. "Alicio!" she bounced excitedly and stepped back as her mother made her approach.

"Good evening," Valery said with a smile, before glancing down at Vera, who was suddenly a lot quieter. Slowly and carefully, the little Noble walked up to the baby carrier, and glanced down at the two little Organas inside. They were so small, just like her siblings, and the longer she watched them, the calmer she seemed. It was incredibly strange to see her not being chaotic and energetic, but she knew what it meant to be surrounded by little kids.

She had to protect them.

"Oh my gosh, just look at them!" Valery squealed a little herself now, crouched down and placed one hand on Vera's shoulder. "They're cute, hm?" She asked her daughter. Vera just quietly nodded and waved her hand gently at the two babies, hoping they'd react to it.

"Liana is hungry," Vera then said suddenly. "Maybe she wants snackies too?"

Valery blinked, looked up at Alicio and chuckled, "No snackies, sweetie, but we'll take care of it." She stood up now, and quickly offered Alicio a friendly hug. "I know it's not easy to give up your kids," She told him, knowing just how hard it had always been for her to give up Vera.

"But I promise we'll keep them safe and warm. If you'd like, I can send you some pictures of them relaxing with us. Might help you get through that boring meeting of yours."

Vera giggled.

There was barely a delay before Vera bolted through the door, throwing herself onto Alicio for a big hug. Thankfully, Alicio was ready for her, kneeling to her level, and embracing the little girl with a chuckle. "Hey, Vera. Fancy seeing you here."

Then, looking over her shoulder at Val's approach, Alicio stood, smiling, although he'd regained a bit of the nervousness he'd forgotten interacting with Vera. "Good evening, Val." He stepped aside, laying a hand on the top of the pram, and giving both Nobles the chance to see inside. Both of their reactions caused him to smile proudly.

At Vera's waved hand, August kicked his legs a little, and Liana reached out her own hand, as if to grip Vera's with her stubby fingers.

Alicio accepted Valery's hug, the tension in his shoulders obvious to the touch. "No, it is not," he agreed, twisting his lip. "Not that I don't trust you. I really do. It's just... I don't like being away from them." He would be back soon, he kept telling himself. Soon.

Valery's idea of taking pictures brought a smile to his face. "I'd really like that, I think." He looked back down at his children once, before taking a deep breath Stared into their eyes, August's deep blue, and Liana's cloudy grey. "Their formula is in there, along with extra onesies if they need them, a few diapers, and their stuffed thranta. I'm not sure if they really care about it, but making it fly for August put him to sleep once, so maybe it'll help?" He frowned. "Both Liana and August are a bit grabby, and if one starts crying, the other will certainly join in for no reason whatsoever. I think they just don't want to be left out."

Alicio sighed, absently playing with his hands. "Is there anything else you need? Anything else I can do?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png

While Vera smiled and sacrificed her hand to Liana, Valery pulled back from the brief hug knowing that this wasn't an easy thing for Alicio. But as a parent, Valery understood that perfectly. "The first time I dropped Vera off at your place, I stayed just outside your door in the hallway for at least 20 minutes. Just in case she started crying or wanted her mom." Valery chuckled about it now, but back then she had been so nervous.

"So trust me, I completely understand how you feel."

Luckily, the idea of pictures seemed to make him feel a little better, and she was also planning to send him little updates. Perhaps he wouldn't be able to read them if he was stuck in meetings, but at least he'd know exactly what was going on the second he got a chance to look. It would be something Valery would love as a mother, so she figured he'd feel the same way as well. He was clearly a very caring and protective parent, too.

"I think I have everything I need, but we also ahve plenty of supplies in case we do need more." The one benefit of also having several babies, she supposed. "Vera will keep them company as well, I'm sure, so they won't feel lonely either. Right, Vera?" Valery asked but Vera didn't answer.

She was too busy playing with the babies already.

"I just hope they don't all start crying. Five of them is quite a lot," she smirked. "But if they do, I'm more than ready to comfort them all." She then began to grin and gently nudged Vera back, so she could take the babies over from Alicio, as long as he allowed her to.

"Now I think they just want their dad's kiss, and then he better run or he's going to be late for his meeting." She winked and stepped aside so he could have his last little moment with his kids before leaving for now.

"So trust me, I completely understand how you feel."

Alicio sighed a little, expelling some nervous tension, and tried a resigned smile. Of course she knew how he felt. She'd been through this particular ringer before. "Yeah. Alright. Okay." Hearing that there was nothing more he could do to assist didn't help his nerves. What did help his nerves was the attentiveness of Vera. Already seeing her doting over his children, Alicio braved a smile. With both of them watching over August and Liana, they would be just fine.

"I just hope they don't all start crying. Five of them is quite a lot. But if they do, I'm more than ready to comfort them all."

Alicio chuckled under his breath. "Two is already too much for me. Good luck, Val."

But finally, it was time to say goodbye, for now. Slowly, Alicio nodded to Valery, before leaning down next to the pram, and letting a finger run across both babies' cheeks. "Be good, you two. I'll be back soon, I swear." The twins looked up at him. August pumped his legs wildly, while Liana reached out a hand towards his nose. Staying there for a moment longer, rubbing Liana's hand with his thumb, the Count hesitantly rose, before stepping aside, and letting Valery take the pram inside. "Let me know the second anything goes wrong, and I'll be here."

Alicio would watch as Valery, Vera, and his kids would finally disappear inside the apartment, and would look on for a few long seconds after, before turning away.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png

"Two is already too much for me. Good luck, Val."

"I'll need it." She flashed him a grin and looked down at the little ones again. No matter how easy or difficult they'd be this evening, Valery was confident that she could manage it all. In fact, she was really looking forward to just an evening at home with kids around her. Between war zones, pirates in the outer rim and Sith schemes, this was going to be a lot less stressful to her, but only because she was a mother with experience.

It was still a huge responsibility that she'd never underestimate.

Valery then watched her friend lean down to tell his kids goodbye for now, and smiled softly. "I'll let you know, but I'm sure it's going to be alright." She looked at the little ones for a moment and then grinned at Alicio, "We'll try not to have too much fun while you're stuck in meetings." She shot him a wink this time and gently pulled the pram inside the apartment, so she could step around and offer Alicio a final dip of her head before he departed.

"Bye Alicio!" Vera called out after him before the door closed.

"Let's set them up at the couch, hm? I'll turn on the holo and if you can watch them for me, I'll make us some snackies."

Vera smiled wide and hopped up, "Okay!" Without another word, she sprinted to the room with her siblings and gently began to ready them to be moved. Their stuffed animals were relocated, their pacifiers were collected and the holo was turned on. Valery just snickered and retreated into the kitchen for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom