Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Own Little Shadowport

[member="Spark Finn"]

He wandered after her.

"It probably has more than that." Hutts, for whatever reason, used technology that was outright outdated. They used ancient terminals and machines that should have been thrown away years ago. That meant more than likely the RAN had already infected several of the systems that the Hutt's operated and utilized on a daily basis.

"We can see if we have any of their systems compromised." His hands gently came to rest upon her knees. "You may not have to go anywhere if I can just show you whatever the Hutts are up to."

That would be nice. Less danger. "What's the Hutt's name?"

Spark Finn

Encrypt Code: 1989//
[member="Munin"]

"Hmm," blonde-brows knit together. It made sense. She'd used all her available resources and those on the darknet to get in, and couldn't. Maybe the codex could do better. Then again, maybe she'd still have to go through with the original plan. Even though she wasn't looking forward to Tatooine. Still, probably better than Hoth.

#freezeyobuttoff

His hands went on her bony knees. Lips twitched into the smallest of smiles and her pale-cheeks got a little more red. #foreverblush She's trusted Munin with almost her entire life's story. He knew her affiliates with the Underground and the Alliance. Giving him the hutt's name would be one more small step to trust.

She took a small breath.

"Rekali. Rekali the Hutt."

[member="Spark Finn"]

He blinked. "Yeah I have no idea who that is."

Munin figured it was best to be honest.

To be fair to him, even he couldn't know everything. Sure it was his business to gather information, but...well he'd gathered a lot of it over the years, not to mention everything that the Red Codex gave him access to. There was no doubt in his mind that he had something on this particular Hutt, but off the stop of his head head was about as useless as one could be. He shrugged though, not feeling particularly pressed about the situation given that they were in a pool.

His thumbs gently stroked across her skin.

"We'll check the database." He told her with a small smile. "Then see if the Codex can show us anything."

Easy enough, this apartment had an uplink to the server.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"And here I thought you knew it all," she teased quietly, foot splashing some water at the information broker. Bony shoulders shook in a quick laugh. If Munin wanted dry hair, it didn't stay that way for long. Face quickly turned serious and a hand went down to wrap around his fingers.

"If we don't find anything, it's okay. I'm sure I'll be fine."

#apro #don'tremindhimaboutthebadstuff

No need to remind him about wanted lists and those trivial things. She'd always lived in the shadows or on the fringe. She could take care of herself. Usually. Most times. As long as there weren't sith.

"Are you ever going to let me teach you how to swim or did you want to look that up now?"

[member="Spark Finn"]

He did want to learn, but in truth it wasn't really something he was interested in right now. The information was important too, but...well that also seemed to pale in comparison to what he actually wanted to do.

"I." Munin began. "Kind of just want to sit in the pool with you."

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Maybe it was a paltry request, maybe it was too much, but he figured that being honest would be the best path. He didn't want to run around, he didn't want to go on another adventure, at least not right off the bat. Munin wanted to relax with Spark, he wanted to talk to her, be a bit silly with her. He wanted to just sit. There would always be plenty of time for whatever else they had to do next, but right now they had time to themselves, and that was important.

More important than some Hutt.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Blue-eyes widened in surprise. What he said made her want to blush more than his touch normally did. He just...wanted to spend time with her. Or get super wrinkly in the pool. Which she'd totally tease him later. Maybe.

#sorrynotsorry

"Oh. Okay," she spoke shyly and awkwardly. Then, she did the most mature and un-awkward thing ever. Foot came up to splash him again. And she laughed, a clear bell-like sound.

[member="Spark Finn"]

Munin blinked repeatedly, water slowly dripped down from his hair. "Huh."

He said quietly.

For a moment more he simply stood there, quietly, watching her, and then...he struck. Like a viper Munin reached out and grabbed Spark. His arms wrapped around her in an instant, pulling her up and off the edge of the pool so he could toss her over his shoulder.

He then quickly let himself simply fall back into the water.

Grinning like a fool all the way down.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Wha-Mun-nonono-," mouth hit water followed by the rest of her body. And Munin. Bony-elbow came up toward the back of Munin's head. Bony-knee knocked into Munin's side as she scrambled to lift her head above water, essentially climbing up Munin's body.

She gasped, temporarily blinded as water dripped down her lenses. Glasses were already halfway down her freckled-nose and it was a wonder she didn't lost them in the pool.

#almost

Nose half full of water, she sputtered. "You cheated!"

[member="Spark Finn"]

"How is it cheating?" He asked as he tried not to flinch too much from the new bruises he now had. "I simply used the tools available to me."

Her arms were half wrapped around him, Spark having clambered up his body to get out of the water.

"All is fair in love and war." He told her with a smirk.

For a moment he briefly wondered if he should have installed a hot tub in this place as well. The idea hadn't exactly come to him before now, though he would make a note of it and perhaps get one for a later date. He always did enjoy those things...at least when they were clean.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Pffft," she sputtered. Tight grip around the top of his head relinquished slowly. She slid back down so her forearms rested on his shoulders. Fingers pushed beneath her glasses to try and wipe the chlorine out of her eyes, Munin's arms and the water the only thing holding her up.

Glasses were still totally smudged up.

#andhesaidthescarywordeventhoughjoking

Her blonde, soaked hair was a hot mess. She blinked at him and released a nervous laugh. "You're all blurry."

[member="Spark Finn"]

His arms tightened just slightly around her. Munin knew that Spark wasn't quite comfortable just yet, but...well he couldn't deny the fact that he loved holding her. Even if it only lasted a few seconds, even if he could only have it for a brief moment...he still enjoyed it more than anything. He smiled down at her.

"Maybe we'll get you some contacts." He joked of course. "Or robot eyes."

They were coming out with come very advanced cybernetics now.

He grinned at her.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Eyes squinted at him through water-streaked lenses. "Absolutely not, mister." But she was blushing again. She didn't mind his arms around her. #evenwithhisblurryface

Would it last? Coren held her like this once or twice. And he left. Cheated and left. #foragreenchick!

Munin would probably leave eventually, too. The thought made her hesitant and unsure. "I need to fix my glasses," she said suddenly and skilled free from the information broker's arms.

#wiggly

Reaching the edge of the pool, she pulled herself out. Shin banged into a chair as she went for a towel. A yelp escaped thin lips as she stumbled forwards.

[member="Spark Finn"]

Munin followed after her, a little bit confused. Sometimes it seemed to him that Spark changed attitudes on a dime. He wasn't really sure why, though she had told him nearly all of her past. Her story had...well upset him quite a bit, but sometimes he simply couldn't read her. A part of him couldn't help but be curious, and as he slowly stepped up behind her, gently catching her so she didn't fall, he couldn't help but ask. "Hey."

He said quietly as he pulled her to her feet, first checking that she wouldn't fall over again.

"Are you alright?" Perhaps he shouldn't have said something, but curiosity, and worry got the better of him.

After all, he just wanted her to be happy, with him, with herself, with their entire...situation.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

#foreverklutz

"Owow-yeah," hand gripped the information broker for support as she plopped down on the edge of one of the lounging deck chairs. Fingers gently massaged the growing goose-egg on her pale and skinny leg. Using the snatched towel, she gently rubbed her smeared lenses clean. At least, as clean as they'd get.

#Icanseeagain!!!

Spark was rarely an emotional person. Oddly enough, Munin had seen her during those few rare times. Her logical mind struggled with what she was currently feeling. #yuckyemotions She could barely explain them to herself, let alone someone else.

She took a steadying breath.

"Being with you just then reminded me of how happy I was with someone else. But it...also reminded me of how much it hurt to lose that someone. I know we've talked about this before but it's hard for me to go all in."

[member="Spark Finn"]

He slowly squatted down in front of her.

The reminder of what had happened to her in the past likely wasn't at all welcome, though the mention of her being with someone else made an odd pit form in his stomach that he'd have rather ignored as well. He looked up at her and smiled. There wasn't really much that he could say, not that he thought of anyway. Munin wasn't exactly and expert when it came to emotions either. He wasn't dead inside or anything, but this...this was all a first.

"I'm not going anywhere." He told her quietly. "I don't want to."

Maybe that was hard for her to believe.

In the end he didn't blame her, couldn't blame her. Even if he wanted to he would have understood. Munin was a criminal, there was no other way to put it, and Spark was...well she wasn't quite The Law, but she worked for the law. "If there's a way for me to convince you of that, tell me and I'll do it."

He smiled again.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

The towel slipped down around her legs. Fingers nervously adjusted the glasses on the bridge of her freckled-nose as she looked him eye-to-eye. "I think it's going to be slow. Each day that we're together, I think I'll be able to trust this," finger pointed from her to him, "more." Bony-shoulders shrugged. She didn't really have any real answers.

This was all just new and scary territory.

#awkwardrelationshipstuff

A small, timid smile worked its way onto her lips. "Are you so sure? You haven't seen the amount of chip crumbs I leave around. Or how I always pick the best characters in the hologames. And, I'm never getting rid of these glasses, soooo," smile widened just a bit. A teeny, weeny bit.

[member="Spark Finn"]

"I'm sure." He could deal with all of that, at least he thought he could. Munin liked spending time with her, he liked being with her, he even liked working with her. Granted the only work they'd done together has either been exploring an ancient ruin or running from cops...but he'd enjoyed both of those things a fair amount, and presumably it wasn't because of the actual activity. He smiled back at her and slowly reached out, gently grasping her hand.

He squeezed her palm ever so slightly. "I don't mind going slow."

He didn't this was new territory for him as well. In truth he had never actually thought about himself getting into a relationship of any sort. His sister and him were...well they were detached. They had no real names, no real identities, and the only bind they had was each other. Now Munin had Spark. It was something that he had never expected, and certainly never planned for. This was all new for him.

Oddly enough, Spark was the more experienced one.

"Sometimes." He began quietly. "Sometimes I'll slip up...because I'll want to hold you for a little too long or kiss you...but if you get uncomfortable just tell me."

He didn't want to risk ruining this.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Thin, ebony fingers held onto his hand, tightly. Pool water dripped down her bare skin. #pruny

She nodded slowly, without breaking eye-contact. It wasn't just speed of the relationship. It was more on her side, too. She knew it would just take time for her to trust that Munin wouldn't just walk out and that she didn't want him to walk out. She was already getting to that point. That she really wanted to be with him. And that was the scary part.

Touch would always be awkward for her but...it was beginning to become more familiar with him. Just like it had with Coren.

"I'll...tell you."

Even though the air and water was mostly warm, she shivered. She always felt colder when she was wet.

[member="Spark Finn"]

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze and then slowly stood up.

Munin shifted and pulled a towel from the other beach chair. This place had really been prepared for...well anything at all. There was an entire closet full of towel at the end of the pool. He would have to remember to get a droid to do all the laundry, mostly because...well he didn't know how and he presumed that Spark wouldn't want to do it.

Slowly he leaned down and slipped the towel around Spark's shoulders.

"Come on." He said with a smile.

"Let's go spy on a Hutt." Munin told her. "See what gross stuff he's been up to."

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Okay," she breathed as he leaned in close with the towel. Heart hammered against her bony-ribs. Standing, she let one of her arms snake around his waist, hesitant and sure, until she relaxed into his side. Wet side pressed against his, bony-hip knocking against him as they walked inside.

"Or, we could watch a holo and eat some popcorn?"

Speckled-gaze looked up at him as they trailed little wet puddles into the house.

"And I need to change."

#andshower

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom