Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Last Night (Republic Dominion of Attahox)

w0VsIsH.jpg
Every turn it took, we followed. We put our lives on the line
After years of hope I'm writing home to let them know we made it to the coast
Just look at where we are; the skies are clear and blue, I told you.
We sailed across the ocean with a boat we built.
As we're navigating through the storms we pass along the way
We saw what we wanted and we chased it all
________________________________________________________________________​

Attahox. The final connecting divide of the Republic's renewed stretch in the galaxy between the northern and southern hemispheres. Kayleigh exhaled deeply as she stood from the captain's chair aboard the Caledonia, her Avenger class star destroyer. Three valiance class destroyers followed her into orbit above Attahox. Within their hangars were dozens of dropships. The marines were busy prepping those dropships with food, medical supplies, and armaments. Tanks, gunships, and fighters were being readied for departure.

Space above Attahox was clear. The last remaining Sith forces had been destroyed and their hold relinquished with their hold on Denon being lost. In this quadrant of space, the Republic seemed alone. As if the rest of the galaxy dispersed and left only the ghosts of the Nether here. What they would find on the surface of the planet however, would tell a different tale. One of isolation, unrest, and terror.

"Admiral Stahlmann, Captain Shapochka, Captain Tane, the Caledonia has arrived at Attahox. Dropships and weaponry are being prepped for touchdown on the surface. All attempts to contact their starport and city palace have been met with radio silence. We do not know what to expect when we drop. We will be landing on the outskirts of the capital city, and expect resistance. We are dropping medical supplies and food with us as well. Time is of the essense here. Command of the bridge will be left with Captain Rovins, should you need me, my comm will be active on the surface. Tyven out."

Kayleigh had ordered a pair of fighters to the planet to scan the surface and get a general idea of what the Republic would be looking at once they landed. What they reported back was horrific. What looking like an incalculable number of dead strewn across the city streets. The palace had taken substantial damage and portions of the building had collapsed. The fighters took small caliber fire from ground forces as they cleared the area, and a single tank appeared to be guarding the grand stairs leading into the complex.

"Admiral we've taken fire from ground units. We cannot radio them. Unclear if these are rebel forces or Attahox military defending against further invaders. My gut tells me it is the prior. Expect resistance, heavy casualties here."

The blonde admiral sighed. Did the military perform a coup and take over the planet thinking they had been abandoned? What is going on here... "Rovins, relay this information to the fleet as they arrive. I'm headed to the hangar now. Tell them to send additional medical supplies, medics, whatever they can find. Tell the Jedi we'll need their assistance if they have healers. Hell, we need their glowsticks more than ever this time. We need to retake the palace and secure the leaders."

Reaching the hangar, Kayleigh removed her gear from her locker, suited up, and stepped aboard one of the dropships with the rest of the marines. "Let's rock and roll."

[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Tålamod Shapochka"]

Suggested Objectives:
  • Secure City Palace
  • Restore electrical and communication systems to starport
  • Destroy rebel forces
  • Rescue and aide civilians
  • Side objectives of your choice

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[media]http://youtu.be/OG_lS_tsq7k[/media]

Sanya had been on her ship for the past few weeks, she had been constantly on the move to helping the republic to bring back order and peace once more to the galaxy. on her way to rendezvous back at the temple with the other Jedi she got a message, no a distress signal. she typed in the Co ordinates and went into hyperspace.

she open up the coms to the vessel that sent the distress. "this is padawan Sanya Val Lerium with the Jedi order what is the situation?" as her ship left hyperspace she immediately pulled up to avoid a collision with republic drop ships. "wow that was close" she move her ship to follow them, they seemed to be heading to the surface. no doubt another planet strung into chaos, it seems like it will never end but evey planet that is secured is one step closer to peace.

Sanya set the ship into auto pilot to follow the dropships while she got her equipment. "right lightsabers... check, visor... check, medical pouch... check." she moved her way back to the pilot seat and took the control again. okay let's see what where up against.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

I stood up on the dropship when the technical engineer gave me the all clear to begin the briefing. All the commanders of the dropships came up on holo and the commander in my ship said "You may begin briefing sir". I nodded and began talking "All right people we are going to run this by the numbers, no heroics..well besides your truly". I saw a few troopers at the back of the ship role their eyes. The next holo was a display of city hall and the surrounding area. I highlighted a spot on the map and said "This is going to be the LZ. We land there and take the capital building and use that as a forward operating base".

I paused then said "Any questions". One commander said "ROE sir". I replied with "If they shoot at you, you shoot back. Any civilians they become priority one and you protect them with your life. Commanders get your men ready we land in seven minutes. Brolen out". The holo shut off and I waited until we arrived at the LZ.

Déjà vu…for the second time, Corvus was travelling to Attahox to liberate it. There were some bad memories – none worse than the awful tea she’s been obliged to drink.

The last time she’d travelled with Tia. If there was Padawan destined for greatness, it was her – but she’d not heard from her since before the six years of conflict and had to presume she was dead now. But Corvus didn’t grieve, at worst she was one with the Force now – as they all would be one day, just not necessarily today.

The last time they’d travelled, Tia had decided which objective to tackle and had shown great maturity and wisdom. This time Corvus was by herself – something she’d done more and more often of late. That was something that had to change sooner or later.

But for now she headed to impoverished garbage planet. If it wasn’t for the source of phosovane salts used in painkillers, Corvus wondered if the Republic would have been as keen to intervene a first time, let alone a second time. Not that she didn’t believe in helping those that lived here – but she heard the cries of other worlds who didn’t get their help – like Alderaan. But she was a Jedi, not a politician and so put the thoughts out of her mind.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Tålamod Shapochka"]

The great campaign was winding down. The chaos was, for a time, subsiding. Order was returning and though the Republic had won many victories it was still much diminished from the heights it had once been.

As the Admiral orbited Attahox he reflected on all which had gone before. First, the desperate, painful struggle to understand what had happened. Next the throwing of what could be gathered to shore up the remaining structure of the Republic. Finally, an uneasy status quo and equilibrium had emerged.
Now he was here once more, aboard the Destiny. Much had been lost, much had been sacrificed, and yet he felt that the real battle was just beginning. The Sith had grown fat in the chaos, and their predatory ambitions would only be stoked by what had happened. In the end, despite victories and struggles against the odds, the Republic was still weaker than it had been before the crisis. The path ahead was dark, yet not hopeless.

“Admiral Tyven, I believe this is our final dance before normal service resumes. I am dispatching my marines and boarding parties to your command whilst I police the orbit and ensure there is no breaking of the blockade. I am dispatching 5400 troops to your command for this operation. May the Force be with us.”

To himself he looked down at his hands as he deactivated the commlink. “The final war is coming. All that is left is duty and honour, even if it goes ill.”

[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Tålamod Shapochka"]

"Admiral Stahlmann, thank you for the support." Kayleigh switched comms as her combat armor activated. The drop ship lifted from the durasteel hangar beneath it and began to fall into formation with the dozens of others both ahead and behind hers. The gunships would take point, while the heavy artillery would pull up directly behind, to give the ground forces both cover and superior firepower on the offensive. "Good luck up here, try not to get too bored! I'll bring your boys back safe."

The engines revved as they began their descent toward the surface. Her comm would broadcast to all Republic ships in the area. "Alright marines! We're gonna be landing in a hostile LZ outside of the capital. Expect resistance, however it is unclear as to the loyalty of the belligerants. These may be rebel forces, or they may be Attahox military. Our objective is clear: Retake the palace with limited casualties. We'll be planetside in 10, get ready."

A force of roughly 27,000 marines would be landing on Attahox, including Stahlmann's troops. Accompanying them would be a batallion of tanks and twelve gunships. The day would be long, and hard fought. But the Admiral was confident victory could be achieved.

[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] | [member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

Orick watched from the Bridge of the Caledonia as the drop ships and gunships launched from the fleet, he felt his stomach tighten at the sight. That's a lot of troops. I almost feel sorry for whoever is down there. He sighed and turned back to the holotank, and the dour face of Captain Rovins. "What's the status of the deployment?" He asked Rovins.

Almost 40% right now, another 3 minutes and we will have a full battle group on the ground." Rovins replies. He tilts his head and smiles, " Are you regretting your decision yet, Captain?"

Orick laughed at the question and grinned in return, " Every time that woman gives me an order." He taped a few commands on the holotank and brought up a view of the entire planet, complete with the Republic fleet in orbit around it. " Captain Rovins, are you seeing this? It looks like there are fighters launching from the far side of the planet."

Rovins turned and took a closer look," Tactical , have all fighter wings prepped and ready for launch immediately. Coms please inform Admiral [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] of the new development." He glanced up at Orick, " Looks like we aren't going to be bored after all."

"We're about to exit hyperdrive." Soli Baris said as he walked into the meditation room on the Dorin Run. Kian's eyes opened and he rose to his feet. They were just about to enter the space around Attahox. Kian was late to the show, which was unlike the Jedi Master. Kian had brought Soli with him on this assignment, to help put her Shadow training into practice.

"Very good." Kian said and he followed her back toward the cockpit. Kian settled into the seat and watched as the viewport went from hyperspace lanes to stars and the planet of Attahox floating ahead of them. "Open a channel." Kian said to CG-50, who was sitting in the seat behind Kian.

"Patching you in sir." CG-50 said and a small burst of static shot out through the comm system.

"This is the Dorin Hope," Kian said patching into the Republic Comm networks. "Where can we be of use?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]​

Righteous orbited along with the rest of the Republic's present fleet, its dorsal hull facing the globe rather than away. Captain Shapochka had been sick for a few days, and at this time, she just wanted to be able to appraise a world and know she was still contributing to something.

Some days, she wondered why she had been able to climb the ranks this far. Others, she felt like she rightfully deserved such a title. Her health could be very questionable at any given time, but perhaps her resolve was what had bought her favor. This was the place to be, in any case. Command of a star destroyer was nothing to be scoffed at, and she had worn her insignia proudly throughout her career. This was an honor, and she had been taught all her life that honor was to be prized above all.

The captain's head lolled a bit as she listened in on the reports from Admiral Tyven. Nothing of concern to the fleet had been reported yet, though fighter pilots had been ordered to prepare for deployment. Some ground resistance seemed to have popped up.

Eyes and ears were to be kept open, but--for now--Tålamod was buried in introspection. When will we have that honor?

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"], [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], [member="Orick T'ane"]

As the dropships broke atmo we were instantly pounded by AA and small arms fire. Some of it from shoulder launchers and blaster riffles, some of it from cannons and whatever they had down there. I yelled in to wrist com "Get this door open now". A couple of seconds later the door slid open to reveal a familiar sight. I smirked and said "It's good to be back". This was my first off world assignment a few months ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. Still the same amount of shooting so I see that that hasn't changed much.

I ignited my lightsaber and began instinctively blocking blaster fire. I then saw the ship in front of mine explode in a fiery ball of metal. I turned my head and said "Someone get [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] or [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] on the horn and tell them that its hot down here"

Stormfire-class Frigate Audacious, orbiting Attahox

At the outskirts of the large Republic fleet, Commodore Quee's 1st Beta Line drifted among the upper reaches of the thickening atmosphere. Gravity subtly tugged on the Republic warships, simultanously guiding and pulling his ships off-route. In the CIC of the assault frigate, Gir guided and coordinated the various starships, from the orbiting assault frigates to the flights of Devastator-class gunships descending to bring the fight to the rebels below. A pair of voices began to loudly escalate behind him. The blonde man spun around on his heel to face the two other officers. Gir cleared his throat.

"Is there a problem, gentlebeings?"

His navigator, a bulbous-headed bith named Pho Kore, jabbed a finger at the navigation holo of the world beneath them. A cloud of angry red rose up from the opposite side of the planet. Starfighters...lots and lots of enemy starfighters...Gir's blue eyes quickly glanced at the brunette woman, but she remained silent, awaiting his comment. The commodore frowned. That's unlike her. I bet she's worried...though in her defense, half of our line is assault frigates, not exactly well-suited for fighting starfighters, but we can do area attacks with them before they get too close at least...

"Put everyone to battle stations and lock down the ships," ordered the Commodore, moving towards the weapons stations, "Load up the mass drivers with the scatter-shot. Tactical, let's get 1st Beta into a defensive line for them to crash into before they get to the rest of the fleet."

"Yes sir."

Objective, fight against the Republic overlords and thei- haha just kidding, trick the rebel leadership.

Solan groaned as these stupid rebel leaders went on and on about how they were so happy to have the Rebel Alliance helping them against the Republic and their overlord-ship of the planet... he would be so happy to break the news to these guys when his shadow company takes command of this place and he personal crushes and burns each of these men for causing destruction and usurping their own leaders. The headaches were getting worse though, the suffering on the planet drawing makeb back into his mind and he was barely holding onto his mind as it told him to just kill these men here and now. But he had to wait for the republic to get closer or else him and his men would be left without an escape route. He had to make sure these men were also silenced for good as his hands closed slowly.

The dropships touched down on the outskirts of the capital. Flak cannons had been firing relentlessly towards them as they made their way to the surface, a few taking hits and one unfortunate bird was shot down in flight, though members of the crew appeared to be alive and were able to make communication. Kayleigh would divert one of the dropships to double back and aide the downed vessel while the rest reached the LZ.

The doorways released and the hull opened. Dozens of tanks began rolling down the ramps as swarms of troops made their way out onto the battlefield, splitting up into their respective companies, battalions, and squads. The gunships overhead would provide covering fire at a distance, though they would be unable to close the gap until the tanks or marines were able to secure the four turrets outside of the capital building currently being used as Anti-Air.

While Kayleigh was still the supreme commander of the CDF, she fell in behind General Trasten of the Army, as he was much more seasoned in ground warfare than she. The two devised a plan to flank the city using a split combination of its tanks and gunships to force their main forces into the center where a murder hole would await them. A concentrated barrage of infantry weaponry and heavy armor would hopefully make short work of the limited forces gathered here. Though they would make it anything but easy for the Republic. It would seem that they were up against a radical Attahox military now hell bent on controlling the planet.

"Fire and move boys! Fire and move!" The general commanded his troops with great pride, never ordering something he himself would not do. The formation began as quickly as it was ordered, and the units began to fan out towards their objectives. "Take out those turrets! Two rolling thunders on each! I want those things blown to space dust!" Kayleigh smiled. It was nice to see such dedication in her commanding officers. Especially in these trying times. She raised her gun and advanced with her squad. They would be taking the palace today, and that was fact.

[member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Caleb Brolen"] | [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Tålamod Shapochka"]

Stormfire-class Assault Frigate Audacious, in orbit via Attahox

Gir squinted as he leaned forward over from behind the chief petty officer's chair. The latter man was rapidly typing in commands to the weapon's crew, prioritizing fire for the various weapons batteries under Tactical officer's direction. Despite the intensity of the situtation, only a dull murmur of voices flooded the background as the petty officer began to speak into his headset mike to confirm the firing vectors. Feeling that despite his rank, he might have overstepped the man's personal boundaries, the commodore retreated to one of the holo-tanks. That's a flaw to correct on the next design. I ought to have a command chair here too...He stood next to Lieutenant Herson, who was communicating on holo with Captain Merritt of the Brazen. But he paid no attention to either of them. Instead, Quee's sapphire blue eyes darted down to the real-time holos of the approaching starfighter swarm.

Scattershot from his frigate hadn't hit many of their fighters yet, mostly because of the long-range and maneuverability of the fighters: it was easy to dodge something you could spot kilometers away. But the frigates' fire was forcing the enemy starfighters to bunch up in the few areas that the cannons hadn't fired upon yet. Perhaps the rebels had thought that they had found a blindspot in the Republic's defensive line. In some of their approach vectors, that was true.

But there were a handful of vectors where that was a false confidence: the Republic gunners were simply biding their time to set the trap.

Gir watched roughly a dozen of the enemy fighters surge past their compatriots up one of those approach vectors. The man squinted at the little numbers underneath the holo showing distance, eta, and estimated speed as they lined to attack the Audacious. Upon seeing one number, he quickly glanced back at the weapon's chief, but that officer was still busy talking into his headset. He turned his attention back to the holo.

Suddenly, one of the mass driver batteries opened fire again, quickly filling up that vector with coordinated scattershot not unlike a flak cannon. The first of the fighters didn't have a chance to react, being smashed apart by the metal spheres, but their comrades to rear quickly took note and maneuvered to get away from the fire. Some of them escaped to retreat back to the oncoming lines. Some of them veered out of one of the projectile's path only to wander into another. One unfortunate pair managed to collide in the chaos of the battle. But whatever their fighters fate, their squadron's attack had been rebuffed by the Audacious's batteries. Gir breathed a little easier now, but he knew that there would be only more attackers to face soon enough.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Caleb Brolen"] | [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="[COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)][URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/5394-t%C3%A5lamod-shapochka/"]Tålamod Shapochka[/URL]"][/COLOR]

Orick turned to Captain Rovins, " I'll handle ground issues, you take care of the fighter problem." the other man nodded and turned to one of the many bridge personnel and began coordinating the fighter support for the fleet.

Orick turned to the map on the table and begin to mark areas that were in the most need of support. He motioned to the small Bothan lieutenant nearby, " Please relay new orders to the remaining gunships. Tell the commander that his squadron needs to break off into three and cover ground units advancing in sectors 3, 7 and 11. I'll inform the commanders on the ground to expect the company."

" Right away, sir." The bothan nodded and walked off to relay the new orders.

Turning and walking to the com station, Orick tapped the com officer on the shoulder, " Patch me in to the ground forces, I want to speak with admiral [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] and [member="Caleb Brolen"]" The tech nodded to him as he was patched through." Admiral, master Jedi, be advised you have gunship support enroute to your sectors as we speak. They are gonig to link up with you when they get close to your positions. Relay any hard targets their way and keep your heads down, Captain T'ane out." I am not a fan if this standing still approach. His nerves were raw, he didn't like standing and watching the action happen. He felt better when he had someone to shoot at. Standing on the bridge of the Caledonia was making him go crazy.

[member="Gir Quee"] [member="Tålamod Shapochka"] [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

Objective: Killing the Rebels.... sooon

Solan leaned on his hand as two of the most annoying people he had ever met talked about some kind of show in the middle of a attack. If he had a choice, these two would be dead by now but he needed to wait until the leaders were given no chance at escape and that meant waiting for them to be cornered like a dog and put out of their misery. Of course one would have to survive to stand trial but he was sure they would fight back and who was he to not defend himself if they had chosen to do so. The thought almost brought a smile to his face to take off the heads of traitors like these but for now he waited and leaned on his scythe still, listening to the movements of the republic in one ear and the movements of the rebels in another.

The gunship landed...well I wouldn't say landed more like plummeted onto the ground. I ignited my lightsaber and moved forward, the main square was completely covered with entrenched soldiers and war droids. Not to mention turrets, artillery, and the force knows what. I had to clear out the LZ first but that was easier said than done since droids were all over the place and in the words of Anakin Skywalker "Droids aren't programmed to surrender".

With my lightsaber drawn me and the soldiers in my dropship charged forward taking down anything in our path. I slashed on droid in half then jumped over another one and stabbed it in the back. I nodded to a commander and he yelled at his men "Move froward and secure the area...we must take landing zone before enemy reinforcements arrive".

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] [member="Orick T'ane"]

Objective: On Stand bye
Team: Ori'ramikade

The hound of keldabe was off his leash, just this time he was fighting for the Republic, dressed to the nines; beskar clad, armed to the teeth and protected by the might mando'ad iron will for victory. His ancient but trusty EE-3 blaster carbine slung comfortingly across his chest, secured with a tactical quick draw sling. He had a bandolier strapped across his shoulder and chest plate with his secure pouches filled with many different and beautiful surprises. He was aboard a drop ship, surrounded by vode who were similarly geared up making up a ten man squad of Supercommandos or in Mando'a; Ori'ramikade.

Field Marshal Garon's old eyes looked upon his ten Ori'ramikade, all have come out to play and may those that cross their path rest in piece. Their Drop ship was ushering them in holding pattern over [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] location, just waiting for her orders to deploy. This was a republic show and the mandos were invited guests so they had the play to their tunes. That was no issue for them, they all were use to fighting other's wars and this time made no difference accept to the fact this pubs were going to make good allies in the future. A darkness was forming and threatening to consume both nations and Today the mandalorian commandos were building trust with their galactic neighbor in such wake of evil.

"Supreme Commander Tyven! The Ori'ramikade are at your disposal"

(OOC: Been invited by the clans to assist as a contracted merc for this, so lets see what damage we can do)
{IC:}

The vicious blond rogue had been on the world before they had landed, she got the call from a clansman to contract out for an unusual objective. A new world was in the throws of chaos, and their kind needed a fresh mind. Ivy had no knowledge of the job other than she was to hire a ship to somehow smuggler her past the graveyard above the planet and set down, she found it amusing at least and actually was able to charm a lowlife into getting the job done, and then killed him when they arrived.
The job needed discretion, and needed her to go off the radar for a bit, so she left at once and didn't even alert her order to her needing to leave in a hurry, she just left. One thing she knew whatever she was needed for, it must be heavy.

When the ship reached the planets surface she left for a nearby outpost, one in which she could start her work, and also remain hidden from anyone who could make her. a day later she heard the echoes coming from the dropship and smirked as she was near the city watching it with macrobinoculars she kyped from the storage room of the SJO and makes sure it is empty from a safe distance.

Activated her personal communit she punches in [member="Strider Garon"] comm frequency and establishes contact Rambolorian to mudkip, come in Rambozo she said in a hushed voice, but with a more comical tone.

Objective: On Stand bye
Team: Ori'ramikade [member="Strider Garon"]

La was sulking under the anonymity of her helmet. In theory she was fine with the Republic, and the alliance absolutely made sense. But there were probably going to be Jedi. And civilians. She wasn't entirely sure which she disliked more. Previously she would have said the cowardly force-users hands down, but after being assigned to aid civilians on Yavin.. It was quite possible La should never be asked to interact with the general public. Asked to get a cat out of a tree she'd probably just shoot it.

Still, it was an honour to get lumped in with the legendary Ori'ramikade again, so there was that. Plus apparently there were rebel insurgents or something, so hopefully the Republic would have the sense to aim the Mandos and then let them loose rather than making them help old ladies cross the street.

Her hand almost unconsciously went to caress her baby, the 500 Riot Gun. Oh please oh please let this be a time when it got to come out to play. Even the old ACP Repeater. That would do as well. Just none of this helping business. Shooting. She liked shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom