Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship OT-42I Eidolon Queller S.S.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eidolon Queller
[ OT-42I Space Superiority Interceptor ]

1920px-Reliant_Kore_Landing_in_New_Babbage_Alpha_3.9.jpg

Additional Images:

In-flight I:

1920px-Reliant_Kore_x2_in_formation_with_low_sun.jpg

In-flight II:

1920px-Kore_close_above_ringed_world.jpg

In-flight III:

1920px-Kore_x2_in_formation_though_debris_field.jpg

Rear Hangar:

1920px-Misc-reliant-mako-3.5-rear.jpg

Interior Detail:

1920px-Misc-reliant-mako-3.5-rear-section.jpg

Space -- Isometric:

1920px-Kore_in_Space_-_Isometric.jpg

Space -- Port-side:

1920px-Kore_in_Space_-_Port.jpg

Space -- Front:

1920px-Kore_in_Space_-_Front.jpg

Space -- Rear:

1920px-Kore_in_Space_-_Rear.jpg

Landing Pad -- Isometric:

1920px-Reliant_Kore_in_SelfLand_-_Isometric.jpg

Landing Pad -- Above:

Reliant_Kore_in_SelfLand_-_Above.jpg

Landing Pad -- Port-side:

1920px-Reliant_Kore_in_SelfLand_-_Port.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

STANDARD FEATURES
  • All standard features common to the Eidolon OT-42 line

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

STRENGTHS
  • Very maneuverable, thanks to the OT-42 engine unit
  • Superior firepower for an interceptor-class

WEAKNESSES
  • Its wingspan requires giving the starship a wide berth, making it unsuitable for tight-knit flight formations
  • Rotating wing configuration has most weaponry being mounted port-side during flight, requiring an expert or experienced pilot to efficiently make use of it

DESCRIPTION

The military model of the OT-42 Eidolon series, the OT-42I Eidolon Queller Space Superiority Interceptor - or S.S.I. - is an interceptor-class starfighter.

Taking advantage of the superlative speed and maneuverability of the OT-42 series, the Queller is capable of sacrificing much of it in order to accomodate for a heavy arsenal and more effective shielding. While still retaining an efficient level of speed and outstandign mobility, that is more than adequate for dogfighting. Its upgraded ion propulsion system also aids in this regard.

A veritable powerhouse for its size, the Queller has two standard laser cannons, as well as a total of four - two on each wingtip turret - Vaapad-class cannons. Due to the engineering complexity of the starship's wings, whose fuselage houses the SRB42 engine, the OT-42I cannot accomodate revolving drums for warhead launchers. Instead, a small payload of two missiles can be loaded onto the hardpoint-mounted launchers, present on each wing . Furthermore, taking a lesson from the Trailblazer, the Queller includes scrambling and jamming systems.

Its more powerful shields, compared to the unarmed models, give it a clear advantage but also rules out the installation of a SLAM system. Two Aspis II-Class generators are installed, one on each wing. Thus allowing the usage of one generator as backup for the the other while it's reconfiguring its settings, attenuating the gap caused by responsive-reconfiguration lagging.

While not the fastest interceptor, the Queller can go toe-to-toe with most starfighters. Its major role in space warfare is that of providing support, towards gaining or maintaning space supremacy on the battlespace. Thanks to its impressive fire power and shielding, it can rain down a barrage of fire against critical targets or even quadrants, strategically creating openings for the other starfighters in the fleet to better acomplish their objectives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom