Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship OSA-01 “Shadowfax” Class Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSA-01 “Shadowfax” Class Corvette

markus-braxxy-brackelmann-sm-shipdesign3.jpg

Out of Character Information:

Intent:
To create a personal ship for Beltran Rarr and selected associates.
Image Source: Markus Brackelmann via www.artstation.com
Canon Link:
N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

Production Information:

Manufacturer:
Obsidian Star Aerospace
Affiliation: Obsidian Star Aerospace, Beltran Rarr, Closed Market
Model: OSA-01
Production: Semi-Unique
Material:
Durasteel, circuitry, engine components, weapons components

Technical Specifications:

Classification:
Corvette
Length: 120 meters
Width: 50 meters
Height: 30 meters
Armament: High
Defenses: Low
Hangar Space: None
Hangar Allocations:
N/A
Maneuverability Rating: High
Speed Rating: High
Hyperdrive Class:
Class 2.0 – Average

Standard Features:

• Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Array
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Life Support
  • Standard Navigational Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Can fly in atmosphere and land
  • Crew quarters, mess hall, infirmary, armory for approximately 50-100 crew-members
Advanced Systems:

• High efficiency ion engine drive: The Shadowfax boasts set of ion engines that can easily match sub light speeds with vessels twice its size
  • Heavy armament:
  • 2 x Quad Turbolaser Turrets – 1 dorsal and 1 ventral (360 degree rotation)
  • 4 x Proton Torpedo Launcher Turrents – 2 dorsal and 2 ventral (360 degree rotation)
  • 10 torpedoes each
  • 4 x Concussion Missile Launcher Turrets – 2 dorsal and 2 ventral (360 degree rotation)
  • 10 missiles each

Strengths:

• Heavily Armed: The Shadowfax-Class Corvette boasts a heavy payload for a ship of its tonnage. Utilizing rotating turrets, the vessel is able to bring the vast majority of it’s firepower to any given direction at any time. This has been done in an attempt to compensate for the ship’s lack of substantial defenses
  • Fast and Manueverable: The Shadowfax-Class Corvette has incorporated state-of-the-art ion engine technology into its propulsion systems. This allows it to travel faster and with more fuel efficiency and maneuverability than many other ships of it’s tonnage.
Weaknesses:

• Light Defenses: Built as a primarily offensive ship, the Shadowfax-Class Corvette boasts very little in the way of shipboard defenses. Light ablative armor over the hull and a small than normal shield emitter are the ship’s only means of protection.
  • Vulnerable to Starfighters: Since the Shadowfax Corvette lacks any point-defense systems or lighter laser cannon turrets, it is highly susceptible to starfighter attacks.
Description:

The Shadowfax-Class Corvette was designed as a capital ship hunter-killer. Designed to operate in small squadrons of three to five vessels, the Shadowfax utilizes its speed, maneuverability and omni-direction weapons capabilities to deliver a powerful assault on a much larger vessel before moving quickly out of range. The flip-side of this is that due to its weakened defenses, without other ships to split an enemy’s return fire, the Shadowfax can be quickly overwhelmed by its targets’ heavier weapons payloads. As well, the Shadowfax is highly susceptible to starfighter attacks.

Last edited:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

I will be reviewing this submission with you so hopefully this process will be quick and painless:

Affiliation: Obsidian Star Aerospace, Beltran Rarr, Closed Market
Please link the affiliation is possible. Thanks

Material: Durasteel, circuitry, engine components, weapons components
If you would be so kind as to link any specifically identified material, that would be greatly appreciated.

Classification: Corvette
Length: 120 meters
Width: 50 meters
Height: 30 meters
Armament: High
Defenses: Low
Hangar Space: None
Hangar Allocations: N/A
Maneuverability Rating: High
Speed Rating: High
Hyperdrive Class: Class 2.0 – Average
At your current ratings and production level, this ship is coming out at 4 ratings too high. Please adjust the ratings by lowering 4 ratings overall or but adjusting the production level of this ship which will give you more to play with in regards to ratings.

Please be sure to tag me with any changes made to this submission

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

Okay, so my math is not adding up with yours apparently. By my understanding of the rating system as outlined below:

Balance Guideline
For technical ratings, start with all values at Average for a Mass-Produced piece of technology. For every increase you should either:
  • Reduce the Production value.
  • Reduce another rating (e.g. increase Stopping Power while decreasing Rate of Fire).

• Provide balance with genuine and significant weaknesses.
I should, by my math, actually be one rating under-powered since changing the ship's production value to Semi-Unique. I've detailed below how I've gone about rating the ship, so you can perhaps see where and point out where I am mistaken.
  • So if we start with production value of Semi-unique, which should give me room for 3 rating increases. (ie. Mass-produced = 0, Minor = 1, Limited = 2, Semi-unique =3 and Unique = 4)
THEN

• An Armament of High will take 1 of those rating increases, leaving room for 2 rating increases.
  • Defenses of Low should add 1 rating increase giving me room for 3 rating increases.
  • Since Hangar Space is None which for a ship of it's length counts as an Average rating with a value of 0. Still leaving room for 3 rating increases.
    Hangar Allocations:
    N/A
  • A Maneuverability Rating of High should take 1 rating increase, leaving room for 2 rating increases.
  • A Speed Rating of High should take 1 rating increase, leaving room for 1 rating increase.
  • A Hyperdrive Class of Class 2.0 – Average should take 0 rating increases, leaving room for 1 rating increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom