Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order of the Open Palm

It's a widely overlooked truth that the people that suffer most during war are not the soldiers, but the civilians caught in the crossfire.

Sure, being a soldier sucks donkey balls, but they've got a means and a reason to fight.

The average civilian family just wants to be left alone. They want to know that their livelihoods won't be destroyed as collateral damage. They want to know that their sons and daughters won't be sent off to die in a field somewhere because some bighead in an ivory tower had a cause they thought warranted sending someone else's kids off to die for. They want to know that they won't be murdered or worse if their side loses, or if their side wins and they just so happen to catch the eye a band of scumbags keen on celebrating.

They don't care about Jedi or Sith and their pointless sectarian feuds that have torn the galaxy apart since the beginning of recorded history.

Neither do we.

Both Jedi and Sith have nothing to show the galaxy but a closed fist. The Sith openly embrace the concepts of power and subjugating the weak. The Jedi pay lip service to the idea of defending the weak, but they're more concerned with stomping out the Sith than actually helping people.

We offer a different approach: the open palm. The open palm gives to those that need it. The open palm lifts up those who have been struck low. A closed fist can only offer destruction. An open palm brings help and hope.

We're not concerned with petty religious squabbles. Light and Dark don't matter to the people caught up in the never ending war between the Jedi and the Sith, and they sure as hell don't matter to us. We'll take anyone who is willing to put their past behind them and actually do something for the helpless victims.

If you can build a house, or plow a field, or dig a well, we'll take you. If you can treat wounds, we'll take you. If you can teach a child to read, we'll take you. Anyone that is willing to set aside their prejudices and focus on helping the little folks is welcome in our ranks.

We are not, however, a pacifistic order. The open palm is a gesture of peace, but also of warning. To those that would harm the innocent, whether through intent or negligence, it sends a clear message: halt, or face the consequences. We are neither the wolves that hunt in the night, or the sheep that cower helpless before them. We are the sheepdogs, the shepherd's dangerous friends that will rend and tear at the wolves to protect the flock.

If you are willing to pledge your gun to the defense of the weak, we will accept you as a brother or sister. If you will set aside your prejudice for the sake of the greater good, we will gladly fight and die by your side, regardless of the color of your saber or the side of the Force you prefer. After all, a weapon is no more good or evil than the cause it is wielded for, and the common people of the galaxy need all the help they can get.

The Order of the Open Palm doesn't care about territory. Wherever people need help, we will be. Sometimes we will be welcomed with open arms. Sometimes we will be hunted like criminals. That's not important. What's important is that we do whatever we can to help those that can't help themselves. Maybe that means dying, or being hated. We don't care.

We don't ask for ideological purity. We don't care what your motives are. All we ask of you is that you give everything you have to our cause. If that's too much to ask, you're always free to leave. All that we ask is you don't make trouble for the ones left behind.

It won't be easy, you probably won't get rich, and you may find yourself in a shallow grave on a backwater somewhere in the Outer Rim. If that doesn't bother you overmuch, then I welcome you to the Order of the Open Palm.

http://starwarsrp.net/groups/522-order-of-the-open-palm/

[member="Jasper Felinus"][member="Raziel"]

Jasper Felinus said:
[member="Eralam"]

Is it bad that when I read the name of your faction, I thought your members would go around queen-slapping people?
That may be necessary. However, we only use the Pimp Hand of Justice in the name of protecting innocents.

Raziel said:
*Prepares to do battle with the Order of the Raised Middle Finger
You may also want to consider contacting the Brotherhood of the Bitten Thumbs as an ally.

Especially after their alliance with Nations without Toilet Paper.

Uh, I like a good run of name based jokes as much as the next fellow, but is anyone actually interested in joining?

[member="Eralam"]

I'd join, but I seem to be spreading myself a little thin... Freelance-wise, though, Lor would be happy to heal or shoot people as needed, provided he got paid enough.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Thanks for the tip. Still trying to figure this thing out.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Freelance is as good as anything. There will always be a need for good crews to get us where we're going and pick us up when we're done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom