Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORC Navy Investment Management Board HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
NS2tBKm.jpg

The ORC Navy Investment Management Board HQ prior to the fitting of transparisteel panes in the solarium

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide an IC office from which the ORC Navy will manage its investment portfolios
  • ​Image Credit: American Conquest - screenshot by me
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Utai Magic Circle (the entity that paid for its construction)

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: ORC Navy Investment Management Board HQ
  • Classification: A government building
  • Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition
  • Accessibility: Since the Fourth Moon of Utapau is sparsely populated, the moon is still wild; nevertheless, it is located in the outskirts of the only town of the Fourth Moon
  • Security: Nominal security guard presence
  • Description: Built on an one-acre plot in the New Barkhesh district of Kessil, the ORC Navy Investment Management Board headquarters is a Georgian-style white stone building, which is just one of the many architectural styles represented in the district, that comprises a solarium on its southwest wing, with an octagonal clock tower above its main entrance, and two floors of offices, as well as a basement. It is also partially bordered by the nearby forest although there are other inhabited plots to the north and the east around the building.

POINTS OF INTEREST
The solarium of the building has a ceramic roof and is used for meetings of the Investment Management Board proper, featuring furniture made from locally-sourced wood. On the first floor are the offices of the various staffers assigned to run the day-to-day activities of the Board, with the offices of the actual Board members being on the second floor. The clock tower, accessible from a hallway next to the chairman's office, actually comprises the library of the Board, containing a collection of accounting and financial literature, accessible to the public, taking up nearly all the space in the clock tower. In the basement of the building, there is a trading room where the employees under the direct service do their market analyses and even do the transactions required for the smooth operation of the ORC Navy's pension funds and other investment portfolios.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
In the wake of the Incursion, the ORC Navy decided to create the Investment Management Board to manage the investment portfolios under the Navy's purview. It was decided that, given the Incursion's consequences on the infrastructure, it was best to have the investment portfolios of the Navy run separately from the Navy's headquarters. In accordance to new construction projects of this nature, a due bidding process was launched, even though the Utai Magic Circle was footing its 2-million bill in its entirety. Since the Fourth Moon of Utapau sported lower construction costs, it was decided that the headquarters would be built there, while attempting to respect the local architecture as is usual of ORC government construction projects. However, since information pertaining to the management of investment portfolios is not usually considered overly sensitive, security isn't the tightest.

I'll be looking this over, so give me a few moments and I'll respond with anything I notice that might be out of place! If you have any questions feel free to tag me in a response to this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom