Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Oppressor-16 class Dark Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
EliteDarktrooper-SWGTCGAoD.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Fourth Degree
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Height: 2.82m
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: Varies(Typically a Brute Rotary Blaster Cannon with 2 plasma grenades and a VP-9 Heavy Particle Beam Pistol as a backup weapon)
  • Misc. Equipment: Energy shield, magnetic sensor array, distortion filters, thermal sensors, combat de-ionizer, redundant computer core, magnetic boots
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Energy shield
  • Combat De-ionizer
  • Sensors package for passive stealth tracking
  • Magnetic boots
Strengths:
  • Oppressor-16s are plated with Phrik, allowing them to take significant damage from a variety of weapons, including lightsabers.
  • Oppressor-16s fit the passive stealth tracking sensors of the SVD-97 Surveillance Droid, giving them a partial ability to engage cloaked infantry and vehicles on their own without external guidance.
  • Through the combination of energy shield and combat de-ionizer, the Oppressor-16 is resilient against ionic weapons.
Weaknesses:
  • Oppressor-16s require regular software updates in order to remain at their peak performance. Not performing such updates will result in markedly decreased performance.
  • Oppressor-16s are physically larger than a stormtrooper and thus have more difficulty in both maneuvering and getting into small tight areas.
DESCRIPTION
The Oppressor-16 Dark Trooper is the next evolutionary step in the revised Dark Trooper project. A successor to the Oppressor-15 model that replaced it, the Oppressor-16 was designed with minor mechanical improvements - it is slightly lighter due to more advanced servos and has a more advanced droid brain, making it more intelligent, albeit not to the level of a proper Imperial stormtrooper. The Oppressor-15 and Oppressor-16 are physically identical to each other, the only difference being a change of weaponry from the obsolete STA (SE) Blaster Cannon to the standard Brute Rotary Blaster Cannon and an X included in the serial number of all Oppressor-16s.

The foremost reason behind the construction of the Oppressor-16 was the vulnerability of Oppressor-15s to Jedi and Force Users. The 16 deals with this by providing the Dark Trooper with phrik plates, replacing the turadium of the 15. While only providing a modest improvement in defense against ballistic and blaster weaponry, the phrik plates rendered the Oppressor-16 nearly invulnerable to a quick dissection at the hands of a Force User with a lightsaber. The 16 also fits magnetic boots, allowing it a degree of defense against easily being thrown via Force Push, Force Pull, or other telekinetic powers.

The Oppressor-16 fits all of the systems from the Oppressor-15, including the passive stealth sensor suite, allowing it the ability to use secondary signs to identify and engage cloaked infantry and vehicles. The 16 also fits a basic energy shield, providing it with more protection against energy weapons, but none against ballistic weapons. Oppressor-16s utilize the most recent updates of the Oppressor-15 programming matrix, meaning that they are more tactically capable and have in a way experienced many sorties despite having never seen combat.

Tactically, the Oppressor-16 is used the same way as its predecessor. Oppressor-16s are commanded in a squad by a Phase Zero Dark Trooper, and may be mingled in with Oppressor-15s depending on the location. The 16 is seeing more use as a bodyguard for high ranking officers, as they slowly supplement and phase out the currently extant stock of mechanical Dark Troopers. As always, Oppressor-16s should be regularly updated with new combat information, and prolonging the time between updates can result in quirks or personality errors.

Good Afternoon [member="Vanessa Vantai"],

I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. It's pretty great to see the Dark Troopers making a comeback, and hte sub looks good. There were just a few points I wanted to bring up to your attention to prevent any misunderstandings in the future.

Firstly, looking at the weaknesses you've provided,

Vanessa Vantai said:
Weaknesses: Oppressor-16s require regular software updates in order to remain at their peak performance. Not performing such updates will result in markedly decreased performance. Oppressor-16s, while more intelligent than the Oppressor-15, still lack in the ability to think when compared to a real stormtrooper.

None of these are really weaknesses in the submission that can be exploited if someone was to end up fighting the droids. I would recommend adding some exploitable weaknesses, especially since the submission is at a minor production rating. I am happy to pass this through as it stands, but I wanted to bring the potential issue to your attention before I do.

The second issue I wanted to bring to your attention was a wording issue.

Vanessa Vantai said:
The foremost reason behind the construction of the Oppressor-16 was the vulnerability of Oppressor-15s to Jedi and Force Users. The 16 deals with this by providing the Dark Trooper with phrik plates, replacing the turadium of the 15. While only providing a modest improvement in defense against ballistic and blaster weaponry, the phrik plates rendered the Oppressor-16 nearly invulnerable to a quick dissection at the hands of a Force User with a lightsaber. The 16 also fits magnetic boots, allowing it a degree of defense against easily being thrown via Force Push, Force Pull, or other telekinetic powers.

According to the wookiepedia articles on turadium the material is "very difficult to cut through, even with a lightsaber." Which would make them proof against a quick dissection with a lightsaber. I would recommend tweaking the language here to avoid confusion in the future. As before, I am happy to approve the submission as it currently stands but I wanted to bring the potential misunderstanding to your attention.

Please tag me back when you've decided what you want to do.

[member="John Locke"]

Edits have been made. My rationale for switching from phrik to turadium is an overall increase in durability against blasters, ballistic weaponry, and lightsabers when compared to turadium.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Thank you for clarifying that. If you could do one more thing and please note the combat deionizers providing a level of resistance to ionic attacks I will be happy to approve it for you. Or if you want I can approve it as it stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom