OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create the 'main line' of Dark Troopers for the Sith Empire.
- Image Source: https://www.jediholo.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/EliteDarktrooper-SWGTCGAoD.jpg
- Canon Link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_II_dark_trooper/Legends
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/18048-svd-97-surveillance-droid/
- Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
- Model: Oppressor 15-class Dark Trooper
- Affiliation: Sith Empire
- Modularity: Minor(weaponry)
- Material: Agrinium(internals), Turadium(armor plating)
- Classification: Fourth Degree
- Weight: 125kg
- Height: 2.82m
- Movement: Bipedal
- Armaments: Varies(Typically an STA (SE) Blaster Cannon with 2 plasma grenades and a VP-9 Heavy Particle Beam Pistol as a backup weapon)
- Misc. Equipment: Energy shield, magnetic sensor array, distortion filters, thermal sensors, combat de-ionizer, redundant computer core
- Energy shield
- Combat De-ionizer
- Sensors package for passive stealth tracking
- Oppressor 15s are capable of carrying heavier weaponry as though they were standard infantry weapons, thanks to their increased strength.
- Oppressor 15s fit the passive stealth tracking sensors of the SVD-97 Surveillance Droid, giving them a partial ability to engage cloaked infantry and vehicles on their own without external guidance.
- Being droid soldiers, Oppressor 15s are not creative and occasionally have difficulty interpreting the orders of their commanding officers(bar Phase Zero sergeants commanding them).
- Oppressor 15s require regular software updates in order to remain at their peak performance. Not performing such updates will result in markedly decreased performance.
While the Phase Zero portion of the Dark Trooper project had performed according to plan, the numbers of Dark Troopers produced from the program were still minimal enough to ensure that the Sith military would never be able to deploy them as a larger military unit. Through the examination of several variations of Dark Trooper as housed in Imperial museums and private collections, the concept of a new Dark Trooper, chosen to fit within the Oppressor line, began to take shape. A prototype, known as Oppressor-14, was initially created and run through a training routine devised by Sith-aligned Mandalorian mercenary Koda Fett. Copies of the droid's base programming served as the initial run of tactical knowledge for the Oppressor-15 class Dark Trooper.
In form, these droids are almost identical to the varieties of Dark Trooper used by the Galactic Empire, though their helmet is squat and more angular than the ancient Imperial constructs. Like their forebears, they can carry heavy weaponry that the average human would have difficulty wielding, but they have some minor improvements - a reduced-size sensor array, similar to that found in the aging SVD-97 Surveillance Droid, allows the Oppressor-15 to passively track cloaked infantry and vehicles through the examination of magnetic signatures, optical distortion, and thermal outlines. Oppressor-15s also feature a simple energy shield, providing them with a modest degree of protection from energy weapons.
Oppressor-15s are almost always found under the command of a very much human, yet machine-augmented, Phase Zero Dark Trooper. The Phase Zero is responsible for commanding the baseline squad of Dark Troopers, making up for the machines' lack of creativity with his own orders. Occasionally, Oppressor-15s are delegated for use as officer bodyguards, or in rare cases, Sith bodyguards.
All Oppressor-15s require weekly software updates through connection for a few minutes with a holonet-connected device. Oppressor-14 acts as a sort of central data hub for the Oppressor-15s, whose combat information - what they've learned regarding how to defeat enemies - is transferred to the main unit. A copy of Oppressor-14's combat information, comprising all the updates, is then sent to the Oppressor-15, ensuring that it remains consistently more and more lethal. Though each Oppressor-15 maintains a baseline personality, it is possible that prolonging the period of time between updates may result in quirks or other personality errors emerging.