Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Opportunities

It was wonderful to be back on Commenor. Though Jairdain spent most of her time here, there had been some recent situations that had drawn her away from the world she was most comfortable in. Mainly her continuing to deal with the death of her husband and spending time with their children. Then duty pulled her to return to Commenor and she was happy to oblige.

Sitting up from her sleep, she caressed the empty bed next to her for a moment. Through the night, she had had a few dreams. One of them felt like she needed to address the woman that had been in it. Not knowing where to find her was something Jairdain needed to change. A name had drifted across her mind as she dreamed and she approached one of the archivists at the Temple after she had gotten dressed.

"The name of the Jedi you are asking for the location of is Aayla Shan you said? Here you go, Master Ismet."

Now that she had the information she needed, she sent a message off requesting for Aayla to visit her on Commenor. Giving her more than enough time to travel...at least she hoped that was the case. She now waited in one of the rooms for the other Jedi to appear.

Deciding to not host the meeting in her office, she had picked an airy room with a great view of the square and sky out of the Temple. There were refreshments against the wall and comfy furniture to sit on. Appearing to look outside, she turned when she heard some unfamiliar footsteps coming in this room's direction.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

How exactly did one get a title she wondered. Momentarily ignorant of the meager titles she possessed herself, or had held in the past. Jedi Padawan Aayla Shan. Jedi Knight Aayla Shan, Field Commander Shan. A little thought into the topic would reveal that most that followed in wake of the Force were destined for a little more out of life than the average individual. Whether that little bit was good, or bad? A question that needed to be answered on a case by case basis the way she saw it.

All the same, a woman with a track record that made her rethink her career had beckoned for her, and just who was she to refuse. Albeit it was strange, why did Jairdain suddenly wish to discourse with Aayla? Perhaps she had done something wrong? No, she had a good sense of when she did that, and she hadn't done anything too terrible recently. Save for killing Sabina, but she was a terrible woman in life, and in the end of her life. She doubted any Sith would cry for her, much less a Jedi.

Easing her Interceptor onto the landing pad on Commenor, Aayla opened the cockpit of her X-Wing, standing and letting her left foot rest on the lid of the cockpit; right leg held straight as she looked around, and snuck in a quick stretch and yawn. Given, Commenor wasn't all that far from Kashyyyk especially given the advent of Hyperspace travel; but she had been feeling... Different these days. Aware it had at least something to do with coming into her age as an Astrian; she dealed with more oddities regarding her body and mind this year than almost any other point in her life, but she rolled on.

"Alright, lets get it..."

Aayla mumbled, using a right hand to hop over the lid and fall just slightly to the ground below. Moving inside and asking around for the person she was supposed to be meeting, not to mention taking in the sights of Commenor. A place she heard used to be the seat of the Silver Jedi's power, though she may have gotten that wrong. All in all, the place was still beautiful. Maybe it didn't have the natural beauty she was used to being almost entirely raised on Kashyyyk, but Commenor had its own magic.

Walking down the hallway, she finally made it to just outside the room, and stopped to look into a mirror briefly before continuing. Shaking her head and watching her short hair flutter with a smirk. Time to see what Master Ismet wanted with her.

When she saw the woman, Aayla would stop on the spot, and hands at her sides to bow to her elder, and superior to boot.

"Master Jairdain Pa--.. Jedi Knight Aayla-Senn Shan."

She stated aloud, coming up from her bow of respect in turn, and glancing about the room immediately. WATER. She thought, when she saw it; unaware how dreadfully thirsty she was until she saw it available for the taking. Though, she wasn't dying, so she wouldn't rush over there just yet. Instead, she would turn and glance behind her before approaching Jairdain slowly, seeming to take a good amount of time with actually observing what was inside the room.

Jairdain Jairdain

2FS8YbB.png

Returning the bow with a smile and nod, Jairdain accepted the title being given to her.

"Welcome to Commenor, Knight Shan. Go on and help yourself to the water."

It wasn't that she could read the mind of Aayla or anything, it just wasn't difficult to discern where her thoughts were.

The table with the water was in a shaded area and kept cool. Two glasses waited there to be filled but she made no move to pour one for herself. If Aayla decided to get water, she would wait while the young woman did this. This would give her the opportunity to consider her words and why she had even requested her to come. Everything was based on a dream.

As her guest took the chance to look around the area, she might get the feeling this was not Jairdain's office. There were no personal items anywhere to be seen. Things in here fit the setting of a sunny room and a neutral meeting place. Whites and yellows were strong but not bright. The furniture was yellow but not the kind that would make your eyes bleed. Flowers covered the pillows on the couch and Jairdain took a seat in one of the matching chairs.

Deciding it would be best to get to the point of why she had called on Aayla, once they were both seated, she would do just that.

"I can honestly say I have no real good idea why I had you and your name come to me in my dreams. But it did. So that is why I asked you to come. Can you tell me why that might be?"

Perhaps there were some pieces of knowledge Jairdain had that she needed to pass on. Maybe Aayla was going through some personal issues and she could assist in some manner. Hopefully, things would become clear soon.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

What the?

Was she reading her mind? Was Aayla even guarding her mind against such intrusions? Hardly, she was never a mentalist; though she had also never put any particular thought into broadening her understanding of that side of the Force. Aayla was more of a frontline bruiser, it had suited her well, and she kept to what worked.

In any case, the water being offered caused Aayla to nod curtly, and move in that direction. Pouring herself a cup of water, and noticing the other cup before pouring a second cup of water. With that, she would pick up both and turn to briskly walk in Jairdain's direction, sitting and reaching across the place a glass in front of the Master, leaning back up to drink a few quaint gulps from her own. Setting down the glass, she would be listening, and nodding along as the other spoke.

"I can honestly say I have no real good idea why I had you and your name come to me in my dreams. But it did. So that is why I asked you to come. Can you tell me why that might be?"

What reason? She didn't know, but she put some thought to it, perhaps there was something she hadn't yet thought of. Something that she normally wouldn't think about. Nothing came to mind initially... Perhaps the looming confrontation with Kadan's Sith Lord of a Father. Maybe it had to do with the difficult request Valery Noble had presented Aayla with not even a week prior. It could have been any of those things, or none of them... Maybe all of them?

"I'm sorry, I have no idea. The Force has been serene in my perception. I haven't sensed anything amiss. Though, I do have some sensitive tasks upcoming. Me and Kadan Scipora are hunting a Darth... I'm also slotted to step away from my duties for perhaps a year, or two... As a personal favor to a friend."

She paused briefly then, thinking further.

"I... Did have a dream. A Mandalorian woman... She was intent on killing me. In my dream, I can't tell if she's successful, but it feels as though I'm slipping. Falling through some invisible barrier into nothingness. I feel... Terror, fear, and pain... And then serenity. Then... I wake up.."

Aayla said, offering what information she could, but not sure what it was she was looking for. Albeit the information was there, and Jairdain would note her dream of Aayla was very similar, regarding the Mandalorian Assassin. However Jairdain's dream was more leaned towards the end of the dream.

Aayla on her back, reaching up to a masked individual, the assailant mercilessly plunging a Beskad through her heart. Aayla grabbed the blade, but couldn't stop it. Leaning her head back and fading into the
ether. Jairdain could see Aayla's death clear as day, while Aayla explained she felt as though the dream was ambiguous.

Jairdain Jairdain

2FS8YbB.png

Even though Jairdain was blind, there were many things she did to keep those with physical sight comfortable. So as her guest spoke, she closed her eyes and truly listened to what she was told. Feeling the words with the Force, she was as calm and serene as Aayla felt The Force to be.

If she were to actually reach out with it to feel Jairdain, she would be able to tell she was using it now in a passive sense. Just getting to know how the Force flowed and felt between them as well as any hidden thoughts that went with the spoken words.

From what she could tell, Aayla was being honest with her and did not intentionally keep anything secret from the Master. Picking up the glass of water, she sorted through everything she had been told before breaking her silence.

Because her eyes had been closed when Aayla mentioned her own version of the dream, there was no real way for her to know about the surprise that was felt. She kept a strong hold on her emotions and rarely did she allow another to feel them. This being their first meeting, she kept them close.

"It appears we have had similar dreams then."

While Aayla couldn't tell if she lived or died, Jairdain could see what happened. However, visions were not always set in stone and it might not happen as they both saw. Then again...sometimes trying to prevent a course only caused it to happen.

Taking a drink and setting the glass down, she leaned back slightly and focused on Aayla.

"What do you want to do about this?"

Not giving the details she had seen in her own dream, death was never really easy to talk about. Especially your own.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

What to do about it? What could she do about it? Either of them anyway? Keep Aayla away from Mandalorians with blades? Force her to quit? The only thing she could imagine was being mindful. If the very Force was conspiring against her however, it was hard to imagine what Aayla could do to counteract it. And yet, she wasn't afraid. Kiara Ayres wasn't afraid when she passed, Force rest her soul. If this was how she went, at the very least she knew what to expect.

"Nothing, Master Ismet... There's nothing to do. I can't just stop doing what I do. I... I'll be mindful in my travels, and exercise caution around Mandalorians. Though I have no reason to believe there are any Mandalorians with a personal grudge towards me."

Aayla shook her head, a little shocked that Jairdain of all people had seen such a vision. Furthermore, she knew that two people didn't hallucinate the same thing. This vision had some merit. She could only hope it didn't come to pass.

From there, she couldn't help but notice, there wasn't much else to talk about. Master Ismet was probably just as shocked having to watch Aayla get murdered for something that had nothing to do with her. Aayla almost wanted to apologize for that, but wasn't even sure if that was something she should have apologized for.

Sorry the Force is showing you visions of me getting impaled? Aayla drunk from her water glass until it was empty, lightly setting it down with a clink and staring at it in confusion.

Jairdain Jairdain
2FS8YbB.png

"It might not be anything or anybody with a personal vendetta for you, Aayla. We have to go into wars and battles...sometimes on just a wing and a prayer. That is the life we have in front of us."

Speaking calmly and with maybe a touch of sadness, Jairdian understood what it meant to be a Jedi all too well. Leaning a little closer but hopefully not enough to make her guest uncomfortable...they were not sitting on the same chair so it shouldn't.

"I think I saw my dream or vision because I might be able to help you...somehow. Tell me, what non-battle skills do you know? If you did any research on me or know anything about me, then you'll realize I'm more supportive. So maybe there is something in my knowledge that can assist you. Worth a shot anyway."

Picking up her drink again, she tilted her head a little before taking a sip and setting the glass down.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom