Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation: Trade Con (Companies/Merchants/Open)

fleet_movements_by_ere4s3r.jpg

x1024-logo-1511469990.png.pagespeed.ic.Cfxfc3gB9x.png
"Without Supply, Bullets don't fly!"
Space Near Voss
Purpose: Provide Contract opportunity to players with companies. Have some fun discourse.
Agenda:

• Construction Contracts.
  • Trade Agreements.
  • Aqquisistion of War Material.
  • Aqquisistion of Basic Materials.

Station 63 had been live for about a week now. As effort were ongoing to burn out the Pirate factions that had invaded and crippled Voss airspace, there hadn't been time for much more than that. A call had gone out over the broad net again, this time asking for bids and contracts.

Voss was destroyed from the brush-wars that had raged across her sector after the abandoning. Without extra supply lines and defense the Confederacy found itself hamstrung, unable to move out to other systems and lend support.

Trade was now their highest priority.

Backed by the brokers of the Morellia Comonwealth, and an insane loan from the Inter Galactic Banking Clan they were on the map, like a toddler with monopoly money, ready to wave it around.

On station 63 Colap was running guard detail, protecting the 1st Merchant Terra Chiz. She was an awkward woman with a long nose and long black hair. Dressed impeccably, sitting behind a long table with her advisors. Colap stood in the corner of the room, flanked by two troopers with only pistols and no helmets.

The floor was open.

An added Addendum Read:

Directive Echo: ECONOMIC POLICY

Trade will be the highest of priorities. Commerce being essential for the health and welfare of a nations citizenry. Trade will be encouraged, and taxed at the lowest bracket. All restrictions on goods have been lifted. Any Vessel, Company or Captain is free to use our docks, unless they should come under false flag to attempt harm upon us. No goods are to be considered contraband.

Excerpt from the Articles of Confederacy

Aeshi stepped off the boarding ramp from the StarDream and made her way through the station. She had begun to make deals for the family business and they had done well so far. One with the Metal Lords, one for an employee, and now for this new start-up government. Governments were desperate for those like her who could haul valuable things through the cargo lanes. Ironic, given government's idea of itself as important. The woman gave a half smile as she paused in front of the doorway.

Guards, armed with blasters, but not much else. At least, no helmets that she could see. Hopefully nobody would try to resort to violence here, because these guards would not fare well. She held up her id chip.

"Captain Tillian, Tillian Family Enterprises." She also tapped a sigil on her coat for one of the other nearby shipping guilds. Oh, yeah, she was a part of that guild now as well. She had the connections, one could say. "Here to negotiate a deal and contracts."

[member="Colap Ticon"]

[member="Colap Ticon"]

STATION 63
VOSS CONFEDERATION TERRITORY

First Merchant Terra Chiz caught Jethro's eye as soon as he came in. Aloof short-skirt-long-jacket types tended to snag his attention. He ran a hand through graying hair and stepped up to the long table where she sat with her advisors. A glance verified what his peripheral vision had told him: the other three mercs were staying in the corner, for the moment.

"Evening, ma'am." Could be any time by the station's clock, but evening sounded better. "I'm Jethro Rekali. Some folks I know heard the Confederation's hurting for supply lines and good tech. They asked me to swing by and have a chat."

He unslung his shoulder bag and unzipped it on the table. The open flap revealed a knife made of black voidsteel, a chunky Deathrattle hard-sound carbine, a miniature scanner that could clip into the bracer of a power armor suit, and some vials of DBP-doped Equivox, all nestled in black foam. He glanced at [member="Aeshi Tillian"], then turned his attention back to Terra Chiz.

"It's Sith-killing stuff. Knife cuts their powers, gun blows their eardrums and breaks bones, scanner picks up the Force stuff in their blood, and the poison causes flat-out crippling pain to Sith but no real harm to other folks. Lot more where this came from, small quantities only. It's from a workshop on Eshan."

[member="Aeshi Tillian"]

The moment she entered she had the floor. Among the traders milling about and discussing deals amongst themselves, Terra spotted her and nodded at her. The job of the details was passed off to one of her aids, whom furnished a data pad and smiled.

"Excellent, we are glad to have you Miss Tillian. Now tell me, what services can Tillian family Enterprises offer the Confederacy?"

Terras aids were very much quick and to the point. A server droid also approached, with a glass decanter of Whiskey and some bacon wrapped peppers...

[member="Jethro Rekali"]

Jethros wares were enticing not only to Terra but to Colap as well. The Carbine and the knife really drew him in, so he crossed the room. Terra greeted the newcomer as always, with that polite smile. Colap also gave his own smile and hovered over the tech, inspecting it. Oh yes this was good stuff.

Stuff most people didn;t even know existed.

"May I?" He asked, motioning as if to inspect Jethros wares.

"You say Eshan? How much of this can we expect on a regular basis. Would resupply be an issue for you Mr. Rekali?" Terra asked.

Sehe was really waiting for Colaps assessment, as one of the only High Ranking Officers on the deck.

[member="Colap Ticon"]

Aeshi took the whiskey and swirled around, eyeing the liquid. Quality stuff and the peppers seemed quality as well. She gave a nod of appreciation and took a sip.

"We're a merchant cargo business," she explained. "You need trade deals, construction materials, and all purpose materials." She indicated the datapad with the agenda with a tilt of her head. "Through partnerships with the Metal Lords and the Mara-Perlemian Shipping Guild, we can get you those in bulk for cheap. And," she added, pausing to empty the shot glass of whiskey and set it on the table, "we can do it faster than any competitor on the market."

She took a step back and raised her eyebrows. "Additionally, we can do contract work for ship upgrades, repairs, and refits. I also," she paused with a sparkle in her eyes. "Invented a new form of whiskey. Still quite rare and valuable. Quite some time before I can get mass production up and running. I'll sell it to you with a sizable rate and not sell it myself in these sectors. Gives you quite a leg up in generating a quick profit to fund your projects."

"Deal?"

[member="Colap Ticon"]

"Yeah, go for it," said Jethro to the merc. "Just don't pull that trigger or we'll all be walking funny."

He refocused on Terra and leaned on the table a little. She didn't seem offput by him laying out his wares in front of her, so that was something. Put-together but didn't ruffle easily. Good stuff.

"Yeah, I know the guy who runs the workshop, him and his staff. Little frozen base on the tundra. The outfit's called Bard Independent - maybe you've heard of an inventor named Connory? Anyways, he puts this stuff together. We're talking real cottage industry here, so there isn't a ton of it, but there's nothing like it." He tapped the knife. "This here's called voidsteel, refined out of a meteor you can get in maybe two places in the 'verse. He invented it. Every bit of voidsteel in the galaxy was made by him and his friends, or it's a knockoff. You can understand why the quantity's an issue. Don't think you'll ever find a problem with quality, though."

[member="Aeshi Tillian"]

Supplies were good. The aide nodded.

"We can definitely strike a deal here. Let's say fuel, munitions, and building material. Primarily we need durasteel and food stuffs, munitions and fuel as secondary. Whiskey would fall under comfort items, so it'll be last, but we're willing to buy you out on that as far as the Voss sector."

She paused, scribbling down notes as another aide typed a more concrete contract.

"What are the estimated weights of cargo we can expect, and what is the interval between shipments. Also what is the price range you'd expect?"

[member="Jethro Rekali"]

Colap nodded. He'd heard of the Voidsteel before, though only in passing. Knowing he had a bit of an edge on his competition and direct from the source? That was priceless. These good could go towards their operatives, the higher tier grunts in the field with the knack for getting up close and personal.

Colap wanted a few choice pieces himself.

He smiled a the quip.

"Twenty years under armor, ten with a rucksack humping it. I walk funny as it is my friend."

He gave Terra an approving look and then she nodded.

"The wares seem to check out Mr. Rekali. How many could we expect and what would be the interval of deliveries if I may? Also there is the subject of cost. It's exceptional work, we'll contract out a large sum to keep a stock fully filled in our higher level armories (PC's)."

[member="Colap Ticon"]

"We can provide all of those," Aeshi agreed, calculating in her head. There were multiple markets within the galaxy that she could establish to get these in bulk. Just had to design the most efficient routes. She or Drake would chart out the first hyperlanes for those, tying into existing routes or blazing her own. That was a little trickier, but she had the supplies for it. And the amount? She smiled.

"Initial runs can begin in about two weeks notice at 350 cubic tons of supplies. That's just me and my own ship, but once further deals are made, that can begin to increase. Within six months, I say we could start bringing in regular shipments of a minimum of 25 million metric tons. Just need to assemble the supply to match that demand." Aeshi pushed a strand of hair away from her eyes as she calculated some more. "Weekly shipments when we reach that point and..." she counted off credits in her head before listing the price. "As far as Voss sector is concerned, it's all yours."

[member="Colap Ticon"]

Jethro chuckled under his breath at Ticon's joke-that-wasn't-a-joke. "Yeah, I hear you."

He zipped up the samples again and slung the bag over his shoulder. "Maybe two dozen each to start, every few months. Cost is hefty enough to cover shipping from Eshan, but I hear the guy gives discounts if you cross your heart and promise to use this stuff against Sith. Long story; I don't ask.

"Now, if you like what you get, and I'm pretty positive you're gonna, you should chat with the workshop. They tend to make custom things for special needs. If you've got a specific problem, Connory's the man to ask. Might be able to whip something up that fills a niche nobody expects." He hefted the bag significantly. "Case in point."

[member="Jethro Rekali"]

Aeshi had been paying attention and listening to what the other man had been saying, although the conversation had been with a different person. Use against Sith? She paused a moment and turned.

"How can I get in contact with the workshop?" She waited for a moment. "Never been fond of Sith and could certainly use some gear, what with the Sith Empire being what it is these days."

[member="Aeshi Tillian"]

"That'll work. Heres the contract."

Satisfied with the outcome she passed the data pad over with all the particulars.

"We look forwards to doing business. Can we offer any additional assets on our side? Space in our new trade station we are planning? Perhaps a detachment of security vessels for your convoys?"

[member="Jethro Rekali"]

"Aye I'd take that up. Does the guy do armors?"

Terra meanwhile was compiling the data and handed the pad over to Jethro to sign with a smile.

"Can we do anything more fr you Mr. Rekali? Food, drink, perhaps another deal?"

[member="Colap Ticon"]

Aeshi took the datapad and read through it, especially the fine print lettering. All seemed to check out and she nodded.

“Space in the trade station would be excellent,” she added, “And once we get the bulk shipments coming in, security will be beneficial. Until then, we can take care of ourselves.”

When those additions were added, she would sign the contract and hand it back

[member="Aeshi Tillian"]​
"Excellent, the deal is good then. Feel free to utilize the station or talk to other Captains and see what other deals you can make. We only hold a five percent tax on all deals initiated through our convention site. Until then, we wish you the best."

The dark Lord had made a very odd appearance in the station
A lone sith lord in a trade station wasn't what you would call normal
but he was here for a relic

And would kill anyone who got in his way

He knew it was here just didn't know where

[member="Colap Ticon"] [member="Darth Miargo"]

"Pleasure doing business," Aeshi replied, turning away from the table, when she stopped. The Dark Side had begun to coil through the station, malicious, malevolent, and hungry. She took a deep breath and flexed her fingers, grimacing as they found the empty holsters. "Might want to keep those anti-Sith toys ready. There's one on this station."

She set her shoulders and wandered into the main convention space, eyes alert as she made a circuit, browsing the different vendor's displays, trying to keep her own Force presence hidden, shrunk down to microscopic.

Maybe He should of changed out of his robes
and robotic mask
but he was not afraid he moved through the station Attracting eyes obviously if this mission wasn't for a relic
he would of cut down everyone of these people

Natalie only dealed with big entities, and she was more than happy in assisting the Voss Confederacy grow and develop, so long as they returned the favor. Although she had only been present briefly she could quite easily distinguish where the main representatives for said entity were located and approached swiftly, two droids following her who were to be sample models for Terra to inspect should she choose.

"I'm assuming I'm in the correct place to be speaking with representatives of the Voss Confederacy? Natalie LaForte." Smiling and extending her hand to Terra to establish a friendly presence.

"I represent the Intergalactic Monetary Fund, we're an established corporation seeking to expand influence in various sectors; and I believe the Confederacy could be a prime investor in my company. Simply put, we're looking for an investment to supply your organisation with an exclusive droid model not available anywhere else on our marketplace. If you want, we could also potentially discuss supplying other goods, though I'm primarily here to talk about droids."

[member="Colap Ticon"]

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

Terra nodded, and her aide passed on warning from Tillian. Colap was not too worried. One darksider amongst a ton of his guard, in a station, surrounded by an entire Battle group numbering in the thousands was not a significant threat. All that was on station was trade goods and money.

And a lot of it.

"That is an impressive proposal Miss La Forte. You need investors? What would our return on investment be? What can you offer the Confederacy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom