Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Operation Beach Thread (Everyone, non combat)

Your faction leaders may say no, but don't worry. Papa bear is here for you kiddos.

The warm sun beat down on the lapping waves. The warm breeze of Arda Blue gently through the palm trees. I had to appreciate the tropical beauty. I may have been a thug and a low brow criminal, but I was a low brow criminal that liked pretty chit.

That's why I had set up a towel on the sand near the volleyball net. Not to satisfy the deep love of jumping that I didn't possess but to better observe other people's love of jumping and judge them accordingly. The multitude of kegs, cask, barrels, and bottles would also aid my impeccable judgment.

So, after a series of happy suckers, I mean, clients I had enough credits to sit on this beach and stay indefinitely inebriated. So, I that was what I was going to do.

Trayze Tesar

CURRENT MISSION - Duck and (maintain) cover
Immediate Goals -
1: Entertain yourself on PTO
1.1: Socialize with the... wait where is everyone?

BLUFOR - UNKNOWN

OPFOR - N/A

TARGETING ACTION(S) - Hard Luck Frank Hard Luck Frank

Toes in the sand, Trayze Tesar allowed himself to breathe a set of salted and ocean-chilled air. The warmth of the sun and the breeze was a welcome respite from the hectic drudgery - asset collection, duties as a Lieutenant Inspector, conspiring with his cousin for the betterment of the Sith, and even his family.

He loved his family, they were his rock, his reason, his ace up the sleeve where so many Sith dealt with parental issues - but sometimes he needed a minute to himself that wasn't in a condo on Jutrand.

Arriving with a rucksack of his own, Trayze brought his own refreshments and towels, noting a volleyball net nearby. He pondered to himself if a solitaire game of volleyball would be good. Besides him and the giant of a man lounging a stone's throw away, the beach was... surprisingly empty.

Had he lucked out? Where was everyone?

Lily was tired. Between the escape from Celanon, the refugee crisis on Vjun and then the Force Traveling on Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro 's ship, she was exhausted. She was supposed to have gone back to Firefist, back to Jaibrek and to Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk but instead, she found herself caught. Ensnared by a ridiculous need to make a difference.

How on earth was a nineteen year old former street rat supposed to make a difference?

So Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr had given her access to funds, and she'd looked hard at that mountain of credits thay she had familial ties to and it had made her feel even worse about her new found connection to a family that had abandoned her at birth.

She let out a long sigh digging her toes further into the sand and flopping onto her back. The soft sugh of the waves on the sand easing the tension from her soul.

Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar Hard Luck Frank Hard Luck Frank

Iskendyr supposed time on a beach wasn't terrible, it had been awhile since he'd been to one. He was covered in sun screen, wearing flip-flops, and a beige boonie hat that matched his cargo shorts. "Why is the sand so hot? Is it supposed to be hot?" Maybe he'd been too used to the indoor beach settings of Seoul. He held a small foldable lounge chair under one arm and a few books in the other that threatened to spill over. He held a picnic basket with one hand, blanket and towels over either shoulder. His shirt was a long sleeve white shirt, "Lily, Lily, Lily, are we going to be here long?" He wondered thinking he'd have to make a second trip to grab the cooler. One had to stay hydrated after all, Iskendyr tripped over a rock and stumbled forward. Grateful he didn't drop anything until someone bumped into him and then he dropped things. He spun around and wanted to throw a few of the umbrellas at them but calmed himself down.

"Right, so, uh, just, give me a moment," he stammered as he set the blanket down and the picnic basket over it. Set his chair beside Lily, and set his books neatly down beside the chair. Towels laid over the chair neatly, and then he looked back down from where he'd come from. "I'll be right, right back," he motioned and then did his best not to get much sand in his shoes which was a futile if not hilarious effort as he looked like a cat or a dog trying to throw booties off their feet. He cursed the sand whilst going back to his speeder, then coming back with a small side table, umbrella, first aid kit, more sunscreen than someone could shake a stick at and a small mini fan. "One must plan accordingly," he could be heard from behind the tower of items he was bringing. "I did think that perhaps, Mr. Bloodborn might be joining us, if not we'll be under the supervision of my aunt, or cousin... whoever."

One item after another he finished setting up their area of the beach, finally, he could settle down with a nice book. Waraxe 70k's Guard books for starters then he could get right into the Drexels & Dungeons books he'd been meaning to get into. There were of course a few historical reads in the mix such as the Battle of Endor, the Battle of Jakku, and the Rise of the One Sith, Memoirs from various Admirals, Cyrus Tregessar, Ayden Cater to name a few. "Oh, how rude, should I get you a beverage?" Offered Isky before he fully settled into reading.

Trayze Tesar

CURRENT MISSION - Duck and (maintain) cover
Immediate Goals -
1: Entertain yourself on PTO
1.1: Apologize for bumping into Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro
1.2: Socialize with the newcomers
BLUFOR - UNKNOWN

OPFOR - N/A

TARGETING ACTION(S) - Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

If there was one universal truth Trayze Tesar knew, it was the Force did not prevent you from making mistakes. Whether stuck in his own head with too many thoughts, or trying to empty his mind of them, he bumped into a blond young lad causing him to stumble. The Kiffar cringed and clenched against himself as the well-earned projectile that never came... Well, that meant he could still rectify the situation, no?

But before the elder Detective could open his mouth to apologize, the young lad scarpered off.
"Right, so, uh, just, give me a moment," he stammered as he set the blanket down and the picnic basket over it. Set his chair beside Lily, and set his books neatly down beside the chair. Towels laid over the chair neatly, and then he looked back down from where he'd come from. "I'll be right, right back," he motioned and then did his best not to get much sand in his shoes which was a futile if not hilarious effort as he looked like a cat or a dog trying to throw booties off their feet.
Where the breath was reserved for an apology, it instead gave voice to a bubbling brook of chuckles at the relatable indignity of the young cadet. He marked him well, formal, eager to appease the lady of the pair, and far overprepared. Speaking of the lass, now that Trayze had a good look at her - the two of them both were Force sensitive, but it was her... Lilly, the name sounded familiar? Her aura felt familiar - not quite Dresden, not quite Malum's sisters, neither quite like Revna nor Elise.

Was this how Malum felt all those years ago at the Palace of Silver Rain? When the unknown quest to gather the various castaways of the Ancient and Illustrious House of Marr began, everything felt so small...

As Trayze heard the man continue to verbally attempt to save face, a bit of panic rose in his belly for a moment. Espying the books, he noted the rather good taste of the cadet's literature. Hopefully he was a Foreward Exclave enthusiast, or better still, of the Maidens Militant - though the lad could simply just be someone who read rather than partook in the wargame proper. Trayze had seen some Sith use Waraxe as a means of status - to flaunt wealth and the prestige of safety and time with the Galaxy's most expensive miniatures.

Perhaps he could investigate from afar - withdraw before things could get... awkward.

I sat on the blanket and lifted a sandwhich, I had made for myself to my mouth. Well, by made myself, I meant I made myself walk to the sandwhich shop and buy it myself. You might be inclined to say that it doesn't count but unless you're handing out sandwhiches you opinion is about as useful as some sandwhichless creep. And to be clear, that isn't very useful.

But! There I was on the beach with a sandwhich while some other people did some things and other crap around. I couldn't get a great look because it took me a lot longer to get up and change positions than I would like, well, not that long but I didn't really feel like moving, unless I ran out for sandwhiches, or booze. Oh, I forgot to pour the booze. Fierfek.

--Dragons & Sandcastles--

Xitli stretched allowing the warm sands to warm his blood. He allowed his feathers to sprout from the sand like palms. It helped regulate his temperature, providing shade and washing away excess heat in the cool ocean breeze. His tongue flicked out, capturing the sweet taste of salt.

It made him nostalgic, filling his minds eye with memories of a past life. A dangerous life, when he would hide amongst the corals preying only upon those creatures small and weak enough to succumb to his coils. A life before the Guilds. A life before the political backstabbing and plots against him and his family.

But the beach wasn't only his beginning, but his end too. One day, hopefully soon, he would return home triumphant. With wealth and influence enough to woo a mate, and claim his place amongst the elite of Avali society. Untouchable. Peaceful...

"Great One."

Xitli sighed, two words anchoring his mind back in reality. Before him stood Vex, one of a thousand Satorian's in his care. Vex was a sunburst scaled, his tail covered in brilliant orange plumes that reminded him of Quauhatli. The only Satorian he ever deemed his equal.

"I hear you Vex." He purred raising his long neck to scan the beach. Sentients gradually filling the warm sands, smaller children pointing at him as though he were some exotic beast.

Once, that might had offended him. But in their long voyage, Xitli had become humble. His kind had isolated themselves from the galaxy long ago, and for that they had become foreign. Alien. Plus, in a round about way he supposed the joy of children at seeing such a strange sentient was a reward of its own.

But above that, he realised the Satorian's engineers had taken his command quite literally. He was surrounded on all sides by fortified 3ft wall, their craftsman ship impressed him. Although, it certainly added to the amusement of children who perceived him to be the dragon of a castle.

"Forgive us, but it-"

Xitli interrupted him, "You have done a excellent job Chit. You make me proud."

Vex jumped caught off guard, the young Satorian's blushing. "I- Thank you Great One! Shall we-"

"No. You have earned a rest, please go, enjoy yourselves."

"It is our joy to serve?" Vex spoke with uncomfortable uncertainty.

"Then do so. My orders demand you find something you enjoy, and relax. It is necessary."

Vex's confusion didn't leave him, but he dared not question and simply nodded leaving Xitli alone. The small retinue of Satorian's left, although he had no doubt they would soon return. Likely with gifts or tribute...

Trayze Tesar

CURRENT MISSION - Here There Be Kobolds
Immediate Goals -
1: R&R on PTO
1.1: Apologize for bumping into Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro
1.2: Socialize with the Locals
2: Avoid getting your things taken as "tribute".

BLUFOR - N/A

OPFOR - Here there are no enemies... but there may be nuisances.

TARGETING ACTION(S) - Hard Luck Frank Hard Luck Frank Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul

A thousand is a lot, irregardless of exact substance. A thousand microcreds, a thousand mistakes, a thousand spam messages in your holo-mail account, and a thousand karking Satorians. This last portion was the most immediate concern for the Kiffar on the beach, as the sheer inundation of small presences in the Force was enough to take him off guard. He had only heard of the Avail, and by extension, their Satorian underlings, through reputation alone and secondhand interaction. Sadly, said interaction kept confirming the stereotype of the hapless Satorian finding himself in increasingly unbelievable circumstances to woo an aloof Avali overlord.

Trayze had no problem with Avali, nor Satorians, but when the two were together well... one disentanglement of which miniscule scaley slave belonged to which equally canny but haughty Avali was two cases far too many in his mind.

Feeling his muscles tense, and a warm exhale through his nostrils, he allowed himself to attain a ghost of a predatory stance. Not against the young blond lad, but the throng of three-meter tall sapients that were now let loose upon the shorelines. Hope told him that the Avali was magnanimous, and permitted them to enjoy and frolic while they sat back and enjoyed a vacation well earned - experience taught him that the Avali was done with dealing with a thousand of anything and told them all, no doubt very politely, to kark off.

A thousand of anything was overmuch, even of a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom