Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Sith Founders Kriteek

Last February, the One Sith started as a small group of writers that included myself and a few others. A lot has changed since, and it's likely not going to be the last faction Soliael and myself will try to create.

What were some things that worked? What were some things we needed to improve on? What kind of factions do you think are missing on this board?

Also, forgot an "s" in the title after "Founder". Factions can't be built alone.

I have very barely participated in the One Sith faction. I believe I heard the OOC Skype chat was deleted, and I think this can be a great thing. It prevents possible accidental metagaming, it can help prevent drama and bickering of other players and / or factions, and generally I feel that without a chat for everyone to waste their time in, it gets more work done.

I don't have much to critique, but I just wanted to give a thumbs up. Whatever faction you guys do next, I'll likely join.

Lysle of the Hydian Way said:
I believe I heard the OOC Skype chat was deleted
We've never had a Skype chat for the One Sith, at least while Soliael and myself were there. We've found that people have little incentive to stay polite off-board. We didn't want this for the Faction, nor was it seen to be necessary as the One Sith still won its first Invasion.

I hope this doesn't affect your decision to join whatever faction we make/(hostily)takeover, yet you should expect an absence of Skype presence from at least myself.

Lysle of the Hydian Way said:
I have very barely participated in the One Sith faction. I believe I heard the OOC Skype chat was deleted, and I think this can be a great thing. It prevents possible accidental metagaming, it can help prevent drama and bickering of other players and / or factions, and generally I feel that without a chat for everyone to waste their time in, it gets more work done.

I don't have much to critique, but I just wanted to give a thumbs up. Whatever faction you guys do next, I'll likely join.

Daella Apparine said:
We've never had a Skype chat for the One Sith, at least while Soliael and myself were there. We've found that people have little incentive to stay polite off-board. We didn't want this for the Faction, nor was it seen to be necessary as the One Sith still won its first Invasion.

Yup never had a One Sith Faction Skype Chat.

Skype chats bring drama -- and rather put everyone on the board cause not everyone has skype.

[member="Daella Apparine"]
Ah, nonetheless, it is a good idea.

If you're looking for a faction idea, I've always liked the idea of Guardians from Destiny, if anything is remotely similar to them, I'd be on the bandwagon quicker than you can read this reply.

The One Sith has been the most fantastically successful, active and powerful faction that SWRP has seen yet. After the strategic purging of unwanted members and ideas from the Sith Empire, what was left was a determined core of writers which soon built up a rush of newcomers. They've fought and defeated all comers and now stand poised after the event to recreate that Sith Empire for real.

But there is a price.
The One Sith have acquired something of a reputation, and I admit I share part of this view, that they win through Zerg rushing. Zerg rushing Vong stuff, Zerg rushing Sithspawn, Zerg rushing Sith Masters.
It's difficult to be in RPs against the One Sith because they have cherrypicked every one of Canon's plot expedient baddie-specific tools and mashed them together. Vong, Sithspawn and Sith Masters were needed to challenge the heroes, but in an RP environment the effect is that it's almost impossible to win an invasion or compete.

That's not really a problem, I guess, and congrats to the OS for being so successful, but it does make things disheartening OOCly for many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom