Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once upon a time there was a Princess

Well here she stood waiting to speak with [member="Jack Sparrow"] her mother having sent her back to the Republic with words that relegated her status that in Faith's mind was less than a pawn. She had told her to lick the boots of the Republic.

What could possibly be done? What was she going to do now? Ambassador, maybe. Aldera weighed heavily on her mind, her condition taking up another portion, and now where was [member="Draco Vereen"] after the visit to New Crevasse City he had left, to do what he needed.

She was here back with Ana and Rebekah this time. Both of them nervous for her both wondering where they were going to sleep tonight. Faith however had not told them she maneuvered Aldera credits around as was able to secure them a suite of rooms they'd sleep well.

A deep sigh was all she could manage, as she waited for the doors to open.

Jack Sparrow, Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, looked at the monitor embedded in his desk, and saw the lovely face of [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] standing in front of the doors to his offices, flanked by two smaller people. Pushing a button, he activated the remote switch that opened the doors. A button next to that one would have lowered blast doors that were impervious to anything short of a freighter's cannon, while the third would silently summon a troop of Republic Guards.

Jack rose as the doors opened, crossing the room with hands wide at his sides and a pleasant grin on his face. As glad as he was about how the events on Alderaan had turned out, he knew it was likely going to be a sore spot to some within the Organa family.

"Faith," said Jack, opening his arms wide. "Not too long ago we'd shared a very pleasant hug. I hope circumstances have not deteriorated so much that we can't replicate that."

Faith laughed, and motioned for Ana and Rebekah to stay put, "I don't know Jack I'm thinking you have ulterior motives" She moved over to give him a hug, "thanks, so.." she sighed as she stepped back, "here we are"

Faith looked at Jack, yeah he knew just like he did, "Well with Alyesa and Mother having got their wish to move Alderaan, I guess we need to talk about what you want me to do, since technically I don't have a Senate seat anymore."

She folded her hands. She was a bit out of her element, and just didn't know what to do next, or what the Republic would let her do.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Oh, I always have ulterior motives, love," said Jack, flashing a sly grin and speaking in a voice too low for the children to hear. He stepped past Faith, ignoring her questions for the moment. "Now. Who are you two, and why are you standing there instead of coming in? I'm Jack Sparrow, Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. You're not bombs, are you? Or cakes perhaps, that the princess and I are meant to enjoy later? Does one of you have a chocolate center?"

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

"Jack those are my aides. They make sure I make my meetings." Maybe he needed a date.

She watched as Ana and Rebekah smiled. "Sir" Ana looked to Faith.

Rebekah smiled, "no but I love chocolate"

Faith stood watching smiling wondering if Jack was so,old.

"Their Fathers warned them about pirates" Faith offered up.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Jack those are my aides. They make sure I make my meetings." Maybe he needed a date.

She watched as Ana and Rebekah smiled. "Sir" Ana looked to Faith.

Rebekah smiled, "no but I love chocolate"

Faith stood watching smiling wondering if Jack was so,old.

"Their Fathers warned them about pirates" Faith offered up

"Have you, love?" asked Jack, looking over his shoulder. He glanced back at the aides. "Every word true, no doubt." He nodded. "Well. Come in, the pair of you, and make yourselves comfortable. Never let it be said that Chancellor Sparrow stood too heavily upon formality." He swept his arms out expansively, indicating the entire office.

"Now then, to you, princess. With Alderaan being what is it, which is to say, not leaving the Republic, I should very much like you to remain my Minister of Intelligence, because you do it very well, and I trust you in a way I trust very few others within my government. How do we...do sit down, by the way. Can I get you anything? Drink? Snack? Holdout blaster? How do we make that happen?"

[member="Jack Sparrow"]​
"Am I allowed to do that Jack, without being a sitting Senator?" She couldn't remember now so many conditions and criteria had changed since the Office of the Prime Minister was dissolved and the Office of the Supreme Chancellor brought in.

"How do we make that happen?" She blinked and then looked to Ana and Rebekah who were clearly uncomfortable. Faith smiled lifting a hand to them to signal relax. It wasn't like there was anything going to happen or be said they wouldn't know anyhow they just were never at this point part of such meetings.

"So you tell me, do you need to draft a letter of appointment?"

"I don't see why not," replied Jack. "I'll admit to not having read the entirety of the Republic Rules and Regulations, or whatever it is they call that document, but I don't think there's anything in it stating a body must be a standing senator to be a minister. I can look into it, though, and if necessary use my vast and unyielding power to circumvent any interference." He nodded, then walked over to his desk. With the index finger of his right hand extended, he moved it over the surface of the desk, squinting slightly. Finally, his eyebrows arched, and he stabbed downwards.

"Take a message," he said aloud, pausing to wink at Faith. "To [member="Mantic Dorn"], who knows more about these things than I do. Is it written down anywhere that only active senators can be appointed ministers? I don't think so. Please reply that you agree. Thank you, sincerely, Supreme Chancellor Jack Sparrow, PS, hope the rash is clearing up. Send."

He walked back over to where Faith sat and joined her. "What else can I do to make your transition easier? Apart from finding something for your two uncomfortable assistants there." He motioned to Faith's aids with a fluttery wave of his hand. "Do they shockbox?"

There were few things that had that priority but the Grand Master of the Republic Knights stood in direct contact with the Supreme Chancellor should he require advice. And so Mantic dropped what he had at hands and excused himself to get back to the Chancellor straight away.

It was a bit surprising to find that the question at hand was in regard to political posts thuogh and the jedi had to scratch his beard soemwhat before answering.

"Supreme Chancellor,

I do not pretend to know these matters better then your current administration but to answer your question to the best of my ability I do not see how a ministerial post must be connected with the service as a senator. Your ministers should fore most be worthy representatives of the Galactic Republic and in the end be the ones best for the job at your discretion.

In high regard
Mantic Dorn."

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

[member="Jack Sparrow"]​

"you're sure you want this, as there could be opposition in light of all that has happened. I." She halted for a moment, "Jack I wouldn't want you to mar up your administration with loading it with folks that only draw bad press."

She had a feeling she might encounter that bad press sooner or later and well she didn't want to see anyone suffer from it or have a lot of explaining to do because she was still with the Republic. But her mother did send her back to them to...do whatever. What she had said was painful she had a feeling though and it would hang over her head for a long time.

She smiled, or tried to. Should she mention her personal life? Was it so important right now? She wasn't sure.

Jack's mouth broke into a sarcastic, lop-sided grin. "Love, the Republic has seen fit to elect a bloody pirate as it's Supreme Chancellor. Between you, me, and your two non-bomb, non-cake secretaries over there, I'm quite surprised there's only been one attempt on my life so far, and that one had nothing to do with politics. The press can say what it wants. I, for what it's worth, am a man of action. Since I never expected to hold any office, let alone Senator of Kashyyyk, let alone, left in a cave, chained to a wall, stripped naked, covered in honey and ravished by four...what was I saying? Yes. Let alone Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. I keep expecting someone to knock on the door and tell me it's all a rather large misunderstanding. But 'till that dark day dawns, dear, I shall continue to do what I think is right, and the rest of the galaxy can sh...poop. In a jar. Whislt twirling around. Which is a pirate term. Now you know. Thirsty?" he wondered. "How's your personal life? Should I ask?"

[member="Jack Sparrow"]​
Her personal life he asked and she would not lie, she found it an uncomfortable dishonorable thing to do. "Well I've gotten involved with a mandalorian, and if everything goes alright he may just ask me to marry him."

She smiled then, "I just seem to always gravitate towards a guy in armor " She laughed, "something else that my mother well." She wouldn't say much else about that her mother had made it clear what it was she wanted to do to Faith, and well Faith just wasn't playing ball this time.

"I knew I should have worn armor," replied Jack, crossing his arms in front of him. "Still though. It's hot. and it chafes. Smells bad on the inside. Needs maintenance. Oh, and when you wear it people have a tendency to shoot at you. On second thought, never mind, eh?

"So let's talk about your professional life, shall we? Still want the job, he asked, hoping for the answer 'yes?'"

"I don't mind being Minister of Intelligence. I will miss being a Senator though I mean now I have like no value to do anything except read intel reports and travel" She looked at Jack while she had a home to go go, and her family.

At first she had been really excited about being able to come back to the Republic but in the last couple of weeks she could see that it was different, it wasn't the same anymore. The talks on Alderaan had finally robbed her of everything even it seemed what credibility she had.

What was she now?

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Life is rarely fair," admitted Jack. "That's why the secret is to take all you can and give nothing back." He gave Faith a disarming smile, making it difficult to determine if he was really advocating such a selfish thought, or if he was making a joke at the universe's expense.

"Anything else I can help you with, love?"

"No Jack I will be the minister and ambassador from Alderaan, draft the appointment"

Even now she wasn't sure that Jack was in her side was there a side?

She tried to smile.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom