Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Once More, On the Hunt

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Nilah

It has been a while since she last hunted down Sithspawn.

After everything that happened, Valery had assured Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble that she was ready to do what she was best at — hunting down Sith and neutralizing their creations. But even though she felt ready to tackle this with a newfound strength and drive to cleanse the Galaxy of their evil, there was still some tension in her. The Sith who captured and tortured her had left lasting marks that she wasn't sure would ever fade. It both made her desire to take down Sith stronger and weaker at the same time, as a part of her wanted to stay safe with her family. Just so she'd never scare them again.

But Valery was a Jedi, and confronting fears was a huge part of that life. She had to do this, and she had prepared herself for it. But she also wasn't going to be doing this alone. A Padawan she hadn't met yet would be joining her, allowing the younger student a chance to learn under a more experienced Master. With so many Padawans out there who didn't have Masters, this felt like the best way to still help them grow.

So within the hangar of the Jedi Temple, Valery waited. She had her double-bladed weapon clipped to her belt, but today, she even had her two blasters clipped to her hips. She wasn't sure if she'd end up using them, but her husband has been busy teaching her how to shoot, so she also wanted to try it on actual assignments. Gain some field experience with them.

Whether she'd use them or not, she was ready to meet the Padawan, and discuss the mission before departure.

Nilah

N
CORUSCANT
Jedi Temple hangar bay
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Finally.

She was finally allowed on a mission. Out of the confines of the temple; away from training lightsabers, training droids, and lackluster sparring partners who were probably destined for the Service Corps (if anyone cared for that particular opinion). Now she could prove herself. Prove what she was capable of. And in front of Valery kriffin' Noble, no less. Sorry, Master Noble.

It was finally Nilah's time to shine.

The magenta tendrilled padawan entered the hangar bay, backpack slung over one shoulder. She glanced around for her mission partner. It didn't take long to find her — tall and fit as can be. She looked like a walking, sentient muscle.

Nilah walked over and half-bowed. Val looked armed to the teeth and ready to resurrect the Maw just so she could crush them again.

"Greetings, Master Noble." Nice, she did the pleasantry thing. "Who the hell are you trying to kill?" Nevermind.

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery was idly inspecting one of her blasters when she heard footsteps approaching, and felt the presence of a Padawan. The gun was quickly holstered, and by the time Nilah stopped in front of her, the Jedi Master stood ready to greet her. She offered a bow in response, and briefly looked the girl over with an analytical eye, noting her young age but also an abundance of confident. It was present in the way she stood, felt... and talked.

At her comment about who she was trying to kill, Valery raised an eyebrow and chuckled once, "Typically, I never aim to kill anybody before the start of a mission, Padawan Nilah," Valery said with a more serious tone. "But I suppose this is an exception. We're hunting down Sithspawn today, the kind that can't be healed, redeemed or helped in any other way." It was an unfortunate truth that despite great effort, only creatures that had once been normal could possibly be restored.

That was not the case today.

"Even with the Sith presence diminished in the Galaxy, I tend to keep a close eye on former Sith planets. They tend to return to their ancient worlds, after all. On Begeren, one of the ancient Sith worlds, my scouts detected the presence of Tuk'ata. Not the most dangerous Sithspawn, but they have historically been used to guard tombs and other Sith structures." If Nilah hadn't guessed it by now, Valery suspected there to be more than just some Sithspawn to hunt.

"Have you encountered Sithspawn before?"

Nilah

N

"Tuk'ata?" Nilah asked. Did they teach that in history class? Biology class? Did the Jedi have a Defense Against the Dark Arts class? Either way, Nilah probably hadn't paid attention during those lessons. If it didn't have to do with swinging a lightsaber, it wasn't worth her time. She held no qualms about badgering the librarian if needed. Why memorize some bantha poodoo when it was a few datapad clicks away? Or Master Noble could just tell her. Queue an innocent smile.

She found it odd they were going half way across the galaxy just to hunt a few mutated beasts. "Is there more to it than just Sithspawn, master?"

"Have you encountered Sithspawn before?"
"No," the young girl shrugged. "unless you count some of the food in the cafeteria."

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Tu'kata, also known as Sith Hounds — in simple terms, a big dog twisted by the Dark Side to have its entire body be a lethal weapon. Not the most dangerous of Sithspawn, but not one to underestimate either," Valery explained, before she reached for a datapad, pulled up a file and offered it to Nilah if she wanted to read through it.

Or just look at the pictures.

"I do believe there's more to it. These Sithspawn were often used to guard Temples on Korriban and other Sith worlds. I don't know for sure yet, but I have a feeling they're guarding something there as well. They've been staying in one place far too much for it not to be the case. But there's only one way to be certain."

Valery then turned around to start heading inside the ship, and snickered a little at the comment, "Fair point, but Sithspawn are treacherous if you've never faced one before. They sometimes look like animals, but they feel dark, cold. They are way more aggressive, but seemingly in an irrational way. A predator might attack you and try to run if it were to get hurt, but a Sithspawn will just fight even more ferociously." She paused and looked at Nilah.

"You'll be fine with my help, but when the time comes, don't lose your focus. Understood?"

Nilah

N
"Tu'kata, also known as Sith Hounds — in simple terms, a big dog twisted by the Dark Side to have its entire body be a lethal weapon. Not the most dangerous of Sithspawn, but not one to underestimate either,"
"So, big angry dogs. No sweat," Nilah said dismissively. She assumed Master Noble's words of warning were to keep the padawan in-line more than anything.

Pictures. Nilah loved pictures. She took the datapad from Val's hands. Eyes widened for a brief moment and the thought flickered that she wished she hadn't opened her big, fat mouth before. She collected herself. It was no time to show weakness on a mission of this magnitude and not in front of a Councillor.

"They're so ugly," she said with a grin. "Makes 'em easier to kill."

"What's it like being on the Sith worlds?"
Nilah hadn't experienced the dark side much (if at all, really) and wanted to be prepared for the corruption it spread.

Nilah entered the ship with Master Noble. She nodded at her detailed description of the Tu'katas. Her head-tendrils perked up as tension filled the space around her.

"You'll be fine with my help, but when the time comes, don't lose your focus. Understood?"
"You can count on me, master. I won't let you down."

Nilah swallowed back a lump in her throat. Some of her confidence was taking a dive and it made her feel uneasy. It was probably time to put the snark aside.

Well...

As the ship began to take off, Nilah gestured to the blasters on Val's hip. "So when do I get one of those bad boys? Also, does this mean I get to use a lightsaber again?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom