Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Once More, From the Top

Kahlil_Div2.png

Another of their Padawan's on Carnifex's radar. Kahlil's expression tightened. That was by far one of the things he'd hoped wouldn't happen for Cora. So many of their Padawan's had already been scared by his father. But he looked to Valery. Nodded once. "You're family, Cora." Did he approve of her using the Dark? No, no he did not. But she already understood that much. And he wasn't going to fault her for surviving.

Especially since he'd used it himself before. There was an understanding there, to do what was needed. "You've spent a long time, far too long, doing your best for other people. So do something for yourself, and know that we'll make sure you can."

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Family?"

Cora's voice cracked under the weight of one simple word. Family. It was an uncomplicated concept, but one that occupied a special, permanent, powerful place in her heart. Perhaps, family was a thing that need not necessarily be written in blood.

A long silence stretched between Apprentice and Masters, during which Cora closed her eyes, steadied her breathing, and absorbed their words.

Even now, in the face of her betrayal, they were understanding. Perhaps another Master wouldn't be, but Valery and Kahlil were keenly aware of her circumstances. They'd helped her before, and now, they were poised to do so again. Things couldn’t go back to the way they were, but they could move forward.

"If you want something in life, you must take it."

Cora's eyes fluttered open, steely blue gaze passing over first Kahlil, then Valery.

"That is what I learned while I was on Thule, observing the Sith. I know, there are more nuances to that statement than there are stars in the galaxy. But still…"

A myriad of paths had been laid out before her, branching infinitely into the vanishing point of an imagined horizon. One burned more brightly than the others.

"I want to take control of my own life. No one is going to give that to me, aside from myself."

A hand placed over her heart, Cora dipped her head in reverence to Valery.

"Master Noble, I would be humbled if you would allow me to train under you once more, as your Padawan.”

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Valery smiled and briefly looked at her husband, before turning back to Cora. The lesson she learned on Thule was certainly a good one, even though Sith likely took what they wanted over other people's backs. But if she applied it to her life as someone who could independently make her own decisions to better her own future, it was a lesson worth learning. A lesson that had cost her so much to learn, but one Valery felt confident she understood now.

She wasn't going anywhere over pressure put on her by others ever again.

With that realization, Cora turned to Valery and offered a respectful bow before making the request Valery had been hoping to hear all day. It brought some tears back to the Jedi Master's eyes, but this time she kept herself in check and just offered Cora a warm smile.

"I'd love for you to be my Padawan again, Cora," Valery said while she squeezed Kahlil's hand a little tighter. Her Padawan was back, but most importantly, Cora was safe.

"You'll always be part of our family too. The little ones have really missed you, you know?" Valery chuckled and leaned against her husband not for comfort, but because of how happy she felt.

"Hey love? You think we can rearrange one of our guest rooms for Cora again? I think it'd be a good place to be, unless you want to just be at the Temple, of course."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We've always room for family."

Kahlil squeezed Valery's hand in turn. Gave her a smile. He wasn't sure if Cora would've come back as a Jedi, but hearing it be her choice now made him just as happy as his wife. How could it not? Still, at this point he stepped away from Valery. Reached up to pat Cora's shoulder as he passed by. "You've some training to pick up on. Once you're situated again, why don't we make a trip to the rage room?"

He flashed a brief smile. Now was the time for Valery and Cora to find their balance as Master and Apprentice again, and that was something they needed to do together. Not with him.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom