Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Once Lost, Twice Found

Examination & Interview/Interrogation

xx08x3l.png

:: Undisclosed Location, Hefi

Last Known Whereabouts: Garang City, Dantooine
:// Subject was last seen engaged in battle against the invading New Imperial Order on The Sith Empire-held Dantooine. Confederacy of Independent Systems' Dauntless forces were on-site as part of the overall security surrounding a summit between the Confederacy and Sith Empire concerning the rise of the New Imperials.

:// The Confederacy of Independent Systems was strongly opposed to Imperial regimes except when a Non-Aggression Pact was formed due to various political rationales. The Sith Empire and Eternal Empire being primary examples of such exclusionary restraint. Therefore they were opposed to the rise of the New Imperials and supported Sith opposition to the growing momentum of the Imperial threat.

:// Following The Sith Empire invasion of Mandalore resulting in the deaths of countless Mandalorians, an endless struggle over the planet and its resources continues to this day. While it remain in the hands of the Sith, the Empire sought to extract as much of the world's natural resources as possible with little regard for longevity or habitability of the planet.

:// Mandalore now resides within the sphere of influence of New Imperial Forces where the Brotherhood of the Maw -- the spiritual successors of The Sith Empire -- most recently sought to strike. The overzealous pursuit of destruction by the Brotherhood has not afforded them the same political clout and blind-eye by the Confederacy at this time; while relations between the Enclave and New Imperial Order remain amicable giving hope that Mandalore might not be completely stripped bare in our lifetime.

:: NOW
Information slowly scrolled down Runi's heads-up display as she strode through the corridors of a classified facility on Hefi. The New Imperial Order had evidently kept a high-ranking member of the Confederacy in cryo-sleep for some purpose following a conflict sometime ago. Runi had not been part of the conversation that unfolded, but she imagined they hoped to maintain good relations or garner additional trust from the Mandalorians by providing such a person to the Enclave. Whether that was because of their knowledge, or as some kind of bargaining chip to use against the Confederacy itself remain unclear. The Quartermaster likely had her own mind of such things.

Runi knew there was some chatter among the masses about past and current relations with the Confederacy given their role in turning a blind eye to the Sith Empire's treatment of Mandalore, and their own attacks on Mandalorian forces in the past. Some found any attack on vod to be inexcusable. The Shaman did not, personally; not because she was cold-hearted, but because such battles allowed able bodied warriors to test their mettle. Such things did have their limit, however. What the Sith had done was inexcusable. What the Brotherhood of the Maw sought to do in their stead even more so.

As she stepped into the observation room to see the person that had been handed over to their care before engaging them, Runi took stock of those that had come for the same purpose. The Shaman was there to ensure all was as it appeared. Runi was also not unaccustomed to speaking with people of all species or creeds; after all, every soul was welcome to become a Mandalorian if they were prepared to walk their Path in this life -- otherwise, perhaps they could help prepare a soul to walk it in the next one.

R E M I N I S C E

Blue light danced all around the small interrogation room, glancing softly off the pale skin of the only occupant currently within the room. It came from a small datapad, one that was kindly enough given to her by whomever might have her in this room. It was, at it's core, a kind gesture, though she knew that in a room no doubt connected to this one, her activity was being mirrored and monitored. Not that she minded, at the end of the day. That was not where her mind was. Instead, the names and faces that flashed on the screen, coming from a database connected to the datapad, was where the entirety of her attention stood.

• Alpha-3 "Tav" : MIA – Last seen ****
  • Alpha-5 "Hyena" : MIA – Last seen ****
  • Alpha-7 "Xeyk" : MIA – Last seen ****
  • Alpha-10 "First" KIA – Body returned to family
  • Omega-2 "Tien" – Unknown – Tracking chip deactivated above Dantooine
  • Omega-4 "Bones" : MIA – Last seen ****
  • Omega-5 "Granny" : MIA – Last seen ****
Her express stood pat, a cross and stoic look peaking at the edges of her lips and cheeks. I didn't surprise her much to see that there was little to no information on where what remained of her comrades were. She didn't even know how long it had been since she had last seen them. It did pain her heart to see First had died, though her memory afforded her no real reason or anything on what had happened to him. In fact…very little came to mind how she ended up where she was.

The canyon. A burning tower falling down. Q'aira's tags.

Random images, smells, sounds would flash through her mind every few seconds, as if her very mind was fighting against her. The memories were there. Or at least, she hoped they were. But why was her mind fighting her. Why couldn't she remember anything. The memories really only started as she was sat in this chair. Everything else was grey…cold. Little else actively made any sort of motion in her mind or body, that was..save for the striking pain that would flash above her temple. It was right above her scar, and a particularly painful flash had her gritting her teeth and pressing a pair of calloused fingers to the painful spot.

The soft clattering of the datapad being placed against the table echoed lightly in the room. It wasn't like it was going to do her much help now. She couldn't access dauntless data records or even a CIS dataport from this…not that she was sure she wanted to. Feelings of abandonment built up in her chest, Luna shaking her head to try and push those thoughts away. Regardless of what was happening, where she was, it was a time to focus on the present. Out of the corner of her eye, she looked to her left, staring into the reflective mirror, knowing damn well whoever was on the other side was just as curious about her.

enclavediv6.png

"You're awake and reading! Great!"

Sitting around, reading. That was cool and all, but Tharia was far from the type to just settle in and plan. Planning things out took time. Planning things out left others to take action instead. The Chiss woman stepped through the door, a rather cheery smile on her face given the circumstances. Interrogation. The Chiss back home loved interrogation. They were good at it. Knew how to plan it out just right to get the most information.

She wasn't like them.

Plopping down across from Luna Terrik Luna Terrik , she propped her feet up on the table and leaned back in the chair, looking as relaxed and unprofessional as can be. Hell, she wasn't even wearing her beskar'gam, opting instead for the most casual of clothing she could get her hands on. She flashed a smile before turning her gaze towards the mirrored one way glass. "Yeah there's probably a couple back there just watching to see how you'd react. That was your squad, right? All MIA or dead. Makes ya wonder what happened. You have any idea by chance?"

Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

The Shaman watched as Luna reviewed the information on the data pad. Her composure didn't break, but her reaction said more than enough. It didn't take a spiritualist to look at her aura to know how she felt. As for what had been on that pad a copy of the stream was on the window that allowed Runi to watch what happened inside the room. As a commander of a Special Forces group within the Confederacy, it appeared Luna desired to know the status of those she'd led into battle. Admirable from where a Mandalorian stood.

A voice shattered the silence that filled the chamber. Tharia had decided to barge into the interview room and make no small show of their arrival. It was not how Runi would have envisioned the first impression of this review would have taken place.

Even the first question was perhaps too pointed given Luna's obvious interest in the matter. Well, this time Runi would observe the woman's reaction and decide on whether a more balanced presence would be needed. More than likely, yes; but there was no need to be hasty and cut off Tharia's first question. After all, it couldn't be taken back. How Luna handled such confrontation might shape her future options; after all, Mandalorians rarely appreciated someone that was hot headed.

Her hazel eyes slid aside at the consoles recording the session and any other that might be in the room. Immediately, Runi's attention turned back to the window, however. It was Luna whose actions and words mattered most now, after all.

R E M I N I S C E

These little interrogation sessions were fun, at least in the back of her mind. A simple attempt at seeing reaction or if there was some sort of trigger laid at the surface of her psyche. Unless they decided to bring in a force user to attempt to interrogate her, there was little chance they would be able to dig deeper than the surface. Not that Luna minded, her mind was perfectly happy in the semi broken state it was already in without having someone dig around in there. Though there was no real way she was going to get out of this without some digging, and she knew that.

What she didn't know, or expect was for a Chiss to come trampling into the room. Had she been captured by the Ascendency? Was she on Csillia? She had no memory of seeing anyone else, so the theory could hold some water. Thought that this…woman was not dressed in any sort of military dress that she recognized. And she knew Ascendency officer uniforms, as long as the one that Tyrias had shown her was current.

Her theory began to fall apart even more when the woman decided to open her mouth, an option that Luna truly had wished she had decided to not take. The room was much more blissful and quiet without the garbage that decided to spill it's way forth from the Chiss' mouth. It was patronizing, rude…and downright disrespectful. Not that she could expect much from being in the position she was in however.

Thin lipped and curt in tone, the former War Marshal spoke, glaring across the table at whatever this woman decided to call herself. "This is a roster of the two squads that were deployed for our last op that…I can remember. Twenty walked in, eight walked out. I was among them..at least I thought so." A glare, one filled with vitrail and hatred pointed it's way directly toward the Chiss. "Because I highly doubt I am not in hell now. Otherwise I wouldn't have a smiling jester sat across from me." The hatred didn't extinguish at this spiteful sentence, even as she leaned back, crossing her arms.

A huff came from Luna soon after, breaking the tense filled silence between the pair. "Why am I here? What do you expect to gain from me that you can't with an R2 unit and a dataport?"

Last edited:

enclavediv6.png

"Ah, good. Ice didn't mess ya up too bad. Or it did. Hmm." Tharia didn't answer Luna Terrik Luna Terrik 's questions. Hell, the Chiss woman just leaned more into her chair until only two legs were still connected to the floor. Her red eyes stayed on the red head, then glanced down to her own datapad she'd slipped out from a pocket on her jeans. Which she promptly turned on and..

Started playing a video game. Fakemon, or something. Didn't matter. She put up a lot of airs like she was cocky, rude. Genuinely awful. But she was watching. Listening. Even the game that looked like a game on it's surface was anything but. She was monitoring vitals in the woman across from her. Sure, she was giving Luna hell, but she had a purpose.

"Good that you do remember. No one else'll know where they went if ya didn't. Sides, they were some of the best right? Even if the ones MIA are alive, if they wanted to hide they won't be found. Specially after all these years." Easiest way to see how a person reacts is to piss em off. Especially folks trained to resist interrogation. That, and Tharia just lived for causing chaos. Her surprisingly cold gaze flicked back up, staring at the former Grand Marshall.

"Why don't ya tell me where they went. We can start there, make sure your memories still intact."

Undisclosed Location, Hefi

The Shaman slowly turned to step out of the observation room. She waited a moment before the door was toggled to open.

In stepped the Mandalorian with the avian-shaped helmet and a cloak of black feathers. Runi stopped just passed the threshold for the door to close behind her. Then, without saying a word, she stepped to one side of the door and stood behind Luna Terrik as Tharia continued to needle the other woman about her absent comrades in arms.

It wasn't that Runi had nothing to say so much as she had nothing that needed saying at that particular moment. Better to continue observing the manner in which Luna responded. Faced with an irreverent and haughty woman in front, and a silent lurker behind with no answers yet as to where, why, or who... Though that would only be of value for so long.

In the meantime, her right hand lifted and a three rings of power formed over it. They begame to spin one inside of the other as the Shaman conjured the power of the Manda to their aide. Just because nothing was said did not mean nothing could be learned. Best to see if there was some form of spiritual possession or doppelgänger hoping to answer vaguely enough to pass muster. At least Runi could dismiss those concerns before they dug deeper.

ulNTY7e.png

I N T E R R O G A T E

Objective: Discern Nature of NIO POW
Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Tharil Tharil | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

A Mandalorian Shaman, Mandalorian Chiss, and New Imperial Prisoner of War walk into a cell.

To Romul Saxon, it sounded like the beginnings of a bad joke. The Akaan'alor was a warrior, a fighter, not some interrogator. Dimly lit cell buildings were not his forte, and neither was wringing information from the mental clutches of prisoners. But the Quartermaster had sent him to oversee the 'interview' of a New Imperial Prisoner of War that had been released to the Enclave, in secret, after the meeting between the Quartermaster and Emperor on Bastion. They were apparently a former Confederate shadow operative, high in rank with a depth of knowledge of the colossal nation that lay right on the Enclave's borders. With the knowledge that they had, it made them a potentially valuable asset to be sure.

But a gift of goodwill? That would be for Romul to ultimately determine. And why they had to have one of the witches on sight.

As the giant bowed under the durasteel frame into the antechamber separated from the holding cell, he nodded to the Shaman wordlessly. In the prime of his warmongering he had been ambivalent to their existence -- if they had even existed -- but he respected them for safeguarding Mandalorian spirituality and heritage, even if he distrusted them for their sorceries. Under his beskar helmet, painted over with gold and crimson enamel, his face was a mask. But amber eyes peered all the same through the one-way glass as the Chiss Si'kayha interrogated the Prisoner of War.

He would not intercede know -- she seemed to have the handle of things. For now he would be content with observing.

R E M I N I S C E

Ice?

For just a moment, Luna's brow furrowed in confusion at the chiss' statement. A calculated risk? A pry to see how she'd react? Maybe it was a lie, but how casually it was said lended some credence to just how true it might be. As quickly as a confused expression it appeared, it disappeared from the former War Marshal's face. Perhaps a second too late, as anyone in the room looking for it may have had the opportunity to see it. "Judging by your level of maturity, I highly doubt you're privy to any sort of medical knowledge to know just how messed up I might be." The barb was launched, moments before the chiss pulled out a device and started to play a game on it. Not that luna minded much, getting the chance to refocus her mind on the task at hand.

That task would steadily get harder to complete, as the door to the interrogation room opened once more and not one, but two more figures decided to enter. The first being an owl of a woman that seemed content to quietly move about the room and behind Luna. There a glide, maturity to her step that did not exist with the smaller one in front of her. Her steps had seen things, places. In a way that she did not have to with the Chiss, her words would have to be much more closely guarded than before with the other woman now present.

The other to enter was a mountain of a man. His intimidating muscle would be enough to stun many into silence, his stature making them susceptible to whatever these three had in mind. It was quite the interesting trio, one that very rarely would come together for any sort of regular objective, much less to investigate someone of her stature. But one very interesting bit connected all three of these very individualist individuals.

They were Mandalorian. Though perhaps not of the same clan.

She knew that some clans still existed near the planet of mandalore, having carved out some sort of space to be able to do their own thing. Perhaps that's where she was, on a base or station somewhere near the beskar planet. Though why she was here was still a mystery. The Chiss' questions were pointed still, but didn't reveal much about why they decided to keep her here.

There was plenty of opportunity to be belligerent, annoying with her response to the question laid before her. It'd be quite easy to respond in that way. But..that might play into what the woman was hoping for. Luna wouldn't give it to them that easily, especially with the other Mandalorian woman doing who knows what behind her back. "Even if I did know, there is very little chance I would tell you. The last thing I can remember was Dantooine, and starting to remove what was left of my team's off that kark-forsaken planet."

enclavediv6.png

"Mm. Not much, yeah. They don't like me having all the details." Tharia's attention again drifted down to her tablet. Then, unceremoniously, she started listing off everything she did have about Luna Terrik Luna Terrik 's medical state. Heartrate, current injuries as minor as they likely were. Old injuries that were ever reported in a place the Enclave could get access to. As much as she enjoyed toying with the former CIS commando for her own personal reasons, the time for games was over.

Both Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida had entered the room. And Romul Saxon Romul Saxon was watching from behind the glass. Whether her gambit to put Luna off center with the crassness only Tharia could bring was going to work or not was now going to be seen.

"Dantooine was a couple years back. The beginning of the end for the Sith Empire. Fuckers are gone now." Drop bomb shell after bomb shell. A persons true self was often revealed under high stress. There was nothing better to catch a soldier off guard with than the news everything they fought for was gone.

"So unless you're fibbin' you really were asleep for that whole time. Which would fuckin' suck for you, especially if you dunno what happened after you left Dantooine."

Last edited:

:: Undisclosed, Hefi

Runi looked up at the Chiss that sat across from Luna Terrik. It was true that the Dauntless had been allied with the Sith Empire -- for reasons one could only imagine given how they'd already betrayed the Mandalorians by that point -- but from what the Shaman knew the Confederacy had no deep love for them. The lesser of Evils? The enemy of one's enemy? A desperate attempt to change them? Admirable the Confederacy got the Sith to abandon slavery, but that was little more than a tourniquet to slow the hemorrhaging of evil from their souls. How better to reveal the depth of their depravity than some of their chief architects joining the Brotherhood of the Maw?

The three rings lined up and stopped spinning above the Shaman's palm.

"Why do you fight, War Marshall Terrik?" The rings shattered and faded from sight, and in their place the sounds of battle rose throughout the room. Blaster fire. Explosions. Cries of perseverance. Cries of anguish. A deep hum of a hovercraft, perhaps a tank. It was not enough to deafen or even drown out the voices of anyone present; just loud enough to be unmistakably clear to those that'd lived it time and time again.

There was no intent to cut off Tharia's approach. It often helped to jump from one topic to the next when interviewing a subject. Keep them from mentally mapping out the course of the conversation and bracing themselves for what was to come. Unpredictability was a sound tactic in battle. Here the battle was one of words and will, which was a pleasant change perhaps than the echoes of death and chaos that danced about them audibly now.

"Who are you?"

R E M I N I S C E

Perhaps there had been others in her chair before these moments. As the fates of the empire that she fought for, and the one that she had been tasked with defending, were spilled in front of her, the very fate of those two would almost certainly be enough to make some soldiers devolve into a screaming match with the arrogant chiss in front of her. She had known soldiers like that. They fought underneath her, and some even made it to fighting beside her. Raven had been like that for a time, the poor kid. He was stary eyed to what the Confederacy was, and everything that they said they fought for.

And maybe she was little more than a bitter old solider. There was always a moment for soldiers when they began to question what they fought for, and why they were tasked with defending what they did. Luna's moment had been Dantooine. She had watched Dauntless blood spilled over a planet that didn't concern her or the Confederacy. And while they had gone in with good intentions….nothing had gone right. Before that, she fought for security, for loyalty to a state that allowed her to grow her men. After Dantooine…there was little that she would've given the Confederacy, and most certainly not her brothers and sisters.

First in….Last out. What a joke.

First in…never out.

So her expression remained cold, stoney. This woman was testing her. Just trying to get a reaction. If she was younger, she'd guess that the Chiss was lying. But now…well, there was little reason to not believe her. And if she had been in cryosleep for as long as had been suggested…quite a lot could happen in that period of time. Yet even with the lack of love that existed in her heart for the CIS, it did still pain her to learn the fate of a place that she had given so much of herself up for, and to know that she was not there for the end of it.

It was the mandalorian's question from behind that finally made her expression change, one of curiosity and forethought replacing the cold one that had been on her face since the chiss entered. Given the power dynamic in the room, she slowly turned her head to the side to side eye the mandalorain behind her. "If you had asked me that a few years ago, my answer might have been different. I fought for the safety of boarders, to further an empire's interests. First the First Order, then the Confedearcy." That cold gaze returned, this time to the where the glass reflected the occupants of the room, and giving whomever was beyond a good view of them.

"Later in life I realized that those above did not care about me, nor my men. I strove to become their marshal of war, so that I could protect my brothers in a way that was more..subtle. I didn't even want my men on Dantooine, though I would have been damned if I wasn't going to be boots on the ground with them." A quick lick of her lips, giving her time to formulate her thoughts, followed the words spoken by the former Marshal. Slowly, that emerald gaze to the Chiss', piercing, angered. "So if you ask my why I fight? Who I am? I am one that will stay by those under me until I fall beside them. Which is why you won't be told a lick of where I believe they are from me."

enclavediv6.png

As Luna Terrik Luna Terrik turned her gaze towards Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida , Tharia did the same. If only to give the shaman a subtle nod. So far, so good. Nothing dangerous was coming up from Luna's scans. The Commando was good about keeping herself in check, keeping her emotions tucked in so she didn't say or do anything that might give something away. Credit to experience and training where it's due, the Chiss supposed.

Though, Tharia did get some answers. She watched, she listened. Loyalty, first and foremost. The blue skinned woman smiled, something actually genuine with all the rather backhanded attitude she'd been giving so far. There was a loud clack as her chair settled back on all fours before she got up and went to the door. No words of explanation, though she did pause in the doorway as the door slid open.

Tharia didn't look back, but she did speak. "I hope you find those still lost, when this is all done. For better or worse." At least then Luna could say goodbye. In the Chiss's mind, there was nothing more haunting then being denied that. The door slipped closed as she stepped out, only to go into the observation room next door. Once again the blue skin woman plopped into a chair, legs kicked up on the desk as she watched through the one way mirror.

"She wasn't lying. All stats are good, too. Perfect health for being iced so long." Her red gaze drifted to Romul Saxon Romul Saxon , focusing on the figure. "She's not a threat to us. Just a good soldier following orders is my take. I say cut her loose n' let her find her people." Not that it was that easy, but Tharia never was one to go for the easy path.

"What'r you thinkin'?"

:: Undisclosed, Hefi

Runi stood silently as Luna and than Tharia responded. She stood still beside the door as the Chiss rose without a word and strode purposefully toward the door; there the woman stopped to wish a fellow warrior some amount of closure. A pleasing exchange at the end in Runi's opinion. There was no reason to be unreasonably ruthless or desensitized toward others.

Once the door shut is when the Mandalorian with the elongated helmet stepped forward and around Luna's left. As Runi slowly drifted along side the table, her right hand rose to deposit a small, circular stone before their guest. "You fight for those you lead. You would die for those you lead." Runi's helmet shifted slightly back in Luna's direction. "Admirable. But is what those you lead fight for worth such loyalty? Eventually we must all know what it is we fight for in this life, or it may end having accomplished nothing."

There was a brief pause before the Shaman tapped the stone she'd set before Luna; the quiet din of battle quickly faded. From it sprung a circular pane depicting one of Luna's misplaced comrades in arms. Some of their immediate surroundings could also be seen in the depiction as they worked. As though they could feel being watched they paused, turned to look back, but continued on as nothing was visible on their end.

"What would you do, when you leave this place? Do you wish to find them? I feel they have splintered in your absence; but not all is lost. Even the Mandalorians were once divided, but have begun to reform bonds with one another in the wake of the Empire's fall. The galaxy is ever changing, as we must to survive. It may prove difficult if you seek to adapt alone."

R E M I N I S C E

When one worked with enough fake people for long enough, or work alongside them at least, there was little that anyone could do to hide their true intentions. Even in situations like this one, where it was Luna being interrogated by multiple of these armor clad captors, there were still subtle enough cues that could be seen that would give an idea that the people that were being talked to weren't being all that forthcoming on their intentions.

With that being said, there was very little that Luna wanted to do more than to wring that little blue skinned alien's neck for her fake sympathy. Reading reports was one thing. But only those that had been there, during those times that they fought side by side, had any right to speak on her comrades and their lives. Otherwise, all that came off was an anger inducing venom of words that graced her ears. Luna's emerald eyes stared daggers into the retreating mandalorian's back, before her attention was slowly turned to the force user behind her who now moved to the front.

The woman's question was rightfully one that Luna had fought through her mind time and time again. Why did she fight for an empire that had continually proved that they did not care about her or her men's wellbeing and safety. They would not pour the resources necessary into them, changed how they were structured constantly, and made it so that they would fight on planets not even their own. It was horrifying to think of, but she always forced herself through it, thinking that if she didn't have control of her men, then someone worse would take her place. She..she couldn't do that to them.

Luna remained silent after the mandalorian's first set of questions, eyes boring into her with a quiet interest, something far removed from what the chiss was receiving. In truth, Luna didn't know much of what she would do. She doubted that she'd really be let go, and even if she was, finding or getting anywhere on her own would be difficult.

"I have resources I could use to find them. To..check on them. I would want to see where they are and how they are doing. However…I want to know what life they are living now, and if it's better than what I believe I can offer," A chuckle, and a small shrug came from the redhead. "Which at the moment, is not a lot, then I shall leave them be. Those men….they've been through much. If they found peace, I will not be the one to steal that from them."

The quite intrigue turned to one of anger, resentment, and protectiveness in almost an instant, as her gaze bore into the woman standing in front of her. "And I'll be damn sure to not let you lot disturb it either."

"You have resources." Runi tapped the stone again so the image faded from view. "Curious. By now you know time has passed. You know you are not in the hands of the Sith nor those of the Imperial. Neither would let one such as I perform the interrogation, yes?" Even if either party embraced Mandalorians are more than useful tools, every faction favored its own to that of 'outsiders' or 'lower' castes. "You do not even known how long, or where you are at this moment."

Runi paused for a moment to gauge the woman's reaction. "Then before we explain your situation so you can make do with your oaths, let me ask the question that keeps you in this room. Who are the Sith to you, Luna Terrik? Be specific. Be true. A false answer may rob you of your power for choice as surely as the wrong one."

It was, after all, the chief interest of the Enclave to understand what may or may not have been done to Luna. With that in mind, and given her responses so far, Runi felt they could take this to the next stage. Truly, Runi only desired the woman to acknowledge these things more to herself than to those standing in judgment of her in that moment.

"Speak true, and you will have the opportunity to do as you will."

ulNTY7e.png

I N T E R R O G A T E

Objective: Discern Nature of NIO POW
Tag: @ Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | @ Tharil Tharil | @ Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

Romul's upper lip curled in disgust as he watched the interrogation proceed silently, although the expression was hidden behind the mask that his helmet formed. Tharia was too trusting, and the veteran did not trust in the Shaman's magic. He'd seen enough spies and implants to last a dozen lifetimes throughout his campaigns, and he had not been able to execute enough of them.

The fact was that who stood before them had at one point in time been a sympathizer of the Sith. And there was no telling what sort of experimentation the New Imperial Order had performed on a prisoner of war. He did not trust a word he said one bit.

"Luna Terrik," he finally spoke -- not directly addressing the Chiss Mandalorian, but his next words would answer her query all the same. He uncrossed his arms, leaning on the table as his helmet met the ex-commando's eyes mere inches away. "You directly served a man who wore the title of Darth openly. You fought not against, but alongside the Sith Empire on Dantooine." He let the silence hang across the interrogation cell before he spoke once more, his voice a harsh whisper. "Why should I not unsheath my beskad and cleave it through your neck for being the crime of a Sith's pawn? What makes you deserve the Enclave's mercy?"

Last edited:

R E M I N I S C E

"Who are the sith to you?"

Right bastards they were, all of them. But there were more eloquent ways of putting it for the woman that sat in front of her. That was, if Luna wanted to. There was the idea that putting it as bluntly as possible would be best, but who knows how the Mandalorian would respond to her in that state. Plus, there were at least two more people in this room that might not like just how blunt she could be. Then again…they were mandalorians. They weren't exactly known for being the most polite of individuals, despite their honor code.

Her mouth opened, a formulated response clear on her lips, until they shut suddenly when the other man began to speak to her. His little tirade earned a bored glare in his direction, eventually electing to raise an eyebrow at his accusation at being a sith pawn. To an outsiders perspective…she couldn't fault his reasoning. But she knew damn well that he was no outsider, on the back of two points. Their little chiss friend had already revealed they had her profile, which gave him plenty more information than the usual bucket head. Plus…he was a part of the enclave. They all were. Which means that there was more than usual chance that he knew of the Dauntless' exploits.

The former marshall's response started toward the man to her right, speaking with a venomous and sharp tongue that spat poison in his direction. "I lived longer than any of my kin and seen too many of those under of my command die much too young in ways that your mind cannot comprehend. I do not fear my own death, only do I fear the ghosts of the nether that will fill the mind of the person who fulfills this solider's ending." For a moment, her emerald gaze lingered on the tallest mando in the room, allowing her words to seep in. Slowly, the gaze returned to the force user in front of her, yet the silence stilled the room for a moment longer.

"Y'all have read my profile. You know about Titan's Point. You know full well what I did..attempted to do, to the sith that hid in that castle. Even with the odds that faced us." Leaning back into her chair, she allowed her arms to uncross, drapping down to her sides. Her body language had been too guarded, defensive, and now it was time to retake a bit of control of the conversation. "I am nobodies' pawn. I fought the battles I fought to protect citizens, those that cannot protect themselves. I was on Dantooine to protect the citizen's of that planet against Imperial slavery. As for when we fought on Confederate worlds…" There was a swallow, eyes darting downward for a moment, as the next words began to come to mind. Names, faces, of the men that wore the dauntless crest for so long. "I fought for my men. I did not fight for a sith's ideologies. Even..if it was under their flag. I justified to myself that if I left or did not fight, someone worst than me would step into my place. And perhaps that was delusional to think."

Luna licked her lips, allowing her gaze to return to the man's face that stood apart from them. "And if I recall correctly…your enclave fought under the same banner, same flag. If I am a pawn, you were at one time as well. So before you put that knife to my neck, stick it down your own throat." A fire burned now behind her eyes that threatened to come undone very quickly with the right few choices of words.

Runi laid one hand atop the other on the table between her and their... interview subject. Her green eyes stared across the expanse between them as Romul verbally stabbed at the woman, and she in turn struck back. The Shaman saw no reason to interrupt either of them, initially. Even though from Luna's demeanor it seemed a mistake to so brashly accuse her of being a collaborator. Something swiftly turned back on them. It brought a tight smile to Runi's lips.

"We will sit at this table and dance about one another with words and intentions until the last sun grows cold," Runi remarked about the course the 'conversation' had turned. That Romul did not trust in her 'magic' was by no means a surprise. Despite Shaman not running around playing Jedi and Sith, most Mandalorians still viewed 'the Force' (blessing of the Manda) with suspicion at best. Unless, of course, it peeled back the tainted casting of the enemy; then a begrudging acceptance, perhaps. "The former Grand Marshal of the Confederacy, Commander of the Dauntless, devoted to those that followed her into the jaws of death, shows no corruption by Dark Arts. Nor have her words suggested she is an unwilling pawn of Imperial interests. Yet that, too, is but words."

"I propose that we allow Luna Terrik to depart this chamber. To be watched over for a time, as you see fit, but to be given her chance to show her quality as we would permit any worthy to be Mandalorian. Let us not be shackled by the past, but forge a new Path into the future."
Runi's eyes shifted slightly in Romul's direction with that said.

Her attention slid back toward Luna soon enough. "Prove your worth, Grand Marshall, and you will have all you need to find those once under your command. The Mandokarla has no interest in dictating how they live their lives; but they may choose to willingly fall into your orbit once they become aware of your survival."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom