Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Once and Future

It seemed August's eleventh hour rescue had worked. Not keen on lingering within range of baby barf, the two women were quick to give them space. Amani offered a parting wave and smile, then sighed simultaneously with Alicio once they were away. Lia was set aside, much to her disappointment, August on the other hand was quite content. His mother propped him up so that Alicio could wipe the mess all over his mouth as well.

"Yes, your timing is impeccable," Amani said, ironic and genuine at the same time. If the babies could just save all their spit-ups for anytime their parents wanted to escape a conversation, then they might just have a good system worked out. Alicio's comment earned more of an eye roll, and a sarcastic smirk, "Thank you, dear. You always know just what to say," She glanced down, "I suppose if any shirt is going to get barfed on, it might as well be this one." Clean the mess and throw it in the wash, and she could live with it. She wasn't exactly trying to make a fashion statement in her oversized sweater. It was comfy though.

"Not bad for a first encounter huh?" Amani chuckled. Disregarding the fact that they might very well have slipped up if the conversation lasted any longer. Who knows, maybe the college girls would have been chill about it. "We're doomed if we ever run into someone actively on the hunt for us, though."

"Is it just me, or does August look accomplished to you?" Glancing over at his son, Alicio could swear the baby had a content smile on his face, as he stared between his parents, smacking his lips.

With the sweater as clean as it could be, Alicio finally stepped away, neatly folding the used rag before finding a place for it in the pram, and picking up Liana again. Immediately, her fussing ceased, replaced by a happy humming. "I suppose. Though I'm sure none of our clothes are safe from here on out."

"Not bad for a first encounter huh? We're doomed if we ever run into someone actively on the hunt for us, though."

Alicio inclined his head to Amani, kissing Lia on the forehead as an apology for before. "Or if one of the children isn't able to bail us out with their upset stomachs." The Count continued their walk, pushing the pram along with a free hand. "But not bad at all."

"Hopefully, the press will calm down in a few years, we'll be old news, and we can just have some peace and quiet. Without having to look over our shoulders."
Alicio smirked at Amani. "Not that I blame them. Look at how cute these babies are." He turned Lia to face her mother, nuzzling the little girl's cheek, the similar colors of their eyes apparent.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Amani glanced down at August, "He does seem quite satisfied with himself." She smirked, "Maybe he did it intentionally." More likely, he was just feeling some post-spit-up relief, but it was amusing to consider the alternative.

Amani tugged at her sweater, as if to keep what little remained of the mess away from her skin. August squirmed some as he was repositioned once more, then went right back to his silent smugness, "Guess we'll have to decide what clothes we're willing to sacrifice." Just one of those things that came with being a parent.

"That would be nice," They'd always be in the spotlight as Organas, but over time, the intensity of that spotlight would (hopefully) fade, and life could be a bit less hectic. Amani smiled, admiring the similarities between father and daughter as Alicio held Lia up. She raised August and grinned all the same, "You're just too adorable for your own good." Then she sighed, and pushed ahead, "C'mon, Organas. We've still got a trail to walk."

Unable to crane his neck, August's baby blue eyes bugged out at his parents, blissfully ignorant of their praise.

Alicio obviously didn't like the idea of his clothes getting ruined, twisting a suspicious smirk down at Lia. "Well... as long as they don't spit up on my first senate cape. Or my third... I could part with the second." Alicio signed a silent pact with Liana with his eyes, imploring her to be kind to his wardrobe. Her eyes said no promises.

Alicio and Amani continued their walk, the former continually doting on his toted child as much as he could. He was constantly speaking in a hushed voice, explaining in a measured, excited tone to Liana that 'this is a tree, and those are leaves', along with anything new the quartet discovered in their path. He knew they couldn't understand yet, but he figured they would like the sound of his voice, at least.

Alicio's eyes were drawn across the way, towards a robed individual meditating by a small, burbling fountain. He looked down curiously at Lia, before directing a question Amani's way. "Do you think they can feel the Force?" It was genuinely the first time he'd thought of it.

Amani snorted, "Just keep those capes at a distance, and maybe they'll be safe." She lifted up August to face her, his big blue eyes staring intently into hers, "Maybe."

Their walk down the path was filled with the mutterings of relentless adoring parents, squeezing every second with their children into something meaningful. Even if said children were a bit too young to really absorb all the information. It would all start to add up in time.

Soon they stumbled across a Jedi (presumably) in quiet contemplation. A sight that made Alicio think. His following question got Amani to blink, "Well… I don't know," She admitted. They couldn't exactly test the sensitivty of two babies who couldn't form coherent responses, "It's possible. But I suppose to them it would be just another sense. Another thing to grow into. To them, it's just as brand new as seeing, hearing, and smelling." How that sensitivity might expand in their later years remained to be seen. But Force potential tended to be hereditary, and given who both of their parents were, it was likely they would develop those capabilities relatively early on.

Amani twisted her lips in thought, "Whatever the case, I don't want to force them into anything. If either of them want to be Jedi, that's their choice to make," She nodded firmly.

Alicio shifted Liana to his other arm, continuing a close inspection of the infant. "I've wondered what would happen if I looked into their futures. What I might see. Who they might be, what they might be capable of, one day." He smirked to Amani. "I don't think I want to, though. I want as much of this to be a surprise as I can. I don't want to expect them to be anyone else than... who they'll be."

"Whatever the case, I don't want to force them into anything. If either of them want to be Jedi, that's their choice to make,"

Alicio found a small, teasing smile. "Who said anything about Jedi? Personally, I think we should force them to be... whatever the hell I am."

He chuckled a little at his own joke, before letting sincerity shine through. "Whatever they end up choosing, we'll be there to support them."

"Except maybe if they end up being Corporatists."
He turned his eyes down towards Liana, as if he were scolding her for the possible future. Her eyes said no promises.

Alicio admitted he'd wondered about looking into their future, but decided against it. Amani couldn't pretend to know what it was like to live with visions like he had, but she was glad to hear the conclusion he came to. "Me too," She smiled softly, "Seeing the future has its uses, but, at a certain point… It's not really living life, is it? Just walking down a predetermined path. No variance. No spontaneity." Coming from someone who often liked to plan things out as much as possible. But even if the outcome was the same, the difference between knowing and not knowing was still undeniable. The children needed to life live out of the shadow of what might be.

Amani smirked as Alicio continued to tease, but her eyes asked for a more serious answer, "I think that's just called 'A Force-sensitive person.'" Ultimately, he shared a similar sentiment, with a slight exception towards corporatists. Amani chuckled, then groaned, "Well, if we raise them right, hopefully they would never want to do that." Hopefully. "Who knew being a parent was so complicated?" She said wryly.

Alicio fought his sudden urge for pedantry, feeling it wasn't the proper time to explain in gross detail just how inaccurate his visions were, and what he would see would likely be a far cry from the truth anyways. It wasn't the time for a lecture on Force theory. "Yeah. My thoughts exactly. Mostly." He smiled at Amani, taking a moment to study Liana one last time.

Whatever was in their future, Alicio knew it would be bright. The specifics could wait.

"I think that's just called 'A Force-sensitive person.'"

"I suppose," the Count grumbled, slowing his pace to sulk next to Amani. "I do wish I prescribed to some kind of Force Order, if only for a cooler title."

Amani's exclamation at the troubles of parenthood made Alicio snort back at her, as he bumped the mirialan playfully with his hip, careful not to let August and Liana collide. "We'll be fine. That's all in the future, anyways. No need to stress about it now." It was a lesson Alicio was learning over and over again, in recent months. Let the future be. Live in the moment.

He returned Amani's wry smile. "We have a nasty habit of getting ahead of ourselves, don't we?"

Amani shot Alicio an amused look, "Cooler title? You do realize you're already a Count and a Senator, right?" She smirked, and bumped his shoulder with her own, "You're your own man, Alicio. You don't need an order to define you." He had gotten this far anyway.

The Count put her own mullings to rest as well, "You're right. Let's not do that," She chuckled, and lifted up August to give his forehead a kiss.

"We have a nasty habit of getting ahead of ourselves, don't we?"

A scoff, "What gave you that impression?" Amani cradled the boy back in her arms, "Maybe us buying a bunch of baby supplies 9 months ahead of time? When we didn't even know anything about our baby yet? Including the fact that it was actually babies?" She sighed, reflecting on those early days, "Yeah. It's something of a character flaw for both of us."

"I mean, yes, I do have those," he remarked, gracefully accepting the shoulder check. "But I could always use another for my collection." But, as per usual, Amani was right. He was his own person, who'd found his own philosophies, his own understanding of the galaxy and the Force. He didn't need an extra name, as much as he did enjoy them.

The only title he truly cared about receiving now was 'dad'.

"What gave you that impression?"

He snickered as Amani brought up exactly what he'd been thinking of. "Just a feeling, I guess," the Count joked, transitioning Lia to his other arm. "It's a miracle we dated for as long as we did. At the rate we've gone since, you'd think I would've proposed to you that first night in Sanctuary."

Perhaps their collective weakness lay somewhere between over-eagerness and over-preparedness.

Alicio sat down at the fountain's edge, watching as Liana reached for the water with a content ahh sound. Alicio raised an eyebrow at her. "Let's not, love," he chastised, turning Lia to face him. "Your immune system can't handle that kind of stress yet."

"I mean, yes, I do have those. But I could always use another for my collection."

"You could always come with me to medical school," She teased, "Then you can be Doctor Senator Count Organa." As if they needed more busyness in their lives. Hopefully Amani herself would be wrapping up her degree soon enough. That would at least clear up some of the inconvenience.

She couldn't help but laugh at Alicio's reflection on their dating life. August seemed rather taken aback by it, staring at her with those bugged out eyes of is, "Maybe if you were the one to make the first move," Amani teased, then smiled earnestly, "I'm glad we took it slow when we did. But now I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And with them. And I couldn't be happier." She touched his cheek, then sat down by the fountain.

"If you're hungry Lia, you can just ask," Amani chuckled. As if on cue, August began to reach up his hands in want, "See, your brother gets it." His mother fished around in the baby bag she had brought, and pulled out a bottle of milk.

"I can handle being a Senator, Count, and... Force-trained individual." He felt his shoulder sag under the weight of imagined responsibilities. "I don't think I could handle going back to school too. Not that I don't like the idea of Citizen Doctor-Senator-Count-Honorable Judge Alicio Organa."

"Maybe if you were the one to make the first move."

Alicio scoffed, then full on laughed at August's reaction, which caused Liana to look at them much the same. "Agreed. So very agreed. I wouldn't trade where we are now for anything," he said, smiling brightly as Amani touched his cheek. Then, his grin turned impish. "Though I'm glad we took the time we did. Who knows when we'll get time alone now?"

It was peaceful, at the edge of the fountain. Alicio turned his eyes suspiciously to each side, watching as a few other people passed the new family. The Jedi was nearby, as was a fellow parent toting their baby in a stroller, and what appeared to be an older couple on the nearby benches.

"It is that time, isn't it?," Alicio noted, as he watched Amani procure a bottle. It seemed his daughter realized this as well, as she whined in response to seeing it. He reached into the bag as well, pulling out Liana's corresponding bottle, and letting Liana take it greedily.

"Slow down. You'll get indigestion," Alicio murmured through his smile.

"I hear that. Maybe on it's own it would be more manageable, but… we're busy people," Going to 'regular' school after only really getting a Jedi education had been a bit of a culture shock to the mirialan. Sure, young jedi also study practical subjects like their non-Force-sensitive counterparts, but the structure was notably different.

"Though I'm glad we took the time we did. Who knows when we'll get time alone now?"

Amani smirked playfully, "Iiii'm sure we'll find a way to make it work…" They had a retinue of possible babysitters at their disposal, after all. It couldn't hurt for mom and dad to take a personal evening every now and then, right?

Both August and Lia clung to their bottles ravenously. You'd think they were on the edge of starvation, but no, they were just greedy, growing babies. Amani chucked, and looked down at her son, "Promise not to barf on me again when I burp you?" He was far too invested in his meal to pay her any mind. She took the silence as a threat. Still smiling, Amani watched the other park visitors, albeit with a bit of restraint, as if looking too much would put a big sign of their names over the Organas' heads. "It's gonna be a lot more hectic once we head back to work." The last couple days were busy sure, but just with baby stuff. Soon they'd be balancing their entire lives.

"And we're only getting busier," Alicio added, gesturing with his chin to the babies. He was glad Amani was finishing her studies soon. They were already pulled in so many directions. Adding 'new parents' onto that list would break both of their backs.

Alicio felt a little rose touch his cheeks as their conversation shifted to more intimate matters. "I'm sure we will..." he returned. Even after all this time, Amani still had that effect on him.

August and Liana's incredible hunger was a sight to see. Alicio tipped the bottle up higher as it quickly drained, to let Liana at every last drop. Her little hands grasped the sides of the bottle, keeping it securely in her mouth.

"It's gonna be a lot more hectic once we head back to work."

"Yes, it will," he supplied, pursing his lip in response. "No matter what, I want to be... in their lives. I know I've said it before, but having them here, now... I really know it."

The bottle ran out of milk, but still Liana suckled at it, as if to ensure every drop was gone. "That being said... Maybe there's a daycare at the Temple they can go to. For the Jedi's children." He finally removed the bottle from Lia's lips, though not without an epic power-struggle between father and daughter. "I don't think I could rest easy with them being left with anyone else."

"And you will," Amani reaffirmed. Perhaps to an outsider, it just sounded like stubborn naivete, to say everything would work out. But she knew they would do everything they could to be there for their children. And when it came to their children, other sacrifices were easier to make.

"Sure. The temple is equipped to board young children," It came from a time where bringing Jedi in as infants was the norm, after all. And though it was less regular now, there were still facilities in operation to raise those who had been brought in, "They'll be in good hands. And not just cause they'll be in the same building as their mom," She smiled down at August, who had already finished, looking quite full and sleepy, "Most of the time, anyway."

Amani put away the bottle, hoisted the boy over her shoulder, and began patting his back to get him to burp, "I think it's about nap time for these bugs. And maybe myself, as well."

Alicio seemed to think on Amani's words for a moment, weighed them against some invisible scale, before nodding slowly. If determination were currency, the Organas would be the richest people in the galaxy.

Of course the temple could handle kids. For a long period of their history, the Jedi had been exclusively taken as children. The Count continued his nod, and a relaxed smile. "It's the safest place on the planet for them. And close to where we both work. And it would let them start socializing with people that aren't us."

After placing a cautionary towel on his shoulder, Alicio hefted up Liana, patting her back gently. "Yeah. We should head back after this." To enunciate the thought, Liana let out a little burp, a line of drool leaking onto the towel.

"What do you think? Successful first day out?"

"All good points," She agreed. There was no where more fitting.

After a few pats, August let out an impressively loud burp for his size, "Wow, nice one." Amani chuckled, "And no spit-up, either. Appreciate it." She carried him over to the pram, and laid him down. His wriggling began to slow as tiredness set in. With any luck, these kids would be asleep all the way back home. Extracting them from the pram and into the crib without waking one up was an operation all it's own though.

"Yeah. Very successful. Minus one slight hiccup,"
Amani raised a finger, "We'll have to do it again." She waited for Liana to be set in the pram as well, and watched lovingly as the two children settled down. "Alright, Organas, let's head home." She reached out at hand for Alicio to take, then pushed off with the pram.

It was Alicio's turn to go bug-eyed as August let loose an uproarious burp, staring at the loud sound from the little package. "Most impressive," he concurred, flipping Liana around and folding up the mildly-damp towel. He replaced her into the pram, and admired the two sleepy babies together, before joining Amani around the back.

"Defnintely. Unless we want to go with our original plan, and lock them away in a high tower for the rest of their days." He chanced a smile, before entwining his pinkie with Amani's, his other hand grasping the bar of the pram.

"Let's head home."
Alicio-Divider.png

Only one photo of the Organas was taken that day.

An independent reporter, down on her luck, had decided to interview the Jedi in Coruscant Park for an exposé about their lives since the Second Great Hyperspace War. It wasn't the kind of story that would flood readers to her site, but the galaxy needed to hear more stories about Jedi outside of battle. Padawans, Knights, Masters, keeping the peace, or just living ordinary lives.

She recognized Councilmember Amani Serys, and intuited Senator Organa was the one that stood beside the Mirialan, the babies in their hands, theirs. Their clothes were different, but they barely made an effort to hide their faces, after all. Before she could stop herself, the reporter snapped a photo, looking at it on her screen before she'd really looked at it in real life.

Her first thought was the story. Here was the first picture ever taken of the future of House Organa- It would be worth hundreds, maybe thousands of credits to the right network. But then she really looked at it. Knight Serys, and Count Organa, bright smiles shining, as they showed their babies the world, one kicking his legs, as if he'd just heard the most wonderful sound. She'd sighed, shaking her head. Some moments needed to go public. Others...

The image was eventually included in the reporter's exposé, blurred just enough that their identities were hidden. Below it, a simple caption.

Young parents introduce their children to the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom