Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Once and Future

Amani laid down Liana as well, and both babies became entranced by the turning mobile. August did his best to reach for the twinkling stars, wheres Liana often for more of a frozen awestruck gaze. Amani watched with a sense of wonder of her own. Every little thing they did was worthy of her attention, her admiration. So many firsts, with many more still to come.

"No," She chuckled, then leaned against her husband lovingly, "Probably not. But for now they seem… content." Amani sauntered over to one of the rocking chairs in the room, and took a seat, "So maybe we should relax, while we can." Even that was debatable. The whole time, she was watching her babies like a hawk. But she had a comfy seat now, at least.

"And now we can just spend some time at home. As a family,"
No hospitals. No work. Just them and the twins. For a little while, anyway.

Alicio let an arm pass around Amani as she leaned into him, giving her side a gentle squeeze before letting her retreat to the chair. For his part, he simply leaned on the crib's railing, a hand coming up to press against his cheek.

He could watch them like this for hours.

"Relaxing is so much work, though," Alicio sighed, sending an ironic smile Amani's way. "I guess we can give it a try."

"You know... we need to update our tattoos, now."
Alicio pushed up his sleeve, to reveal the declaration of love inked into his skin. Amani had said they would get their last diamond once they had children. "Maybe sometime when the children are a little older, we can go back to Mirial. Give them a little taste of that world."

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"We've handled worse," Amani said with a mirrored smile. The mention of Mirial took a moment to process, but when it did, she lit up, "…Oh yeah!" With everything else going on in their lives, she had almost completely forgotten about that. Sure enough, they were due another tattoo, "I'd love to. And of course we'll have to make a trip to Alderaan as well. Give them a chance to meet the other Organas," That was likely to come sooner than Mirial, all things considered. Given there was some expectation for the new nobles to visit, and it was just more convenient.

They'd have plenty of time for it all. So many years ahead. And maybe one day, August and Liana would be getting some tattoos of their own.

"We should definitely go to Alderaan as well." Alicio's smile grew fatigued, just thinking of his family's homeworld. "If you thought the wedding gifts were excessive... I think we may need to get a warehouse to store all the toys for the kids." August and Liana were the continuation of the last line of House Organa. Many Alderaanians, royal and civilian alike, would be celebrating in the streets. Alicio had already gotten a flood of well-wishes and congratulations. Which made no sense, considering he'd barely done anything.

Amani deserved the praise. She'd given birth to the twins, not him.

Truly, Alicio was more looking forward to Mirial. There, they weren't the Great House of Organa. On Mirial, they could be a normal, albeit less green than average, family. Then again, he did want to share Sanctuary City with them.

"For more immediate plans... I was thinking we take them to the park sometime this week? Just to walk around. Maybe we can bust out our disguises again."

"I'm sure we could find some fake mustaches in their size..."
He snickered to himself.

Amani scoffed in amusement, "Well, then we won't have to worry about buying more toys ourselves for a while." They'd just have a dragon's hoard of baby stuff tucked away instead. It almost felt selfish, even though they didn't ask for it. Maybe they could give some away for charity. Then of course you run into the chance of someone being insulted that their gift was regifted.

In any case, it was going to be a serious occasion. The weight of nobility could often be exhausting, but here and now Amani was simply looking forward to it all. She just wanted to show the twins everything, and to share her joy with the galaxy, any chance she got. Her eyes settled back on them, as they had every time the last couple days.

Alicio brought up the nearby park, one of the key reasons they moved into this apartment over the rest. Amani snorted, "That would be adorable. Somehow I doubt there's any hiding them, though," Obviously, the twins had a very distinct appearance. If anyone knew what to look for, it probably wouldn't take much to oust the Organas during their trips. Maybe a pram would obscure them enough, but really Amani was just hoping that people would be respectful enough to know when not to accost them, "But I'd love to go. Their first walk in the park…" The first of many, she dreamed.

"That's a silver lining, I suppose," he said with a smile, looking back down to their children. "We'll have to be sure not to spoil them."

Likely a realistic concern. Alicio and Amani had started buying armfuls of things for Liana and August the day they'd learned Amani was pregnant.

While the idea of the twins in disguise was hilarious, Amani was quick to point out how it wasn't likely feasible. For better or for worse, they certainly had a unique look to them- short of full-body make-up, there would be little the young parents could do to conceal their identity. "It's not like everyone in the Alliance knows our faces," the Count mentioned optimistically. "Maybe we could have an hour of anonymity."

"Yeahhh…" It was a fair thing to point out. Amani and Alicio were both lunging at the opportunity to be great parents, but they had to make sure that they didn't cross the point of becoming so accommodating that their kids grew up spoiled. Their relatively modest lifestyle was probably a good first step towards counteracting that, at least.

As for a trip to the park, Alicio was hopeful that they might get a bit of time to themselves regardless of how recognizable they were. "Maybe," Amani hummed, not entirely convinced by his logic. At least, not when it came to them. But the kids on the other hand, "It's not exactly like their faces are well-known," Sure one could piece it together if they were looking, but the Organas only just gotten back from he hospital, and they certainly weren't shoving the babies' faces in front of any cameras, "Maybe we can give ourselves a little disguise again and just leave the kiddos be."

Despite some of the headaches that came with royal fame, Amani still believed in an inherent goodness to most everyone, and by extension a bit of courtesy from most passersby. Maybe they'd get lucky. "Worst case scenario, they just have to stay home the rest of their lives and never leave," She smirked, obviously joking, but also nervous about the fact that they would be in the public spotlight their whole lives.

As the mobile ended it's first rotation, Alicio called on the Force to nudge it a little, to continue the spin. "That's true. The paparazzi haven't had the chance to see them. If we're subtle, maybe we can get away with a day outside." Perhaps the only downside of Liana and August's marbled coloration.

Amani's final suggestion elicited a hushed bark of laughter from the Count. "That could work. Or we could take the ship halfway across the galaxy every time they need fresh air." Alicio sat down next to the rib, crossing his legs onto the soft carpet beneath. "Either way, we can let them see the sun at least once before cloistering them away."

He smiled back at Amani, leaning his shoulders against the crib. Archie tweeted, and flew down, alighting on the Count's shoulder, playing with the new father's hair. "But for now... Let's take a day off. Usually, I'd be antsy to get back to work, but today... I'm tired. And I can only imagine how you're feeling."

Amani tapped her temple in agreement. The plan was coming together. Hopefully, not every future excursion would need to be so clandestine. Alicio responded to her joke with one of his own, and she snorted, "Nothing could go wrong."

But right now, it truly felt that way. They were a new family, with so much to look forward to. For now though, she was happy to take a nice, long break, "I'm still exhausted. In fact, I think I'll just… stay in this chair and… shut my eyes for a little bit." She did just that, and enjoyed it for as long as the babies would permit her to.

Once the two of them had gotten their vitality back, and frankly gotten a bit tired to being cooped up, the Organas enacted their little scheme to visit the park. Amani switched up her outfit this time (the previous disguise as compromised, as apparently someone had snapped a few photos last time, under the correct suspicion that the couple may have in fact been the Count and Countess). She wrapped a thick scarf around her neck and shoulders, undid her hair so that it was voluminous and free-flowing, and donned some frumpy, ill-fitted clothes.

The twins were tucked in a pram, pushed along past the sights and sounds of the crisp park atmosphere. Amani had been keeping a vigilant eye out for any onlookers until now, but she finally let her guard down, "I think we're in the clear."

Alicio had never thought he'd be using his intimate connection with the energies of the universe to dodge paparazzi.

But here he was, opening his senses to the cityscape around them, tasting for surprise or victory in the air. Thankfully, as he, Amani, and the twins secluded themselves in the one tranquil, nature-filled place on Coruscant, the Count could finally let his defenses down.

"I think we're in the clear."

Alicio hummed in agreement, finally taking off the pair of fake glasses he'd stolen from Amani. "Good. Because these were starting to hurt my nose." Alicio pivoted around to the twins, and reached out his arms, grabbing Liana gently, and cradling her close.

"Enjoy your first, and only, breath of fresh air, babies," Alicio smirked over at Amani, before taking in a deep breath himself. "Now, it's no Tython, but it will have to do."

Amani picked up August, and dropped her shoulders with a sense of ease. Alicio voiced his discomfort with the choice of disguise, "I think you look kinda cute with glasses." She smirked, then barked a laugh at his following comment, "Capture this moment in your minds." August look around with infantile wonder, and became particular enraptured by the sound of a singing bird. He wriggled excitedly, earning another laugh from his mom, "You hear that?"

Her grin gradually muted, until just the corners of her lips were upturned, "…Tython would be nice." It was technically her real home, after all. It still hurt to think about all the damage that the planet had been through, but perhaps by now the ecological turmoil had died down. "Another place to add to the list, I guess. As long as it's ah, safe." There definitely weren't a lot of paparazzi on Tython, that was for certain.

"You think so?" Alicio considered the glasses for a moment, before hanging them on his shirt collar. "Maybe if I actually had a pair in my size."

Liana held a similar slack-jawed awe as her brother, as Alicio brought her over to the base of a tree, letting his back lean against the rough bark. She could likely only see the vaguest of shapes, but never so much green before. He smirked at Amani and August, letting a finger caress the tufts of dark hair at the top of Lia's head.

The twinge of melancholy in Amani's face, as small as it was, wasn't lost on Alicio. He looked to her with a comforting smile, and pushed off the tree to stand next to his wife. "It won't ever be the same as it was, but..." He held Liana a little higher, as if she were proof. "Life will begin again."

"Alright, let's walk the paths. It's what we're here for, after all."

Holding his daughter close, and staying within a step of Amani and August, Alicio padded along the winding, open trail, pausing to let Liana examine every flower and water feature along the way. She did so with an unerring interest, reaching out her hands to try to touch everything. As he watched her, he seemed to have a pensive look in his face.

"Would you ever want to... return there? To the farm?" He looked to Amani, a sad smile shadowing his face. "I understand if you wouldn't. I don't think I could enjoy going back to Balmorra."

"That would probably help," Amani chuckled. It added an extra flair of sophistication, but was hardly necessary to make him look good.

The Organa twins were astounded by every color, sound, and shape they could spot. The natural world was awfully distinct from a hospital room or the apartment, even with how many plants their mother stuck inside. And few natural worlds compared to Tython in its heyday. Despite the pain, Amani smiled warmly, and nodded. Alicio was right. It was the circle of life. And despite the Maw's best efforts, Tython still remained. Damaged, but not extinguished.

"Yes. It's quiet today. Maybe we'll have them all to ourselves." Unlikely, but one could dream. Amani gave August the panoramic view, slowly turning to examine all the nuances of nature that seemed to pique his interest. The boy made a cute little burbling noise as they came across a butterfly, which splayed its wings and took off from a vibrant flower petal.

"Would you ever want to... return there? To the farm?"

Amani pursed her lips, contemplating the question, "…Yeah. I think so." She nodded as if to affirm her own statement, "It carries some… weight. But, there's a lot of good memories, too." Maybe it was time to reminder herself of the joy rather than the heartache. To finally return home with a new, healed perspective. "You don't think there's anything good for you back on Balmorra?" His childhood didn't really share the bucolic traits of her own, she knew.

"Maybe we'll have them all to ourselves."

Alicio gave Amani a doubtful look. "On Coruscant, love? When puffer pigs fly."

Seeing the occasional park-enjoyer pass them on their stroll wasn't the worst thing to the Count. He smiled and waved at each jogger and fellow small family they passed, enjoying the air, and Liana's continuous stares at everything and everyone.

Amani's answer made Alicio nod, although there was some detectable reservation.
"Then we should go. Maybe when the children get a little older, and if Tython stabilizes..." Thinking about Balmorra brought a more noticeable frown to his face. Even after all these years, he still hadn't healed from that particular wound. He'd never gotten closure, and probably never would. "Everything from my past was likely lost when the Sith bombed the city. There's nothing there for me, anymore." Absently, Alicio hugged Liana a little tighter, causing her to squirm against her newfound bonds. Freeing one of her hands, she batted his chin, burbling something inscrutable.

Alicio looked down, breaking into a chuckling smile. "Aw, sorry Lia. Didn't mean to trap you."

Walking down the path, a pair of young women, likely university-aged, stopped in their tracks as they saw the Count and Countess. After giggling to each other for a moment, they walked with purpose towards the young couple. "Ohmygod," squeaked one, barely containing herself as she approached Amani and August. "They're soooooo cute. How old are they?"

Alicio let out a sigh of relief. They weren't recognized. Only in the possession of two adorable little infants.

Amani smirked, "A girl can dream."

Sure enough, the trails were in use by others, but it was hardly an impediment. Most were pleasant, and preoccupied by their own business. Enjoying nature, the same as they were. August and Liana continued to be fascinated by every little detail their eyes could parse, passersby very much included. Alicio supported his wife's interest in returning to Tython, "Yeah. I'd like that." But there was less to find in Balmorra. Admittedly, Amani hadn't quite considered the Sith bombings when she brought it up, and mentally chastised herself for it, "I'm sorry, honey. I understand." Sometimes healing from the past wasn't a matter of confronting what once was. It was just accepting that what once was, wasn't there anymore.

Amani smiled at the kids again, and tousled August's dark wispy hairs, to which he reached up a pudgy hand in response. Then, the Organas were beset upon by a pair of college girls, who couldn't help but coo over the adorable twins. There was a split second of tension, but they weren't being rude, and they weren't doing it out of recognition for the family. Amani propped up August against her, and he stared at the women with bulging bug eyes.

"Just a few days, actually." The two women both awww'd, "Thought we'd give them a taste of the trees and the grass early on. Coruscant is a bit more metal than either of us are used to." She glanced over at Alicio as she spoke.

"It's alright," he murmured, finding a smile as he repeated his previous words. "Life will begin again."

The distraction of two young baby-enthusiasts was all he needed to pull himself out of any lingering sorrows towards his old homes. It was nearly as fun watching the kids stare at the college students, as it was watching the college students fawn over the kids. He used the distraction of the children to put back on his glasses, just in case.

"What are their names?" The woman waggled her finger in front of August, who immediately began kicking his legs in excitement, which elicited another round of aww's. "August and Liana," Alicio offered, walking up with their daughter in his arms.

"Well, they are absolutely cuties," said the other, smiling at Amani. "Where are you two from? Did you meet here on Coruscant?"

"Kristi, you can't just ask people about their personal biz," the first one whispered loudly into her compatriot's ear.

"Oh. Sorry." The first girl, Kristi, smiled sheepishly.

"No, it's fine," Alicio soothed, sending a skewed smile Amani's way. "No, we didn't meet here. But... work brought us together." He'd leave it to Amani to decide exactly how much they wanted to tell them.

The babies were eating up the attention. Naturals in the limelight, it seemed. Amani found it quite nice, as opposed to them being immediately scared of the new stimulus.

One of the women was eager to learn more, but the Organas wouldn't shut it down right away. They could still have a cordial exchange, even if they beat around some of the more revealing details, "Coruscant is just convenient to both our jobs, so we decided to settle down here. We both work in the humanitarian sector and just met by chance on a job. He invited me to a party after, and I thought he was cute so I said yes." Amani giggled, shooting a smile Alicio's way. It was a bit oversimplified, but otherwise true, "It's worked out pretty well, I'd say," She teased, and hoisted up August as if to accentuate her point. The baby burbled incoherently in response.

"You two from around here, or…?"

"Coruscant is just convenient to both our jobs, so we decided to settle down here. We both work in the humanitarian sector and just met by chance on a job. He invited me to a party after, and I thought he was cute so I said yes."

Alicio sent Amani a teasing smirk and an upturned brow. Well, it wasn't entirely truthful, but the broad strokes were mostly right. And she called him cute, which made up for any inconsistencies. "And the rest is history," he added, smiling contentedly.

The two women nodded and smiled. "I'm from here. Just a few levels down. Kristina is from... ummm..." She looked to her walking partner, agonizing over information just out of reach. "Where are you from again, Kristi? Onderon?"

"Alderaan, Maya," Kristi responded, rolling her eyes. Alicio's eyebrows shot up, as he examined Kristi just a bit closer. As far as he could tell, she really didn't recognize them. Did the glasses work that well?

"Mmm," was all he could say, as he tried to collect himself, and cover for his shock. "I see why you walk here, then. It's nice. A little like Alderaan."

Kristi nodded, none the wiser. "Yeah. More than everything else here, at least. Have you been?"

"...Yes. I have. Been there." Keep it together, Organa.

Figures one of the women would be from Alderaan. More shocking was that this Kristina genuinely didn't seem to know who either of them were. The Countess did her best to hide a suspicious reaction. She shot Alicio a glance, then quickly plastered a cordial smile back across her face. August was starting to drool onto her hand, which she used as an opportunity to preoccupy herself.

"Yeah. More than everything else here, at least. Have you been?"

"...Yes. I have. Been there."

Amani subdued a more sly smile, practically forcing the corner of her lip back down. Alicio earned another glance, "It's a lovely world. Very beautiful." Lying was really not her thing. Thankfully she was able to cover up with simple half-truths thus far, but her facade was cracking. They needed an out, without being rude.

As if on cue, there was a gurgling noise, followed by an uncomfortably warm splat across Amani's shirt. She looked down, and saw the freshly made spit-up, courtesy of August, "O-oh, gosh. Should probably take care of these little ones before they get impatient," She chuckled awkwardly, "You know how babies can be. But it was uh, really lovely to meet you two!" Amani looked at the women as if asking for permission to leave with grace, already stepping to the side as if ready to escape the conversation at a moment's notice.

One would think after spending the first three-quarters of your life hiding their nobility, you would get a bit better at keeping your cool than Alicio did.

To be fair, he hadn't had to lie in a long time. Pretending not to be an Organa was second-nature to the Count, but some combination of rustiness, the fatigue of looking after the twins, and genuinely disliking telling any sort of lie, made him freeze up enough that August had to come in with the save.

Alicio looked down at the hero of the hour, then gave Amani a sympathetic smile. The college girls were quick to follow suit, both making mildly disgusted faces. "Oh, yeah, go ahead and handle that. Nice meeting you!"

"Same. Bye," Kristi said, though she did give both Amani and Alicio one last look before turning away with Maya, their continued conversation just detectable over the sounds of songbirds. "I swear they looked familiar, Em. Holoflick stars, maybe...?"

Alicio let out a deep sigh, before stepping over to their pram, and letting Liana rest within. She began whining, which made Alicio's smile twist. "Sorry, Lia. But mother needs a little help." After letting his hand trace along his daughter's forehead, he procured a rag they'd been smart enough to prepare. Alicio stepped in close to Amani, and began to dab at the spit up, a smirk on his face.

"Thank you for the save, August," Alicio congratulated, gently grasping Amani's shoulder to steady her as he cleaned it. "I like the new look, Amani. The puke stain really brings it all together."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom