Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the Plains of Dathomir

Elayne wrung out her clothes as well, and frowned " Darkness? is that what that feeling is? why would you be so attracted to a dark presence?" She asked as she now was just as unclothed as Bronwyn , Elayne shivered a bit " Its cold... " She now was hoping they could find some sort of weapon as neither had one... that she could see. Elayne felt like being nice and to try to distract the both of them " you look pretty good for being half drowned.. you pull the look off well" She said with a giggle as she pushed Bronwyn back in the water in a playful manner and she stuck her tongue out towards her. It might be time to take things seriously but she wanted to distract her sell and was more distracting than pushing a friend in the water.

Bronwyn Tyr

@}-',--BeautifulDisaster--,'-{@
To say she was taken by surprise was an understatement as she was shoved back into the water. Standing at a mere 5'2" and only 115 lbs, she wasn't hard to push around. After the initial shock wore off, she gave Elayne a playful smile. Oh she was gonna pay ... Bronwyn's eyes turned violet as they so often did while she was performing her spells as she reached her hands out toward Elayne and gave a burst of energy at her friend. It wasn't enough to knock her back or anything, no that wasn't the point. The result was all the dust and dirt from the cave floor stirred up and clouded around Elayne. As the dust settled, all the dirt and dust had stuck to poor soaking wet Elayne. Bronwyn smirked at her cleverness. "I don't know, you pull off that grimy look just as well." Bronwyn also stuck out her tongue as well in response. "As for the darkness, well ... " She thought about it for a moment, deciding on what to tell Elayne and what not to tell, "It's not as bad as our clans would have us believe."

Elayne laughed and jumped back in after Bronwyn making sure to splash as her as much as she could. She rubbed it off with the water and looked to Bronwyn " You will have to teach me how you did that " She said as she climbed back up " Well, I just hope we don't end up dying in here.. but we should keep going... we can always come back here and hide in the water if nothing else.. " Elayne thought it would be cool if nothing was in it.. or they somehow chased out what lived here.. it could be their hideout. she thought, " If we deal with the darkness perhaps we can use this as a hideout!" Elayne put her damb but not soaked clothes back on, She couldn't wait till they went forward.

Bronwyn Tyr

It didn't take long for Bronwyn to climb out of the water and also fetch her own damp clothes. "I'd love to teach you some stuff, and you can show me what you know!" She said as she shook out her clothes. She finished pulling her clingy shirt down and grabbed a torch from the wall. " 'If' being the key word there." She smiled back to her friend as they continued down the dim, torch lit path. For most of the part, the walk was uneventful until they can into a clearing. Bronwyn slowly and carefully peeked around the corner. It was a large hollowed out room with a hammock and chest on one end and a table and pantry on the other. Sconces lined the perimeter of the room. It seemed quite unoccupied at the moment, so Bronwyn stepped out to investigate. She walked up to the table and the first thing to catch her eye was the bread and cheese on a single plate and a goblet of wine. She picked up the goblet and sniffed. "Notice anything strange here? I'll give you a hint ... the wine is fresh and there is no mold on the cheese or bread."

Letting Elayne mull that over, she noticed a diary of some sorts on the table and just about began to open it when a large dark shadow moved past the room. Someone or something was coming !!

Elayne was fascinated, quiclkyin going to the chest, maybe there was a weapon.. when she found a stick, a rather sturdy one, and grabbed it. She began sense out into her surrondings for some form of life when she felt something... What was it " Freeze!" She said, trying to act like the one who was in control, if she could offset whatever it was, then she had a good chance of winning this battle before it began. She tried ot make out what it was.

Bronwyn Tyr

The shadow had moved on and things got quiet. Bronwyn was froze as she looked around waiting for anything or something to jump out at them. only nothing. She did notice two halls coming off the room opposite from where they had entered. Elayne was near one, Bronwyn the other. "Find anything interesting ?" Bronwyn asked curiously, only to feel a clammy moist hand cover her silented scream from behind as she was quickly snatched from the room. when Elayne turned to respond, she would find herself standing alone.

Elayne had turned around to answer Bronwyn when she wasn't there. That was strange she hadn't even heard her move. She looked around but as she determined that she was not hiding. But where could she be then, she was starting to get scared... Where did she go? Where could Bronwyn of gone. " This isn't funny!" Where did she go, Elayne held her stick defensively backing up to a wall, she looked for some sign of where "Bronwyn where are you?" She crept around searching, taking care to pay attention to her surroundings. looking under the bed, and she began to walk down the oppisite hall way, perhaps she got adventurous. Elayne though " Bronwyn are you down here? " She slowly ventured forward, stick in hand, she would find the source...

Bronwyn Tyr

Upon following the tunnel, Elayne would find herself in another large hollowed out room.A green haze floated in the room coming from a large cast iron pot.There were other crudely made things here like shelves, tables, and chests. In one corner was some creepy looking shrine surrounded by candles. The room was poorly lit, despite the candles, and a large shadow creepy along the floor toward the entrance to were Elayne was hiding. The shadow belonged to a horribly disfigured hunchbacked grotesque male who was standing over a lifeless form. Bronwyn layed there motionless.

The male witch had used some kind of concoction he brewed up on her to prevent her from moving. Also, upon closer inspection of the shrine, if you bothered to look close enough, you'd see a small pile of what looked like vital organs from some poor sentient.

Elayne had crept up the hall way, curiuous where her friend had gone. She had seen so many torches and such. She was worried, she didn't think that she would play a joke this long.
Elayne found her self unbelieveably angry.. how dare he lay even a finger on her friend. She took a deep breath and began chanting, meaning it more than she ever had before, calling up on every ounce of strength she had, she called not just a tourch but every source of flame in the vincinty, including the hall way and poured it at the man. She wanted the man to suffer for what he did to Bronwyn, she had never felt this way but that was her friend lying there helpless. It was that and fear for her own life. It was as if arrows of fire were pelting the man.

Bronwyn Tyr

A few of the fiery arrows managed to hit their target and leave scorch marks on the thick animal hyde vest the hunchback had been wearing just as he quickly managed to throw up a deflection spell as the invisible field absorbed the remainder of the wicked arrows. Pulling all of the fire throughout the cave cast them into utter darkness. A maniacal laugh could be heard from the wouth of the male witch. "Dumb witch is not too bright to dim the light." He taunted in a sickening singsong type of voice.

From his lips he mumbled a few words to a spell that was unfamiliar with both Bronwyn and Elayne as a bright white light shot from his fingertips blinding Elayne where she stood. Another sickening laugh followed by a few more unknown words as a giant ball of flame was hurled at Elayne. Clearly, this male witch was well versed in their ways, though given his dialect, they were ancient ways ... not much unlike the words Bronwyn had read off of the cave walls earlier.

Elayne might of not been able to move, but she began chanting, as her life actually depended on it, Her spell was to control fire, she chanted and chanted, whiching Bronwyn could chant with her, as she chanted she saw the ball of flame, at least slow, but Elayne kept it up. She didn't know if it would work, as she was getting quite warm, as she fought the fire ball off. If there was a time for this spell to work wonderfuly this was the time. She also tried to use the force, which she could do, to push it, as she chanted, She knew one of them should do it. She just wanted it to hit the ugly man. Elayne hoped that she lived to see another day.
She needed to save Bronwyn...

Bronwyn Tyr

The sadistic smile slowly began to fade from his expression as he realized his fire ball was slowing. His expression then turned to one of concern as it slowly began to change course. "What kind of magic is this ?" He asked himself. Then without warning, the fireball returned itself to its sender at an alarming speed. Unable to come up with something fast enough, his own fireball exploded on impact and he was thrown into the table behind him where Bronwyn was laying. Knives and other grotesque instruments scattered as the weight of the man shattered the table in two.

Also being thrown to the floor, Bronwyn had snapped out of whatever trance he had her in. She awoke as her eyes fluttered and were trying to adjust to the darkness. All she could see was an outline of a figure who looked to have small flames eating away at his clothing. She fumbled around and found a broken piece of table, mouthed afew words and set the end on fire for another torch. From her light she was able to see the horribly disfigured old man, his flesh had been burned something fierce. She gasped when he began to move again. No way anyone could move after being seriously injured. She found a large knife laying on the groundand picked it up. That's when she noticed Elayne ! "You need to finish him off, Elayne, so he doesn't do this to anyone else !" She pleaded with her friend. If the human remains were any indication, he had been a pro at the snatch, grab, and sacrifice method.

Elayne was stunned for what seemed like ages, she couldn't believe she had pulled it off, she should be dead but she wasn't. Thank allah that she was alive. She seemed to be stuck still but it wasn't the case, she had just never had anything work like that before. Elayne was blown out of her mind, and it was only by Bronwyn's screaming that she came to, she grabbed a dagger that seemed drawn towards her hand and ran towards him going for his vital spots. She would not let him live, She was going to save her firiend. " Die your wretched man, Die and leave this place, and never come back, Die! " She had never felt this strongly about anything but she had become somewhat attached to her friend and dsomeone that hurt her... well deserved worst than this. " Die!" she kept stabbing him.

Bronwyn Tyr

There was killing in self defense, and then there was killing because you enjoyed it. Elayne continued stabbing possibly even after she really had to. Bronwyn fell to her knees and put both hands over her friends hand that held the knife. "its all over." She said softly. She waited for Elayne to realize this, and the moment Elayne looked to her, Browyn wrapped her arms around her friend. "Thank you so much ... " She let herself linger there for a moment before pulling away. "It felt good, didn't it? To defeat someone you didn't think you could win against." She sat there for a moment with Elayne, letting her words sink in. "Is this your first time ?" She asked in reference to taking someones life.

Elayne finally stopped when Bronwyn had put her hands over hers. She began crying as Bronwyn hugged her. Elayne had been terrified... the entire time.. and as Bronyn had let go elayne hugged her. She managed to repond, as she recovered though. " Yes.. thats the first time I have ever killed someone... " Elayne was not very sure you would call taking the life of someone regardless of the circumstances was a good feeling. She kept holding on to Bronwyn... " Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" She peeled away form Bronwyn and began checking her for injries. Elayne had to make sure her friend was ok.

Bronwyn Tyr

Just as soon as Bronwyn let her go, Elayne attached herself back to her. It would seem that the bonds of their friendship had grown and wound tighter. Bronwyn warmly accepted her embrace. "I'm fine ... thanks to you ... again." She admitted with a smile on her face. "You just can't help saving me. And I REALLY appreciate that." she smiled to her friend,despite the tear falling from her eye . She did, in fact, since it was the first in a long time she felt like someone cared.

Her eyes drifted down to where their assailant lay lifeless on the dusty floor. It was just then that she realized that the darkness she felt earlier was still strong and growing stronger. Suddenly, over in the corner of the shrine, the candles burst into flames once more with bright green flames. Bronwyn stood and curiously began to slowly take strides towards it, like a moth to a flame. It was like it was calling out to them. The candles burned all around, though never melted, and in the center was a hexagonal stone tablet engraved with strange markings that also began to glow with a greenish light. In the center of the tablet was an amulet. Attached to a golden chain was a round piece. The center was a round red jewel that seemed to pulse with life and around it decorative gold weaved stands. Its beauty and power were enchanting.

Elayne felt it... and she didn't like it... " Bronwyn stay away from it.. only bad things can come from such an dark thing!" She went and grabbed Bronwyn, trying to hold her back slightly, at least enough to try to talk her out of it. " It made that man what he was... Do you want that to be you? " She said... hoping her friend would leave it where it lied. She wondered if they could break it... Elayne tried to chant to burn it and as the fire gathered around it... nothing happened... if anything it helped it.... She sighed... " Please bronwyn don't take it... its an evil thing. " She didn't want her friend to become like that horrible man. She still had some tears as she felt horrible for killing him even though she knew that he deserved it.
Elayne... then had a bit of her implusive nature suddenly rationalize it... She attempted to push Bronyn to the side and ran towards it.. She was going to grab it so that it didn't hurt Bronwyn... she didn't see the same things Bronwyn did... she could take it to her mother to get destroyed or something... She just knew that it was dangerous... and she wanted to get rid of it.

Bronwyn Tyr

"Elayne, we don't know for a fact that this amulet is what turned that man into what he was ... " She said, trying to convince her friend as well as herself. She watched a little apprehensively as her friend tried to burn it, but was relieved to see it relatively unscathed. "You can't feel the power that is radiating from it ? We didn't come all this way for nothing, let's just check it out. What harm coul ... ooomph !" she said as she was unexpectedly pushed to the floor as Elayne made an attempt to get there before she did. Bronwyn picked herself up and dusted herself off and smirked as her friend aquired the amulet. "If you wanted it first, Elayne, all you had to do was ask. After all, you have saved my life twice, I owe it to you." Her smile faded slightly. "Though don't think I'm just going to let youdestroy it." She wouldn't ever harm her friend, but she would try to stop her from destroying something that could make her much more powerful.

Elayne.. couldn't believe it.. she had pushed her friend.... she frowned... " I am sorry I just didn't want you to get hurt... I don't know what came over me..." She said as looked down at the amulet in her hands... it pulsed with energy.. and seemed to make her stronger.. she wasn't sure how.. she just knew she was. " Well do you think we should show it to someone else.. it doesn't seem so bad now that I am holding it.. but maybe I am under its spell.." She seemed to not want to say the last part.. it was a amulet.. that was just fine right? " I am so sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you... " Elayne went over and hugged Bronwyn... So what do you think it does? It seems to make you seem stronger..." She some how knew that since she had picked up she could never bring her self to destroy such a beauitful item. " it is wierd... hmm is there anything else here? she said looking at the various things... She took the dagger that she had stabbed him with... the memoires coming up... she stashed it in her belt. She looked to bronwyn and wondered what she thought.

Bronwyn Tyr

"I'm okay, Elayne, I promise." She gave her friend a reassuring smile, "You were just excited is all." She said dismissing the whole incident completely. She watched with keen interest as her friend described what she felt as she clutched the powerful dark amulet. To say she was a little jealous that Elayne was in possession of it instead of her was an understatement. But she wasn't about to go all Smeagol on Elayne. Elayne had more than earned it. And who knew, maybe they could share it ? And if not, Bronwyn could always get the next hidden dark artifact hidden away deep in a trap laden lair guarded by some corrupted mad crazy man. :)

"See? I told you it wouldn't be that bad." She said coming around behind Elayne and placed her hands on her shoulders and rested her chin on her right hand looking over her friend's shoulder, admiring their treasure as well. "But, no, let's not tell anyone about it. We should keep this our secret. And don't worry, if you start acting strange or growing into a humpback, I'll be the first to let you know." She teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom